The Official 2010 NFL Draft Talk thread

Options

Comments

• msuman
    msuman Confirm Email Posts: 450
    edited February 2010
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    CJ Spiller is going to do what people thought Bush would do in NFL.

Another great one from FL. FL is cranking out the RBs...Gore, Portis, Fred Taylor, Chris Johnson, W.Mcgahee, Kevin Smith, CJ Spiller...is Edgerrin still in the league?

My picks:

Best RB - CJ Spiller
    Best CB - Joe Haden
    Best DT- Suh
    Best DE - Pierre (USF) or Dunlap (UF)
    Best WR - dude from Okie St
    Best S - Eric Berry
    Best LB - R.Mcclain
    Best QB - not sure

Clemson RB C.J. Spiller was officially timed at 4.37 in the forty-yard dash at the Scouting Combine Sunday.
    Homerun hitter. Spiller was timed, unofficially, as fast as 4.27 and may have locked up a top-20 grade. The fourth-year senior had 31 carries of 10+ yards in 2009 and eight receptions for 20 yards or more, while also contributing a whopping five TDs on returns. Evaluators are concerned about Spiller's durability at 6'0/196, but he was never injured in college. Built similarly, Chris Johnson and Jamaal Charles' NFL success helps Spiller's cause.
  • msuman
    edited February 2010
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    CJ Spiller is going to do what people thought Bush would do in NFL.

Another great one from FL. FL is cranking out the RBs...Gore, Portis, Fred Taylor, Chris Johnson, W.Mcgahee, Kevin Smith, CJ Spiller...is Edgerrin still in the league?

My picks:

Best RB - CJ Spiller
    Best CB - Joe Haden
    Best DT- Suh
    Best DE - Pierre (USF) or Dunlap (UF)
    Best WR - dude from Okie St
    Best S - Eric Berry
    Best LB - R.Mcclain
    Best QB - not sure

I agree with your list except for LB i got to go with Sergio Kindle from Texas as best LB.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    msuman wrote: »
    Clemson RB C.J. Spiller was officially timed at 4.37 in the forty-yard dash at the Scouting Combine Sunday.
    Homerun hitter. Spiller was timed, unofficially, as fast as 4.27 and may have locked up a top-20 grade. The fourth-year senior had 31 carries of 10+ yards in 2009 and eight receptions for 20 yards or more, while also contributing a whopping five TDs on returns. Evaluators are concerned about Spiller's durability at 6'0/196, but he was never injured in college. Built similarly, Chris Johnson and Jamaal Charles' NFL success helps Spiller's cause.

Jahvid Best ran a 4.35 in the 40. He is probably the only RB that will be taken in the 1st round. Still think Spiller is faster though.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Jahvid Best ran a 4.35 in the 40. He is probably the only RB that will be taken in the 1st round. Still think Spiller is faster though.

idk, he had those concussion problems. teams in the first round may be scared off by that. spiller is legit though

my ? micah johnson ? up. ? ran a 4.99 40 yard dash as a linebacker! smh
  • ef cuttin2.0
    ef cuttin2.0 Members Posts: 252
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Taylor Mays just became a Raider with the 4.24 40 time... Al Davis already gettin his chain made....
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Joe Hayden ran a 4.6 40... he may drop
  • Dick Shitman
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Taylor Mays just became a Raider with the 4.24 40 time... Al Davis already gettin his chain made....

4.24? All i see is he ran a 4.34

Still thats crazy for a guy his size. As long as the bengals dont take mays, i dont care where he goes. Pete Carroll may nab him
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yea I saw Mays ran a 4.24 earlier. That 4.2 never translates in game speed tho. he cant start and stop and accelerate that quickly so he struggles in pass coverage. just make him into a beast of a linebacker or he will a Roy Williams type safety
  • txboi_09
    txboi_09 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Haden may drop out of the top ten. Eric Berry lit it up today and Taylor Mays got screwed how you go from a 4.24 unofficial to a 4.43 official. I heard he even beat trinton Halliday from LSU who ran a 4.34 when they did that side by side thing they do. Either way dude is just too stiff and plays much slower than ran today. On another note Earl Thomas showed put up some good numbers as well. Right now it looks like Eric Berry is the best DB followed by Earl Thomas who can play both corner or safety followed by Haden. I was hoping the niners would draft Trent williams at Thirteen and Earl Thomas at seventeen but I dont think Williams makes it out of the top ten now.
  • msuman
    edited March 2010
    Options

Spiller > Best
  • msuman
    edited March 2010
    Options
    txboi_09 wrote: »
    Haden may drop out of the top ten. Eric Berry lit it up today and Taylor Mays got screwed how you go from a 4.24 unofficial to a 4.43 official. I heard he even beat trinton Halliday from LSU who ran a 4.34 when they did that side by side thing they do. Either way dude is just too stiff and plays much slower than ran today. On another note Earl Thomas showed put up some good numbers as well. Right now it looks like Eric Berry is the best DB followed by Earl Thomas who can play both corner or safety followed by Haden. I was hoping the niners would draft Trent williams at Thirteen and Earl Thomas at seventeen but I dont think Williams makes it out of the top ten now.

The 9er's can get Thomas at 13 and another OT at 17.
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Haden will probably drop, Berry and Mays had good performances and Thomas too
  • Dick Shitman
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the guys who didnt do well still have a pro day to redeem themselves. if haden gets down to 4.4, his stock will bounce back
  • toheeb27
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Are these ? for real? All of a sudden Hayden cant play, man these talking Heads ? me off.
  • toheeb27
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What do u guys think of Ryan Matthews? A few mocks have him been the 2nd RB taken in the draft. Some have him going to my Texans.
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Are these ? for real? All of a sudden Hayden cant play, man these talking Heads ? me off.

C/S

A lot of people are saying his 40 hurt him, but I dont think it hurt him that much. I still think he will be the first or second CB takin. Plus he has his pro day to fix his 40 time.
  • msuman
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What do u guys think of Ryan Matthews? A few mocks have him been the 2nd RB taken in the draft. Some have him going to my Texans.

I think he is slept on...hoping my Skins can get him in the 2nd after they trade down from the #4 pick.
  • toheeb27
    edited March 2010
    Options
    msuman wrote: »
    I think he is slept on...hoping my Skins can get him in the 2nd after they trade down from the #4 pick.

Just watched about 6 youtube vids of him, great combination of Speed and Power. But those clips are not enough, too bad i was able to see any of his games this season. Missed alot of PAC-10 games.
  • msuman
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Just watched about 6 youtube vids of him, great combination of Speed and Power. But those clips are not enough, too bad i was able to see any of his games this season. Missed alot of PAC-10 games.

Kiper has him as the 4th RB after Spiller, Best, and McCluster.
  • toheeb27
    edited March 2010
    Options
    From the Twitter page of Palm Beach Post writer Edgar Thompson:

Gators QB Tim Tebow scored a 22 on his Wonderlic, Jimmy Clausen 23, Colt McCoy 25 and Sam Bradford 36 out of 50, per NFL source.

Damn, a low Wonderlic score is not what Tebow needed right now. Those are some low low scores for the QBs. Props to Bradford though, dude is sealing his 1st pick status.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Damn, a low Wonderlic score is not what Tebow needed right now. Those are some low low scores for the QBs. Props to Bradford though, dude is sealing his 1st pick status.

Even though Im sick of all his dickriders to be fair Tebow was home schooled so it might have factored in.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Even though Im sick of all his dickriders to be fair Tebow was home schooled so it might have factored in.

marino scored a 15 on his, alex smith 40, leinart 35 who's the best qb out of that group

that test don't mean ? , tebow will be a career back-up if he's lucky
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I dont really pay much attention to the Wonderlic Test cause I think its BS, but if Tebow had scored high on that test they would be ridin his ? hard.
  • toheeb27
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Florida cornerback Joe Haden was clocked in the 4.45 to 4.48 range in the 40-yard dash Wednesday, scouts at Florida's pro day told NFLDraftScout.com. That came after saying last week that his goal was to post a number in the 4.3s.

Haden's 40 time was the second-most watched event at Florida's pro day behind quarterback Tim Tebow's throwing motion. After posting a best clocked time of 4.52 seconds at the scouting combine, Haden's draft stock took a significant hit, with most draft analysts moving him down several spots in the first round.

Some may believe Wednesday's improved number is automatically a ticket back into the top 10 -- he was the No. 9 overall prospect by NFLDraftScout.com before Wednesday's workout -- but teams know that most prospects improve their 40 time when in the more relaxed home campus setting.

Dude is not helping himself at all. I still think he is the best CB in the draft.
  • toheeb27
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yep, Sam Bradford wowed in his pro day, Should definitely be a lock for number 1 now.