lol Lebron took less money and is a team player & people still hating on him?

Options

Comments

• bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    So that makes it ok?

That depends on how u view the situation. Different dynamics given that the Lakers werent at a complete disadvantage in the scenario.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    That depends on how u view the situation. Different dynamics given that the Lakers werent at a complete disadvantage in the scenario.

Explain to us, what the "different dynamic" is? Both players, knew they would never win with the useless ? they had on their teams...both did something to change their careers for the better...so how is it different??
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I've said it before and I will say it again, anybody who thinks Bron should have stayed in Cleveland is either full ? , or a hater and wants to see him fail. Judging by the posts from the usual haters, it's the later.

• bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Explain to us, what the "different dynamic" is? Both players, knew they would never win with the useless ? they had on their teams...both did something to change their careers for the better...so how is it different??

Kobe knew in all likelihood he wasnt leaving & the Lakers knew this as well. Meanwhile we now know that Bosh, Bron, & Wade discussed the possibility of what they did as early as 06 when they played for the US in the FIBA World Championships in 06 yet Bron gave the Cavs no inclination of this. Now me personally, I have no problem w/ Bron decision. He was a free agent & had the right to explore his options, which is what he did. I just dont agree w/ the way he went about it.
  • rage
    edited May 2011
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    Kobe knew in all likelihood he wasnt leaving & the Lakers knew this as well. Meanwhile we now know that Bosh, Bron, & Wade discussed the possibility of what they did as early as 06 when they played for the US in the FIBA World Championships in 06 yet Bron gave the Cavs no inclination of this. Now me personally, I have no problem w/ Bron decision. He was a free agent & had the right to explore his options, which is what he did. I just dont agree w/ the way he went about it.

You still havent told me what the inherent difference is between, what Bron did and Kobe did. Both players realized that they couldnt win with what they had, both players took action to change that. Both players have benefitted from that decision. He talked to Wade and Bosh about COMING TO CLEVELAND...Bosh was even rumoured to be going to the Cavs, and so was Amare...but the Cavs, for whatever reason didnt get it done. So if anything Bron tried to make the Cavs better as a last ditch effort, but when he realized that the Cavs were never going to get any better...he bounced....whats so wrong about that?
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lmao @ ? championing this "took less money" ? like lebron aint get a $90 million deal from nike straight outta highschool

he coulda played for the vet's minimum and still be clockin more $$$ than 98% of the nba
  • Rey Negro
    Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    LOL Jordan didnt win a championship until his 7th season. Now compare Jordan's roster to Lebron's. He had 0 allstars on his team. Nobody else averaged 20ppg. Then the 2nd best player on his team disappeared in the playoffs. Look at how terrible that team was. As soon as Lebron left they set an NBA record for losses in a row. If ur franchise is not helping u get star players u have the choice to leave. Ultimately he wants to win and the franchise had no plans on doing so. That ? dont owe the owner, city, organization ? .

Thats why i said Lebron made the right decision going to Miami career wise. But he gotta understand, the way he left, does give people in Cleveland the right to ? on him.
  • Rey Negro
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Dizzel3000 wrote: »
    this is where i disagree ... and its funny cos i dont remember people going at kobe when he had a ? ass squad and demanded that the lakers either trade bynum for someone better or he wanted to be traded to the bulls ..........funny how that ? works ...people were on kobes side sympathizing and ? ...

Refer to my last post...say what you want about Kobe but, he didn't act on those complaints

Unlike Jordan, he didn't stay in Cleveland & persevere into success. Unlike Kobe, he actually acted on his complaints & actually left. Unlike Iverson, he quit on his city & basically told all the fans there that he never liked them growing up anyway LOL.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Rey ? wrote: »
    Refer to my last post...say what you want about Kobe but, he didn't act on those complaints

for three......@ Drmindbender.......We all gonna make decisions that provide the best personal utility. In Lebron's case, that was leaving Cleveland to go form a superteam in Miami. No problem. Just take the criticism like a man. Unlike Jordan, he didn't stay in Cleveland & persevere into success. Unlike Kobe, he actually acted on his complaints & actually left. Unlike Iverson, he quit on his city & basically told all the fans there that he never liked them growing up anyway LOL. He'll always have that mark against him. Just deal with it & stop ? . You did it!!!!! And I refuse to believe Lebron couldn't have built a Team in Cleveland....especially if Oklahoma City can have one of the best teams in the NBA.

Say what you want about lebron ...unlike clev ...la got an allstar level PF in his prime for kobe after those trade demands

he said he never ? with cleveland like that .... he didnt stay in clev he lived in akron even as an adult ...never owed clev a damn thing ... he was a free agent you cant quit on something you dont have a contractual tie to
  • Rey Negro
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It didn't help that Lebron kept putting doubts in the media like 2 years before his contract was up that he was gonna leave. Everybody knew there was a strong chance that Lebron was gonna bounce from the Cavaliers in 2010 & Lebron never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever tried to put those beliefs to bed.

antawn.jpg

Think about that for a second, if you was a NBA star, say Chris Paul, why on earth would you go to Cleveland to be Lebron's second option when that ? leakin stories about leaving when his contract up. End up like Antwan Jamison stuck in Siberia alone. Lebron was 50% of the reason why they couldn't get no help.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It didn't help that Lebron kept putting doubts in the media like 2 years before his contract was up that he was gonna leave. Everybody knew their was a strong chance that Lebron was gonna bounce from the Cavaliers in 2010 & Lebron never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever tried to put those beliefs to bed.

Think about that for a second, if you was a NBA star, say Chris Paul, why on earth would you go to Cleveland to be Lebron's second option when that ? leakin stories about leaving when his contract up. End up like Antwan Jamison stuck in Siberia alone. Lebron was 50% of the reason why they couldn't get no help.

I think by signing a three year extension instead of the full max like melo he was making it clear to the cavs that they need to either put talent around him or he would explore his options in FA ...their was no mystery in that ...why do you think the summer of 2010 hype started two years ago ..
  • rage
    edited May 2011
    Options

Unlike Jordan, he didn't stay in Cleveland & persevere into success. Unlike Kobe, he actually acted on his complaints & actually left. Unlike Iverson, he quit on his city & basically told all the fans there that he never liked them growing up anyway LOL.

JORDAN DIDNT LEAVE BECAUSE HE GOT HELP, KOBE DIDNT LEAVE BECAUSE THE LAKERS GOT HIM AN ALL STAR....Where is AI now?? Does AI have a chip?? Are you really this dumb?
    It didn't help that Lebron kept putting doubts in the media like 2 years before his contract was up that he was gonna leave. Everybody knew there was a strong chance that Lebron was gonna bounce from the Cavaliers in 2010 & Lebron never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever tried to put those beliefs to bed.

antawn.jpg

I think by signing a three year extension instead of the full max like melo he was making it clear to the cavs that they need to either put talent around him or he would explore his options in FA ...their was no mystery in that ...why do you think the summer of 2010 hype started two years ago ..

Yup, just as I figured, you are as dumb as a box of rocks. Why in the world would a business man that works via contracts, guarantee that he will resign? So that the Cavs owner can continue to do nothing to improve his team, because he has his good little "? " there that isnt going anywhere? ? outta here...
  • Monizzle
    Monizzle Members Posts: 1,666
    edited May 2011
    Options
    93-94 Bulls After Jordan Retired

55-27 Reg Season Record .... Lost Tight Game Seven To Knicks In Eastern Conf Divisionals = Great Team That Was Put Over The Top By Elite Player (Jordan)

10-11 Cavs Record After LeBron Left

19-63 Reg Season Record ...... Joke Of The League ... 26game Loosing Streak ... Complete Disgrace Of An NBA Team ...... = Garbage Squad Carried By Elite Player (James)

Why are you still talking? Go To Sleep ? ? Go Finish Pinning Up Your LeBron Voodoo Doll .....Just Stop Talking About Basketball

he from beantown where the celtics are a "historic" franchise with die hard support yet the fans are bandwagon as ? . Between the early 90's and 2007 the whole fleet center was empty seats in black and yellow like a wiz khalifia music video then ? hopped on the bandwagon in 2007 and are about to hop off the wagon in a year or 2 after this current celtics team goes back to mediocre. I live in the northeast ive seen this foolishness lol.
  • b*braze
    edited May 2011
    Options
    some overanalyzing smart dumb ? ? ...

you so busy suckin ? you missed my whole point

he had $90 million from nike right outta high school. that was a major story back in 2003, since no young black male had ever come into that kind of endorsement money, not even jordan. and that aint "counting" his endorsement money because i made no mention of his other endorsements.

if you wasnt in such a hurry to cockcuddle/jump to lebrons defense you'd realize my point was that i dont care about him taking less money like thats some sort of virtue in this case. and neither did he because he knew he had more than enough money already

my post wasnt a knock on lebron. it was a knock on you knobslobbers thinkin him takin a few mill less from another owner to go win was hurting or affecting him in any way financially... especially since they dont dont even pay state income tax in florida
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    edited May 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    you so busy suckin ? you missed my whole point

he had $90 million from nike right outta high school. that was a major story back in 2003, since no young black male had ever come into that kind of endorsement money, not even jordan. and that aint "counting" his endorsement money because i made no mention of his other endorsements.

if you wasnt in such a hurry to cockcuddle/jump to lebrons defense you'd realize my point was that i dont care about him taking less money like thats some sort of virtue in this case. and neither did he because he knew he had more than enough money already

my post wasnt a knock on lebron. it was a knock on you knobslobbers thinkin him takin a few mill less from another owner to go win was hurting or affecting him in any way financially... especially since they dont dont even pay state income tax in florida

its not about it hurting him financially ...its about him being egoless enough to accept less than market value to achieve the greater goal of winning
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    if you call youself the chosen one, you gotta take the criticism like a man. he quit on his team, his city & did it in an extremely distasteful fashion.

29 pts, 12 rebs, 12 assists...those were his stats in his LAST game as a Cav vs. Celtics...if getting a triple double is quitting on your team, then I guess that's a hell of a way to quit
  • b*braze
    edited May 2011
    Options
    its not about it hurting him financially ...its about him being egoless enough to accept less than market value to achieve the greater goal of winning

ego had nothing to do with it, either way. he actually had to humble himself a bit to realize that he needed major help in order to win.
    and he was long since financially set so money wasnt an issue.

"market value" is a label thought up by owners and agents who stand to profit from their commodities/players... lebron placed more value in winning. if he didnt care about those few extra million, why should we?
  • Monizzle
    Monizzle Members Posts: 1,666
    edited May 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    29 pts, 12 rebs, 12 assists...those were his stats in his LAST game as a Cav vs. Celtics...if getting a triple double is quitting on your team, then I guess that's a hell of a way to quit

I been showing theese stats to celtics fans up here in CT for the past year but they bandwagon ass still saying he "quit" which is funny because celtics fans quit on their team in between every dynasty.
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Monizzle wrote: »
    I been showing theese stats to celtics fans up here in CT for the past year but they bandwagon ass still saying he "quit" which is funny because celtics fans quit on their team in between every dynasty.

Funny made up post....
  • bigrizz
    edited May 2011
    Options

Why you leave out the turnovers though?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »
    Why you leave out the turnovers though?

I'm sorry it was 27 points, 19 rebs, and 10 assists...and 9 TO...still pretty hard to say he quit when he had a triple double...if that's him "quitting" then I guess ? really don't wanna see him play full speed...bottom line is the criticism LeBron got for leaving the Cav's should've stopped with the complaints about The Decision...but him actually going to Miami is no different than any other team that has had 2-3 HOF's on it at the same time...there really has not been ANYONE who can dispute that or make a good argument against it or say that a one man team has won not only 1 ring but multiple rings....
  • bigrizz
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm sorry it was 27 points, 19 rebs, and 10 assists...and 9 TO...still pretty hard to say he quit when he had a triple double...if that's him "quitting" then I guess ? really don't wanna see him play full speed...bottom line is the criticism LeBron got for leaving the Cav's should've stopped with the complaints about The Decision...but him actually going to Miami is no different than any other team that has had 2-3 HOF's on it at the same time...there really has not been ANYONE who can dispute that or make a good argument against it or say that a one man team has won not only 1 ring but multiple rings....

Tim Duncan won with an old D. Robinson, Sean elliot, and Avery Johnson.

The Pistons have won without HOFers...so it can be done.

I just dont see how lebron gets a pass, but nobody else does...he did most of his damage in the 3rd quarter of that game...How about the fourth....that why most people said he quit
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    edited May 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    ego had nothing to do with it, either way. he actually had to humble himself a bit to realize that he needed major help in order to win.
    and he was long since financially set so money wasnt an issue.

"market value" is a label thought up by owners and agents who stand to profit from their commodities/players... lebron placed more value in winning. if he didnt care about those few extra million, why should we?

Contradiction...humbling yourself = checking ego ....how does it have nothing to do with ego again??

What do you mean financially set?? now u are telling me your lebrons financial advisor and have in depth details as to how much money he would like to amass over his career?? what are you even talking about ...just because you have money it doesn't mean it is the norm or the appropriate business tactic to take less than what your worth just because your "already financially set" what kind of logic is that ...do you think bill gates would say some ? like that?? warren buffet??

"oh yeah you know what ...my profits have been great these past couple years so hey ..let me just start making business moves that lessen my profit opportunities because hey i already gots money"

would you accept your boss coming to you and saying ....hey b*braze ....i know you were looking foward to that raise and all ...but you know what.. looking at the numbers and your current pay rate in comparions to the national average ...we feel your already financially set ....so were gonna have to pass on that upgrade player ...have a good day!

thats a silly ass arguement my man...That ? doesn't make any sense ...

We should care because it is not the norm in any BUSINESS venture to short yourself finnancially in favor of another desire ...particularly when your the number one commoditiy in the field .... after all ...this is a capitalist country ...that in itself was a move that displayed a bit of egolessness he like most other athletes could have demeanded to squeez every penny that he's worth outta mia but thats not what he tried to do ..he left around 15million on the table in favor of winning ..i dont care what you say about being "finnancially stable" 15mil is 15mil ...
  • juice86
    juice86 Members Posts: 832
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You got to think of it as and owner of a team, one of your employees just said ? you and your company and took a better job. Who wouldnt do that if they had the chance? I cant hate on James for joining up with 2 of his friends and moving to miami, ? if two of my boy were like "yo lets team up and move to miami and say ? the haters" Props to him for being all about winning.
  • bigrizz
    edited May 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    I guarantee that Rasheed and Chauncey will be in the Hall....
    Sean Eliot was a beast, and D. Robinson was still an above average player...

Really??? I love both players but i dont think they have the numbers. sheed avg. 14.6 and 6 boards..

Chauncey has a better chance...not first ballot, but evetually