Chattel Slavery: Was there any worse atrocity in human history????

Options
judahxulu
judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
My brother asked something similar on face book today. Let me share some of the convo:

(heres what the only white people who responded had to say)

"(white boy #1) ‎**n Wa**ne's got a good point. But, slavery throughout all civilizations, if treated as one thing, affected more people and had a longer lasting effect. People forget that almost every race/nationality has had slavery in their history, not just African-Americans in the U.S. It seems ppl of all races/cultures like to feel superior to their own, one of human's true flaws."

so i sez:

"I hate that old "every race was enslaved" garbage....only people's whose ancestors wasn't chattel slaves in the U.S. can say that. point for Point reference for reference there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you can compare to the experience of the kidnapped African."

so in comes white boy #2:

"dude, the holocaust accounted for the murder of over 6 million people. and it set off a world war which led to many, many more deaths. i don't know anyone jewish or otherwise that would belittle the plight of the african american and the great injustice that slavery dealt not only to blacks but also native americans who were not only enslaved but the targets of genocide as well. polarizing on these issues doesn't solve anything. however, it is worth mentioning that women are still victims of slavery and religious zealotry throughout the world. not to mention children who are sold into the child sex black market. and that ? goes on right now. the way to make amends for the mistakes of our ancestors: battle this ? now!!! be the change we want to see in the world. freedom for all!!!"

so i sez:

" ‎"Hey guys lets not polarize...it wasnt as bad as...or this is the same as".....GTFOH"

then
i had to ether the white gorl.....(to be continued)

Comments

• Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Equivalent or worse atrocities occur every day.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    No.

Waiting for response to white girl mob....
  • And Step
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Huruma wrote: »

Impossible.
  • judahxulu
    edited August 2011
    Options

Name it ? . And "every day" doesn't encompass it. How bout every day for 400 years to start.

But anyway name these equivalent or worse atrocities.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Are you referring to chattel slavery everywhere at any point in point in time, the chattel slavery of the entire transatlantic slave trade, the chattel slavery in all of North America from the transatlantic slave trade, the chattel slavery in the North American British colonies followed by the Unites States from the transatlantic slave trade, or just the chattel slavery in the United States from the transatlantic slave trade?
  • judahxulu
    edited August 2011
    Options
    (Continuing from O..P..)
    the white girl sez:

"im not sure how you can compare our world tragic history on a "whats worse" scale. there has been lots of things that are accounted for that could be put up to comparison, but in reality, instead of crying about what happened, we should continue to gain knowledge, and do what we can for our children and our present life to help prevent things like that happening again. slavery still exist. it didnt stop after the war, there are children of many different cultures, and women, the same, that are sold slaved and murdered on a daily basis...the things in the past are disgusting, and very veryyy touchy subjects to some, but im sorry. im not sure how 200 hears ago american history is the worst thing that happened in the world, because in our country (thankfully) someone stepped up and did something, but in other countries still to this day, those people suffer what our land went, and overcame, and they have not a flicker of hope for that to change."

also
    " i know everyone is entitled, and im the same way if its on my page, and you dont like it, oh well. i was just making my statement, because people talking about insurance companies having to do with slavery in america?!? there dads dad dad dad dad dad dad dad...maybe had his hand in it, but if you walk into state farm im sure they will not even know what your talking about. but go to juerez. see if you can find 1 out 10 famlies who havent lost a sister or a mom, or a cousin to a damn donkey show or a 5 year old in the middle east what new clothing lines about to pop off cause they prolly know. ...and i prolly shouldnt have used the word crying...because it is sad. and i do get it. my familys from poland. my grandpa left during ww2."
    "

so i sez:

lol @ jus...why ya'll keep proving my point tho??lol.......why you using past tense terms like "happened"? this entire country is built on and sustained by the oppression and destruction of the kidnapped afrikan. this is no exaggeration. modern day slavery is wage slavery x the prison industrial complex. it dont matter if they know what youre talking abut at state farm...its still blood money. and being that literal chattel slaves were still being shuffled around in the 1800's- that it was his dads dad dad dad dad dad dad dad dad ? is illegitimate. let me ask u a serious question...no offense intended. how come u so-called progressive thinking/liberal whites get all up in arms when it actually comes time to listen to the kind of people u claim to give a ? about? is there a limit to the amount your heart can bleed? how can you dispute someone about their experience that you have reaped the benefits from? if it weren't for my ancestors free labor your grandpa wouldn't have had nowhere to go. if it wasn't for the poorly treated buffalo soldiers, ww2 woulda went an entirely different way. ? juarez. we talking bout 100 million souls lost at sea. subhuman treatment justified by pseudo-science and a hypocritical constitution to this day!! talking about juarez....they can call themselves mexican though right? they have a mexican culture right? they have mexican names, clothes lingo etc DONT THEY? The biggest ill aftereffect of slavery is the DERACINATION OF AN ENTIRE PEOPLE. what the hell is an african-american? africa is a HUGE CONTINENT and last time i checked we aint americans by choice. u have no idea how that feels nor have u have attempted to truly empathize, otherwise ur comments would not be what they were...its never too late tho.

so white girl sez: my profile says im liberal, but to be honest, i dont do politics. maybe ill be a hippy from now on...peace love and unity folks...

(five minutes later) she sez:

"and now that ive actually decided to read your comment. you think my family chose to come here?!? they were catholic and still chased out because of the war. if i wanted to spend my day telling you of my decent, i wouldnt get anything else done. i also have family that were jehovahs witnesses that went through concentration camps. just because im not black dont mean i dont understand the pain and dont have to deal with the history of my family. if its so bad in our free country, we have the right to leave. and im not sure where you get off saying im reaping any benifits. im unemployed, and cant find a job, even asked public aid for help, and alls they told me was good luck. please fill me in on my benifits, because i see ? heads working 2 jobs to stay high, and i cant find one, with a bad ass resume, just to support my family and pay my bills. sorry but this could go on all day...im done with it..."

so i chased her off with this:

"@ jus...I am leaving. this country aint free. u understand the pain of YOUR family and i respect that. the only things that i told u concerning your struggle was factual and i will add a third thing: 1) if it wasnt for our blood, ur grandpa wouldnt have had a place to go to 2) if it wasnt for our blood ww2 woulda came out different, thusly affecting your predecessors and 3.) no choice is no choice....it is historically innaccurate to suggest that polish immigrants did not come here by choice.as far as reaping the benefits...we aint even gotta get as deep as jobs, baby...you got a light bulb in yo crib???u reaping the benefits cause i dont think Lewis Latimers descendants are waxing fat from royalties. you reaping the benefits just enjoying the comforts of post-industrial age america. none of the basic comforts you have would not be possible if it werent for lincoln swindling his southern contemporaries out of their slaves to work in factories instead of fields and pay for their tattered rags and slave shacks instead of getting 'em for free. as u suggested to us, OBTAIN KNOWLEDGE and learn the benefits that you reap daily are much broader than money. from the clothes u wear, to the music u listen to and the movies u watch....no diss but just know im being the nicest a brother can be to you by giving you TRUTH in the raw.."
  • judahxulu
    edited August 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Are you referring to chattel slavery everywhere at any point in point in time, the chattel slavery of the entire transatlantic slave trade, the chattel slavery in all of North America from the transatlantic slave trade, the chattel slavery in the North American British colonies followed by the Unites States from the transatlantic slave trade, or just the chattel slavery in the United States from the transatlantic slave trade?

LOL. The chattel slavery that consisted of Europeans taking Africans from Africa into Europe and the "New World" as captives. Plus, all the ? that trickled down from that.
  • Huruma
    edited August 2011
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    Name it ? . And "every day" doesn't encompass it. How bout every day for 400 years to start.

But anyway name these equivalent or worse atrocities.

Respectfully, Judah, I can't believe that you seriously think that African slaves in the West are the only people throughout history to have been brutally abused and victimized to the extent that they were. Political prisoners in North Korea are severely tortured in prison camps and detention centers, they're punished for not working fast enough or forgetting the lyrics to patriotic songs, this punishment includes withholding food, beatings, being forced to sit in a single spot for long periods of time etc. I remember reading a few years ago about Congolese rebels who killed a woman's baby ( boiled the child alive), and ate it right in front of her. In Kosovo, Darfur, Rwanda and many other war torn (previously or currently) countries it's never been uncommon for soldiers or rebels to ? women, randomly massacre civilians, torture dissenters etc. I remember reading of British officials in colonial Kenya who would mutilate people alive for being suspected Mau mau sympathizers and Blacks in the Congo who were forced to work on rubber plantations and mutilated or beaten for not working fast enough. Have you seen pictures of starving Jewish concentration camp prisoners? These people were gassed in the shower, burned alive, even buried alive.

80% of the world's population lives on less than a dollar a day, people everywhere suffer in ways that we will probably never understand. Starvation, disease, war and genocide, unusual genetic disorders, it's honestly terrifying how bad things can get.
  • And Step
    edited August 2011
    Options
    White liberals are the worse. Seriously. They are fake. They are so arrogantly patronizing and condescending.

Surface dwelling concern at best. Mainly because they can't face facts past anything that validates their awesomeness, which is duplicitous at best.

I had to laminate this fake ass liberal public defender who was representing a young bro I knew. This ? was patting himself on the back I guess because he "fights" for mostly young, black males. I told him to save the bad lawyer/ good lawyer routine. Because you will be eating lunch with that other ? and the judge laughing about the case that was already decided to humor yourself.
  • noirwar
    noirwar Members Posts: 514
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Take a good look at this conversation and see that this is what you are facing everyday if you have open your mouth about our past.
    I am glad how you carried yourself in the situation and presented a through statement and rebuttal.

Blacks today don't want to face the pain that exist behind them and ahead of them and rather sandwich themselves as society moves on without us, while being a powerful but ? culture and resource.

Xu That was the ? .
  • noirwar
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Respectfully, Judah, I can't believe that you seriously think that African slaves in the West are the only people throughout history to have been brutally abused and victimized to the extent that they were. Political prisoners in North Korea are severely tortured in prison camps and detention centers, they're punished for not working fast enough or forgetting the lyrics to patriotic songs, this punishment includes withholding food, beatings, being forced to sit in a single spot for long periods of time etc. I remember reading a few years ago about Congolese rebels who killed a woman's baby ( boiled the child alive), and ate it right in front of her. In Kosovo, Darfur, Rwanda and many other war torn (previously or currently) countries it's never been uncommon for soldiers or rebels to ? women, randomly massacre civilians, torture dissenters etc. I remember reading of British officials in colonial Kenya who would mutilate people alive for being suspected Mau mau sympathizers and Blacks in the Congo who were forced to work on rubber plantations and mutilated or beaten for not working fast enough. Have you seen pictures of starving Jewish concentration camp prisoners? These people were gassed in the shower, burned alive, even buried alive.

80% of the world's population lives on less than a dollar a day, people everywhere suffer in ways that we will probably never understand. Starvation, disease, war and genocide, unusual genetic disorders, it's honestly terrifying how bad things can get.

He is speaking on the travesty that exists within the heart of the greatest symbol in western culture. The other 20% and why they have stayed that way after facing their bleakest moments. After reading his statements I have found, in no way dispelled the notion of suffering elsewhere. Only pointing out that the greatest cogs in the machine are and were black.
  • judahxulu
    edited August 2011
    Options

None of these things have endured for a 400 year duration and those atrocities you have listed in Africa are a result of colonization of Africa which would not have been possible without chattel slavery.

Yeah, i get it and I respect and empathize with the struggles of others- but who has had to endure it for 400+ uninterrupted years????
  • Huruma
    edited August 2011
    Options
    None of these things have endured for a 400 year duration and those atrocities you have listed in Africa are a result of colonization of Africa which would not have been possible without chattel slavery.

Yeah, i get it and I respect and empathize with the struggles of others- but who has had to endure it for 400+ uninterrupted years????

No one alive has endured 400 years of struggle and oppression. And why is the duration of oppression more important than the intensity? Jews (as a 'group') and many others, I'm sure, have been persecuted for centuries.

Many of Africa's problems can be indirectly traced to colonialism but Africans themselves have to accept some responsibility.
  • fiat_money
    edited August 2011
    Options
    LOL. The chattel slavery that consisted of Europeans taking Africans from Africa into Europe and the "New World" as captives. Plus, all the ? that trickled down from that.
    That's option number two then.

I'd say the European colonialism in Africa was/is easily worse.
  • judahxulu
    edited August 2011
    Options
    That's option number two then.

I'd say the European colonialism in Africa was/is easily worse.

it goes hand in hand. colonialism could not have existed to the extent that it did without chattel slavery.
  • judahxulu
    edited August 2011
    Options
    UPDATE: a Jew jumped in it!!!

he sez:

"the holocaust by far and it was approx. 11 million ppl killed, 6 million of which were jewish. I say the holocaust because of the hate behind the cruel actions, and the extent of torture the ppl went through."

so i sez:

"-yeah there havent been over 11 million africans killed throughout the diaspopra..yeah the holocaust overshadows 400 years...mmmmhmmm...no hatred, cruel actions or torutre towards us either...nope...not at all"

he sez;

" my dude y are u feeling like im attackin u from letting u know people of african decent werent the only ppl suffering, and there were other tragic events that alot of other cultures dealt with"

i sez:

l" i said nothing about u attacking me nor did i attack u. i just cleverly showed u what ur post looked like. the ? is apples and oranges case closed. we could get into some real nasty specifics of how so..but lets not..ok? u have a right to ur opinion. i also have a right to have you substantiate your claim with actual data, as your answer to the question is a definitive claim. so how was the holocaust by far worse than chattel slavery again??? enlighten me"

he sez:

" jewish people were sent to gas chambers in groups, dug their graves only to be shot n then buried by other prisoners of the concentration camps, they were forced to get tattoos of a number, which in the jewish religion its believed that no marking should be purposefully placed on you...im not gunna argue with you about this, but theres more to this world than the past thats taken place....argueing about who had it worse is pretty ignorant, both people, as well as numerous other cultures, had massive struggles...what does it proove argueing when both of our ancestors were worked, tortured, and killed by the same type of foul thinkers"

so then i sez;

"first off whatevr the hell u saying DID NOT happen for 400 years.its pretty ignorant to suggest that you can just ball up someones 400+ year history of oppression into this ? ass universal struggle fabricatedted by your fathers to trick us into not cutting ya'll heads off in the 60's and 70's."

so he sez:

"our oppression has been going on for thousands of years...."

(LOL...he picked the WRONG one for that comment...)

so i sez back:

"- ignorant means without knowledge. are u aware that my people were burned, maimed, beaten, lynched, hung, castrated, choked, drawn and quartered, drug, suffocated, drowned, bitten by dogs, purposely given diseases and toxic drugs, unfairly imprisoned, disproportionately prosecuted, ? , exploited...just to name a few things"

he sez:

"are you aware that my people went through the same"

so i sez while SMH:
    " im 1000% percent sure the people who existed walking distance from the black lands of egypt, whom moses fit right in with LOOKED NOTHING LIKE YOU OR YOUR ANCESTORS. i was trying not to go there but u wanna pull the jew card and throw that ignorant word around. dont make me show how ignorant u really are of your perceived "heritage". so what are u ashkenazi or sephardi?
    last time i looked at the elamites who were close relatives of abraham, they looked nothing like you or your ancestors. now whats more plausible...dispersion into europe TOWARDS the very same Roman empire that razed Jerusalem or traveling AWAY towards Asia and Africa? Dont start Alex...youre out of your league. Atah maveen, g'ver?"

HE DESPERATELY SEZ:
    " how do u argue a subject about hateful events with hate in your own heart?"

and i sez finally:

what hate? i have hate because i am speaking the truth? if i spew forth hateful lies the neutralize it with loving truth. i love israelis and i kick it with jews often but i refuse to kiss yall's ? and turn a blind eye to historical realities especially when our enslavement matches perfectly with the testimony of the torah and the holocaust does not.yet your "symbol of pure and orthodox faith" maimonodes called blacks 'irrational animals"??only YHWH knows my heart,...and I discuss this matter with pure love in my heart. accepting ur half truths would make me hateful towards myself and eternal truth
  • noirwar
    edited August 2011
    Options
    During the age of information only ours has had the greatest significance. Jews are still persecuted and so are the Inland Chinese, and so on but you can only identify one that has had such a tremendous role in the power structure of our world today. China would be next and perhaps No.1 if it weren't genocidal. But ours isn't...
  • fiat_money
    edited August 2011
    Options
    it goes hand in hand. colonialism could not have existed to the extent that it did without chattel slavery.
    The slaves of the transatlantic slave trade were mainly taken from Sub-Saharan west Africa, while European colonialism pretty much carved up all of Africa and parts of Asia; so parts where no slaves were taken en masse from were still colonized by Europeans.
  • judahxulu
    edited August 2011
    Options
    The slaves of the transatlantic slave trade were mainly taken from Sub-Saharan west Africa, while European colonialism pretty much carved up all of Africa and parts of Asia; so parts where no slaves were taken en masse from were still colonized by Europeans.

funding and geographic positioning. they could not have penetrated without money/resources from the slave trade or without neutralizing sub-saharan africa. and colonialism didnt last 400+ years.
  • judahxulu
    edited August 2011
    Options
    the british are the key to it all. they opened up the motherland and made it possible for everybody to come in and join the berlin confrence ?
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    UPDATE: a Jew jumped in it!!!

he sez:

"the holocaust by far and it was approx. 11 million ppl killed, 6 million of which were jewish. I say the holocaust because of the hate behind the cruel actions, and the extent of torture the ppl went through."

so i sez:

"-yeah there havent been over 11 million africans killed throughout the diaspopra..yeah the holocaust overshadows 400 years...mmmmhmmm...no hatred, cruel actions or torutre towards us either...nope...not at all"

he sez;

" my dude y are u feeling like im attackin u from letting u know people of african decent werent the only ppl suffering, and there were other tragic events that alot of other cultures dealt with"

i sez:

l" i said nothing about u attacking me nor did i attack u. i just cleverly showed u what ur post looked like. the ? is apples and oranges case closed. we could get into some real nasty specifics of how so..but lets not..ok? u have a right to ur opinion. i also have a right to have you substantiate your claim with actual data, as your answer to the question is a definitive claim. so how was the holocaust by far worse than chattel slavery again??? enlighten me"

he sez:

" jewish people were sent to gas chambers in groups, dug their graves only to be shot n then buried by other prisoners of the concentration camps, they were forced to get tattoos of a number, which in the jewish religion its believed that no marking should be purposefully placed on you...im not gunna argue with you about this, but theres more to this world than the past thats taken place....argueing about who had it worse is pretty ignorant, both people, as well as numerous other cultures, had massive struggles...what does it proove argueing when both of our ancestors were worked, tortured, and killed by the same type of foul thinkers"

so then i sez;

"first off whatevr the hell u saying DID NOT happen for 400 years.its pretty ignorant to suggest that you can just ball up someones 400+ year history of oppression into this ? ass universal struggle fabricatedted by your fathers to trick us into not cutting ya'll heads off in the 60's and 70's."

so he sez:

"our oppression has been going on for thousands of years...."

(LOL...he picked the WRONG one for that comment...)

so i sez back:

"- ignorant means without knowledge. are u aware that my people were burned, maimed, beaten, lynched, hung, castrated, choked, drawn and quartered, drug, suffocated, drowned, bitten by dogs, purposely given diseases and toxic drugs, unfairly imprisoned, disproportionately prosecuted, ? , exploited...just to name a few things"

he sez:

"are you aware that my people went through the same"

so i sez while SMH:
    " im 1000% percent sure the people who existed walking distance from the black lands of egypt, whom moses fit right in with LOOKED NOTHING LIKE YOU OR YOUR ANCESTORS. i was trying not to go there but u wanna pull the jew card and throw that ignorant word around. dont make me show how ignorant u really are of your perceived "heritage". so what are u ashkenazi or sephardi?
    last time i looked at the elamites who were close relatives of abraham, they looked nothing like you or your ancestors. now whats more plausible...dispersion into europe TOWARDS the very same Roman empire that razed Jerusalem or traveling AWAY towards Asia and Africa? Dont start Alex...youre out of your league. Atah maveen, g'ver?"

HE DESPERATELY SEZ:
    " how do u argue a subject about hateful events with hate in your own heart?"

and i sez finally:

what hate? i have hate because i am speaking the truth? if i spew forth hateful lies the neutralize it with loving truth. i love israelis and i kick it with jews often but i refuse to kiss yall's ? and turn a blind eye to historical realities especially when our enslavement matches perfectly with the testimony of the torah and the holocaust does not.yet your "symbol of pure and orthodox faith" maimonodes called blacks 'irrational animals"??only YHWH knows my heart,...and I discuss this matter with pure love in my heart. accepting ur half truths would make me hateful towards myself and eternal truth

Word up, I would pay money to see you debate a Jew on the history and facts on The Hebrews. I know there is a highly chance that there is a Jew that comes through here and im just waiting to see one come in and have a debate. I hope the Jew answers and have a debate and you will post it.

In matter of fact Janklow should bring back the debate forum of the SL
  • And Step
    edited August 2011
    Options
    No one alive has endured 400 years of struggle and oppression. And why is the duration of oppression more important than the intensity? Jews (as a 'group') and many others, I'm sure, have been persecuted for centuries.

Many of Africa's problems can be indirectly traced to colonialism but Africans themselves have to accept some responsibility.

It was the duration and the intensity. That is what makes it unique.

Nobody is saying Africans should eschew responsibility. But the question was chattel slavery. Africans did not experience that. Blacks in the Diaspora did. Africans still have semblance of language, cultural, and historical connection to their past. Which is important to any people. Ask the Jews how important their history is and how they use it to empower their children. I would dare say history has been their most important and defining aspect of their existence that makes them the most unified people and powerful people on the planet.

Blacks under chattel slavery were stripped of language, culture, Spiritual development, names and anything that tied them to their history and humanity. And the basically were dehumanized to the point that being a ? and savage has become acceptable. They basically had to find their way back on their own, if they could. Not to mention the effects of growing up a minority in a society that is totally and diametrically opposed to you.

Nah son, this aint a my scar is deeper than yours contest but there has never been a longer, more intense, calculated machination of human degradation in the last 6000 years.
  • fiat_money
    edited August 2011
    Options
    funding and geographic positioning. they could not have penetrated without money/resources from the slave trade or without neutralizing sub-saharan africa. and colonialism didnt last 400+ years.
    That wouldn't account for the European countries that had no major involvement in the transatlantic slave trade but still ended up taking portions of Africa. And with all the wars the Europeans had to fight to colonize Sub-Saharan Africa and other parts of Africa, along with the dozens of millions they had to ? ; I wouldn't say that they had "neutralized" them with the transatlantic slave trade.

It may not have lasted for 400 years, but its negative impacts are still easily visible throughout much of Africa today and will probably remain that way for generations to come.

Seems worse than the transatlantic slave trade.
  • And Step
    edited August 2011
    Options
    That wouldn't account for the European countries that had no major involvement in the transatlantic slave trade but still ended up taking portions of Africa. And with all the wars the Europeans had to fight to colonize Sub-Saharan Africa and other parts of Africa, along with the dozens of millions they had to ? ; I wouldn't say that they had "neutralized" them with the transatlantic slave trade.

It may not have lasted for 400 years, but its negative impacts are still easily visible throughout much of Africa today and will probably remain that way for generations to come.

Seems worse than the transatlantic slave trade.

Yeah, but at least Africans have their land, cultural roots, language, and knowledge of the history somewhat intact.

A Ghanaian visiting America knows at the end of the day, he can go back to his land in the Ashanti region and speak Fanti with his peoples. He also know where he came from and where he descended.

Blacks in the Diaspora are running around with Jheri curls with French, British, and Spanish names arguing and killing each other on a block they don't own paying rent, sending their children to schools which extol the dominant groups ways, culture, and norms and errday telling em you aint ? , you should be on drugs.

Nah son, Africa is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better off than Blacks in the Diaspora.

Blacks in the Diaspora have none of that. Basically, they are third-class citizens.
  • Huruma
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    It was the duration and the intensity. That is what makes it unique.

Nobody is saying Africans should eschew responsibility. But the question was chattel slavery. Africans did not experience that. Blacks in the Diaspora did. Africans still have semblance of language, cultural, and historical connection to their past. Which is important to any people. Ask the Jews how important their history is and how they use it to empower their children. I would dare say history has been their most important and defining aspect of their existence that makes them the most unified people and powerful people on the planet.

Blacks under chattel slavery were stripped of language, culture, Spiritual development, names and anything that tied them to their history and humanity. And the basically were dehumanized to the point that being a ? and savage has become acceptable. They basically had to find their way back on their own, if they could. Not to mention the effects of growing up a minority in a society that is totally and diametrically opposed to you.

Nah son, this aint a my scar is deeper than yours contest but there has never been a longer, more intense, calculated machination of human degradation in the last 6000 years.

Not to diminish your point but it's common for conquering cultures to assimilate local, marginalized groups. In the Maghreb (North Africa minus Egypt), for example, most of the people who identify as Arabs are of indigenous Berber descent but Arab culture is considered superior and many 'Berbers' have lost all connection with their pre-Islamic Berber heritage. I guess you could point out that Arabized North African Berbers physically resemble their Arab conquerors whereas Black Americans still look like West Africans (more or less). The psychological scars of chattel slavery run deep but to claim that chattel Western slavery is unique among atrocities committed throughout history, and currently today, is something else, especially considering that slavery still exists. Black Americans have their own distinct culture and heritage that began with the arrival of African slaves in the American South, it's as much of a heritage as any African culture. All cultures eventually grow, evolve and become distinct from the cultures that gave birth to them and this would have eventually occurred whether the ancestors of modern Black Americans were stripped of their heritage or not. 10 000 years ago, all African cultures hunted/gathered, only a handful of hunter-gatherer cultures live in Africa today.Our hunting-gathering ancestors weren't forcefully stripped of their culture by a more dominant group but they eventually evolved beyond it (not to imply that hunter-gatherers are 'inferior', I'm just pointing out that culture isn't static).
    Nah son, Africa is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better off than Blacks in the Diaspora.

Land, a strong cultural identity, language etc. means virtually nothing if you don't have the basic necessities of life, which something like 40% (at least) of Black Africans don't.