The Sexification of the IC Female: beauty thread # 1025.2

Options

Comments

• BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    no lol
    i posted this whole long response with pics and shadow suggestions by name but it wont show up because apparently now the mods have to approve my posts (with pics) before they show up.

Oh, ok. To answer your question, I am into the brighter colors, but nervous about which ones to try. Not trying to step out wrong. lol
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Oh, ok. To answer your question, I am into the brighter colors, but nervous about which ones to try. Not trying to step out wrong. lol

oh yay! so many people are afraid of color especially when they're new to eye makeup.
    i'm brown skinned and I love blues, teals, greens, and purples
    I looked at my stash one day and realized most of the colors i had were some variation of those.

here's a nice blue eye on brown skin
    sonia-kashuk-blue-lagoon-eye-shadow-quad-fotd-3.jpg
  • marie addams
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • Ms. Mephisto
    Ms. Mephisto Members Posts: 32
    edited April 2010
    Options
    30% off UD? Well ? me for not joining last week.
  • marie addams
    edited April 2010
    Options
    30% off UD? Well ? me for not joining last week.

those ud discounts seem to come around pretty often, i'll definitely update the thread if i see it again
  • Ms. Mephisto
    Ms. Mephisto Members Posts: 32
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thank you! And that NYX sale sucked! 1st the sever was overloaded, so I had to keep refreshing,
    then when I finally saw that stuff I was like. Well that's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
  • marie addams
    edited May 2010
    Options
    marc jacobs summer 2010 scents

Marc+Jacobs.JPG

Inspired by the simple, yet decadent pleasure of a Parisian macaroons, these three limited edition scents awaken the senses and entice the palate as the perfect summer treat.

Apple: Aromatic and energizing, this intriguing fresh scent evokes the tartness of an Apple, Lemon and Grapefruit, with the unexpected surprise of Rosemary, Jasmin and Magnolia. Developed by Yann Vasnier of Givaudan in a crisp, green tint.
    Pomegranate: Capturing the sparkling radiance of this exotic fruit, this vibrant fragrance also exudes Mandarin Flowers, Bergamot, Rhubarb and Sugared Musk. Created by perfumer Patty Hidalgo of Fragrance Resources in an inviting warm tint.
    Biscotti: The perfect pick-me-up, this savory scent tempts the senses with Freesia, Bergamot, Orange Flower, Pistachio, and Vanilla. Developed by Richard Herpin of Firmenich in a warm, gold tint.

biscotti sounds interesting
  • marie addams
    edited May 2010
    Options
    oh- and so much for my "subtle" looks for spring. I've discovered orange and other citrusy colors and im all in.

I bought a "lip tar" from obsessive compulsive cosmetics in ""safety orange" and sephora brand creme shine lipstick in "coral coquette"

****not me btw just a brown girl wearing safety orange****
    it has a 90's feel. idk i like it
    September14O.C.C..jpg

this is the only review i have of coral coquette. it's a sheer color so it looks nice on pretty much all shades
    she starts at 4:26
  • betterthenu84
    betterthenu84 Members Posts: 861
    edited May 2010
    Options
    **there was a cute purse I wanted to post the link ain't work and I'm getting off I'll put it up tomorrow**

What I have been on so HARD >>>

BP_03.jpg(Dark Bronzer) gives me a nice glow I love it! I use it VERY light to much and it'll look dry and ashy

AND

[IMG]http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/images/? -items/ESB.jpg[/IMG]

Really makes my eyeshadows pop.

AND

[IMG]http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/images/? -items/JEP.jpg[/IMG]

In Milk in the corner of my eyes to really open my eyes up.

...if I have time tonight I'll take a quick pic and post it tomorrow.
  • betterthenu84
    edited May 2010
    Options
    This is the bag Its the Longchamp Le Pliage Large Tote it comes in a variety of colors but I'm getting in purple.

Longchamp-Le-Pliage-Large-Tote-Bag.jpg

And this is what I'm currently rockin from Aldo's

26_havermale_37_3.jpg

sorry no eyeshadow pic I was to sleepy to do anything last night.

Marie any tips on lipsticks for the darkies? I'm more of an India Arie/ Lauryn Hill complexion. I have no idea what lipstick I wanna do this summer.
  • marie addams
    edited May 2010
    Options
    **there was a cute purse I wanted to post the link ain't work and I'm getting off I'll put it up tomorrow**

[IMG]http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/images/? -items/ESB.jpg[/IMG]

Really makes my eyeshadows pop.

AND

[IMG]http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/images/? -items/JEP.jpg[/IMG]

In Milk in the corner of my eyes to really open my eyes up.

...if I have time tonight I'll take a quick pic and post it tomorrow.

ooh i'd love to try these especially the eyeshadow base. i need to hit ulta thats the only place i can seem to find nyx

i've been hunting for the new last blast volume with no luck :( anyone seen it? it's in a purple container.
  • betterthenu84
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ooh i'd love to try these especially the eyeshadow base. i need to hit ulta thats the only place i can seem to find nyx

i've been hunting for the new last blast volume with no luck :( anyone seen it? it's in a purple container.

You'll LOVE the eyeshadow base I've been using the skin tone one for my everyday look but they have a white base that REALLY brings out your eye color. And I know you like that color girl.

Nope haven't seen it I'll run by CVS after work I need some new mascara anyway. If they have it I'll try it and see how it is. ? my homegirl got a nock off Indian version of Latice you know the stuff that makes your lashes longer....WHOA is all I can say I thought she had on falseys. LMAO

I posted some pics of the bag I wanted to get and what I'm currently rockin. It said it needed Mod approval let me try and post it again.
  • marie addams
    edited May 2010
    Options
    And I know you like that color girl.

lmao!! yes.

you gotta find out the name of the fake lattise (sp?) stuff. did she say if it had any of the same side effects as the real version?
  • betterthenu84
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lmao!! yes.

you gotta find out the name of the fake lattise (sp?) stuff. did she say if it had any of the same side effects as the real version?

No she didn't say anything about side effects...what are the side effects from lattise??? And I'll ask her in a couple of weeks she'll be in town for her sisters wedding.

Question though any ideas for lipsticks for the summer? I'm on the India Aire/Lauryn Hill complexion side and I need some ideas. I have my eyeshadows down packed...I've been favoring these two MAC shades this gold color I think its Amber light (I could be wrong) and this shimmery copper (can't remember the name) plus this nice tannish brown from nyx and the eyeshadow base has really been good for a glammed up everyday look....but have no idea what to do for lipstick? Lately I've been rockin my maybaliene lip glosss but I want some color....suggestions from all are welcome :)
  • 100%Sagittarius
    100%Sagittarius Members Posts: 478
    edited May 2010
    Options
    oh yay! so many people are afraid of color especially when they're new to eye makeup.
    i'm brown skinned and I love blues, teals, greens, and purples
    I looked at my stash one day and realized most of the colors i had were some variation of those.

here's a nice blue eye on brown skin
    sonia-kashuk-blue-lagoon-eye-shadow-quad-fotd-3.jpg

I did my eye makeup like this for my graduation last week! Loved it. I wanted to try out all the new Sonia Kashuk brushes I just bought. I'd heard a lot about Sonia Kashuk before but assumed they were expensive but I saw them at target.... so I got a little carried away. Target's makeup section is about to be a problem for me, I was just in there today.

But, moving away for eyeshadows... I havent gone through the thread, but anyone have favorites or suggestions about lipsticks? Something that doesnt have that dry, stained, cracked look, but lasts all day?

Edit: Funny how betterthenu just posted the exact same question. Didn't see that LOL
  • t0wers
    t0wers Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ugh...i hate it
  • betterthenu84
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Ladies we shouldn't let this fall off...Marie were is my lipstick info (>_<)
  • marie addams
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ok soooo. yeah. lol

its been forever. Honestly ladies i've been on the hunt for the same..I hate the dry cracked feel lipstick gives after a few hours. I can say the best experiences i've had were with sephora brand cream shine colors and make up foreve lipsticks. But ultimately..they all dried and cracked as well :(. so yeah..im kind of on the same hunt as you ladies

I stumbled into the IMATS international make up artist trade show this past weekend (I had no idea it was going on honestly but wish I had earlier) came up on some great ish. I found the nyx shadow base you mentioned betterthenu84 and thank ? since I had no luck finding it in any of the stores. Pretty much every brand major or small were at the covention. The trend I noticed were lots of pigmented color bases (lips shadows mineral type pigments) In loud loud electro type colors. Mac has a few items that reminded me a lot of the occ lip tars (I got a few more of those too yay! but in normal people colors this time lol)

Urban decay has a new color for their primer potion..its kinda pearlized I guess to give a frosted or metallic look to you shadows. so much stuff so little time. Didn't get to buy everything I wanted because I ran out of time-went within the final 2 hours...omaybe that was ? telling me no. I cant call it, but it was tons of fun!!
  • marie addams
    edited June 2010
    Options
    oh and these are the 2 colors I got.

dscn1015.jpg?w=280&h=300

"vintage" top and "fondue" bottom. Vintage is a lot more of a reddish color than it looks here
    and "fondue" is extra chocolately. reminds me a lot of foxy brown's look circa 97

tumblr_kvsjpfpEmk1qzh06to1_400.jpg

both are probably better suited for fall although I rocked the vintage yesterday.
  • marie addams
    edited July 2010
    Options
    nars fall 2010 collection

37635_410755206386_53590256386_4576951_6795330_n.jpg

yeah..it looks like everyone has the colors poppin this fall.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Those are pretty..I like the pencil/crayon right there.

Maybellline Falsies mascara: I want to try that next. I've heard nothing but good things so far :D
  • marie addams
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Those are pretty..I like the pencil/crayon right there.

Maybellline Falsies mascara: I want to try that next. I've heard nothing but good things so far :D

ooh i want to try it too but I have too much mascara here that I have to use up first :(
    I was happy with the lash blast fusion, but i also have a stila mascara that came with a set I bought and a sephora brand sampler. so i'm gonna try those out once i'm done with the lb
  • marie addams
    edited July 2010
    Options
    oh! and I got matched up for a bpbbi brown natural finish foundation (oil free and nice for oily skin) this weekend. really happy with the results. This is my first time using this brand and honestly the first time dealing with liquid foundation and applying with a brush. I had to combine a few youtube tutorials and my memory of how the mua applied it in the store get it right, But it was a beautiful non cakey finish. The only thing i've had better was the prescriptive custom blend foundation

E4A2_l.jpg
  • betterthenu84
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Hey ladies! So someone suggested for me lipstick wise some of the MAC Pro lipsticks. I want to do red lips for the end of summer/beginning of fall I've been using deep purples and pinks but I want a little more red so I'm going to try Sin and Red Pepper this weekend.....while away in London I stumbled into this store called Boots and found the Rimmel counter.

I've fallen for there Royal gloss. I have Yummy 121 and I have to say this is the best damn gloss I ever bought not sticky at all no color gives me a nice shine and the taste stays on my lips. My lovah lovah says I taste even sweeter....OH and it has vitamins and goes great over those matte lipsticks. I'm praying I can find it in the US

Thanks for the lip feedback Marie I like those two colors they almost look ?
  • betterthenu84
    edited July 2010
    Options
    And I like that turquoise NARS has is that eyeliner?