Options

Comments

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    I feel you

I always want other opinions on this tho. How you feel about the whole DMV thing ? I like what it stand for and what its trying to promote which is he unity of this area. However I cant bring myself to say it or claim it because I feel like its not genuine. I dont think the area want unity particularly those from DC. In my experiences, the only people who rep it or claim it are those from Maryland or Northern VA. You ask a DC dude where he from, you straight up getting "Im from DC". I cant even lie, I kinda like that though. I was born there but moved out to PG some years later and grew up there so when people ask where im from, Im straight up like Maryland. I think the DMV is masked with the unity thing but a lot of people hiding behind it just scared to be who they are and claim where they really from trying to cling to DC.I think thats part of the reason Wale started pushing DMV to make everybody feel included and avoid ruffling feathers from the inevitable DC Cats who was gon come out calling him a fraud.

I wrote this in another thread. This DMV thing is for cats from PG with no real identity. They hate being lumped in with Baltimore. If you out of town and tell somebody you form MD immediately they think Baltimore. That ? offends PG ? . that's why i say there has never been a DC vs Bmore beef. It's been a ? from PG claiming/pretending to be from DC beefing with folks from Baltimore. i went to college at Morgan State and that's how it went. I had no problem with anybody fro Bmore but you notice all the PG ? seemed to hate folks from Baltimore and vice versa. The Baltimore ? soon learned that the ? they beefing with aren't really from DC but from PG, Then i would meet guys from PG who would claim they from Dc. Ask them what school they went too, and they can't name one school in DC. this was my 1st tiem really seeing this. All my cousins from suitland and temple hills will proudly say that and not from DC. But there is a large wave of ? from various parts of PG tryign way to hard to say they from the city. That's why me personally I don't count Baltimore as the DMV b/c they got there own thing going. Nor does Richmond or the 757 area i VA count as the DMV b/c they got their own thing going. If you don't listen to go go you not part of the DMV.

what has stopped/changed DC ? calling these PG ? fraud is gentrification. when i was 12 seeing a white person was like seeing a pig fly. Now white folks are all over the city. Dc ? have spread to MD so heavy that the line has blurred. Pg got a lot of real ? it's the goof ? in the forefront that give them bad names or the ones faking hard to pretend they from DC.
  • lamontbdc
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Uptown81 wrote: »
    It kills me that so many people pile on Wale from DC. Mad that he aint really from the city, mad that he not a fake drug dealing rapper so we can show the rest of the world how hard DC is.....but then turn around and complain when he not helping no one else get on. Its crazy because I hear this type of nonsense all the time from people around here. I never get it, I dont care if he from PG, or Mo County or Arlington honestly, if he want to rep the area and give it some shine...more power to him. Honestly if I was him getting all the hate that he does from DC alone I would have thrown the entire city the deuces by now.

exactly see how all the smart ? saying the same exact ? . it's just a mentality that certain city cats have that will never be broken
  • beerisgood4ya
    beerisgood4ya Members Posts: 2,566
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I feel you

I always want other opinions on this tho. How you feel about the whole DMV thing ? I like what it stand for and what its trying to promote which is he unity of this area. However I cant bring myself to say it or claim it because I feel like its not genuine. I dont think the area want unity particularly those from DC. In my experiences, the only people who rep it or claim it are those from Maryland or Northern VA. You ask a DC dude where he from, you straight up getting "Im from DC". I cant even lie, I kinda like that though. I was born there but moved out to PG some years later and grew up there so when people ask where im from, Im straight up like Maryland. I think the DMV is masked with the unity thing but a lot of people hiding behind it just scared to be who they are and claim where they really from trying to cling to DC.I think thats part of the reason Wale started pushing DMV to make everybody feel included and avoid ruffling feathers from the inevitable DC Cats who was gon come out calling him a fraud.

Why do u think that the rest of the dmv is trying to cling to dc? What exactally has dc done in the game to make the other parts of the dmv want to cling to them? And I rep the dmv because I be all over the dmv, from pg to dc, to richmond and va beach ect......when u got fam and homies from all over the dmv and u have spent a lot of time in those areas, its like all them spots are home away from home. I still rep bmore first and foremost, but if someone ask me do I rep the dmv, I tell um yea. I can understand why some don't rep the dmv, I mean a lot of ? are still either beefing on some petty ? from the old jail days or hicky skool beefs, or some ? just never left there blocks and ventured out around the dmv....
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Its not many places harder to make it out of this than this area.First you gotta overcome the distractions than you gotta accept hat 50% going hate you just cause. Then another 30% claim you forgo about them and aint put them on. How can a rapper who's not even selling 200,000 or headlining his own tour put you on.

co-? sign so judgemental nd arrogant that's why the DMV will never have a movement like them Texas boys did back in 05 its hard to get support
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    I wrote this in another thread. This DMV thing is for cats from PG with no real identity. They hate being lumped in with Baltimore. If you out of town and tell somebody you form MD immediately they think Baltimore. That ? offends PG ? . that's why i say there has never been a DC vs Bmore beef. It's been a ? from PG claiming/pretending to be from DC beefing with folks from Baltimore. i went to college at Morgan State and that's how it went. I had no problem with anybody fro Bmore but you notice all the PG ? seemed to hate folks from Baltimore and vice versa. The Baltimore ? soon learned that the ? they beefing with aren't really from DC but from PG, Then i would meet guys from PG who would claim they from Dc. Ask them what school they went too, and they can't name one school in DC. this was my 1st tiem really seeing this. All my cousins from suitland and temple hills will proudly say that and not from DC. But there is a large wave of ? from various parts of PG tryign way to hard to say they from the city. That's why me personally I don't count Baltimore as the DMV b/c they got there own thing going. Nor does Richmond or the 757 area i VA count as the DMV b/c they got their own thing going. If you don't listen to go go you not part of the DMV.

what has stopped/changed DC ? calling these PG ? fraud is gentrification. when i was 12 seeing a white person was like seeing a pig fly. Now white folks are all over the city. Dc ? have spread to MD so heavy that the line has blurred. Pg got a lot of real ? it's the goof ? in the forefront that give them bad names or the ones faking hard to pretend they from DC.
    Man that line damn near non existent now. You can be whoever you want to be now with no type of verification.

i got family in DC so we stay talking bout which one better and calling each other bamas joking. This was why i never understood the whole DMV thing to an extent but i was sure it didnt come from DC.

I go 2 morgan now and I definitely know what you talking bout. Even me, being from PG i cant stand when New Yorkers, jersey or wateva try lump us in with Baltimore. I don got no hate towards them but its just not the same

cool tho, just needed another opinion to make sure i wasnt just being a hater 4 not really feeling whole DMV "movement"
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Roc Mikey huh? So this ? mad that Wale drove him into the woods to play fetch, threw a stick and drove off without him. Ol' my owner abandoned me ass ? .
  • R.D.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Why do u think that the rest of the dmv is trying to cling to dc? What exactally has dc done in the game to make the other parts of the dmv want to cling to them? And I rep the dmv because I be all over the dmv, from pg to dc, to richmond and va beach ect......when u got fam and homies from all over the dmv and u have spent a lot of time in those areas, its like all them spots are home away from home. I still rep bmore first and foremost, but if someone ask me do I rep the dmv, I tell um yea. I can understand why some don't rep the dmv, I mean a lot of ? are still either beefing on some petty ? from the old jail days or hicky skool beefs, or some ? just never left there blocks and ventured out around the dmv....

Baltimore is not even considered part of the DMV by most. Neither is VA Beach and they dont claim DMV for the record. See this adds to the problem when making fake/false movements like the DMV. Whats really considered the DMV because im telling you for a fact, not guessing that anybody from DC going tell you they from DC w/o mention of a DMV.

Check out lamont post for answers and explanations on the bolded
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Man that line damn near non existent now. You can be whoever you want to be now with no type of verification.

i got family in DC so we stay talking bout which one better and calling each other bamas joking. This was why i never understood the whole DMV thing to an extent but i was sure it didnt come from DC.

I go 2 morgan now and I definitely know what you talking bout. Even me, being from PG i cant stand when New Yorkers, jersey or wateva try lump us in with Baltimore. I don got no hate towards them but its just not the same

cool tho, just needed another opinion to make sure i wasnt just being a hater 4 not really feeling whole DMV "movement"

When I lived in Jersey I'd get mad as ? at ? for lumpin' me in with Baltimore... no disrespect to them ? but I ain't from there.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lol@ Steve Francis involvement
  • beerisgood4ya
    edited August 2011
    Options

So if u don't listen to gogo u not from the dmv? Lmfao......that's like saying, if u don't listen to jay z and nas your not from ny.......and how can u say someone is not from the dmv, when the dmv stands for dc, maryland, virgina? If u live in any part of them areas, u are in fact from the dmv.
  • R.D.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Q45T wrote: »
    When I lived in Jersey I'd get mad as ? at ? for lumpin' me in with Baltimore... no disrespect to them ? but I ain't from there.
    i feel u bruh

lol Big ass Difference them few miles from PG to Baltimore make

? up Morgan be claiming PG as their state just to make the difference known
  • R.D.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    So if u don't listen to gogo u not from the dmv? Lmfao......that's like saying, if u don't listen to jay z and nas your not from ny.......and how can u say someone is not from the dmv, when the dmv stands for dc, maryland, virgina? If u live in any part of them areas, u are in fact from the dmv.

nawww bruh...DMV was geared toward and meant to represent DC, MOCO,PG, Northern VA
  • lamontbdc
    edited August 2011
    Options

cool tho, just needed another opinion to make sure i wasn't just being a hater 4 not really feeling whole DMV "movement"

Yea the DMV movement is really for the industry. which if you are a artists is a good thing. B/c Dc and Bmore are both really small cities. it's our metro area as a whole that makes up a top media market. so if you plan on being successful you need DC, MD, and VA to support you. You need bmore and DC to support you. you can probably add DC and bmore together and the population wouldn't be close to just Manhattan.

We need bmoreeast in here. I'm sure he would say they not really part of the DMV not out of hate but b/c Bmore has their own identity. and if they are claiming the DMV then i would have no problem with it. and if folks who i never would associate with the DMV are down them I'm down with them. I just always seen it as a DC thing. College will open your eyes to a lot of ? . what's your major? do you stay on campus. dam nothing like that 1st warm day on the bridge when all the hoes come out half naked. i miss that ? some days just sitting hear at my desk.

but plain and simple. if you don't listen to go go then you not part of the DMV. that's my rule. not meaning just your personal preference but like your whole area.
  • PLASTIC RULES
    PLASTIC RULES Members Posts: 1,535 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Interesting... makes sense because he signed to Fraud Rap Music Group.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I always thought the DMV was Southern MD, DC, and NoVa....I live in PG County right now
  • lamontbdc
    edited August 2011
    Options

bad example b/c rap music isn't something only found in one certain area of the entire world. go go is only a DC and close suburbs thing.

example ppl in Bmore don't listen to go go not the DMV
    example ppl in 757 area don't listen to go go not the DMV
    example ppl in fort Washington or Seat Pleasent listen to go go they are the DMV
    example ppl in Alexandria or Arlington listen to go go they are in the DMV

it's not on a individual perspective.
  • lamontbdc
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I always thought the DMV was Southern MD, DC, and NoVa....I live in PG County right now

exactly...........................

me and my girl looking for houses out there now.
  • beerisgood4ya
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Baltimore is not even considered part of the DMV by most. Neither is VA Beach and they dont claim DMV for the record. See this adds to the problem when making fake/false movements like the DMV. Whats really considered the DMV because im telling you for a fact, not guessing that anybody from DC going tell you they from DC w/o mention of a DMV.

Check out lamont post for answers and explanations on the bolded

Lmfao.....I've never heard such ignorance in my life lol......how is baltimore not from the dmv, if the m in dmv stands for maryland? Baltimore, maryland.....Wtf??????? Who taught yahll this ? logic?
  • R.D.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yea the DMV movement is really for the industry. which if you are a artists is a good thing. B/c Dc and Bmore are both really small cities. it's our metro area as a whole that makes up a top media market. so if you plan on being successful you need DC, MD, and VA to support you. You need bmore and DC to support you. you can probably add DC and bmore together and the population wouldn't be close to just Manhattan.

We need bmoreeast in here. I'm sure he would say they not really part of the DMV not out of hate but b/c Bmore has their own identity. and if they are claiming the DMV then i would have no problem with it. and if folks who i never would associate with the DMV are down them I'm down with them. I just always seen it as a DC thing. College will open your eyes to a lot of ? . what's your major? do you stay on campus. dam nothing like that 1st warm day on the bridge when all the hoes come out half naked. i miss that ? some days just sitting hear at my desk.

but plain and simple. if you don't listen to go go then you not part of the DMV. that's my rule. not meaning just your personal preference but like your whole area.
    Im waiting to get back and thats a big reason. We almost lost our mind when Spring hit and they started coming out. Studying Information Systems though and on campus 4 one more year then prolly find a apartment in the area
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Lmfao.....I've never heard such ignorance in my life lol......how is baltimore not from the dmv, if the m in dmv stands for maryland? Baltimore, maryland.....Wtf??????? Who taught yahll this ? logic?

my best friend is a DC ? nd he told me the same ? I was surprised but the M stands for southern Maryland they dont count B-More
  • R.D.
    edited August 2011
    Options

bruh if you feeling left out, go head rep it. Personally i dont care because as Ive already said DMV really aint ? and its corny IMO. I just figured people might want to show pride in where they from because Im telling you for a fact, DMV is not really acknowledged by people from DC or Virginia outside of Northern VA. Most the people i know from Baltimore
    dont even acknowledge a DMV. They say they from Baltimore
    my best friend is a DC ? nd he told me the same ? I was surprised but the M stands for southern Maryland they dont count B-More

i thought everybody understood that and it was the general consensus
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    bruh if you feeling left out, go head rep it. Personally i dont care because as Ive already said DMV really aint ? and its corny IMO. I just figured people might want to show pride in where they from because Im telling you for a fact, DMV is not really acknowledged by people from DC or Virginia outside of Northern VA. Most the people i know from Baltimore
    dont even acknowledge a DMV. They say they from Baltimore

i thought everybody understood that and it was the general consensus

exactly...B-More is like a hour and a half away...How they considered DMV?? They got their OWN city.

DMV=Metro Area...(Southern MD, DC and Northern VA)
  • goobs
    goobs Members Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    i read all yall posts and i feel what you all are saying but you have to look at it in a real ? perspective for example: if you were from lets say condon terrace and a off brand ? just come post up on your block knowing that he is not from there and starts bangin that will get under a ? skin because of the fact that he doesnt know him and he stand on somebodies strip hustlin ? dont like that.i am a d.c resident born howard u hosiptal and all my life growing up i never heard of wale not even in the go go community i never heard of him im not saying that i hate him i just feel were roc mikey is coming from because if your a real ? then real ? would know you not know of you......thats my opinion
  • lamontbdc
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Im waiting to get back and thats a big reason. We almost lost our mind when Spring hit and they started coming out. Studying Information Systems though and on campus 4 one more year then prolly find a apartment in the area

? i failed health my 1st semester ? around with them hoes. it's hard not when you in class wit 35 ppl and 22 of them are females. you in the school of business. my major was accounting. enjoy that ? but get your work done. after awhile you gonna want to blow mcmechen up b/c all your classes will be there.

good thing about bmore was that it's a cheap city. i had a one bed room apartment for 400 a month. i stayed on campus my freshman year.
  • lamontbdc
    edited August 2011
    Options
    goobs wrote: »
    i read all yall posts and i feel what you all are saying but you have to look at it in a real ? perspective for example: if you were from lets say condon terrace and a off brand ? just come post up on your block knowing that he is not from there and starts bangin that will get under a ? skin because of the fact that he doesnt know him and he stand on somebodies strip hustlin ? dont like that.i am a d.c resident born howard u hosiptal and all my life growing up i never heard of wale not even in the go go community i never heard of him im not saying that i hate him i just feel were roc mikey is coming from because if your a real ? then real ? would know you not know of you......thats my opinion

i can c/s what you saying. but wale isn't a go go artist so of course we never heard of him around go go circles. Thus why this go around you hear him claiming DMV not saying he from uptown or him saying he is from DC.