Fellas: Are we TOO HARD on Single Mothers?

Options

Comments

• Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Most of them go for no good ? so that's what they get. Also when I wanna do something, I ain't waiting for her to get a babysitter. They prorities were ? up from the start and then they wanna do right because of a child.
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    There's a difference between handling your responsiblity if it's your kid, and simping a chick with a kid......

Yeah you're right...

It's really whatever to me.

I find dating with a child to be hard anyway. It's easier just to avoid it.
  • Gnawledgeable
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Because most men, who have themselves together, don't want a ready made family. They also don't want a lot of the delusions that come with dating/simping a single mother.It's funny, they're the ones with the "baggage" but have the most demands of what they want in a man, like hoe, you should be the last person with demands for anything.

The problem is that society has gotten soft on single motherhood and all of a sudden it's "accepted" now....

Realest post in here. Yea them hoes got some nerve to have certain demands. I told a few like you lucky I'm even talking to yo ass.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    14325 wrote: »
    Most men are not ready for family, kids, healthcare, mortgage, homework et al

The bold is me to a Tee, I really don't want to be bothered w/ a female that has a child or children for that matter especially if I had my life in order the way I would want to live it. Also, I don't want to be bothered or run into a situation with a single parent female where her baby daddy just got out of lockdown for like 4 -5 yrs and now he's ready to come back into the picture and kick his feet up on the table like ain't ? happened since he been gone. Then I turn around and kick ? over by getting kicked to the curb I don't think so.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • kat2180
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Spinoff: Are we too easy on Single/Deadbeat Fathers?
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    Spinoff: Are we too easy on Single/Deadbeat Fathers?

why arent you n yo baby daddy together?
  • Eternal Bachelor
    Eternal Bachelor Members Posts: 656
    edited March 2010
    Options
    alot of the same ? that go hard on single mothers will be excursively dating single mothers in the next 10 years.

Loo...im 35....be 36 in june...at my age, damn near everybody is a single mom...lol

good thing is..there kids are alost if not already highschool age, mine included, so soon that wont be a problem again anyway
  • texican11
    texican11 Members Posts: 447
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Reasons for dating Single Moms...
    1)Easiest ? ever...
    -All you gotta do is listen to her ? about how hard the singl mother life is...
    -Sell them the dream that you gonna clean their previous mess (a.k.a. the little bastard)
    2)Cheap Dates...
    -Ask her out, 9 out 10 times she is gonna say NO cuz she cant get a babysitter
    3)You can go out the clubs/bars and troll/creep for new ? (While she stays at home taking care of "Junior")
    -If she says something/Gets out of pocket...You can always say something smart to hurt her feelings...
    -"? what are you bringing to the table, other than another dudes crying baby and a tired ? "...
    4)If you are just ? ...
    -You know that the fridge is always well stocked cuz of them food stamps

Reasons for NOT dating single moms
    1)BabyDaddy Drama...
    -For some reason the dude thinks he will always own the ? ..
    2) If for some reason you end up marrying the slightly-used-merchandise...
    -Say bye to your hard earned money cuz its going to some little dude who is NOT even your blood
    3)Can NOT discipline the bastard cuz he would pull the "you are NOT my real daddy" card...

-
  • kat2180
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Max-b wrote: »
    why arent you n yo baby daddy together?

Because we can't be.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Because we can't be.

ow.. ok.......
  • Gnawledgeable
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Because we can't be.

Be specific on why ya'll can't be together.
  • kat2180
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Be specific on why ya'll can't be together.

Because he's not what I want and I'm not what he needs...it would never work.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    texican11 wrote: »
    Reasons for dating Single Moms...
    1)Easiest ? ever...
    -All you gotta do is listen to her ? about how hard the singl mother life is...
    -Sell them the dream that you gonna clean their previous mess (a.k.a. the little bastard)
    2)Cheap Dates...
    -Ask her out, 9 out 10 times she is gonna say NO cuz she cant get a babysitter
    3)You can go out the clubs/bars and troll/creep for new ? (While she stays at home taking care of "Junior")
    -If she says something/Gets out of pocket...You can always say something smart to hurt her feelings...
    -"? what are you bringing to the table, other than another dudes crying baby and a tired ? "...
    4)If you are just ? ...
    -You know that the fridge is always well stocked cuz of them food stamps

Reasons for NOT dating single moms
    1)BabyDaddy Drama...
    -For some reason the dude thinks he will always own the ? ..
    2) If for some reason you end up marrying the slightly-used-merchandise...
    -Say bye to your hard earned money cuz its going to some little dude who is NOT even your blood
    3)Can NOT discipline the bastard cuz he would pull the "you are NOT my real daddy" card

-

Exactly why I cant do it....
  • Gnawledgeable
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Because he's not what I want and I'm not what he needs...it would never work.

Why you had a baby by him? See stuff like this is justifies my statements. You females create deadbeats yourself.
  • texican11
    texican11 Members Posts: 447
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Why you had a baby by him? See stuff like this is justifies my statements. You females create deadbeats yourself.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

LoL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kat2180
    edited March 2010
    Options

That's a good question. I made an unwise choice and the outcome of that choice was a pregnancy, however it wasn't my daughter's fault and I wasn't going to ? her for something I chose to do. If that means I have to be a single mother then so be it.

I could say oh you went to jail? Why did you make that choice to do something illegal? Life is a learning process and sometimes we mess up. I feel like how we handle and learn from those mistakes is what should determine the quality of a person. Nobody is perfect.
  • ItsBboy!
    ItsBboy! Members Posts: 398 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The biggest reason for me isn't even that Im puttin on my cape to save her from her and another ? mess. That's second. My biggest reason for not wanting a single mother is that (If she's a good mother) I'll NEVER come first no matter what. They really can't win with me, unfortunately. Im young enough and have my life together enough to still be able to aspire toward building a traditional family where the love/authority/time is shared equally from start to finish.

• Gnawledgeable
    edited March 2010
    Options
    That's a good question. I made an unwise choice and the outcome of that choice was a pregnancy, however it wasn't my daughter's fault and I wasn't going to ? her for something I chose to do. If that means I have to be a single mother then so be it.

I could say oh you went to jail? Why did you make that choice to do something illegal? Life is a learning process and sometimes we mess up. I feel like how we handle and learn from those mistakes is what should determine the quality of a person. Nobody is perfect.

Yes nobody is perfect but I assume by the time you're over 25 which I know you are, you should know better. See like I say, females knew from the beginning and then wanna play victim. It's a difference if he just changed up and couldn't handle responsibility (which I doubt in your case).
  • kat2180
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yes nobody is perfect but I assume by the time you're over 25 which I know you are, you should know better. See like I say, females knew from the beginning and then wanna play victim. It's a difference if he just changed up and couldn't handle responsibility (which I doubt in your case).

There are other circumstances that I'm not in the mood to talk about right now, but really it wouldn't matter anyway. It is what it is and this is my life now. I'm cool with it and if there is a good man out there that's cool with it too, great...if not, that's fine too.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    Do you think that scenario is the norm though?

it's ideal, and pretty much the kind of cautiousness i would expect when dealing with a female who already has a kid...if i feel shorty is being overly wreckless with her kids, it's a deal breaker
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You know society's backwards when single mothers are "heroes".....
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You know society's backwards when single mothers are "heroes".....

damn. you been going hard on single mothers all day and night

were you orphaned by your mommy, lil ?
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    damn. you been going hard on single mothers all day and night

were you orphaned by your mommy, lil ?

Not at all. My parents have been married 30+ years and are the archetype of black love. They have given me the perfect example of how a real relationship works. My woman's parents have been married 30+years as well. We draw our examples from them.

Though we've had our problems, I'm here for her, she's here for me. Again, until society stops exalting single motherhood, communities will continue to suffer and America will continue to be reduced to a mockery....
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Not at all. My parents have been married 30+ years and are the archetype of black love. They have given me the perfect example of how a real relationship works. My woman's parents have been married 30+years as well. We draw our examples from them.

Though we've had our problems, I'm here for her, she's here for me. Again, until society stops exalting single motherhood, communities will continue to suffer and America will continue to be reduced to a mockery....

Well congratulations on your parents 30+ years of marriage. But this is the real world. Welcome to it.

Couples break up, spouses die, people have kids out of wedlock. The divorce rate in the country is at about 50%. Some kids are going to grow up in single parent homes.

How about going hard on women who have multiple abortions? Going hard on women who ? their children or that give them up for adoption?

Its a bit harder to do that, because they are more difficult to spot since their kids arent with them.

Single black mothers are not why America is considered a mockery. Our ignorance of other cultures, insourmountable debt, false sense of entitlement, and hypocritical foreign policies are.

You come off as a sheltered black kid trapped in a white kids body trapped in a Disney movie.