The Sexification of the IC Female: beauty thread # 1025.2

Options

Comments

• marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    And I like that turquoise NARS has is that eyeliner?

the description says it's a soft touch shadow pencil. but it looks pretty thin i'm sure it can be used as a liner

37635_410755211386_53590256386_4576952_6057234_n.jpg
    i'm gonna check for that rimmel gloss, i have a few shadows from them but never tried the gloss.

oh and here's my latest nail color obsession! it's called "gumdrop"

Orly-Gumdrop.jpg
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Nice colors !

I wanted to use some bold colors for eyeshadow but I don't want to look like a clown. The guy at Sephora keeps asking me to just try it. I may let him play with my eyes and take some pics to show yall

:)
  • betterthenu84
    betterthenu84 Members Posts: 861
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ? Marie I have that same color...from Sephora right??? I LOVE it! And I am sooooooooooooooooo getting that pencil I bought some pigments in UK that would go great with that.

For some reason I've really been on this nail color

OPI's I think it's Pink

opi%20NLH38_IthinkInPink.jpg
  • betterthenu84
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Nice colors !

I wanted to use some bold colors for eyeshadow but I don't want to look like a clown. The guy at Sephora keeps asking me to just try it. I may let him play with my eyes and take some pics to show yall

:)

WAIT before you let some tangy heavy handed man put make-up on you let him do it on paper or someone else first...cuz SOME men will set you up and mkae you never want to try colors again. My biggest suggestion is to watch youtube videos they have some really nice girls that do make up like SongBirdDiva and LilPumpkin....there are two other girls but I can't think of there name off the top of my head watch them and pick up some techniques....don't be afraid of color girl! You'll look FAB!
  • MsSouthern
    edited July 2010
    Options
    WAIT before you let some tangy heavy handed man put make-up on you let him do it on paper or someone else first...cuz SOME men will set you up and mkae you never want to try colors again. My biggest suggestion is to watch youtube videos they have some really nice girls that do make up like SongBirdDiva and LilPumpkin....there are two other girls but I can't think of there name off the top of my head watch them and pick up some techniques....don't be afraid of color girl! You'll look FAB!

thanks for the tip :)

I haven't done it yet... it looks pretty on the prints they have but I'm still not sure

I let a friend of mine do some real dark smokey eyes this weekend on me .... which I really liked.
  • betterthenu84
    edited July 2010
    Options
    thanks for the tip :)

I haven't done it yet... it looks pretty on the prints they have but I'm still not sure

I let a friend of mine do some real dark smokey eyes this weekend on me .... which I really liked.

You should have taken pics....I always wonder if darkies like me can do a smokey eye.
  • marie addams
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You should have taken pics....I always wonder if darkies like me can do a smokey eye.

you absolutely can!
  • marie addams
    edited July 2010
    Options
    so I checked out this tarina tarantino pearl glow primer today..it's beautiful!
    it goes on translucent so it should work for most skin tones. and honestly..it can be worn alone. gives the skin a really pretty glow
    especially in the summer where it may be too hot to wear full on foundation. it has a nice natural looking finish which is shocking to me for tarina tarantino

I probably would not recommend this to anyone with already oily/glowy skin no need to bring more attention to the shine

P254900_hero.jpg
    What is it: A two-in-one primer designed to provide a luminous complexion for all skin types.

Who is it for: Women of all ages.

Why is it different: The Pearl Glow Primer contains light-reflective properties that help give skin a healthy, luminescent glow. The unique texture is made for all skin types, absorbs quickly with no greasy after-feel, and helps hydrate and smooth in preparation for a flawless makeup application.

The Pearl Powder ingredient instantly provides a lustrous glow, while helping to smooth the appearance. It contains a unique combination of natural substances and minerals to help leave skin looking and feeling soft and supple. Reflective pigments bounce light away from the face giving a soft-focus diffused glow, leaving skin looking youthful and perfected, and helping to brighten the complexion. Hydresia allows makeup to glide on smoothly and evenly, and is ideal for priming.

How do I use it: Pump a small amount onto fingertips and apply to cheekbones, forehead, nose, and chin. Follow with Dollskin Powder (sold separately). It can also be mixed with your favorite foundation for a more luminous finish or worn alone to give skin a naturally glowing look.
  • betterthenu84
    edited July 2010
    Options
    so I checked out this tarina tarantino pearl glow primer today..it's beautiful!
    it goes on translucent so it should work for most skin tones. and honestly..it can be worn alone. gives the skin a really pretty glow
    especially in the summer where it may be too hot to wear full on foundation. it has a nice natural looking finish which is shocking to me for tarina tarantino

I probably would not recommend this to anyone with already oily/glowy skin no need to bring more attention to the shine

P254900_hero.jpg

Marie....you my gurl forreal!!! I just saw this in August issue of Elle and was wondering about it. I'll definitely try it out...where can I pick it up sephora?
  • marie addams
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Marie....you my gurl forreal!!! I just saw this in August issue of Elle and was wondering about it. I'll definitely try it out...where can I pick it up sephora?

yep it was sephora
  • betterthenu84
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yep it was sephora

YAY I have to return something to Zara so that gave me an excuse to stop at Sephora. LMAO
  • marie addams
    edited July 2010
    Options
    YAY I have to return something to Zara so that gave me an excuse to stop at Sephora. LMAO

lmao !
  • marie addams
    edited July 2010
    Options

idk what your skin color is but these ladies wear it well

estelle.jpg

alexandra-burke-photo-4.jpg

kesiha-roc-nation.jpg
  • betterthenu84
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'm around Estelle's complexion...maybe a little darker from laying in the sun. I guess I have to just try it.

Watch me try it and love it. LMAO
  • marie addams
    edited August 2010
    Options
    for any of you who like or are interested in trying the new lancome foundation formula's they're giving away 10 day samples of the liquid foundation at their counters.
    go and get matched up :tu
  • Ms. Mephisto
    Ms. Mephisto Members Posts: 32
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I am so ready to bring out the red lips! Hurry up and arrive Fall 2010!
  • marie addams
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I am so ready to bring out the red lips! Hurry up and arrive Fall 2010!

have you checked out the new makeup forever moulin rouge collection? some beautiful reds (and other pigmented colors) in there. I bought #43

C23055_hero.jpg
  • marie addams
    edited September 2010
    Options
    any reviews on these curling wands?

62-4430171SPA73UC626294M.jpg

babyliss-pro-hot-pink-porcelain-rebel-conical.jpg
  • MsSouthern
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It's Clinique bonus time !!!!
  • marie addams
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It's Clinique bonus time !!!!

how does the clinique bonus work?
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Am I the only one that does makeup looks from youtube just because...and takes pictures?????? I'll start posting if I'm not. ;)
  • MsSouthern
    edited September 2010
    Options
    how does the clinique bonus work?

You spend $21.50 or more and get this little travel set.

Comes with face wash, eye make up remover ( which is my fav of theirs ), eye cream, eye shadow, lip glosss, mascara and a make up bag. I like it cause you can try new products without having to buy a big version of it.
    Am I the only one that does makeup looks from youtube just because...and takes pictures?????? I'll start posting if I'm not. ;)

no girl I do that all the time... just deleted a bunch out of my phone

lol
  • marie addams
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You spend $21.50 or more and get this little travel set.

Comes with face wash, eye make up remover ( which is my fav of theirs ), eye cream, eye shadow, lip glosss, mascara and a make up bag. I like it cause you can try new products without having to buy a big version of it.

l

That's whats up, i've been eying that black honey lip gloss. I should grab that and something else

nope im gonna attempt this look this weekend for my bday. I fell in love with this color..so pretty
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Okay coool :) I can't see what you posted marie...photobucket and youtube are blocked here.
  • marie addams
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Okay coool :) I can't see what you posted marie...photobucket and youtube are blocked here.

aww that sucks!
    maybe this one will show its the color on the right

sea-and-sky-s1.jpg?w=150&h=150