Comparin' blacks to ? ...

Options

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    thats comes down to a difference of opinion, I believe it is a choice. Ive seen too many people go ? later in life or suddenly change their mine. Ive seen too many hoes go from men to girls and back to men. These people dont represent them as a whole but are just some of the things that went into me deeming it a choice

i missed your point

so like I said, when did you choose to like women...at what point did you decide you didn't like men and you wanted to be with women? if you believe it's a choice then answering that should be easy
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yh oppression is oppression and its never right...and I don't agree with discrimination against them...thought I made that quite clear...

But how come they're never compared to Jews?...Or other races who've been through ? ...its annoyin' man...

The Black civil rights movement is the most recent and is quite possibly, the most relevant civil rights movement of all time. Most people are still quite aware of it.

Maybe you could make an argument saying that some ? purposely invoke the Blk. Civil Rights movement for propaganda. But id say many genuinely feel a sense of inspiration from it, and feel they're carrying the torch for the continued overall struggle for the equal treatment of humans. Hence why they make the comparison.

And the Jews collectively are the extreme end of what happens when you hold an eternal pity party for your struggle. They've become such privileged ? that calling them out on anything collectively gets you looked at sideways. ? try to mention or compare the holocaust (which they play up as the worst thing to happen ever) and you will get buried.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    but what can't ? people do ?
  • blackrain
    edited August 2011
    Options

imagine being told "If you are seen holding hands with your woman in public you could be killed"...or actually someone being able to legally have you locked up for having sex with your woman..
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    D-Jack wrote: »
    Shut the ? up, you sounding real ignorant, ritenow. You can choose to be ? , are you ? serious???

did i not make myself clear ?
    blackrain wrote: »
    so like I said, when did you choose to like women...at what point did you decide you didn't like men and you wanted to be with women? if you believe it's a choice then answering that should be easy

ehhhh about 5 when i had my 1st kiss. I knew what i wanted out of life.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

nothing man. Its so many ? people in power positions in America that calling it a civil rights issue is a spit in the face to civil rights
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

Cosign, the posters that are pro-? don't have very good arguments at all.
  • blackrain
    edited August 2011
    Options
    did i not make myself clear ?

ehhhh about 5 when i had my 1st kiss. I knew what i wanted out of life.

so you were confused before then about whether or not you liked girls? was it in question? I didn't need my first kiss to tell me i liked girls...i knew before i kissed a girl "I like girls" or else I never would have been looking for a girl to kiss...and I don't know anybody else that had to make that "choice" after kissing a girl...
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    D-Jack wrote: »
    Shut the ? up, you sounding real ignorant, ritenow. You can choose to be ? , are you ? serious???

Yes, ? . You choose who you put your ? inside of. It's a choice to suck ? or not suck ? . How is this not common knowledge?
  • MC The Rapper
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Not being able to go somewhere because somebody might beat you up happens to a lot of people and so does getting locked up for no reason
  • blackrain
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yes, ? . You choose who you put your ? inside of. It's a choice to suck ? or not suck ? . How is this not common knowledge?

that's choosing to ACT on being ? , not actually being ? ...just like we're heterosexual and we can choose who we ? , but not who we're attracted to physically that makes us go "I wanna ? her"...
  • blackrain
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Not being able to go somewhere because somebody might beat you up happens to a lot of people and so does getting locked up for no reason

but nobody is going to whoop your ass and encourage your death for kissing your woman on the street...
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    w/e...its disrespectful and disingenuous for contemporary american ? to compare their struggles to the plight of our ancestors who faced institutionalized racism and fought to make it possible that you and every other black person has the right to be treated like a human being. yes ? are being denied the right to marry, been discriminated against and are often victims of violence so there are similarities there, but there's a difference in feeling discriminated against simply because of one's physical appearance vs. what one does be hide closed doors.... its like me as a ameircan woman comparing my plight and struggles to those of middle eastern woman, i would never do it.

plus one could argue that the war on drugs is the new jim crow and the amercian justice system, bank lending policies, standardized testing of our school children, racial profiling are forms of institutionalized racism that unfairly targets people of color so i wouldn't even say ? could could even compare their struggles to those of contemporary blacks.

discrimination is wrong no matter whose being discriminated against. and i'm not tying to make this into a competition. ? should have the right to do as they please but imo its just disingenuous especially during a time when people want to believe that america is this progressive, post race soceity but when in reality this is the farthest thing from the truth.....simply put the comparison downplays the struggles african americans have endured and continue to endure today... i wish they would just do away with the comparison completely
  • MC The Rapper
    edited August 2011
    Options
    but nobody is going to whoop your ass and encourage your death for kissing your woman on the street...

they might if i was out some where in the boonies with my white woman somebody might lynch me . People have been killed for that and i'm not talking about in the 1940s i'm talking in

the here and now. So again what are we talking about exactly
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options

Some people pick all types of reasons to hate other people -but is it systematic ? Are the police authorized to go and lock you up because your ? - or spray you with a firehose - or even ? you ?

What about paying you less or not hiring you at all ? Or not allowing you to vote ?

What rights do ? people not have that constitutes the same discrimination that blacks faced ?
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    that's choosing to ACT on being ? , not actually being ? ...just like we're heterosexual and we can choose who we ? , but not who we're attracted to physically that makes us go "I wanna ? her"...

You realize ? , homosexual means having sex with the same gender. Having sex with a man, if you're a man is homosexual no matter what you are attracted to, you're ? . And no one is born ? or hetero. Sexuality is learned and some kids learn homosexuality due to bad parenting. The best I can give it is a mental disorder and thus it should not be encouraged. It's clear that nature intends for man to be hetero, so thus ? has to be some kind of disorder.

And btw if ? 's were born ? , then why is there a sudden emergence of kids, little kids that are so called ? all of a sudden?? Because it's a choice, and right now it's a ? ass fad.

And to compare blacks and ? is still stupid since Blacks can't hide ? , while ? can just not act ? in the same way a ? acts normal in public. Hide what you are if it gets discriminated against, it's obvious and people do it every day and for centuries. Black people have no such choice. Call me when homos can't get jobs cause they're ? and get paid less and get less schooling, and get hung, burned, can't vote, enslaved, can't go places, can't buy things etc.
  • blackrain
    edited August 2011
    Options
    w/e...its disrespectful and disingenuous for contemporary american ? to compare their struggles to the plight of our ancestors who faced institutionalized racism and fought to make it possible that you and every other black person has the right to be treated like a human being. yes ? are being denied the right to marry, been discriminated against and are often victims of violence so there are similarities there, but there's a difference in feeling discriminated against simply because of one's physical appearance vs. what one does be hide closed doors.... its like me as a ameircan woman comparing my plight and struggles to those of middle eastern woman, i would never do it.

plus one could argue that the war on drugs is the new jim crow and the amercian justice system, bank lending policies, standardized testing of our school children, racial profiling are forms of institutionalized racism that unfairly targets people of color so i wouldn't even say ? could could even compare their struggles to those of contemporary blacks.

discrimination is wrong no matter whose being discriminated against. and i'm not tying to make this into a competition. ? should have the right to do as they please but imo its just disingenuous especially during a time when people want to believe that america is this progressive, post race soceity but when in reality this is the farthest thing from the truth.....simply put the comparison downplays the struggles african americans have endured and continue to endure today... i wish they would just do away with the comparison completely

the similarities are there you're right, and it begins and ends with them being denied basic civil rights based on something they have no control over...that's what the comparison is but some don't want to acknowledge that basic principle...and that's what leads to some making the claim "Our discrimination was worse than yours, matter of fact what you're going through isn't even discrimination"...i agree that oppression shouldn't be compared on some "who had it worse" type ? is something I've seen black americans do more than anyone in this country when it comes even mentioning the term Civil Rights...it's like to some Civil Rights=black american movement only and to call anything else Civil Rights is an insult
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I tcould be wrong but I dont see anything disrespectful about it.Where is the disrespect.Are ? people selling ? on the block and ? ? or ? ?

99% of them homos are peaceful people its not like they are ? criminals.I think some of ya need to check ya self.Why would a grown ass man be scared of a ? .
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    nothing man. Its so many ? people in power positions in America that calling it a civil rights issue is a spit in the face to civil rights

In most countries (and most U.S states), ? people can't legally marry. In many countries you can be jailed and even (legally) killed for homosexual activity.

Many Black people throughout the U.S are in positions of power, what's your point?
    What about voting? Sure we were given the right to vote in the mid 1800s, but we weren't actually able to vote until the mid 1900s. People that experienced that are STILL ALIVE. What about being treated as 2nd class citizens in general? I can speak to my grandparents, ? even my parents and they have stories about how they weren't allowed to do *insert activity here* because they were black.

? people never had to go through that.

You cannot claim the hardships or accomplishments of other people. "We" weren't around in the mid 1800s. Instead of comparing Blacks, as a "group", to ? "collectively", we should be comparing individuals to individuals. Some ? people have faced more discrimination than some Black people have. The fact that Black people are connected (ethnically/racially) to other people who have faced more discrimination than some ? people have is irrelevant to what they've experienced. Even if the discrimination that most ? people endure pales in comparison to the discrimination that most Black people endure/have endured historically, this has no bearing on what individual Black and ? people have or have not experienced. Being tortured, tied to a fence and left to die (Matthew Shepherd) is worse than being followed around in a store or even pulled over for 'dwb' (not counting those scenarios when it results in being beaten, killed, unfairly jailed etc.)
  • blackrain
    edited August 2011
    Options
    7fIG wrote: »
    Some people pick all types of reasons to hate other people -but is it systematic ? Are the police authorized to go and lock you up because your ? - or spray you with a firehose - or even ? you ?

What about paying you less or not hiring you at all ? Or not allowing you to vote ?

What rights do ? people not have that constitutes the same discrimination that blacks faced ?

why are you comparing and tryign to figure out who had it worse? why can't it simply be they are being denied rights that others have freely...why does it have to be "Blacks were denied this, so were ? so now it's ok to say they're being denied civil rights"...if I deny you the right to shop in my store, and deny somebody else the right to eat in my store are they not the same because you've been denied two different things or is still a denial of basic rights?
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    why are you comparing and tryign to figure out who had it worse? why can't it simply be they are being denied rights that others have freely...why does it have to be "Blacks were denied this, so were ? so now it's ok to say they're being denied civil rights"...if I deny you the right to shop in my store, and deny somebody else the right to eat in my store are they not the same because you've been denied two different things or is still a denial of basic rights?

I'm not comparing who had it worse... I comparing which one was LEGAL.

Right now, if a ? person even gets into a normal fight, they could try to claim a hate-crime whether or not they started it.

How is that similar to the government looking the other way when black people were found hanging from a ? ' tree ?
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I've seen black americans do more than anyone in this country when it comes even mentioning the term Civil Rights...it's like to some Civil Rights=black american movement only and to call anything else Civil Rights is an insult

Because black Americans are historically the most marginalized group in U.S. history, and the funny thing is, the major onslaught on our civil rights movements were led by a closet homosexual (J. Edgar Hoover.)
  • blackrain
    edited August 2011
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    You realize ? , homosexual means having sex with the same gender. Having sex with a man, if you're a man is homosexual no matter what you are attracted to, you're ? . And no one is born ? or hetero. Sexuality is learned and some kids learn homosexuality due to bad parenting. The best I can give it is a mental disorder and thus it should not be encouraged. It's clear that nature intends for man to be hetero, so thus ? has to be some kind of disorder.

And btw if ? 's were born ? , then why is there a sudden emergence of kids, little kids that are so called ? all of a sudden?
    ? Because it's a choice, and right now it's a ? ass fad.

And to compare blacks and ? is still stupid since Blacks can't hide ? , while ? can just not act ? in the same way a ? acts normal in public. Hide what you are if it gets discriminated against, it's obvious and people do it every day and for centuries. Black people have no such choice. Call me when homos can't get jobs cause they're ? and get paid less and get less schooling, and get hung, burned, can't vote, enslaved, can't go places, can't buy things etc.

more people openly being ? means more younger people comfortable at a younger age expressing what they really feel their sexual attraction is...if being ? was a 'fad" it would have faded from human behavior a very long time ago because unless you've missed a few history lessons, people have been ? for a few millinium now...and idk where you've been in the world but the that's been happening for centuries and still continues in some places...sexuality is learned in how you express it, but what you actually feel, what/who you're attracted to that's natural
  • blackrain
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Because black Americans are historically the most marginalized group in U.S. history, and the funny thing is, the major onslaught on our civil rights movements were led by a closet homosexual (J. Edgar Hoover.)

Native Americans .........
  • MC The Rapper
    edited August 2011
    Options
    State recognized marriage is not a right. You have to fulfill the requirements just like any other license.