LE Tournament #3 - Predictions/? Talking Thread!!

Options

Comments

• RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    i aint no 2011 ass ? . on my mama, on B.O.S., on my kids u couldn't do ? on my block but what the folks let u do.u couldnt air out ? where im from on 66th and green and u couldnt air out ? where im out right now in nap. and u cant rap for ? neither u rhythm-less ass ? . like i said u on some front ? for non-chicago ? . bet u cant go up in cook county letting the phrases "im from fin-town" and "i'm a neutron" come out yo mouth on whateva deck u sitting on.. thoroughbreds like myself know better than that, joe. naw, lemme make it clear how far back i take it. we know better than that , chahlie knowutimtalmbout pussassnigguh?

u a silly ass ? bumpin gums, I can't even take you serious anyway you finna get knocked out the tourney, da ? ..
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    iMpIoDez wrote: »
    u a silly ass ? bumpin gums, I can't even take you serious anyway you finna get knocked out the tourney, da ? ..

lol.....gtfoh
  • deaththreats
    deaththreats Members Posts: 1,602 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Damn.... ? was turf talkin for real in this ?
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    neither rubitch or golden ? would show up
    once i ether c melendez i wont have any comp
  • C.Melendez
    C.Melendez Members Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    neither rubitch or golden ? would show up
    once i ether c melendez i wont have any comp

two words CAN'T WAIT*bart scott*
  • judahxulu
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i got a question....as far as text battles what the ? do yall define "flow" as? I be thinking its like poetic meter and rhyme structure but obviously that aint what everybody thinks it is as i see people get commended for having a "good flow" and the bars be choppy and mismatched as hell.....somebody hip me to this please..
  • nkflier23
    nkflier23 Members Posts: 719 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i got a question....as far as text battles what the ? do yall define "flow" as? I be thinking its like poetic meter and rhyme structure but obviously that aint what everybody thinks it is as i see people get commended for having a "good flow" and the bars be choppy and mismatched as hell.....somebody hip me to this please..

shouldn't it be the same as if you're reading the lyrics to a song?

"Sick sick dreams of picnic scenes, two kids, sixteen
    with M-16's and ten clips each
    And them ? reach through six kids each
    And Slim gets blamed in Bill Clint's speech to fix these streets?"

well that's jus my opinion tho
  • judahxulu
    edited July 2011
    Options
    nkflier23 wrote: »
    shouldn't it be the same as if you're reading the lyrics to a song?

"Sick sick dreams of picnic scenes, two kids, sixteen
    with M-16's and ten clips each
    And them ? reach through six kids each
    And Slim gets blamed in Bill Clint's speech to fix these streets?"

well that's jus my opinion tho

And ? i see people saying flows good on here dont look or read ? like that. ? was cool tho..that u?
  • nkflier23
    edited July 2011
    Options
    And ? i see people saying flows good on here dont look or read ? like that. ? was cool tho..that u?

lol naw that's eminem
  • judahxulu
    edited July 2011
    Options
    nkflier23 wrote: »
    lol naw that's eminem

lmbao...needless to say i dont really ? with em
  • nkflier23
    edited July 2011
    Options
    "Make ends they hate you, be broke girls won't date you
    That's why I relate to, choke your ass 'til your face blue, make you
    Open the safe too
    No matter how you call it (how you call it)
    This "bralick", alcoholic
    Like his weed green'd out like his brick solid
    Distribute to kids who, take heart like Valentine, drink Valentine, all the time
    Slugs hit you chest tap the spine
    Flat-line
    Heard through the grapevine, you got ? foe times
    Damn that three to nine, ? you up for real doe'
    "Slink steal slow"
    As you remorse we feel no"

is another example of flow that looks good in text, I think it lies in if they use punctuation so you'll know when to pause and you'll get the flow they were thinkin of
  • RiGGA
    edited July 2011
    Options
    judah mad cuz I'm flowin' but he can't grasp it...it's okay bruh my rhyme scheme is too complex for simple minds, that's why you not finna make it to battle me in the championship hahaha
  • b.c.o.dcru
    b.c.o.dcru Members Posts: 206
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I have seen verses like yours and ones that look even more complex...I always have to read raw materals verses twice.
    Your verse was a similar structure but I got it in one read...the only reason I would say something against the style is
    every line was "set up/punch, set up/punch" each bar wasn't random but there was something missing...IMO
    I'll guess your gripe is with what I posted and you not seeing the reason for some comments...I would say my style is in between
    what your looking for and a regular 123 like fazem's style if you read it the flow is there
    I think there is three lines where the bar ends without rhyming with the first line and the off word ends up rhyming in the middle of the next line
    the reason it looks mismatch...I feel u. I can't speak for others but, it's my style of writing and u don't like it...my bad
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Quick Question have any of you actually spit any of these verse you kats type on a audio track because the ? soulnd choppy and off flow for a lot of what I have read aloud no matter how I tried to read it...
  • raw-material_ahh
    raw-material_ahh Members Posts: 555
    edited July 2011
    Options

I know what you mean. Flow should not be considered in a text battle. But I think wording should. For example, someone should lose points for posting garbage like this:

Your mom is fat/
    BC when I look at her, I notice her big legs, big stomach, three chins, but I don't notice her ankles or her neck, what's up with that?/~

^^ That's trash BC the lines are very uneven and lazily written.

Before the judges began to vote, I told them to concentrate on punches, creativity, metaphors and maybe 5% on multis but for the most part, I feel like they are knowledgeable enough to distinguish between a good verse and a great verse. Tell you what, if anyone gets a vote they don't understand or agree with, I can ask the voters to explain a little more.
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I know what you mean. Flow should not be considered in a text battle. But I think wording should. For example, someone should lose points for posting garbage like this:

Your mom is fat/
    BC when I look at her, I notice her big legs, big stomach, three chins, but I don't notice her ankles or her neck, what's up with that?/~

Before the judges began to vote, I told them to concentrate on punches, creativity, metaphors and maybe 5% on multis but for the most part, I feel like they are knowledgeable enough to distinguish between a good verse and a great verse. Tell you what, if anyone gets a vote they don't understand or agree with, I can ask the voters to explain a little more.
    On that tip go ask those that judged in BCO VS Judah to explain what about the "Flow" they liked because the ? looked garbage from one of the people in that battle???
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited July 2011
    Options
    On that tip go ask those that judged in BCO VS Judah to explain what about the "Flow" they liked because the ? looked garbage from one of the people in that battle???

I will if b.c.o. and judah want me to since it's their battle.
  • RiGGA
    edited July 2011
    Options
    fazeem just cant accept the fact his bedroom-boom buddy got chewed...lmao chalk it up both of you ? goin nowhere fastttt
  • nkflier23
    edited July 2011
    Options

Your mom is fat/

lol if I had known that I wouldn't have tried to make mine flow so good
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    edited July 2011
    Options
    fazeem just cant accept the fact his bedroom-boom buddy got chewed...lmao chalk it up both of you ? goin nowhere fastttt
    I can understand why you would feel that given you write ? like you are tone death with no rhythm so ? makes sense you would root for other with your special lyrical impairments...

I get what you are saying but dif this they are judging all of our battles so if it is not sensible on 1 it makes sense that the same lack of logic will be used on others if clarity is not brought forth on what the ? they were talking about by flow. That said it will impact my future battles if they are allowed to continue to run on a messed up premise with no explanation on how they came to the flow conclusions they used to justify their votes in that battle...
  • RiGGA
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I can understand why you would feel that given you write ? like you are tone death with no rhythm so ? makes sense you would root for other with your special lyrical impairments...

I get what you are saying but dif this they are judging all of our battles so if it is not sensible on 1 it makes sense that the same lack of logic will be used on others if clarity is not brought forth on what the ? they were talking about by flow. That said it will impact my future battles if they are allowed to continue to run on a messed up premise with no explanation on how they came to the flow conclusions they used to justify their votes in that battle...

he mad....
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited July 2011
    Options

I'll talk to them a little more about judging future battles and whatnot. The 2nd round will be better. Also, there will be another tournament late summer, a few weeks after this one finishes and there will most likely be new judges. I might be a judge unless I win this tournament, then I will probably defend my crown.
  • RiGGA
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I'll talk to them a little more about judging future battles and whatnot. The 2nd round will be better. Also, there will be another tournament late summer, a few weeks after this one finishes and there will most likely be new judges. I might be a judge unless I win this tournament, then I will probably defend my crown.

Oh don't worry buddy, you won't!
  • raw-material_ahh
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Oh don't worry buddy, you won't!

LOL! GL on our rematch.

Just updated the bracket. I am making the threads now. We are going to have some crazy battles in round 2. With the exception of 1 or 2 people, I think anybody can win this whole thing.
  • judahxulu
    edited July 2011
    Options

yeah im curious about this. where was the flow at?
This discussion has been closed.