Questions and Statements about ? ...

Options

Comments

• Treize117
    Treize117 Members Posts: 1,112
    edited April 2010
    Options
    My thoughts would be that if you dont believe in ? , the Bible, or the messages it imparts, then fine. Live life the best way you know how and let the chips fall where they may.

What I dont understand is people arguing against something that they already do not believe in. If you dont think its true, then why bother arguing against it?
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Treize117 wrote: »
    My thoughts would be that if you dont believe in ? , the Bible, or the messages it imparts, then fine. Live life the best way you know how and let the chips fall where they may.

What I dont understand is people arguing against something that they already do not believe in. If you dont think its true, then why bother arguing against it?

i been Trynna Figure this out for the longest lol.......
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options

Because alot of those who do are a problem for humanity, the bible preaches alot of ? that keeps people from doing certain things that we could use to help the world and also pushes people to do things to hurt the world. Religion breeds ? like slavery, the holocaust, church bombing, shooting up jewish schools, ? of women, ? , oppresion of women, all types of ? that is detrimental to our survival.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." John 12:32

The cross of Christ divides humanity. There are the saved and there are the lost. All men will have to make a decision about who Jesus Christ is and because all must make a decision, Jesus draws all men to Him in order to make that decision.

So all the posturing, all the debates, all the discussions, all the talks, and most recently all the message board postings that take place throughout the world in regards to who Jesus Christ is and what He did for humanity is a fulfillment of Jesus Christ words in John 12:32.

Nobody will have an excuse on the day of judgment, thus ? will be justified in carrying out the punishment the wicked chose to begin with; to live without ? forever.

What a shame.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." John 12:32

The cross of Christ divides humanity. There are the saved and there are the lost. All men will have to make a decision about who Jesus Christ is and because all must make a decision, Jesus draws all men to Him in order to make that decision.

So all the posturing, all the debates, all the discussions, all the talks, and most recently all the message board postings that take place throughout the world in regards to who Jesus Christ is and what He did for humanity is a fulfillment of Jesus Christ words in John 12:32.

Nobody will have an excuse on the day of judgment, thus ? will be justified in carrying out the punishment the wicked chose to begin with; to live without ? forever.

What a shame.

sometimes your "holier than thou" attitude is amazing. the way in which you come across as though you and only you on here are somebody bound for Heaven is frightening. Remember we all sin, noone is forgiven already and can just go on a rant saying this and that excluding themselves from the mix. It is known that a part of spirituality and being at one with your religion is also being humble. Maybe put that into practice also and your 'preaching' may come across as a little more sincere.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »
    sometimes your "holier than thou" attitude is amazing. the way in which you come across as though you and only you on here are somebody bound for Heaven is frightening. Remember we all sin, noone is forgiven already and can just go on a rant saying this and that excluding themselves from the mix. It is known that a part of spirituality and being at one with your religion is also being humble. Maybe put that into practice also and your 'preaching' may come across as a little more sincere.

You know he ain't for real don't ya? It's a gimmick he's been running on here for like....ever...
  • KLICHE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You know he ain't for real don't ya? It's a gimmick he's been running on here for like....ever...

and in his own words... "what a shame"
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hyde Parke wrote: »
    why not? is it impossible for ? /holy spirit to speak to people?
    it's not so much of what ? CAN do but rather what He chooses TO do, and how he chooses to do it. The Holy Spirit still operates on us but it's through means of his Word - the sword of the Spirit.

The idea that the Holy Spirit directly operates within a person separate and apart from the revealed Word is a denominational teaching.
    A lot of this idea comes from misunderstanding of certain passages talking about being lead by the Spirit, and other misunderstandings come from passages being taken out of context where passages talk about Apostles or others being directly lead by the Spirit for a specific purpose which is an exception to the rule.
  • KLICHE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    King is a member of nadias church huh?

Nice coincidence
  • BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    so a whole bunch of people went into the swamp to find a missing girl, one of them found her, and this proves somehow that ? is real

right

sure
  • "A Tout le Mond
    "A Tout le Mond Members Posts: 121
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Something seems fishy about the whole situation.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    smh @ all the sad religious ? on this forum.
  • The GMW
    The GMW Members Posts: 259
    edited April 2010
    Options
    longmeat wrote: »
    The perception of a loving compassionate ? is a more of a new age philosophy. ? is a ? of vengeance, it says so all throughout the bible. ? ? commanded the israelites in their conquest of the land of canaan to sometimes ? every man, woman, and child, and all the cattle. That ? is more of a ? and tyrant like the gods of old mythology, than a ? of love, compassion and forgiveness.

I agree in part; if there is a ? , there's no way it's a ? of compassion. But I also doubt it's a ? of vengeance, due to the vast amount of wrongdoing that goes unpunished in the world. If there is a ? , and I don't think there's any evidence for one, but if there is one, I don't think it would care in the least about human morality or feel human emotions.
  • The GMW
    edited April 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    Well, there has been research done to know if Jesus is who the authors say He is and found it to be true (and sure there are those who find it false). But I will have to say...so what it is true? Does it mean that Jesus would be believed in?

I'm curious... can you cite any of that research?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »

"1 I charge thee therefore before ? , and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry."
    2 Timothy 4:1-5

I don't apologize for declaring the counsel of the Lord. I don't apologize for speaking the truth. And I don't apologize for being a minister of reconciliation. But I do apologize for the tone of voice I used. The gospel message either does 2 things, it will drive you to forgiveness and repentance or it will drive you away in rebellion, stubbornness, and hardness of heart. ? tells His servants to preach the word in season and out of season. Why? Because people will not endure sound doctrine, due to the truth which cuts them to the heart. The truth is sharper than any 2 edged sword my brother. And many of times people can not handle the truth, so they want to attack the messenger. But I stand as an ambassador for Christ and as a witness to His awesome power. My prayer is that one day you too will stand as an ambassador for Christ so that your life can be a testimony of the transforming power of Al-Mighty ? .
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The GMW wrote: »
    I'm curious... can you cite any of that research?

Lee Strobel is one person that has looked into this and has wrote a book about it called "The Case for Christ". He goes around and ask questions to some of the respected names in Christian theology and see if they can give answer to Jesus's existence and claims and the authors who wrote them. Though he does a good job, the answers given are not necessarily "slam dunk" answers. The theologians understand their limits and try not to build this story up to be something that it isn't.

I'm sure there are more sources, but I don't know about them. And there are those who would say something different about this, but I don't know about them either. It helps though to see both sides. Even if there is evidence in favor of Jesus's existence, it doesn't mean that He would be believed in.
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

"If you dont think its true" = This is why they argue against it, because don't think it's true.

If they believed it to be true, they wouldn't argue against it.

People tend to argue about things that they don't agree with.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    What's the purpose of those other planets? Didn't you know that man would have difficulties dealing with people over piety issues like the color of ones skin? I know you was probably being creative with your creations but you didn't you forsee this problem? Excuse me, of course you did, your ? . What about putting that evil mr. Lucifer on the same planet as your beloved man? I mean could every different color of people and all your evil ex angels have a planet of their own? I'm just saying.

Your curious creation,
    Ether

well if he didnt have man to terrorize then what would he do to occupy his time?
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The GMW wrote: »
    I agree in part; if there is a ? , there's no way it's a ? of compassion. But I also doubt it's a ? of vengeance, due to the vast amount of wrongdoing that goes unpunished in the world. If there is a ? , and I don't think there's any evidence for one, but if there is one, I don't think it would care in the least about human morality or feel human emotions.

That's my take on it. If there's a deity, he can give two ? about what's going on on earth. considering how many billions of galaxies, stars, and planets, he not worried about us. we're just not that important in the grand scheme of things. he doesn't "love" us and is concerned if we're happy, sad, or miserable.
  • The GMW
    edited April 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    Lee Strobel is one person that has looked into this and has wrote a book about it called "The Case for Christ". He goes around and ask questions to some of the respected names in Christian theology and see if they can give answer to Jesus's existence and claims and the authors who wrote them. Though he does a good job, the answers given are not necessarily "slam dunk" answers. The theologians understand their limits and try not to build this story up to be something that it isn't.

I'm sure there are more sources, but I don't know about them. And there are those who would say something different about this, but I don't know about them either. It helps though to see both sides. Even if there is evidence in favor of Jesus's existence, it doesn't mean that He would be believed in.

I won't pretend that I've read all of his books, but I do know of Lee Strobel. Honestly, I find his stuff to be flawed to say the least. But like you say, some people will find the evidence compelling and others won't.
  • The GMW
    edited April 2010
    Options
    longmeat wrote: »
    That's my take on it. If there's a deity, he can give two ? about what's going on on earth. considering how many billions of galaxies, stars, and planets, he not worried about us. we're just not that important in the grand scheme of things. he doesn't "love" us and is concerned if we're happy, sad, or miserable.

That's what I've always thought... the gods of many of Earth's religions are very human-centric in that they feel human emotions and react to things in human ways, which to me makes it seem like those gods were conceived of by human minds. I think a true, universal ? would be way, way beyond our scope, and would definitely be far above caring about whether we worshiped it.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think ? is trying to tell you two something.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    I think ? is trying to tell you two something.

The only thing ? tells people is to look down on other people that arent the same group as them
  • KLICHE
    edited April 2010
    Options

"1 I charge thee therefore before ? , and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry."
    2 Timothy 4:1-5

I don't apologize for declaring the counsel of the Lord. I don't apologize for speaking the truth. And I don't apologize for being a minister of reconciliation. But I do apologize for the tone of voice I used. The gospel message either does 2 things, it will drive you to forgiveness and repentance or it will drive you away in rebellion, stubbornness, and hardness of heart. ? tells His servants to preach the word in season and out of season. Why? Because people will not endure sound doctrine, due to the truth which cuts them to the heart. The truth is sharper than any 2 edged sword my brother. And many of times people can not handle the truth, so they want to attack the messenger. But I stand as an ambassador for Christ and as a witness to His awesome power. My prayer is that one day you too will stand as an ambassador for Christ so that your life can be a testimony of the transforming power of Al-Mighty ? .

Brother in no way am I saying apologise for your faith or love for it.. not asking you to apologise for anything.. not seeking an apology for anything.. It was pretty clear what I said.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

What a shame.

^^^^christian computer program