Is Rick Ross the only rapper left that still TRUSTS the black community for support?

Options

Comments

• b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ross rescues black babies from ? houses with nothin but a 2 X4 and the ironclad will of john henry
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don´t thibnk ross raps for black people.I think ross just raps.? hasn´t made one known conscious song yet.Dude aint no Nasir Jone nor Common Sense.

^^^^^^
    White folks just love bumping that......
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don´t thibnk ross raps for black people.I think ross just raps.? hasn´t made one known conscious song yet.Dude aint no Nasir Jone nor Common Sense.

I know its confusing for you, but I will try to explain:

When you put an album together you pick specific elements to incorporate into that album.

you can include Soul elements or Techno elements
    you can include a Neo-Soul elements with Erykah Badu or a Pop element with Justin Timberlake.

Are you using R&B singers on your hooks or PoP artists on your hooks

Are you going to include a token white artist to sway the G-Unit crowd or a Black music icon like Raphael Saadiq

The T/S is highly intelligent and explained his theory brilliantly but in the process may have confused many posters who lack the intellectual capacity to understand/overstand the dynamic he speaks of.
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011
    Options

What White folks know about the tayda chips and the hot sashy.....
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011
    Options

^^^^^^
    Black folk will shovel ? , we'll CO just to bow our heads and pray ova the meatloaf.....
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011
    Options

^^^^^^^^
    Why isn't Em hopping on remixes like this one. Afterall white ppl are the ones buying most of EM'S AND ROSS' music right? I'm sure white ppl are jamming ? like this after they're done listening to Recovery right?
  • 3R10
    3R10 Members Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Because none of them own one yet alone even know anyone who does. Shadyteam kicking that bull about white kids supporting Rick when the evidence is right here in this thread who supports him and who doesn't. Any other day they'd all agree that no whites or anybody else for that matter ? with Ross, now when presented with TRUTH all of a sudden only surburban white kids were the ones jamming Albert Anastasia last memorial day weekend. Gee you and I know the truth which is why the responses in this thread validate the thread title.

been reading the thread! very interesting, that's why I joined! however I tend to disagree because I think that a lot of white people also buy Rick Ross' albums...

here's is my proof

IMG_0308.jpg
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011
    Options
    3R10 wrote: »
    been reading the thread! very interesting, that's why I joined! however I tend to disagree because I think that a lot of white people also buy Rick Ross' albums...

here's is my proof

IMG_0308.jpg

That's what's up. But all it really proves is that you're a white guy who likes Black Urban music. I never said white ppl don't buy Rick Ross albums. I'm just saying Ross' music caters to a Black hip-hop audience.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited May 2011
    Options

here's is my proof

IMG_0308.jpg

lolll good ? !
    That's what's up. But all it really proves is that you're a white guy who likes Black Urban music. I never said white ppl don't buy Rick Ross albums. I'm just saying Ross' music caters to a Black hip-hop audience.

fam iitz a FACT rick rizzle has a bigger BLK fanbase then da MUUUNKEE cuz cuuurly has mo white fanz then blk lolll..look@ how da muuunkeez sellz took a big DROP cuz WHITEZ stop;d buyin his GARBAGE!
  • H-Rap 180
    edited May 2011
    Options

here's is my proof

I can respect that, you probally appreciate a rapper that gave you this:
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    rick+ross+coffee.jpg

Imagine an album with the mainstream-King of the East-Coast JayZ
    & the underground-King of the East-Coast Styles P. on it.. (NY is in the house)

add the King of the South T.I. on that same album with the underground King of the South Gucci Mane.. (ATL is in the building...)

add the Soul-Sister sounds of two of the most anti-pop diva's in the music industry Erykah Baduh and Chrisette Michelle (No padded bra coonery from stripper-rappers or pop-chicks)

add the Neo-Soul sounds of Jon Legend and west-coast Legend Raphael Saadiq (Class and sophistication from two of our best)

add the Rhythm & Blues sounds of Trey SongZ and Ne-Yo (The Prince & the Gentleman)

add the Gospel sounds of Cee-Lo Green (The conscious rap legend from the ? )

ROSS_FOOD.jpg

Now take all those wonderful ingredients (Rap, Soul, Neo-Soul, R&B & Gospel) and chop them up nicely and put them in a nice-sized ? .

Now add some seasoning and spices of lush, cinematic, and theatrical sounds, and samples.

add a dash of Clark Kent's east-coast pepper.
    a pinch of Kanye West & No Id's mid-western marinade
    a few drops of of the J.U.S.T.C.E League southern hot sauce

Now put the top on the ? and let it marinate for 11 hours......
    Now turn the fire on and let it cook for about 50 min's

ROSS_SAUCE.jpg

When its done cooking serve yourself and serve it to somebody special...

No additives, no preservatives, no artificial color or artificial flavors
    This is SOUL food, comfort food, backyard Bar B Que
    Candle-light dinner, fine-dining and a home-cooked meal.
    ross-kitchen-2-500x281.png

We thank ? for this food....Hallelujah...now eat.
  • Rhymesfinest
    Rhymesfinest Members Posts: 1,892 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options

^^^^^^^^
    Why isn't Em hopping on remixes like this one. Afterall white ppl are the ones buying most of EM'S AND ROSS' music right? I'm sure white ppl are jamming ? like this after they're done listening to Recovery right?

I mean c'mon you think Ace Hood can afford the budget of paying Eminem something like 250K for a feature? a Rapper like Ace Hood or someone similar would love to have Eminem do a feature business wise it makes sense Eminem is the biggest seller and his fan base will support the record if it is of quality but he simply can not afford to pay the fee Eminem charges for a feature or a Beat

In your world StillDreaming you feel whites whatever kinda enviroment that white person may be from don't like Street/Gangsta Rap and to me that is just somethin crazy to think cos whites have always been entertained and ate up that kinda Rap
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I mean c'mon you think Ace Hood can afford the budget of paying Eminem something like 250K for a feature? a Rapper like Ace Hood or someone similar would love to have Eminem do a feature business wise it makes sense Eminem is the biggest seller and his fan base will support the record if it is of quality but he simply can not afford to pay the fee Eminem charges for a feature or a Beat

Exactly. Why pay all that money for an Em feat when he would really add nothing to a track like this. Ppl use Em for his access to the mainstream, the mainstream is not really what a track like Hustle Hard was made for. Ace Hood and Ross are catering to the SAME AUDIENCE, Em is not. Ross will gladly hop on a remix like this one for little to nothing because it gives him more exposure to the urban black audience, Em doesnt need the black audience for support, which explains one why he would never do a feat like this, and two why it would cost so much to get him on this song. Em wouldn't benefit one bit by doing a feat on an Ace Hood song so of course he wouldn't do it.
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Exactly. Why pay all that money for an Em feat when he would really add nothing to a track like this. Ppl use Em for his access to the mainstream, the mainstream is not really what a track like Hustle Hard was made for. Ace Hood and Ross are catering to the SAME AUDIENCE, Em is not. Ross will gladly hop on a remix like this one for little to nothing because it gives him more exposure to the urban black audience, Em doesnt need the black audience for support, which explains one why he would never do a feat like this, and two why it would cost so much to get him on this song. Em wouldn't benefit one bit by doing a feat on an Ace Hood song so of course he wouldn't do it.

If Ace Hood contacted Em's manager and had the fee to pay him i guarantee you Eminem would jump on a track with him he has done this for T.I., Lloyd Banks, etc

In your dream world all black people are drug dealers like Rick Ross talks about which is just offensive to think it's a % minority of blacks who are drug dealers compared to the majority who are just normal hard working people

What you doing is boxing all blacks in the world in the same box when that is ?
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options
    In your dream world StillDreaming white kids have never liked Gangsta Rap

White people weren't the ones who bought 2pac Album's right StillDreaming 2pac one of the most pro black Rappers ever himself said more than half his fanb base was white

So you feel just cos Rick Ross has a couple songs talking about being black he doesn't have a huge white fan base in your dream world
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If Ace Hood contacted Em's manager and had the fee to pay him i guarantee you Eminem would jump on a track with him he has done this for T.I., Lloyd Banks, etc

In your dream world all black people are drug dealers like Rick Ross talks about which is just offensive to think it's a % minority of blacks who are drug dealers compared to the majority who are just normal hard working people

What you doing is boxing all blacks in the world in the same box when that is ?

I have made it very clear that I don't think ALL black ppl listen or even like Ross. Em ? with banks because of the gunit affiliation and didn't hop on a track with Tip until TI vs Tip, if he'd hopped on a track from Urban Legend or Trap Muzik then you'd have an argument. DESPITE WHO'S SUPPOSDLY BUYING IT, THE MUSIC IS STILL URBAN BLACK MUSIC. Em doesn't need to cater to that demographic for success so obviously he doesn't. Use ya brain sweetheart, you can comprehend what I'm saying.....
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I have made it very clear that I don't think ALL black ppl listen or even like Ross. Em ? with banks because of the gunit affiliation and didn't hop on a track with Tip until TI vs Tip, if he'd hopped on a track from Urban Legend or Trap Muzik then you'd have an argument. DESPITE WHO'S SUPPOSDLY BUYING IT, THE MUSIC IS STILL URBAN BLACK MUSIC. Em doesn't need to cater to that demographic for success so obviously he doesn't. Use ya brain sweetheart, you can comprehend what I'm saying.....

What....is urban black music?
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options

Every Artist that makes Hip Hip makes Urban black Music since that is what Hip Hop is Urban black Music

What do people in Urban enviroments go through? poverty? what has Eminem story, angle and what he Rapped about early on in his career been? poverty struggling in Detroit on welfare

I guess you missed the tracks like 'If I Had' 'Rock Bottom' '8 Mile Road' 'Lose Yourself' etc

Eminem's Music and i'm talking Marshall Mathers not his Slim Shady persona but Marshall's Music is a reflection of growing up in Detriot which is an Urban poor city dominated by African Americans and his Music reflects that mainly the aspect of poverty and living in the hood in Detroit
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »

Anything that covers experiences people in Urban enviroments go through like poverty, single parent homes, welfare, gang violance, unemployment, minimum wage etc
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Funny thing is Rick Ross had a decent paying job as a C.O. and attended a very prestigious College and was a Football player too

Rick Ross didn't grow up in a housing project
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ross fans are mainly black and other minorities

he hasnt crossed over to the white folk yet...

maybe if he married a chick like beyonce the media will fall in love with him or if he loses weight and gets some muscle on him or dr dre and em co sign him...

ross is self made
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Every Artist that makes Hip Hip makes Urban black Music since that is what Hip Hop is Urban black Music

What do people in Urban enviroments go through? poverty? what has Eminem story, angle and what he Rapped about early on in his career been? poverty struggling in Detroit on welfare

I guess you missed the tracks like 'If I Had' 'Rock Bottom' '8 Mile Road' 'Lose Yourself' etc

Eminem's Music and i'm talking Marshall Mathers not his Slim Shady persona but Marshall's Music is a reflection of growing up in Detriot which is an Urban poor city dominated by African Americans and his Music reflects that mainly the aspect of poverty and living in the hood in Detroit

Em doesn't get radio play on urban stations for the most part, there's a reason for that. I'm not saying all black ppl are about trap music or even party music. We also love artists like Nas, Rakim, Most Def, Common etc. Its just that I see a white audience finding more common ground with a rapper like Common. I think Ross can cross those cultural lines if he wants but for the most part he doesn't which is why I don't think white ppl support him to the extent that they do some other rappers. I live in Columbia, SC. If I went to five points on a Thursday night(its on USC campus which is about 90% white) I would never hear 9 Piece playing there. If I went to Club Pure on St. Andrews on a Friday night(a black epicenter of Columbia) Ross' music will be played at least 10-15 times in one night. I'm giving PERSONAL experience which is really all any of us can provide to this thread.
  • StillDreaming
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »

Go to your local bodega and buy a pack of white owls and tell me what music you hear playing the background.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Go to your local bodega and buy a pack of white owls and tell me what music you hear playing the background.

See, you trying to be a smartass. I'm trying to gain an understanding from your perspective.
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    if ross was married to beyonce he'd be goin plat
  • H-Rap 180
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Funny thing is Rick Ross had a decent paying job as a C.O. and attended a very prestigious College and was a Football player too

Rick Ross didn't grow up in a housing project

Ricky "The Ruler" Rozay attended a Historically Black College & University called Albany State University were he often returns to do free concerts and Homecomings in addition to generous donations he provides for the educational department.

...I wouldnt go so far as to call Albany State "Prestigious" as you erroneously did..but I am here to correct your mistakes.

No our brother Ricky didnt grow up in a public-housing project, ward or other state-sponsored low-income housing death-trap he grew up in Carol City, Miami a predominently Afrikan-American enclave were the median income was 38,600 annually.

With hard work and dedication he was able to carve out a very successful career in the music industry and at present holds the title of C.E.O. over 10 artists signed to his Maybach Music Group imprint.
This discussion has been closed.