ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3 Thread

Options

Comments

• kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'm digging Double R. But Frank West and Phoenix...... they could of done better.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    I'm digging Double R. But Frank West and Phoenix...... they could of done better.

They could have but ? that, Frank West looks ill. Mix ups all day with that roll move.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lmao!!!

img0834m.jpg
  • Bcotton5
    edited November 2011
    Options
    EG|Justin Wong has been putting out tons of great Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 information on Twitter recently. He talks about who he believes are some of the high tier characters in this very early stage of the game, how various assists and moves stack up and a run down of viable teams, plus more.

Make sure you follow Justin on Twitter, as there's even more information there for you to check out. Here's a run down, hit the jump for a lot more.

How is Vergil? Is he a viable character? I was thinking of a Vergil, Wesker, Strider team. I would appreciate your opinion. — iGoTzPancaKeMix

EG|Justin Wong: You probably named one of the cheapest teams ever. Vergil, Strider and Wesker might be one of the top teams in the game for sure :(

Vergil is probably the best out of the new characters and Strider comes next and the 3rd is Ghost Rider in my opinion. Other characters have potential.

EG|Justin Wong: ? Wesker!!! He might be the best character... 600k combo without super or assist... No glasses Wesker!!! ?

Vergil does that without assist too [600k combo]. — PR_Balrog

EG|Justin Wong: But Vergil is over used I don't like that.

What's the deal on Vergil at the moment? — ShinOni

EG|Justin Wong: Too cheap.

Do you feel that the new characters overshadow the vanilla roster? — Krusiv

EG|Justin Wong: No. Vanilla characters like Wesker, Zero, Storm and X-23 are good :)

How's my boy Chris Redfield in Ultimate MvC3? — M_Yonts2010

EG|Justin Wong: I think Chris is pretty good.

Does Nova have a shot to be good? — Katsumaro

EG|Justin Wong: I think he's mid [tier].

Hmm. A team of Iron Fist/Nova/Frank West is fun. Storm is a really good character for this game mechanics. Pair with Wesker/X-23/Felicia/etc.

What do you think of Strider/Vergil/Dante (whatever order)... do you think this works or would task and Zero be better due to meter? — CD_101

EG|Justin Wong: Yup, it would work.

Do you think that Ironfist is a competitive character? — ArcadiaSeliane

EG|Justin Wong: Hard to win with.

Your new team is Storm, X-23, and Frank West. Just letting you know so you don't have to put too much thought into it. — Zero_The_Shadow

EG|Justin Wong: That is one of my teams, but I like Felicia too.

Hoping to play Frank West. Think he has any synergy with Ghost Rider or Iron Fist in terms of leveling up? — johnnystar86

EG|Justin Wong: Yup.

Felicia is amazing. Phoenix Wright might be.... Bleh not too sure.

Ghost Rider I thought would be lame but I like full screen combos lmao.

I have the most fun with team Iron Fist/Nova/Shopping cart but I love Storm/whatever/shopping cart lololol.

Found 700k plus combos with Nova and Iron Fist with one meter, no assist. Gogogo!!

Found any use for Felicia's Air Delta Kick? — Dawgtanian

EG|Justin Wong: It's pretty awesome.

Which assist do you think will be good in this game? Is Akuma tatsu assist still worth it? Since opponent flips out fast from it. — BloodCain

EG|Justin Wong: It's still good and Strider teleport kick assist with shopping cart Frank West is good.

This shopping cart assist is ? me off... — TheRedRapper

EG|Justin Wong: It's the best.

How good is Frank West as an anchor? — Alfrebaut

EG|Justin Wong: Not a great anchor like Akuma but it's doable.

So does Frank West's Shopping Cart go great with everything? — tehrebound

EG|Justin Wong: Pretty much.

Is it OTG? — tehrebound

EG|Justin Wong: Just a cheap lockdown.
  • Bcotton5
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lol everybody got this ? already, its like 5 ppl playing on my friend list
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    lol everybody got this ? already, its like 5 ppl playing on my friend list

Damn shame too,

People in my area were going all over the Metropolitan Area trying to get the hookup.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Got mine coming in the mail on tuesday
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Hittin the midnight release tonight
  • Bcotton5
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    so....if u bought this already, are u getting the new characters via DLC or is Capcom jewing everyone again?
  • Bcotton5
    edited November 2011
    Options
    so....if u bought this already, are u getting the new characters via DLC or is Capcom jewing everyone again?

its a whole new game, they couldnt make this DLC, its not a full price game its only 39.99

New special movie trailer on the Capcom JPN website, ? is crazy

http://www.capcom.co.jp/mvsc3/trailer_title.html
  • Bcotton5
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Its on youtube now, Magneto is a beast lol
  • earth two superman
    edited November 2011
    Options
    magneto always was my favorite x-man. intro makes the game look cooler than it probably is IMO. but 40 isnt bad at all. May pick it up with Rayman Origins and pay it all of with store credit and a gift card that um.... ''didnt work'' lol

so this will get me the new characters, PLUS the DLC characters, right?
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The ultimate crossover just got a little bit more ultimate.

It took Capcom over a decade to release the follow up to Marvel vs. Capcom 2, one of the most beloved 2D fighters ever created. Fans clamored for a proper sequel, and earlier this year we got one in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. The game was a great fighter that pushed the series forward in many ways, but drew criticism for a lack of modes and a smaller fighter roster than its predecessors. Now, not even a year later, Capcom has released the inevitable redux, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 makes all the customary moves for a Capcom update, bringing in new fighters, new stages, and a few additional features while retaining the crazy sense of style that gives the series distinction in the fighting game genre. The new changes will be great for ? fans of the franchise, but as a retail package it's awfully short on new modes and added features.

Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Video Review

One of the main gripes that fans of the franchise had with Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was the condensed roster. The Marvel vs. Capcom games have always had a pretty full grouping of fighters from both sides, but Marvel vs. Capcom 3 dropped the full count of playable characters to thirty-six total fighters. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 adds in twelve more, six from Marvel and six from Capcom. Throw in the two downloadable characters, Jill Valentine and Shuma-Gorath and the full UMvC3 roster hits a not-too-shabby fifty total fighters.

The new characters are pretty varied in terms of fighting styles as well as usefulness. Aside from one returning character from Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Strider Hiryu, the rest of the added characters are brand new to the series. The line-up ranges from solid new characters like Ghost Rider, Doctor Strange, and Frank West (I'm curious why it took so long for them to be featured on the roster), and the customarily weird additions, like Rocket Raccoon and Phoenix Wright. Phoenix Wright's inclusion feels like pure fan service and he isn't particularly adept at fighting (his moves mostly consist of chucking papers around and falling on the ground), but the remaining newcomers are actually pretty good.

ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-20110816084945034_1321260721.jpg
    Doctor Strange and Nemesis make solid additions to the Marvel vs. Capcom roster.

One of the much-vaunted new modes in the game is the new Heroes and Heralds mode, but this was not included on the disc and thus was not available by the writing of this review. Aside from Heroes and Heralds and a Spectator Mode, which allows you to watch two online players pummel on each other, UMvC3 is pretty light on new modes, repeating one of the original grievances that players had with Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

The inclusion of the new characters is definitely a welcome addition that rectifies one of the main issues with Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but the game is still pretty light on new modes and features for a full-on retail release. The new characters could have been added as a downloadable pack (or a few downloadable packs) for owners of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 as well, but purchasing the disc is currently the only way to get your hands on the new fighters. Spending forty bucks for something that could have been potentially released as downloadable content is a tough pill to swallow as this will likely appeal most to players who already forked over the cash for the full-priced original game.

ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-20110720092227191_1321260923.jpg
    Strider Hiryu is the only new character to have been playable in a previous MvC game.

Graphically, UMvC3 has the same stylish look as MvC3, which is great. What the character's lack in detail they make up for in personality, and the brightly colored and intense special effects give the game a unique sense of style and near seizure-inducing visual pop and flair. The crazy characters and insane special combos and moves make Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 a visual treat that stands alone against other fighters out there.

The menus in the game have gotten an overhaul, with a more comic book inspired aesthetic than the previous game. The character select menu has been reworked to separate the Marvel characters from the Capcom fighters, which makes it a little easier to find specific characters in the roster.

Closing Comments
    If you skipped out on Marvel vs. Capcom 3 earlier this year or simply heard about the Ultimate version and opted to wait it out, you’ll find a lot to love in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. The added characters round out the roster very nicely, bolstering the full lineup to potentially fifty. However, if you’re looking for something more than added characters and stages, UMvC3 doesn’t add much in the way of new features and modes, making the forty dollar price tag and retail-only package a little hard to swallow.

Presentation 8.5
    The game’s menus have received a onceover, offering a more comic book inspired look. The character select screen has been cleaned up, separating the Marvel and Capcom characters from each other.

Graphics 8.5
    The aesthetic is largely the same as it was in MvC3, with bright and intense special effects and crazy hyper combos giving the game a different feel than other fighters.

Sound 8.0
    The soundtrack is as cheesy as it has ever been, but the voicework is pretty good.

Gameplay 8.5
    The classic 3-on-3 action from the original game has returned, and the twelve new fighters are fine additions to the game’s roster. The game is still pretty light on game modes.

Lasting Appeal 8.0
    The new characters add in some life to the gameplay, but the game is still pretty light on new modes.

OVERALL 8.5 (Great)
  • Bcotton5
    edited November 2011
    Options
    magneto always was my favorite x-man. intro makes the game look cooler than it probably is IMO. but 40 isnt bad at all. May pick it up with Rayman Origins and pay it all of with store credit and a gift card that um.... ''didnt work'' lol

so this will get me the new characters, PLUS the DLC characters, right?

the only DLC characters are Shuma Gorath and Jill Valentine, dont quote me but I think you have to buy them seperate

I bought the Collectors Edition of vanilla MVC3 and they came with it so I wouldnt know

They both suck anyway so you not missing anything lol
  • Bcotton5
    edited November 2011
    Options
    all of the characters alt/dlc costumes. Zero's alt is X lol Frank West's alt is megaman X too lol

Ammy's alt is Jon Talbain from Darkstalkers

Click the link Im not about to post 50 pictures

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/nov/13/high-resolution-umvc3-dlc-alternate-costume-images/

13_alternates55t.jpg

13_alternates31t.jpg

13_alternates01t.jpg

13_alternates03t.jpg
  • Bcotton5
    edited November 2011
    Options
    13_alternates02t.jpg

13_alternates13t.jpg

13_alternates40t.jpg

13_alternates19t.jpg

• earth two superman
    edited November 2011
    Options
    that house of M outfit >>>>>>
  • Bcotton5
    edited November 2011
    Options
    13_alternates41t.jpg

13_alternates47t.jpg

13_alternates37t.jpg

13_alternates50t.jpg

• grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    is it still the same button scheme from MvsC3 & TvsC???

i really hate the combined punch and kick button layout.
  • Bcotton5
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    hit me up mdizzle18700 psn
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Of the new characters...just initially...

Firebrand, Nova, Strider, Dr. Strange and Rocket Raccoon are nice!

Not really feelin Frank West, Iron Fist, Nemesis, Phoenix Wright, Hawkeye, Virgil or Ghost Rider