ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3 Thread

Options

Comments

• a_wack_poster
    a_wack_poster Members Posts: 588 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Nova plays like Iron Man/Super Skrull from what I see. Phoenix Wright? Whatever. He was pretty much put in because of fanboys.

I'm still ? about Tron. I doubt I even buy this ? until their next big balance update. Because we all know its coming.

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    wtf @ phoenix wrights specials lol ? are so weird
  • a_wack_poster
    edited October 2011
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    What !!??? I main Tron what'd they do to Tron :( !???? Someone please tell me !

pretty much made gustaff flame assist useless, made her only approach (j. H) knock opponents back farther, making it harder to combo. the hit stun deterioration across the board made it to where her 30 second combos are no more. She got a few buffs, but her nerfs were in areas she didnt need.

I always said her gustaff flame was easy to punish. Dante, wolverine, wesker, x-23 all could mash crouching l to hit her out.and beam characters destroyed her for free. IMO it was the only thing needed to be changed.

From what players are saying she is near the bottom now with haggar and hsien-ko. she was already low-mid tier to begin with. I ran with x-23 tron and morrigan, at least my other 2 are getting better.

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    They actually put that wack ass lawyer in this ? ?! Meanwhile Onimusha is just forgotten about. They could of put Asura to help promo his new game. Got Ryu from Breathe Of Fire. Or..... or.... ah, ? it.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    They actually put that wack ass lawyer in this ? ?! Meanwhile Onimusha is just forgotten about. They could of put Asura to help promo his new game. Got Ryu from Breathe Of Fire. Or..... or.... ah, ? it.

They cant use Samanosuke or Jubei from the Onimusha series because they're based on the likeness of actual actors. They'd have to use the dude from Dawn of Dreams.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Seasons Beatings 2011:Velocity is starting today. Might be the hypest tournament of the year

stream starts @ 1 or 2 pm eastern today

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Columbus, Ohio: Season's Beatings Velocity, October 14 - 16. The fighting game community's second largest tournament is taking place this weekend, and all sorts of amazing competitors will be on hand, including TH|Poongko, EG|Justin Wong, Uryo,MCZ|Tokido, MCZ|Mago, EG|Momochi, cc.coL|Combofiend, DMG|PR Balrog, cc.coL|Mike Ross, EG|Ricky Ortiz, WolfKrone, BA|Viscant, Infiltration, Laugh and more people than we could possibly list here. This event is going to be GDLK, and Team Sp00ky will be providing an excellent live feed for viewers at home. 2 p.m.ish EDT start time on Friday. This is a can't miss event.
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Seasons Beatings 2011:Velocity is starting today. Might be the hypest tournament of the year

stream starts @ 1 or 2 pm eastern today

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Columbus, Ohio: Season's Beatings Velocity, October 14 - 16. The fighting game community's second largest tournament is taking place this weekend, and all sorts of amazing competitors will be on hand, including TH|Poongko, EG|Justin Wong, Uryo,MCZ|Tokido, MCZ|Mago, EG|Momochi, cc.coL|Combofiend, DMG|PR Balrog, cc.coL|Mike Ross, EG|Ricky Ortiz, WolfKrone, BA|Viscant, Infiltration, Laugh and more people than we could possibly list here. This event is going to be GDLK, and Team Sp00ky will be providing an excellent live feed for viewers at home. 2 p.m.ish EDT start time on Friday. This is a can't miss event.

stream is on now, today is supposed to be all MVC
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2011
    Options
    roflmao @ that Mike Ross match
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Heroes vs. Heralds trailer for UMvC3, the return of parries

Updated: If you want to see an updated CG trailer with more scenes, hit the jump.

Shaky cam footage of the Heroes vs. Heralds mode trailer for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was uploaded by Gamersxtreme.org. This was taken from the New York Comic-Con panel.

Stay locked in till the end of the video for the return of something a lot of fighting game fans have been asking for... parries.

In a post from iPlayWinner we hear some details about a new mode called Heroes and Heralds. It appears to be some sort Street Fighter X Tekkens gem system by adding in special features via cards you collect offline.

This mode will be free DLC post-launch.

A totally new way to play the game. Add abilities using cards, ala Gems or System Direction. Abilities include Parry, Assist Super Armor, XFactor Blowback, Dizzying Attacks, Projectile Invincibility, Special cancels into Specials, Invisibility, etc. Over 100 cards, equip 3 at once, 1.12 million total combinations.
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2011
    Options
    IGN made a small post talking about the Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 panel at New York Comic-Con. They are saying that Galactus will be a playable character in a special mode.

Basically, Galactus inhabits the right side of the screen from the waist up and blasts, crushes, and pounds his enemies. He had no health bar and seemed to take no damage. The panel described this as its own mode.
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Somebody explain how the buttons will be changed?
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Somebody explain how the buttons will be changed?

I dont think they will
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If you buy it on newegg.com in the next 3 days you can get it for $10 off

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 $10 discount deal on Newegg.com

A couple of users wrote in to say that tech product site Newegg is having a 72-hour sale on a lot of products and surprisingly enough, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 preorders are on their promotional list.

You can save 10$ and get free three-day shipping if you order it from their site, but this naturally means you won't be able to get a copy on the launch date. Still, if you want to shave the price off your copy of UMvC3 then this site is the only one so far to offer any sort of sale.

The promotional codes for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are listed below.
    EMCJKHK97 - Xbox 360 copy
    EMCJKHK98 - PS3 copy
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

A couple of users wrote in to say that tech product site Newegg is having a 72-hour sale on a lot of products and surprisingly enough, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 preorders are on their promotional list.

You can save 10$ and get free three-day shipping if you order it from their site, but this naturally means you won't be able to get a copy on the launch date. Still, if you want to shave the price off your copy of UMvC3 then this site is the only one so far to offer any sort of sale.

EMCJKHK98 - PS3 copy

Yeah, figured i'd take advantage. Just hope they dont pull another version, ? is getting annoying
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

EMCJKHK98 - PS3 copy

Hell ? yeah...
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lol this is the only character Im hype for, I think hes gonna be the new Cable

Seth briefly covers some of Rocket Raccoon's abilities in UMvC3
    Posted by Catalyst on Oct. 29, 2011 at 9:59 a.m.
    Seth briefly covers some of Rocket Raccoon's abilities in UMvC3 Seth Killian dropped a few notes on Twitter concerning what Rocket Raccoon's abilities will be in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Don't blink or this one will pass you by quickly. Here's everything he had to say.

Rocket Raccoon rocket-skating in as we speak. Big guns, face-clawing, tricks, traps, and... burrowing :)

Tip from Alex_MMorales and Androu1.
  • a_wack_poster
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Rocket Raccoon better have health like Zero or Strider.
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2011
    Options
    [IMG]http://i.annihil.us/u/? /marvel//universe3zx/images/3/37/RR_1.JPG[/IMG]

rocket-raccoon-guardians.jpg

• focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The ? is coming today!

1030_sf5future.jpg

Street Fighter 5 in 'far distant future', UMvC3 announcement soon Capcom's Wes Phillips, Yoshinori Ono and Christian Svensson all took turns responding to fans or making notable comments recently. For those of you hoping to see a Street Fighter 5 announcement in the near future, it's probably a good idea not to hold your breath, as Ono said the title it's a ways off.

Those of you waiting for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 announcements don't have long to go though, as they'll be happening tomorrow on Halloween.

Wes Phillips: We have so much Capcom new-ness dropping tomorrow (Monday). Frank West. Rocket Raccoon. Zombies. Golems with laser beams. We own Halloween.

When Street Fighter V is coming out? Lol — YasserEMM

Ono: Hahaha, it's far-distant future! ;P

We still have a lot of hope to get Street Fighter Alpha 3 remade in HD. — Demploth

Ono: I think so that's is good! But, we have a lot of project... ;(

Poor Ono-san, I bet you're so sick of Street Fighter, *laughs* — Firstaidspray

Ono: Hahaha, I have enjoyed a fulfilling life of making SF series! ;D

What ever happened to taking care of the SSF4 AE PC leaderboard hackers? — Eternal

Svensson: I need to check on this again with Microsoft. In short, anyone who hacked the boards, will have the account banned. Could they buy the game again, and do it again? I suppose... we'll have Microsoft just ban that one too.

I recently made a suggestion about a remake for Street Fighter 1. It should have an updated engine and graphics, like HD Remix. — Karin

Svensson: SF1 was extremely important to Capcom, but unfortunately, it wasn't a great game and the difficulty was absolutely brutal. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Dat ? .......

Frank West looks better than TvC Frank
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I lost. Smh @ me not realizing that the "? " you were referring to meant raccoon. And here I thought it was gonna be an actual house ? lol