Is Rick Ross the only rapper left that still TRUSTS the black community for support?

Options

Comments

• Rhymesfinest
    Rhymesfinest Members Posts: 1,892 ✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Ricky "The Ruler" Rozay attended a Historically Black College & University called Albany State University were he often returns to do free concerts and Homecomings in addition to generous donations he provides for the educational department.

...I wouldnt go so far as to call Albany State "Prestigious" as you erroneously did..but I am here to correct your mistakes.

No our brother Ricky didnt grow up in a public-housing project, ward or other state-sponsored low-income housing death-trap he grew up in Carol City, Miami a predominently Afrikan-American enclave were the median income was 38,600 annually.

With hard work and dedication he was able to carve out a very successful career in the music industry and at present holds the title of C.E.O. over 10 artists signed to his Maybach Music Group imprint.

Which is all fine but why is that fool StillDreaming claiming Rick Ross is Urban if he isn't from poverty or a lower class enviroment and a typical working class backround?
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Cause "urban" doesn't mean poor you simple minded idiot.

Urban means Inner City and Inner City neighborhoods are poor

Where as Suburbs are wealthy for the most part
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Some inner city neighborhoods are poor and some aren't.

Some suburbs are wealthy and some are poor...I'd hardly call 38K a year for a household anything other than poor.

For some reason you don't seem to understand that poverty can be in a suburb, suburban doesn't mean it's a wealthy place. By the definition of the word "suburb" Carol City would be a suburb, but nobody would actually call it that because of the low income level.

no body checking for jeezy no more, cant even respect his hustle anymore SMH

Kanye West>>>>>>>
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You getting technical

Urban = as close to the Centre of the City aka downtown as possible

Suburb = far from the City Centre

Urban = higher population, high rise projects, commercial buildings, sky scrappers, big businesses

Suburban = small populated, row houses, greenary etc

Most Urban neighborhoods tend to be poorer than Suburbs
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Which is all fine but why is that fool StillDreaming claiming Rick Ross is Urban if he isn't from poverty or a lower class enviroment and a typical working class backround?

What are you talking about?? How is my brother a fool?

Lower-middle class neighborhoods are often sandwiched between lower class neighborhoods were the violence and effects of poverty still effect the inhabitants of the entire city.

Crime and violence in Miami is rampant due to the high level of drug-traffic as a result of its ports and the many immigrants from Latin America, Haiti, and Cuba who left their own homelands to escape criminal prosecution or engage in the lucrative drug game in Florida.

http://www.ca11.uscourts.gov/opinions/ops/200013083.pdf

I think Stilldreaming articulated his point to perfection and many of you still fail to overstand him.
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What are you talking about?? How is brother a fool?

Lower-middle class neighborhoods are often sandwiched between lower class neighborhoods were the violence and effects of poverty still effect the inhabitants of the entire city.

Crime and violence in Miami is rampant due to the high level of drug-traffic as a result of its ports and the many immigrants from Latin America, Haiti, and Cuba who left their own homelands to escape criminal prosecution or engage in the lucrative drug game in Florida.

I think Stilldreaming articulated his point to perfection and many of you still fail to overstand him.

But difference is Eminem grew up around 7 & 8 Mile in Detroit which is a 100% poor lower class and predominantly African American populated and Detroit has been known as the murder capital for such a long time and has come up in the top 3 most dangerous City in America year after year for decades with a very high homicide rate

No inbetween for Eminem or sandwiched neighborhoods he grew up in the ghetto that is known as Murda Mitten
  • H-Rap 180
    edited May 2011
    Options
    But difference is Eminem grew up around 7 & 8 Mile in Detroit which is a 100% poor lower class and predominantly African American populated and Detroit has been known as the murder capital for such a long time and has come up in the top 3 most dangerous City in America year after year for decades with a very high homicide rate

No inbetween for Eminem or sandwiched neighborhoods he grew up in the ghetto that is known as Murda Mitten

I dont know what this has to do about Emenim but Marshall never found it hard to get a job and he didnt have to live in public-housing, the muder-rate in Detroit is due to Black on Black violence not Black on White or White on White so the probablity of Marshall having to worry about being murdered would have been very "slim", no pun intended.

Its sad that with all his popularity and resources Marshall has failed to make a change in his neighborhood and city and decades later its still pitiful and in squalor......I guess he has very little LOVE for the Black people in Detroit who he made the racist-tapes about.
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What are you talking about?? How is my brother a fool?

I'm pretty much content with the fact that Shadyteam is being willfully ignant in this thread.
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I dont know what this has to do about Emenim but Marshall never found it hard to get a job and he didnt have to live in public-housing, the muder-rate in Detroit is due to Black on Black violence not Black on White or White on White so the probablity of Marshall having to worry about being murdered would have been very "slim", no pun intended.

Its sad that with all his popularity and resources Marshall has failed to make a change in his neighborhood and city and decades later its still pitiful and in squalor......I guess he has very little LOVE for the Black people in Detroit who he made the racist-tapes about.

Just proves how little you know

And Eminem grew up in Section 8 public housing systems

You also missed the countless times Eminem spoke about having gun's pulled on him and being discriminated againist as a teenager cos he was the only white dude in his hood

What do you think Eminem's job was before Music? he washed dishes as a living to feed his daughter surviving on minimum wage

What do you think Eminem's mothers job was? she didn't have a job she was unempolyed and lived on welfare

Where do you think Eminem's father was? he didn't have a father he walked out on his son and Eminem's mother when he was a couple months born

Who do you think took Eminem in when he was homeless? Proofs mother

And you claim the chances of him having to worry about being murdered were slim right? so explain why he got shot at when he was a teenager and his mother spoke about this herself
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Spin: From listening to your album, you get the impression that your childhood was pretty much a living hell. What was it really like?

Eminem: I was born in Kansas City, and my dad left when I was five or six months old. Then when I was five we moved to a real bad part of Detroit. I was getting beat up a lot, so we moved back to K.C., then back to Detroit again when I was 11. My mother couldn't afford to raise me, but then she had my little brother, so when we moved back to Michigan, we were just staying wherever we could, with my grandmother or whatever family would put us up. I know my mother tried to do the best she could, but I was bounced around so much-it seemed like we moved every two or three months. I'd go to, like, six different schools in one year. We were on welfare, and my mom never ever worked. I'm not trying to give some sob story, like, "Oh, I've been broke all my life," but people who know me know it's true. There were times when friends had to buy me *censored*in' shoes! I was poor white trash, no glitter, no glamour, but I'm not ashamed of anything.

Spin: These were mostly African-American neighborhoods where you grew up?

Eminem: Yeah, near 8 Mile Road in Detroit, which separates the suburbs from the city. Almost all the blacks are on one side, and almost all the whites are on the other, but all the families nearby are low-income. We lived on the black side. Most of the time it was relatively cool, but I would get beat up sometimes when I'd walk around the neighborhood and kids didn't know me. One day I got jumped by, like, six dudes for no reason. I also got shot at, and ended up running out of my shoes, crying. I was 15 years old and I didn't know how to handle that ? .

Spin: Were most of your friends black?

Eminem: When you're a little kid, you don't see color, and the fact that my friends were black never crossed my mind. It never became an issue until I was a teenager and started trying to rap. Then I'd notice that a lot of mother*censored*ers always had my back, but somebody always had to say to them, "Why you have to stick up for the white boy?"

Spin: When did you first get into hip-hop?

Eminem: The first hip-hop ? I ever heard was that song "Reckless" from the Breakin' soundtrack; my cousin played me the tape when I was, like, nine. There was this mixed school I went to in fifth grade, one with lots of Asian and black kids and everybody was into break dancing. They always had the latest rap tapes-the Fat Boys, L.L. Cool J's Radio-and I thought it was the most incredible ? I'd ever heard.

Spin: What'd you think when you first heard the Beastie Boys?

Eminem: That's what really did it for me. I was like, "This ? is so dope!" That's when I decided I wanted to rap. I'd hang out on the corner where kids would be rhyming, and when I tried to get in there, I'd get dissed. A little color issue developed, and as I got old enough to hit the clubs, it got really bad. I wasn't that dope yet, but I knew I could rhyme, so I'd get on the open mics and ? , and a couple of times I was booed off the stage.

Spin: Your single ("My Name Is") is getting played on both Modern Rock and Urban radio. Are you surprised at how quickly you're being accepted?

Eminem: Thing is, I'm not really a commercial rapper. My whole market, my whole steez, is through the underground; if those hip-hop heads love it, I'll rise above. It's like, you hardly ever hear a Wu-Tang song on the radio, but they rose from the underground on word of mouth.

Spin: Has being white really affected the way you see yourself as a rapper?

Eminem: In the beginning, the majority of my shows were for all-black crowds, and people would always say, "You're dope for a white boy," and I'd take it as a compliment. Then, as I got older, I started to think, "What the *censored* does that mean?" Nobody asks to be born, nobody has a choice of what color they'll be, or whether they'll be fat, skinny, anything. I had to work up to a certain level before people would even look past my color; a lot of mother*censored*ers would just sit with their arms folded and be like, "All right, what is this?" But as time went on, I started to get respect. The best thing a mother*censored*er ever said about me was after an open mic in Detroit about five years ago. He was like, "I don't give a *censored* if he's green, I don't give a *censored* if he's orange, this mother*censored*er is dope!" Nobody has the right to tell me what kind of music to listen to or how to dress or how to act or how to talk; if people want to make jokes, well *censored* 'em. I lived this ? , you know what I'm sayin'? And if you hear an Eminem record, you're gonna know the minute that it comes on that this ain't no fluke.

Spin: Did you ever come close to quitting?

Eminem: About three or so years ago, not that long after my daughter Hailie Jade Scott was born. I was staying in this house on 7 Mile Road, and little kids used to walk down the street going, "Look at the white baby!" Everything was "white this, white that." We'd be sitting on our porch, and if you were real quiet, you'd hear, "Mumble, mumble, white, mumble, mumble, white." Then I caught some dude breaking into my house for, like, the fifth time, and I was like, "Yo, *censored* this! It's not worth it. I'm outta here." That day, I wanted to quit rap and get a house in the *censored*ing suburbs. I was arguing with my girl, like, "Can't you see they don't want us here?" I went through so many changes; I actually stopped writing for about five or six months and I was about to give everything up. I just couldn't, though. I'd keep going to the clubs and taking the abuse. But I'd come home and put a fist through the wall. If you listen to a Slim Shady record, you're going to hear all that frustration coming out.

Spin: Could you see why some black people might be not be so enthusiastic about a white kid trying to be a rapper?

Eminem: Yeah, I did see where the people dissing me were coming from. But, it's like, anything that happened in the past between black and white, I can't really speak on it, because I wasn't there. I don't feel like me being born the color I am makes me any less of a person.

Spin: Did you ever wish you were black?

Eminem: There was a while when I was feeling like, "Damn, if I'd just been born black, I would not have to go through all this ? ." But I'm not ignorant-I know how it must be when a black person goes to get a regular job in society. Music, in general, is supposed to be universal; people can listen to whatever they want and get something out of it. Personally, I just think rap music is the best thing out there, period. If you look at my deck in my car radio, you're always going to find a hip-hop tape; that's all I buy, that's all I live, that's all I listen to, that's all I love.

Spin: How do you feel about other white rap fans?

Eminem: Say there's a white kid who lives in a nice home, goes to an all-white school, and is pretty much having everything handed to him on a platter-for him to pick up a rap tape is incredible to me, because what that's saying is that he's living a fantasy life of rebellion. He wants to be hard; he wants to smack mother*censored*ers for no reason except that the world is *censored*ed-up; he doesn't know what to rebel against. Kids like that are just fascinated by the culture. They hear songs about people going through hard times and want to know what that feels like. But the same thing goes for a black person who lived in the suburbs and was catered to all his life: Tupac is a fantasy for him, too.

Spin: Should suburban white kids, who don't have any firsthand experience of the way black people live, really be identifying so closely with hip-hop?

Eminem: Well, whether a white kid goes through as much ? as I did, or didn't go through any trouble at all, if they love the music, who's to tell them what they should be listening to? Let's say I'm a white 16-year-old and I stand in front of the mirror and lip-synch every day like I'm Krayzie Bone-who's to say that because I'm a certain color I shouldn't be doing that? And if I've got a right to buy his music and make him rich, who's to say that I then don't have the right to rap myself?

Spin: Do you think that hip-hop culture can open up their minds at all?

Eminem: I don't know, man. Sometimes I feel like rap music is almost the key to stopping racism. If anything is at least going to lessen it, it's gonna be rap. I would love it if, even for one day, you could walk through a neighborhood and see an Asian guy sitting on his stoop, then you look across the street and see a black guy and a white guy sitting on their porches, and a Mexican dude walking by. If we could truly be multicultural, racism could be so past the point of anybody giving a *censored*; but I don't think you or me are going to see it in our lifetimes.

Spin: What do you think will happen if your album blows up and becomes a huge hit?

Eminem: I imagine I'll go through a lot of this same racial ? , but that'll just make my second album better-because I'll have even more to rap about.

http://www.eminemlab.com/emineminterviews/emineminterview14.html

There you go H Rap 1 of the first Eminem interviews he did talking about his child hood experiences in Detroit and exactly what kinda harsh realities he went through growing up in Murda Mitten
  • ratchet bity
    ratchet bity Members Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yall ever heard of this rapper from new Orleans BG heard he keep it gangsta
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Spin: How do you feel about other white rap fans?

Eminem: Say there's a white kid who lives in a nice home, goes to an all-white school, and is pretty much having everything handed to him on a platter-for him to pick up a rap tape is incredible to me, because what that's saying is that he's living a fantasy life of rebellion. He wants to be hard; he wants to smack mother*censored*ers for no reason except that the world is *censored*ed-up; he doesn't know what to rebel against. Kids like that are just fascinated by the culture. They hear songs about people going through hard times and want to know what that feels like. But the same thing goes for a black person who lived in the suburbs and was catered to all his life: Tupac is a fantasy for him, too.

And there you go StillDreaming Eminem said in 1999 what i done been trying to break down for you in this thread
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Spin: From listening to your album, you get the impression that your childhood was pretty much a living hell. What was it really like?

Eminem: I was born in Kansas City, and my dad left when I was five or six months old. Then when I was five we moved to a real bad part of Detroit. I was getting beat up a lot, so we moved back to K.C., then back to Detroit again when I was 11. My mother couldn't afford to raise me, but then she had my little brother, so when we moved back to Michigan, we were just staying wherever we could, with my grandmother or whatever family would put us up. I know my mother tried to do the best she could, but I was bounced around so much-it seemed like we moved every two or three months. I'd go to, like, six different schools in one year. We were on welfare, and my mom never ever worked. I'm not trying to give some sob story, like, "Oh, I've been broke all my life," but people who know me know it's true. There were times when friends had to buy me *censored*in' shoes! I was poor white trash, no glitter, no glamour, but I'm not ashamed of anything.

Spin: These were mostly African-American neighborhoods where you grew up?

Eminem: Yeah, near 8 Mile Road in Detroit, which separates the suburbs from the city. Almost all the blacks are on one side, and almost all the whites are on the other, but all the families nearby are low-income. We lived on the black side. Most of the time it was relatively cool, but I would get beat up sometimes when I'd walk around the neighborhood and kids didn't know me. One day I got jumped by, like, six dudes for no reason. I also got shot at, and ended up running out of my shoes, crying. I was 15 years old and I didn't know how to handle that ? .

There you go H Rap the main parts of that interview where he breaks down growing up in Detroit and what he went through
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    last night i had a dream

sir rozay spoke to me and said he was gonna save the black babies

he said he was gonna lift up the downtrodden and get them in HBCU's and invest in the community

sir rozay told me that justice was comin and the sweet taste of success of would fall on the tongues of the have-nots

sir rozay sang to me an old ? spiritual that caused me to cry in my sleep

then i woke

and knew that i must go to the internet and retrieve my brothers of the same struggle so we could enact sir rozay's master plan

wheels are in motion and the afrikan online movement to take back yt's control of hiphop and various premier clothing lines and low-budget studios will be halted

rejoice my people
  • H-Rap 180
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm pretty much content with the fact that Shadyteam is being willfully ignant in this thread.

Yeah Im not going to allow her to derail a DIAMOND thread thats going into the Forum of Fame.

Rozay is on a crazy winning streak, I heard French Montana is trying to sign with Maybach music and Rozay is doing the biggest concert of the summer at Summerjam with Wayne, Drake, Wiz Khalifah, Chris Brown and alot of surprise performers and unanounced guests....

I still wonder what song Rozay will use this Saturday when he leads Manny Pacquiao into the ring to fight Sugar Shane Mosley.

Im really pleased that Rick Rozay TRUSTS the black community enough to give us unfiltered and undiluted music to enjoy this summer while we play, party, and parlay.
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options

Theres another Video H Rap of Eminem going back to his child hood home in Detroit
  • ratchet bity
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Mayweather>>pacquiao
  • H-Rap 180
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yeah Im not going to allow her to derail a DIAMOND thread thats going into the Forum of Fame.

Rozay is on a crazy winning streak, I heard French Montana is trying to sign with Maybach music and Rozay is doing the biggest concert of the summer at Summerjam with Wayne, Drake, Wiz Khalifah, Chris Brown and alot of surprise performers and unanounced guests....

I still wonder what song Rozay will use this Saturday when he leads Manny Pacquiao into the ring to fight Sugar Shane Mosley.

Im really pleased that Rick Rozay TRUSTS the black community enough to give us unfiltered and undiluted music to enjoy this summer while we play, party, and parlay.

257454732.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304646901&Signature=lwJ3Z27LjK724QieYxACQTHQGqQ%3D

@SHADYTEAM, you can delete those posts and send them to my P.M. or else it looks kinda obvious that you are trying to derail this thread with Spam like a G-Unit Troll.
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Mayweather>>pacquiao

dont resort to tricks of the black devils tryin to derail a thread of value and purpose

sir rozay has a master plan for us all

you too can find your way to a HBCU with his guidance

ill pray for you my brother
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options
    just like i expected the coward H Rap runs like Micheal Johnson at the Olympics when skooled and presented with facts

Is what it is
  • Rhymesfinest
    edited May 2011
    Options
    same goes for that coward StillDreaming runs when hit with facts
  • ratchet bity
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Jeff van gundy listens to Rick Ross
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ross doesnt need or depend on the white community to sell records

he goes gold without compromising the quality of his music
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Shadyteam stop spamming this thread up with Em ? . I'm sorry that your definition of "urban" means poor. Or that you feel blacks should relate to Em just because he was "impoverished". Just get it through your thick skull that no matter what Em does there will always be a demographic of listeners who just wont give a ? ........same with Ross. At this point I've made my case EXTREMELY clear on what I'm trying to say. If you still don't get it then there is nothing more I can tell you. As the years pass I want you to remember the interaction I had with you in this thread, hopefully the knowledge I've kicked to you will soak in and you'll appreciate the perspective I've made you aware of. Hopefully Ross' next album lives up to the premise of this thread.

SELF MADE

MAYBACH 24TH 2011

BAWSE
  • ratchet bity
    edited May 2011
    Options
    dont resort to tricks of the black devils tryin to derail a thread of value and purpose

sir rozay has a master plan for us all

you too can find your way to a HBCU with his guidance

ill pray for you my brother

I went to southern home boy when it comes to hbcu its southern grambling n everybody else where u went?
This discussion has been closed.