The Official True Blood Season 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    anyone got any links for me? All the HBO shows got taken off sidereel so I'm having a tough time finding a link.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    we gona act like jessica wasnt ? with a cape on lol

that ? was GOAT!
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    anyone got any links for me? All the HBO shows got taken off sidereel so I'm having a tough time finding a link.

I was gonna tell you HBO GO but they have that ? set up for subscribers only. But the season finale is already up for GO subscribers.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Watch them bring Tara back next season. Sookie gonna get some vampire blood in her just in time.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Man, I laughed so hard when Tara got killed. My wife was like "Why is that so funny to you?" And I told her because there were a lotta ? on the internet happy as hell right now. Damn, has one show ever taken such a big ? on one character before? It's crazy. They made her life total at every point in the story and hell even before the story and then just when she's starting to perk up, they ? her off. I think the writers on the show hated her more than any of you guys did.

On another note, the writers for this show are idiots. Part of the problem with this season is they simply had too much going on, and it was like a mad rush to close all these dangling storylines. In this last episode, they've pretty much doubled the trouble. For next season we're going to have to deal with:

1) Sookie coping with Tara's death and her crazy romantic life
    2) Sam and his werewolf feud
    3) Russel being back
    4) Bill and Eric being vampire outlaws
    5) The crazy cult leader being a vampire
    6) Jason, Jessica, and Hoyt's little triangle
    7) Lafayette possibly having that demon inside of him
    8) Terry possibly being some kinda ?
    9) Andy being a fairy bodyguard

And there will surely be more subplots that involve all those characters too. It's going to be another mess of a season.

Oh and Jessica is not hot. What the hell is wrong with you dudes. She looks like a damn cadaver.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Question to all the people who has read the books.

Some thing seemed out of place and a bit off this season. I just want to know what was cannon this season, what were the things they added, and what things that were supposed to happen but they changed it? I already know that Lafayette was supposed to die at the end of season 1 so that makes jesus not cannon.

to the board:

I got a thing for red heads, I don't know why but I just want to ? one hella bad. Maybe it's because it's something different? I aint never seen a ugly red head in my life. Them chicks be looking freaky as hell too, like they down for whatever. I don't ? with white girls though.......lol. I just might break my rule for one of them red heads though:cool:

So who yall think let russle out? At first I thought it was debbie because she obviously lost her mind after all that ? that went down. But when we found out the construction worker was glimmered it had to be a vampire who did it. I think it was somebody in the A.V.L or the authority that was working for russle.

like everybody else was saying season 2 >>>>>>>>. that marry ann was crazy as ? and her power was weird as hell too. I think this season was the "calm before the storm" though. That's why it was dragged out so long. This episode made up for it though, all hell bout to break loose next season.
  • Will Munny
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ? season ending. So they say werewolves hopped up on V can be stronger than vampires, yet sookies frail ass can easily overtake one. ? .

Also, Jesus getting killed was so dreadfully obvious. ? .

Bill and Eric ending the season as lovers. ? .
  • Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lmao at all of us wishing Tara was dead all season and it came true...
  • Carlos Loozer
    Carlos Loozer Members Posts: 848
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lol @ people being surprised newlin and russell came back, when it was foreshadowed russell was coming back since they didn't even ? him, and newlin was obviously gonna come back if you paid attention to some of the mindless dialogue of them saying "reverend newlin has been missing for a few weeks" or whatever, just like EVERYBODY who gets turned into vampires.
  • im_lux
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well i guess those things get lost on most people when there is 50 thousand things going on in one episode. I knew Russell would come back but I didn't even notice they said that about Newlin.

Same here I didn't realize they said that about Newlin either. But I knew Russell was coming back however they didn't even give it a two season break. I mean damn I'm glad he's back HOWEVER I think they mighta done better by having a different villain for 2 seasons and THEN bring him back so his character is some what forgotten by then and also doesn't get monotonous to the viewers. But then again I'm not a writer for HBO so I might be TV Series-illiterate.
  • im_lux
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think Alan Ball realized that Russle was the best villian the show had. These other villians was light weight because compared to Russel. Think about it...there was nothing really bad ass about Mary Anne. she was just creepy and glamoured people in to being her slaves. Newlin was just a racist. Russel just murked ? and wants to take over the world top that off with revenge and I think next season will be the best cuz he will not give a ? . Then finally seeing who's behind the VLA and the Authority. i just hope they don't focus too much on Sookie's grief of losing Tara....but I don't want them to bring Tara back either. LOL. I wanna know who turned Newlin too...lot of cliffhangers in this season finale.

p.s. wouldn't it be dope if Russel did this ? again to announce to the world that he was back at the beggining of next season

Yeah I said that in an earlier post. He's definately the best they've had so far. Plus if I'm not mistaken he was the first main villain that focused on the vampires. Cause Renee was killin normal ? and Mary Anne just wanted the town and Sam but it basically was a Sookie/Sam/Tara problem. Marni was the 2nd to focus on the Vamps but she was so ? ? that she was just annoying. I think this next season now that Tara Tommy and Jesus are all gone there's going to be less ? less ? ? and some story lines that actually go somewhere other than repeating dumb ? other than Sookie's love triangles. Though next season she's going to ? with Alcide which is ? annoying he's already a ? ? when it comes to Sookie and he ain't even got the ? yet so she'll probably turn Alcide the Werewolf into Alcide the Pomeranian.
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I gotta say something about Lafayette.

One, I dont know how they did it but they made a flaming ? even gayer. Far as i'm concerned that ? a woman.

Two, the dude that plays him (Nelsan Ellis) is a GREAT actor. That ? had Marnie's speech pattern, tone, and movement down to a T, the way he did with the slave girl who possessed him. Dude has changed his characters demeanor with the writing from season 1 to now and made it look seamless. I want to see him act in a role where's he's not a ? , dude could potentially be the next great black actor if they let him.
  • sdotcarter111
    edited September 2011
    Options
    About the wolf that stepped to Sam, could it be the woman he's dating's daughter? Earlier in the ep she wondered if she was going to be a shifter or a were, maybe she finally turned and instinctively went after the man who killed her father? Either her or the dude he and Alcide held up in the garage. Nobody else in the pack even know who Sam is.

Either way, when they fight next season I wanna see Sam turn into a dragon or some ? , or at least a lion and ? that wolf up. Shifter vs true blood werewolves should be NO CONTEST if you think about it.
  • im_lux
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I gotta say something about Lafayette.

One, I dont know how they did it but they made a flaming ? even gayer. Far as i'm concerned that ? a woman.

Two, the dude that plays him (Nelsan Ellis) is a GREAT actor. That ? had Marnie's speech pattern, tone, and movement down to a T, the way he did with the slave girl who possessed him. Dude has changed his characters demeanor with the writing from season 1 to now and made it look seamless. I want to see him act in a role where's he's not a ? , dude could potentially be the next great black actor if they let him.

He was in The Soloist, The Express and I think he's in the new movie "The Help" he hasn't had any BIG movie roles yet though. But I agree he's a great actor and once this show is over I think he will start getting better roles.
  • sdotcarter111
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Oh yeah.

Probably ole boy then.
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    im_lux wrote: »
    He was in The Soloist, The Express and I think he's in the new movie "The Help" he hasn't had any BIG movie roles yet though. But I agree he's a great actor and once this show is over I think he will start getting better roles.

He was also in Secretariat, he played the horse's trainer... he played it well from what i heard havent seen the movie...

and the Season Finale was dope... finally!
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    who was that chick sam is ? with? i never got her name

• im_lux
    edited September 2011
    Options

Janina Gavankar is her real name...In the show her name is Luna
  • Lambent
    Lambent Members Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just heard Tara supposedly died.

Didn't watch the last episode, how did she die?
  • Will Munny
    edited September 2011
    Options
    She jumped infront of a load of buckshot.

Just a horrible season. There was no dynamic between tara and sookie all season. Tara walked out on here when she found out sookie was hiding eric and then that was it. This season has just been so poor. And then Tara dies to save sookie, when they haven't even been doin ? together all season and had a big falling out previously. Whatever, i'm just glad Tara is dead.

And it now they are recycling story lines from previous seasons. It looks about like its all over to me as a watchable series. I will watch because Jessica is sexy as ? , even though I don't like her the way I used to anymore.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    im_lux wrote: »

He was in Secretariat also. And he can act his ass off. I watched a whole ? movie about a horse b/c i seen Lafayette in the movie with a afro.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Now we got Arlene seeing ghosts. Tara getting shot was the only thing about this episode i liked. they got way too many plots going on that don't tie back into anything. a goat show has officially been turned into some ? i'll just watch to watch. And this show just makes no sense. so sookie can shot light out her hands to save vampires but not when the chic got a shotgun pointed at her.
  • sdotcarter111
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Gun shot too the dome from Debbie....she jumped in front to save Sookie

Every ? on the IC pulled that trigger homie. That ? caught it by firing squad.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Every ? on the IC pulled that trigger homie. That ? caught it by firing squad.

• im_lux
    edited September 2011
    Options
    LMAO how mad will the IC be if they open the 5th season in Sookie's dream or some ? and Tara wakes her up from her dream like "hey I'm still alive Sookie it's okay"

ROFL ? on the IC would be up in arms....I know I would I hated that ? character and been waiting for her to die.