NAS "Life Is Good" (Official discussion thread) Release date 07/17/12

Options

Comments

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when did welcome to the jungle and why i love you become wack songs? .... i mean i can understand questioning lift off and thats my ? ...but those first two? damn...
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Anybody get an uneasy feeling when anonymous-avatars use the N-Word?

Thank the Lawd for them exposures so we know were them opinions come from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcPHNC8_d-o&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Welcome to the Jungle was dope though...at least imo. A Queens Story is my ? right now
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Anybody get an uneasy feeling when anonymous-avatars use the N-Word?

Thank the Lawd for them exposures so we know were them opinions come from.
    Who? I see 3 posters dropped the N-word on this page. 2 have been posting for a while (cole and jd) the other one (YoungChamp) only said it when referring to the song title.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    again....if you dislike the album so much why you keep comin back to the ? album thread for 2 ? days now. gtfoh and go wave your glow sticks to some WTT.
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    uolag wrote: »
    Twerk Team should make a video to Summer On Smash.

No offense bruh...but it's highly unlikely that they will.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mrSuperGangster ‏@mrSuperGangster
    @DJJBUTTAH MY BROTHER FROM MY ANOTHER MOTHER!!!! DEATHROWZORROW!! HOLLA!
    you delete all your tweets except for that one? lmao

buttuh_b wrote: »
    DJBUTUH is that you on twitter?

Nah my twitter is just Twitter.com/Buttuh. Follow me on there and we'll get this movement movin baby. Life is good.
    oh damn. you're followed by scarface? how'd you get that done? lol

I've said a couple times on here, not to beat a dead horse like Yeah I Rap does with the TDE ? , but me and Face have been friends for a while now. I'm supposed to son him on the golf course next time I come to H-Town.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Agrv2385 wrote: »
    again....if you cant mentally handle the negative responses to the album so much....... why you keep responding to those who post them for 2 ? days now? gtfoh and go wave your chipped tooth necklaces to some Nastradamus.

fixed.

cos it aint a ? nas cape-a-thon thread? .........................or is it?

lol ..... at the cats who cant handle a couple of differing opinions ..... thats a shame ....
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

No offense bruh...but it's highly unlikely that they will.

at least it would give me a reason to listen to that ? .....
  • YoungChamp
    YoungChamp Members Posts: 298 ✭✭
    Options
    This is a wonderful discussion for Hip-Hop, People have different views which makes the conversations interesting. Cats who get in their feeling are hilarious. As Long as u appreciate Good HipHop your opinion is needed.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no we can handle opinions were just tired of hearin yall ? about how much u think it sucks or why we shouldnt like it. then get out the thread. listen to something else. if i dont like somethin i dont waste my time or energy on it. i dont sit around tryin to tell everybody why they shouldnt like it either.
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    mrSuperGangster ‏@mrSuperGangster
    @DJJBUTTAH MY BROTHER FROM MY ANOTHER MOTHER!!!! DEATHROWZORROW!! HOLLA!
    you delete all your tweets except for that one? lmao

DJBUTUH is that you on twitter?

Nah my twitter is just Twitter.com/Buttuh. Follow me on there and we'll get this movement movin baby. Life is good.
    oh damn. you're followed by scarface? how'd you get that done? lol

I've said a couple times on here, not to beat a dead horse like Yeah I Rap does with the TDE ? , but me and Face have been friends for a while now. I'm supposed to son him on the golf course next time I come to H-Town.

oh ? that's dope man. never knew that.
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    @H-Rap 180

They should do it to Daughters. lmao
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    edited July 2012
    Options
    no we can handle opinions were just tired of hearin yall ? about how much u think it sucks or why we shouldnt like it. then get out the thread. listen to something else. if i dont like somethin i dont waste my time or energy on it. i dont sit around tryin to tell everybody why they shouldnt like it either.

tired.. tired of what bruh? theres only like 5 posters who said the album wasn't up to par as oppose to 20 or so who's ? with it ..... what kind of adult approach is it to say "hey since you dont agree with me you need to get the ? outta here"........? what kind of diverse conversation does that spark? ...thats what hiphop is now? if you dont like what i like you're a ______________________ <-- insert negative adjective here .... oh word? the thread is a discussion thread not a appreciation thread ...ya'll ? need to chill with all the over emotions ....

.....i mean......i thought life was good right?
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still havent heard the album..
    tuesday right around the corner..

and judging by the good/bad reviews
    I know this album is atleast top 5 in Nas's catalogue..

people descibe the album as being soulful..
    laid back is Nas at his best..

Nasty was ill..
    Nas spit rapid flow bar for bar with out a hook..

Daughters was necessary..
    He had to address Destiny getting out of control..
    anybody with a daughter should be able to relate..

Don is a banger..
    Im from PA.
    but I live in Charlotte NC.
    the club go crazy when Don come on..
    I was admittedly surprised about this..

Accident murderers is also necessary..
    with all the ? going on in the streets,
    alot of innocent people getting killed,
    especially in the Chi..
    Dont get it ? up,
    I ? with Rozays music,
    but his verse on this song is unnecessary..
    Nas shouldv got Common or AZ on this song..

these are the only songs I heard so far and all 4 sound good..
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

tired.. tired of what bruh? theres only like 5 posters who said the album wasn't up to par as oppose to 20 or so who's ? with it ..... what kind of adult approach is it to say "hey since you dont agree with me you need to get the ? outta here"........? what kind of diverse conversation does that spark? ...thats what hiphop is now? if you dont like what i like you're a ______________________ <-- insert negative adjective here .... oh word? the thread is a discussion thread not a appreciation thread ...ya'll ? need to chill with all the over emotions ....

at least your not a troll

? can go thru my post history and see i aint never trolled ? ... maybe some jokes ..but trolling is silly imo ...now ....i will say that cats can have over emotional/irrational ass opinions on either side of a debate ... however the amount of people supporting either side is typically going to skew the perception on who's really the troll....
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

at least your not a troll

? can go thru my post history and see i aint never trolled ? ... maybe some jokes ..but trolling is silly imo ...now ....i will say that cats can have over emotional/irrational ass opinions on either side of a debate ... however the amount of people supporting either side is typically going to skew the perception on who's really the troll....

you ever cosigned someone who was an obvious troll

idk ... depends on what that person post ....
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I will say this tho ...this track is my ? .... that rhythm section on this track is what i felt was missing from too many of the other records on the lp .... that infectious bass line ... matched with that classic boom bap drum loop .... hypnotic ? .... thats that vintage nasty nas ... i mean ? there's like 4-5 tracks i want to say that dont even have a bass section?!?!.... and i dont mean an 808 ...im talking about an actual rhythm bass electric bass anything ....that to me just left a lot of these tracks too light for my taste ...too hollow ... like reach out ..that sample has been used a ton of times..? even mary herself has a better version ... ? could have flipped that sample better to make it less stale and repetitive .....? ... add some depth ...different slices on the sample ..? like that is where the record fails ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb-DEuwV9WM

• buttuh_b
    Options
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On "Back When", the drums sound like the ones from "The Genesis" off Illmatic. It makes sense considering the title and subject matter of "Back When".
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    On "Back When", the drums sound like the ones from "The Genesis" off Illmatic. It makes sense considering the title and subject matter of "Back When".

yeah the rhythm section on that track is fire .... that drawn out bass line matched with them drums = instant head nod music ...... but tracks like queens story...reach out... worlds an addiction... you wouldn't understand ..cherry wine ... could have really benefited from some drum pattern or bass line modifications ... it would have added some more moderen flavor to the tracks ...and they could have still kept their vintage sensibilities ...

• Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1st listen...didn't like it...will give it a week or so to see if it grows on me
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    ONE MORE DAY YALL!
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The more I hear Accident Murderers I love this joint. I didnt like it at first but Nas's whole flow on that first verse is godly. Loco-Motive remains my favorite cut.