NAS "Life Is Good" (Official discussion thread) Release date 07/17/12

Options

Comments

• blazn101
    blazn101 Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭
    Options
    On "Back When", the drums sound like the ones from "The Genesis" off Illmatic. It makes sense considering the title and subject matter of "Back When".

yeah the rhythm section on that track is fire .... that drawn out bass line matched with them drums = instant head nod music ...... but tracks like queens story...reach out... worlds an addiction... you wouldn't understand ..cherry wine ... could have really benefited from some drum pattern or bass line modifications ... it would have added some more moderen flavor to the tracks ...and they could have still kept their vintage sensibilities ...

RESPECT and it did throw me off a bit on the tracks to when i first heard them, but i liked it. Question, how do you feel about the way the album was mastered? You seem to know music, just wanted your thoughts.

• blazn101
    blazn101 Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭
    Options
    http://allhiphop.com/2012/07/16/album-review-nas-life-is-good/

Rating: 9 / 10

It has been said that Nas was unable to catch a victory; from the situations involving his very public split with his ex-wife, Kelis, to his daughter’s misuse of Instagram, it’s easy to interpret the building missteps as losses. However, Nas has a way of giving hope to his fans even in those times, whether it’s the announcement of his album, or his incredible outputs alongside MMG machine, Rick Ross. As more songs began to slip from Life Is Good, fans began to hope for the best and hope that Nas was “back.” After a few leaks, the entire album is upon us to dissect, and it may be one of the few times where it’s a good thing to believe the hype, as Nasir delivers in almost every way possible.

for those that care..
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agrv2385 wrote: »
    no we can handle opinions were just tired of hearin yall ? about how much u think it sucks or why we shouldnt like it. then get out the thread. listen to something else. if i dont like somethin i dont waste my time or energy on it. i dont sit around tryin to tell everybody why they shouldnt like it either.

Shut up ?

This a discussion thread if u cant handle the truth dont post in here

Life is good sucks 4 good songs out of 18 is trash

• Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    this album is the business! just listened to the album yesterday and i must says it's one of his best works. it's like...commercial hip hop poems or something. So glad he took it there, artistically. The production is some of the best since STILLMATIC. bout time, ? ! lol. This album will do numbers.

lol at kids talking bout this album boring. Because the album is comparable to ART more than ENTERTAINMENT?
    step your senses up!
  • Garv*
    Garv* Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    Options
    HHIDs production was better or as good as this one, Hip Hop fans are just a bunch of bandwagon hoppers, this album seems to be acclaimed so suddenly its his only well produced album since Stillmatic, lol, its the same fools that were probably in 2000 saying Nas had fell off till he dropped Stillmatic and they jump back on his ? again.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QPhg5lzzz0

There is not a single song on life is good with better production than this song

Plus Jiggas bars on blacc republicans make hip hop is dead worth listening too

Hip hop is dead>>>>Life is Good
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is not a single song on life is good with better production than this song

i was surprised he didn't drop like one of these vintage concept records on the album either .... he's dont it on the past 3-4 albums
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agrv2385 wrote: »
    no we can handle opinions were just tired of hearin yall ? about how much u think it sucks or why we shouldnt like it. then get out the thread. listen to something else. if i dont like somethin i dont waste my time or energy on it. i dont sit around tryin to tell everybody why they shouldnt like it either.

Shut up ?

This a discussion thread if u cant handle the truth dont post in here

Life is good sucks 4 good songs out of 18 is trash

Tommy's trolling is starting to make him look stupid and his hiphop opinions are looking real suspect for now and future threads.

Making yourself look stupid for the sake of trolling a few ? you got beef with on here.

I go back and forth with posters but, sometimes the music brings us to common ground.

How any one can say that there is only 4 songs when it's blatantly obvious that Nas goes in and bares his soul on 95% of the album is a joke.

Losing credibility as and objective listener out here.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited July 2012
    Options
    How can you say someone looks stupid because they dont like the songs you like?

Lmao the guy who follows johnny green around beggin for his attention says someone else looks stupid

I dont need credibility on a message board the reason is a garbage forum this is the last place to post for credible hip hop discussion
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *just copped album (Deluxe) from local record store post*

LIG
  • 50/50
    50/50 Members Posts: 43
    Options

lol@people tryin to defend HHID and especially who killed it which was the most hated song when HHID was released (and doesn't even have a good production like you say..man that kickdrum sounds extremely uninspired) ...it's the same with every nas album...

high anticipation....album is released...people either call it a classic or say his old ? was better, which was hated on (or praised) when it was released.

I agree the production on HHID was quite good...but not >LIG...
    PLUS, HHID-Nas sounds like a bored vet compared to the LIG-Nas...

really how can anybody deny Nas' hunger and flawless flows on LIG and not be amped up about that...especially as a fan of his older stuff.

• deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, I'm feeling this cd. "Daughters" and "Bye Baby" are two of my favorites.

Nas' subject matter on the track with Anthony Hamilton is ridiculous, dope concept. Pastors watching ? ...dayum
  • rip.dilla
    Options

3. A QUEENS STORY
    4. ACCIDENT MURDERERS feat. Rick Ross

The last verse on Track 3 contains the hook to Track 4

ILL
  • JYo79
    JYo79 Members Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The Black Bond is the concept track
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    Oh My Days

Salaam Remi & No ID are proper OG's
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Huffingtonpost Review
    huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/16/nas-life-is-good-review_n_1675697.html
    Nas' 'Life Is Good' Reviewed: Throwback Feel Makes For Strong Tenth Studio Album

Rapfix MTV Review
    rapfix.mtv.com/2012/07/16/nas-life-is-good-album-review/
    While drastically different from his 1994 debut, there is something especially majestic about Nasir's 2012 release, and hopefully it grows a little more special with each passing year.
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    Favourites

No Introduction
    A Queens Story
    Accident Murderers
    Daughters
    Back When
    The Don
    Stay
    Cherry Wine (Winehouse is/was one of a kind)
    Bye Baby
    Nasty
    Where's The Love

? incredible the way this guy is spitting lyricism on the mic

Personal classic material

Life Is Good
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The beat isn't bad, but it's not anything great.
    World's An Addiction's beat is easily better.
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    And props to that ? @bilfiger for giving this thread more push
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any of you in the Soho area might wanna head out early in the morning to get your copy at the Beats by Dre store.

tumblr_m79t5yJFTu1qlityfo1_1280.png

The first 50 People who buy the "Life Is Good" LP from the @BeatsByDre Store in Soho NYC get a chance to hang with @Nas Wed. July 18th 4-6pm

• Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you don't like the man's style,leave his music alone..Plain and simple..

You know most hate is crooked confused admiration because even the so called "haters" pick up the Cd to Listen lol..

A true hater who disliked nas wouldn't click play to begin with..Most of ya'll closet Fans on the low..*Coughs* Tommy!

Why is this dusty saudi arabian al qaeda lieutenant lookin dune ? name droppin me?

I can review whatever I want fam,dont catch feelins about it you a grown ass man

Now get bacc in that cave and plot on the next suicide bomb you plan on detonating

? you a closet ? .fan(Fake ass ? )....Whats the matter Tommy?. u madd cuz your ? ass card stay getting pulled vegas style?

All I was saying you invisible ill community ? is that if you enjoy sucking camel ? then get out the Nas thread..And what the ? is a bilfiger? Sounds like some ? valentino euro ? ,no wonder you like trans europe express soulless white boy rap,It matches your andro sugar footed ? made style ..Go knit a rainbow silk shirt and ?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Lmao you tried but that ? was wacc

Ignore my posts in the future then u wont get so emotional.The album is trash sorry it bothers you

You'll get the ethers and cosigns u lookin for

• Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao you tried but that ? was wacc

Ignore my posts in the future then u wont get so emotional.The album is trash sorry it bothers you

You'll get the ethers and cosigns u lookin for

So WTT didn't consist of techno off kilter trans euro express ? caucasian tones with a lil soul thrown in to pull ppl in brah?..Read the credits ? ..They sampled themes from the Movie Blades of glory on ? in paris

220px-Bladesofglory2007.jpg

Samples

Contains audio from the motion picture Blades of Glory, used courtesy of Paramount Pictures, and contains elements of "Baptizing Scene", performed and written by Reverend W.A. Donaldson.