P90x

Options

Comments

• major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2010
    Options
    spit_fiya wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I want to start P90X because i'm already small nh.....i've seen all of the results but i dont want to lose another pound...does this still work for the skinny mofos? What can I do to make sure I dont turn into an in shape toothpick?

You will definitely lean up on p90x, its a lot of cardio. Maybe if you stuck to the resistance training they offer and do your own cardio.
  • daking1
    daking1 Members Posts: 81
    edited October 2010
    Options
    how many of yall actually finished....i got mine amped to get started monday............
  • daking1
    edited October 2010
    Options
    actually started today.....always been an athlete...but this really pushes...did chest and back....and ab ripper x.......i did finish each one but couldnt do everything 100 percent the tee......ate good. did the workouts.....1 day at time....
  • akforty7
    akforty7 Members Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I really want to start this cuz I am hearing amazing things from everyone. I didn't read through the entire thread so forgive me but I have a few questions...

1) What is really needed equipment wise? My goal is to tone up and be healthy, so I don't know if I need weights or the pull up bar honestly, maybe just the bands.

2) Is there different workouts for males and females? Not sure exactly how it works.

3) You have to do this every single day for 90 days or is there some type of rest day?

Thanks in advance.
  • TX5GIN
    TX5GIN Members Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I want to try that p90x. Its looks like its no joke.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Just read this whole thread and I wanna try this out. I was already planning on canceling my gym membership so I'll give this a go. If things go well, I'll be lookin right for the new year. :D
  • D-Marco
    D-Marco Members Posts: 4,308 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    akforty7 wrote: »
    I really want to start this cuz I am hearing amazing things from everyone. I didn't read through the entire thread so forgive me but I have a few questions...

1) What is really needed equipment wise? My goal is to tone up and be healthy, so I don't know if I need weights or the pull up bar honestly, maybe just the bands.
    All u need is freeweight dumbbells and the bands. If u cant do a pull up, u can just attach the bands to something

2) Is there different workouts for males and females? Not sure exactly how it works.
    No different workout perse...just a modified version of the same workout. ie ifu cant do a pushup...u can do them from ur knees

3) You have to do this every single day for 90 days or is there some type of rest day?
    Not everyday...there are rest days. Im in week 1 so its a difft body part each day, mixed with a yoga day and one day off
    Thanks in advance.

Hope this helps
  • The LouisiAnimal
    The LouisiAnimal Members Posts: 98
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Completed mine about 3 weeks, I plateaued after a month but still continued. I'm disappointed with my results even though I lost around 25 lbs and my stamina is incredible. I'm starting another round htis week, hopefully I achieve my goals this time.
  • daking1
    edited October 2010
    Options
    just fifnished day two......chest and back was easy compared to the plyometrics today......half way through i was like " for what"...but i stuck it through till the end....good stuff......one day at a time
  • akforty7
    edited October 2010
    Options
    D-Marco wrote: »
    Hope this helps

Thanks. I was havin trouble downloading from piratebay but I will try again. I'm really excited about this! :)
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

Thanks in advance.

i was doing the insanity joint (made by the same company)...almost the same thing as p90x but you don't need weights or any other equipment...you just have to follow the nutrition guidelines and do the disc; but i'm telling you have to be in some type of shape to do the exercises and can't just jump into thinking you will be able to keep up....i was doing it for a month and a half and lost 15 pounds
  • akforty7
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i was doing the insanity joint (made by the same company)...almost the same thing as p90x but you don't need weights or any other equipment...you just have to follow the nutrition guidelines and do the disc; but i'm telling you have to be in some type of shape to do the exercises and can't just jump into thinking you will be able to keep up....i was doing it for a month and a half and lost 15 pounds
    I heard Insanity is not as good as P90x tho from a lot of people. And yeah you do need to be in shape to do it and keep up with it but I have heard that anyone can at least try their best at it until they can follow it completely. How often do you do Insanity and are you following the nutrition plan?
  • dc's teflondon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I heard Insanity is not as good as P90x tho from a lot of people. And yeah you do need to be in shape to do it and keep up with it but I have heard that anyone can at least try their best at it until they can follow it completely. How often do you do Insanity and are you following the nutrition plan?

i was doing it for a month and followed the nutrition plan....i started the month at 233 and at the end of the month i was 220...since i been studying for this exam i haven't been doing; but after the 29th i'm going to get back into it
  • akforty7
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i was doing it for a month and followed the nutrition plan....i started the month at 233 and at the end of the month i was 220...since i been studying for this exam i haven't been doing; but after the 29th i'm going to get back into it
    Oh okay but when you do this, are you doing this every day or how frequently?
  • dc's teflondon
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Oh okay but when you do this, are you doing this every day or how frequently?

when i get back into it i'm going to try to do it at least 4 times a week and on the other days just do some physical activity like play basketball or just go running through the park; but i'll stick to the nutritional plan everyday
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    daking1 wrote: »
    just fifnished day two......chest and back was easy compared to the plyometrics today......half way through i was like " for what"...but i stuck it through till the end....good stuff......one day at a time

I still can't get through the whole plyo routine. That ? kills my quads during the warm up and it doesn't let up at all.
  • daking1
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I still can't get through the whole plyo routine. That ? kills my quads during the warm up and it doesn't let up at all.

yea fam its killer..my body still hurt from dat ? .....but i guess its for a good reason.....i hope i need to see results.....the weight lifting is easy compared to that type of stuff lol
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Thanks. I was havin trouble downloading from piratebay but I will try again. I'm really excited about this! :)

have fun but dont lose DAT ASS
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ok so i got the complete set but i dont know where to start......i used to do the ab ripperX but that ? was tough and got boring....can someone recommend a workout plan with the set?
  • daking1
    edited October 2010
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    ok so i got the complete set but i dont know where to start......i used to do the ab ripperX but that ? was tough and got boring....can someone recommend a workout plan with the set?

i do the ab ripper...but that ? is hard as ? .....i do the majority of it.....i guess some is better than none...so hopefully in a few i will be able to do the whole thing..
  • Sovo_Nah
    Sovo_Nah Members Posts: 2,216 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    one thing that the program never mentions is, you need 2 20lb barbells and 2 40's.
  • akforty7
    edited October 2010
    Options
    have fun but dont lose DAT ASS

:( I hope I don't. Squats FTW
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

Where did you get it from... there is a calendar for the 3 different plans that come with it.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Where did you get it from... there is a calendar for the 3 different plans that come with it.

my homeboy burned it onto dvd's for me......can you post a link to the calander?
  • Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    my homeboy burned it onto dvd's for me......can you post a link to the calander?

i jus started this week...im doin the lean 1 and man this ? KILLS but hell im already seeing results after a few days and i feel great. cant wait to c what i look like after the 90days

oh and i found a link to the calendars

http://www.scribd.com/doc/9765542/P90X-Calendar-Alternate