P90x

Options

Comments

• 100%Sagittarius
    100%Sagittarius Members Posts: 478
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If you mix whey protein powder with juice, or like make a smoothie with the protein and fruit, isn't that the same carb + protein + glucose ratio?
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Question:

When do ya'll do the ab ripper x in regards to the p90 work out you do that day...i.e. Do you do it after the work out or say in the morning the day you are scheduled to do it...etc.etc.

You need to get the documentation that comes with the DVDs... it gives you 3 different regimens to choose from.
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Question:

When do ya'll do the ab ripper x in regards to the p90 work out you do that day...i.e. Do you do it after the work out or say in the morning the day you are scheduled to do it...etc.etc.

im on p90x and i do it right after my workout. you're already warmed up and stretched so you can go right into it
  • knivez
    knivez Members Posts: 57
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ive messed with P90x on and off since late last year. I basically broke away from the suggested workout routine and made my own thing.

I skip the yoga and i mix in half of kenpo X and most of Plyo for my non resistance day workout. Partly because toward latter part of both workouts there are exercises that i don't really care for.

I usually don't have time for ab ripper x after a resistance workout so i do it before bed on that day.

as far as recovery, i take whey protein followed by breakfast(morning) and/or dinner(evening). That way i meet all my nutritional needs besides the protein for a good recovery. I also have a drink for glucose and amino acids i sip on throughout my p90x workout.

The diet is really important as well. if you're trying to lose some weight reducing your calories is essential. You need to find out your stats ie, lean body mass, caloric intake based on your current weight, etc. Once you know this, reducing your calories becomes much easier. I've been told that technically you can eat what you want so long as you reduce your calories, maintain enough protein, and do your work out at least 3 times a week and still see positive results but i tend to eat leaner stuff so i don't know how true that is.
  • beezy f baby
    beezy f baby Members Posts: 4,909 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    still going not much longer to go owwwww
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    still going not much longer to go owwwww

U need to go head and drop some pics. I know you looking right.......:cool::p
  • beezy f baby
    edited March 2010
    Options
    That I am, that I am
  • beezy f baby
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ^^^ yay you started it!
  • beezy f baby
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yes ma'am I like it so far :)

Just need to get on a diet that's right for me too...hopefully this will get me in shape to where I can start doing baseball again...tis my ultimate goal

oh it WILL get you in shape
    no pain no gain

i'm really not feeling p90 today i need some motivation but bout to get on it!
  • beezy f baby
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i'm done

i just did cardio today

i'm tired

i'm gonna miss a few days cuz i'm gonna be in salt lake city covering the ncaa tourney i shoulda did it big tonight but i didn't feel like it

good luck!
  • Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im sorry guys, and im not hater, but this p90x is weak to to me. im almost 30 days in, and yeah, i see results, but its not challenging enough. its too much talking and im barely bussin a sweat. (yes i am prior service). just to get a good satisfaction, im doing 5 miles on the exercise bike, about 100 push ups and 100 curls (a hour of pre workout), then i pop in a dvd.

i dont know. i thought it would be tougher.

but it has showed me new ways to do push-ups and curls with free weights.

its cool. just aint as BOUT IT as some are making it seem.

keep it real. this hiphop right. lol
  • BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I know I'm mad late, but instead of P90X, I have started insanity. The very first day I started, I was going to pass out. My problem is my asthma. I have tried not taking it and taking it before my workouts, but I seem to have a harder time breathing when I take it. I am not giving up because I am seeing results and I am losing weight.
  • knivez
    knivez Members Posts: 57
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im sorry guys, and im not hater, but this p90x is weak to to me. im almost 30 days in, and yeah, i see results, but its not challenging enough. its too much talking and im barely bussin a sweat. (yes i am prior service). just to get a good satisfaction, im doing 5 miles on the exercise bike, about 100 push ups and 100 curls (a hour of pre workout), then i pop in a dvd.

i dont know. i thought it would be tougher.

but it has showed me new ways to do push-ups and curls with free weights.

its cool. just aint as BOUT IT as some are making it seem.

keep it real. this hiphop right. lol

Up your weight or your reps. you should be struggling at the end of every step and sweating bullets by the middle of the workout. if you're not then you're most likely not "bringing it". pause you'll be a lot more challenged by "insanity" tho. try that instead if you're not feeling p90x
  • takesithard1
    takesithard1 Members Posts: 134
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I wanna start this hope it works for me
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • beezy f baby
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Completed. Never felt better
  • longmeat
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm on injured reserves for a month :(
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • takesithard1
    takesithard1 Members Posts: 134
    edited May 2010
    Options
    do you really need those supplements and protein shake?
  • Wishbone Jones
    Wishbone Jones Members Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i got it but havent started it
    i jus recently got bak into the gym n tryna lose weight n be lean

wat sould i do with da p90x n tha gym
  • longmeat
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Off injured reserves, back on the grind. Did chest and back and ab ripper x. Drank my chocolate soy milk and I'm not sore AT ALL. That recovery drink is no joke. Almost threw up but held it down. I'm trying to go the whole 90 without missing a day. Also I learned how to finally breathe properly, makes the workout a lot easier, and gives me a lot more stamina. The before/after is gonna be ? epic!
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yo I just did the Yoga joint. Sick! I am sore and I didnt even do the whole joint yet. Legs and something else tomorrow. Doing with my whole command so you know we looking crazy!
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Go to youtube and search for p90x results.
  • longmeat
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Man, I seen some results the other day that made me proud to be doing p90x. Went to this ? crib, ? jumped off, so I grabbed her, she wrapped herself around my waist, carried her ass up a flight of steps, and threw her ass across the room and on the bed without even raising my heart rate.

THANK YOU TONY!!!
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    longmeat wrote: »
    Man, I seen some results the other day that made me proud to be doing p90x. Went to this ? crib, ? jumped off, so I grabbed her, she wrapped herself around my waist, carried her ass up a flight of steps, and threw her ass across the room and on the bed without even raising my heart rate.

THANK YOU TONY!!!

LOL! You need to really tape that and put it Youtube. Not the act but your confessional!