Who can rap better? Lloyd Banks or Rick Ross?

Options

Comments

• MrCrafty
    MrCrafty Members Posts: 1,624
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Fantastic cop out. Basically an excuse for a rapper who fails to produce standout lyricism. Rap use to be heavy on fine lyrics. Now its "Oh but hes a different kind of rapper". Like somehow being this "different kind of rapper" makes it impossible to produce fine lyricism. Like there hasn't been rappers heavy on fabricated drug talk that also been recognized for murdering tracks.

N i guess phony ? hoe & bugs monkey are also fine examples of these "fine lyrics" u chattin about
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    MrGuns wrote: »
    how does blanks go from a platinum selling album to barley moving 82k units?

Units sold is irrelevant in this discussion.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    ? !....."THAT MUUUUNKEE TALK WONT DO IT MUUUUNKEE" -ROZAy

yeah tru but lloyd pummper was CHEATIN he had da cracka feminem on his album & still GGGG-UFLOP;d smh

You still mad Jamacia is your kinfolk?
    ? , I'd be tight too...
  • MrCrafty
    edited June 2011
    Options
    h-rap 180 wrote: »

oh my bad i thought he was replicating the images on money, i didnt know he was giving love to slave-owners, but now that i know that im not going to stop using u.s. Currenecy, im just going to use my debit/credit cards.

http://www.urbanink.com/view-article.php?serial=283

urban ink: What are you getting done right now?

rick ross: Adding definition to some pyramids, some pharaohs, my marijuana leaf. Just bringing the detail out of my previous tattoos, as well as adding new vibes.

what was the last new tattoo you got?

akhenaten and nefertiti, egyptian sh*t--it's just dope monument statues and sh*t like that. Ancient history--it's dope.

why dont you tell the whole story?? Why didnt you mention the fact that he has akheneten, nefrtititi, pyramids, pharaohs and "egyptian ? " tatooed on his body if you are going to talk about tattoo's.

seriously who can "rap" better canibus or tupac....you guys can have the "rappers", just give us the complete artists who can give us the total package.

well damn!!
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Fantastic cop out. Basically an excuse for a rapper who fails to produce standout lyricism. Rap use to be heavy on fine lyrics. Now its "Oh but hes a different kind of rapper". Like somehow being this "different kind of rapper" makes it impossible to produce fine lyricism. Like there hasn't been rappers heavy on fabricated drug talk that also been recognized for murdering tracks.

and before rap was heavy on fine lyrics it was heavy on cardboard chicken talk and partying
    ? is your point?
  • MrGuns
    MrGuns Confirm Email Posts: 526
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol wooodface probably PUNISH;D lloyd pumper wit a gggay-unit ? fa them PLASTIC numberz

o hell nah lol u is gonna have 2 name namez cuz i dont rememba nobody eva goin from PLATINUM 2 PLASTIC by they 3rd solo plus u gotta rememba lloyd pumper was sellin off da ggggay-unit brandname so now that da ggggggay-unit is dead brick bankz mainstream career is DEAD no mo gold & platinum

c/s,,,,,atleast u cant understand everythang that comez outta fabz mouf unlike lloyd frog mouf pumper..,,.

he prolly had blanks shook like he did in this video with the feminemeemezzierr phaggot in the room
  • bmoreeast
    bmoreeast Members Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

Actually it wasnt a cop-out i think that Ross is a Dope lyricist that makes way better music then Banks.

Now as far as us just going off of lyricism and quotables not albums then i would have to go wit Banks.

Theres just a big difference in their music so its hard to make a true assessment of who's better. Banks got bars but his music isnt consistent where as Ross can rap also and his music is hella cosistent. So who would be the winner in that aspect??
  • Who Cares???
    Who Cares??? Members Posts: 1,167
    edited June 2011
    Options
    and before rap was heavy on fine lyrics it was heavy on cardboard chicken talk and partying
    ? is your point?

As rap evolved, it got extremely better. What you're doing is basically condoning is raps devolution. I now see why you're a rick ross fan.
  • MrGuns
    edited June 2011
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    Units sold is irrelevant in this discussion.

next time direct your statement to the munnkeee enforcer who brought up numbers in the first place.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited June 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

Oh my bad I thought he was replicating the images on money, I didnt know he was giving love to slave-owners, but now that I know that Im not going to stop using U.S. currenecy, Im just going to use my debit/credit cards.

http://www.urbanink.com/view-article.php?serial=283

URBAN INK: What are you getting done right now?

Rick Ross: Adding definition to some pyramids, some pharaohs, my marijuana leaf. Just bringing the detail out of my previous tattoos, as well as adding new vibes.

What was the last new tattoo you got?

Akhenaten and Nefertiti, Egyptian sh*t--it's just dope monument statues and sh*t like that. Ancient history--it's dope.

Why dont you tell the whole story?? Why didnt you mention the fact that he has Akheneten, Nefrtititi, pyramids, pharaohs and "Egyptian ? " tatooed on his body if you are going to talk about Tattoo's.

Seriously who can "rap" better Canibus or Tupac....you guys can have the "rappers", just give us the complete artists who can give us the total package.

i will neva understand these stupid fukz on herr talkin about ross got slavemasterz tatt;d on him when they got them same slavemasterz n they pocket thatz if they got $ cuz those is deadpresident dolla bill facez tatz smh
    MrGuns wrote: »
    he prolly had blanks shook like he did in this video with the feminemeemezzierr phaggot in the room

smh@ them 3 bitchz
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

What planet are you from??

When was rap "heavy on fine lyrics" was this during the Kurtis Blow era?? the Run-Dmc era?? the Tupac era or the LiL Wayne era??

Anybody that is a student of HipHop culture or knows the culture knows that the basic fundamental for an M.C. was to have the ability to Move the Crowd.

When is the last time time you heard a Chuck D. quotable or people talk about Chuck D.'s "standout lyricism"...exactly you havent and you never will because he was just as simplistic or even more simplistic as the rappers you listen to in 2011.
  • MrCrafty
    edited June 2011
    Options
    As rap evolved, it got extremely better. What you're doing is basically condoning is raps devolution. I now see why you're a rick ross fan.

so u admittin nikkaz hu went out n bought grodt was condonin raps devolution?
  • MrGuns
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i will neva understand these stupid fukz on herr talkin about ross got slavemasterz tatt;d on him when they got them same slavemasterz n they pocket thatz if they got $ cuz those is deadpresident dolla bill facez tatz smh

smh@ them 3 bitchz

• StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »
    if that's the case prove me wrong....drop some hot Rick Ross quotables, if not shut the ? up.
    50 on a good day could bodied Ross.

Shall I bump the Rozay quotables thread for you?? Im sorry but you just flat out ignant if you think 50 is even in the same league lyrically as Ross. You joking right?
  • Who Cares???
    Who Cares??? Members Posts: 1,167
    edited June 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    What planet are you from??

When was rap "heavy on fine lyrics" was this during the Kurtis Blow era?? the Run-Dmc era?? the Tupac era or the LiL Wayne era??

Anybody that is a student of HipHop culture or knows the culture knows that the basic fundamental for an M.C. was to have the ability to Move the Crowd.

When is the last time time you heard a Chuck D. quotable or people talk about Chuck D.'s "standout lyricism"...exactly you havent and you never will because he was just as simplistic or even more simplistic as the rappers you listen to in 2011.

Lets put it this way, maybe in you're circle where random kids on twitter brings credibility, they don't note Chucks lyricism and quote it. But I know many people that do. Don't question my knowledge of hip hop then disrespect the words of one of the greatest lyricist to ever touch a mic. Don't play stupid. P.Diddy can move the crowd with the best of then. Yet, is he regarded as a top tier MC? I don't do this corny back and forth ? you people love, so I'll leave it at this. You got a preference and so do I.
  • BackInWhite
    edited June 2011
    Options

rick ross lyrically>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>chuck d
  • MrCrafty
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »
    if that's the case prove me wrong....drop some hot Rick Ross quotables, if not shut the ? up.
    50 on a good day could bodied Ross.

BOOOY don't beg for it lmfao

Drop sum 50 quotables first, SO I COULD LAUGH IN UR FACE
  • bmoreeast
    bmoreeast Members Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lets put it this way, maybe in you're circle where random kids on twitter brings credibility, they don't notes Chucks lyricism. But I know many people that do. Don't question my knowledge of hip hop then disrespect the words of one of the greatest lyricist to ever touch a mic. Don't play stupid. P.Diddy can move the crowd with the best of then. Yet, is he regarded as a top tier MC? I don't do this corny back and forth ? you people love, so I'll leave it at this. You got a preference and so do I.

Chuck D is considered a lyricist????

And by the way its a forum Homie so its not really corny back in forth its just people stating their opinion dont take it so serious.
  • BackInWhite
    edited June 2011
    Options
    bmoreeast wrote: »
    Chuck D is considered a lyricist????

And by the way its a forum Homie so its not really corny back in forth its just people stating their opinion dont take it so serious.

lol
    how that ? too cool to participate in a thread but he got a screen name
    go back to lurkin, doggie
  • H-Rap 180
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lets put it this way, maybe in you're circle where random kids on twitter brings credibility, they don't notes Chucks lyricism. But I know many people that do. Don't question my knowledge of hip hop then disrespect the words of one of the greatest lyricist to ever touch a mic. Don't play stupid. P.Diddy can move the crowd with the best of then. Yet, is he regarded as a top tier MC? I don't do this corny back and forth ? you people love, so I'll leave it at this. You got a preference and so do I.

KNEEGROW PLEASE

Maybe in your world were a ? like Flava Flav can bring credibility to a group like Public Enemy while smoking ? , eating chickens and picking digital-cotton on VH1 while tounge-kissing Hungarian white ? .

I dont need some Suburbanite kneegrows in Public Enemy to tell me about the struggle, that ? is fabricated to me but it made sense when Chuck D talked all that Black ? and then went and got a job at FOX news like a good ni99er.

Boy, my knowledge on HipHop is beyond your comprehension, Im a 2nd generation HipHopper when my mother was pregnant with me my daddy put headphones up to my mothers belly playing LL. Cool J., My daddy bought me the "Purple Tape", you cant tell me ? about this.
  • pothead420
    pothead420 Members Posts: 2,072 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    My daddy bought Purple Tape u can't tell me ? lmao
    I'm in tears right now
  • H-Rap 180
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You can try to spin it into 'he was replicating money' but as u can se he dont Have MONEY Tatted on him

He has portraits of white slave owners

I also couldn't care less about rick ross tats cuz unlike your infatuation wit 50 I don't pay ross no attention,I don't bump his music or keep up wit his life

Ross dont exist to me

All I see is some buck eyed millennium ? paying homage to crackas who enslaved black people

They both are rappers they both make rap music.Banks is a better rapper

Thats the thread premise not who the better artist

rick_ross_displays_a_new_tattoo_of_the_state_of_florida_on_his_forhead_5282144.jpg

If white people were slave-owners why would you sign yourself to a white rappers label?? Shady/Interscope.

Only a handful of rappers in the history of the game have been signed to a slavemasters child (Emenim), a tattoo can be removed with a Laser, but a legacy is etched in stone.

Everyone pays very close attention to Rozay...so close that we know what tattoos are on his naked chest.

Lloyd Banks is the greatest rapper that ever existed on the planet earth but on saturday night nobody is playing his music, or spending money to hear it on a C.D. or at a concert.

Lloyd Banks is the best rapper in the world but most rappers and fans would prefer listening to someone else.

Lloyd Banks is the most skilled lyricist to ever bless a mic but tonight at the B.E.T awards him and his Munkee-men wont be in attendance because we have banished them from our midst.

Sure Lloyd Banks is the greatest rapper that ever lived with his mumbling-Mummy, Gargamel, cookie-munster flow, but the majority of us would rather have HOT music than a HOT 16 bars...............

Lloyd Banks can be the better rapper, just remember who is the better C.E.O., artist, hustler, performer, entertainer, and creator of songs and albums. :)

rickrossfiancee.jpg
    Hallelujah
  • edutained_by_hh
    edutained_by_hh Members Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options

smh@ them 3 bitchz

Thats very flawed logic. You have a choice to have get a tatoo of "slave masters", do we really have a say in who is on our currency? Can we go about our business without tatoos? Yes. Can we go about our business without the US dollar (if in the States)? No. You should really never bring that silly logic, it just makes you seem desperate to defend Ross.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Thats very flawed logic. You have a choice to have get a tatoo of "slave masters", do we really have a say in who is on our currency? Can we go about our business without tatoos? Yes. Can we go about our business without the US dollar (if in the States)? No. You should really never bring that silly logic, it just makes you seem desperate to defend Ross.

gtfoh u dumb ? those r DEAD PRESIDENT DOLLA BILL FACEZ TATZ rozay lovez $ u dumb ? that ? has nuttin 2 do wit slavemasterz itz about MONEY again any body that is blk sayin that stupid ? betta not have a dolla n they pocket! i cant believe i gotta xplain this ? 2 sum u dumb fukz on herr smh
  • MrCrafty
    edited June 2011
    Options
    h-rap 180 wrote: »
    rick_ross_displays_a_new_tattoo_of_the_state_of_florida_on_his_forhead_5282144.jpg

if white people were slave-owners why would you sign yourself to a white rappers label?? shady/interscope.

Only a handful of rappers in the history of the game have been signed to a slavemasters child (emenim), a tattoo can be removed with a laser, but a legacy is etched in stone.

everyone pays very close attention to rozay...so close that we know what tattoos are on his naked chest.

lloyd banks is the greatest rapper that ever existed on the planet earth but on saturday night nobody is playing his music, or spending money to hear it on a c.d. Or at a concert.

Lloyd banks is the best rapper in the world but most rappers and fans would prefer listening to someone else.

Lloyd banks is the most skilled lyricist to ever bless a mic but tonight at the b.e.t awards him and his munkee-men wont be in attendance because we have banished them from our midst.

Sure lloyd banks is the greatest rapper that ever lived with his mumbling-mummy, gargamel, cookie-munster flow, but the majority of us would rather have hot music than a hot 16 bars...............

Lloyd banks can be the better rapper, just remember who is the better c.e.o., artist, hustler, performer, entertainer, and creator of songs and albums. :)

rickrossfiancee.jpg
    hallelujah

winnin!!!!