Chattel Slavery: Was there any worse atrocity in human history????

Options

Comments

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »
    real talk tho, why we gotta be classified by race if race doesnt matter?

cause it does matter. The immigrants come here after being upper middle class in their home country, get loans and benefits set aside specifically for immigrants,mark white on all their paperwork while pretending to be "down" with us, then look down on black people without knowing the societal factors leading to the results

these people open stores in our neighborhoods and ? , makin money off us

People like heyslick would like what the indian guy posted, his ? white ass is scared of (black) flash mobs coming to his hick ass county

thats how white people are, politically correct when necessary but in actuality, not much as changed in the attitudes of whites since jim crow besides ir dating and affirmative action, white people for the most part are fake as hell,same for the immigrants who side with them on their paperwork then criticize blacks

Asian and arabs also...once more than a hand full of blacks start looking out for our own we will always have issue within our race.But i agree with you 110% on the statement you posted,kush.
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    How is an indian gonna try to give perspective to american blacks?

youre not black, your skin may be dark but youre in america voluntarily and you have your own culture

you prolly claim white on your census records, arabs do too,cause indians and arabs are classified as caucasian, so your whole post was irrelevant, you get benefits black americans will never see

as black americans, our grandparents can tell us about the real life true american racism, ? aint some distant history lesson for us

american segregation ended only a few decades ago bruh, you and your entire family dont know nuthin about that, so you cant say ? about how black people have been treated in america

Arabians and Indians are not classified as Caucasian unless they are actually Caucasian, so if anybody's post is irrelevant, it is yours. As for your statement about grandparents, are you really ignorant enough to think that racism against them happened a long time ago and is no longer happening? Because it is still happening everyday, especially in a post 9-11 world, where they are accused of being terrorists, called things like 'dot-head,' 'Iraqi's' and all kinds of ignorance. I've read stories about them being beaten, victimized, and killed. An elderly Sikh a few hours from where I live was just murdered a few months ago. Shot dead. You wanna say they don't experience racism? Segregation applied to everybody, the difference is you only hear about Black people's stories when learning about civil rights and slavery, except for some stories about women and Latinos.

doubletee wrote: »
    Not to go to far off-topic...but hispanics(mexicans) labeled themselves as caucasian back in the day too because they to also thought blacks were inferior..so ? them.I live in Houston so i look at a mexican sideways and think about that film i saw about that issue...and it took place here so they can't run from it its in the history books.

Plenty of Mexicans are Caucasians. Mexican is not a race, nor is Latino. You're really gonna judge an entire nationality by the actions of a portion of their population that happened a long time ago? And what's your point? That they are lesser? That they are self-haters? Because if we are talking about self hate, let's talk about Black people, and how our race is killing each other in the streets. That's self-hate. How people are straightening their hair, lightening their skin, altering their appearance and looks to try and fit int. That's self-hate.
    judah7 wrote: »
    the same thing happened to blacks in america. would you like to be packed like a sardine on a ship and travel over the waters for months upon months? and our true heritage and culture has been destroyed thats why blacks are so corrupt and lost still this day. our women were ? and their children were fed to aligators. show me any pictures of native indians being lyched and burned alive?

What you're describing is essentially the same thing that happened to Native Americans. I can't as easily show you a picture of a Native American being burned alive.. And the reason why does not support your point, it supports mine... The reason why is that Native Americans are arguably the most underrepresented people in America. They were hanged, burned, hunted, skinned alive, all kinds of horrible atrocities. They were ? , children were murdered, and they were infected with diseases that were absent from the American continent before the arrival of Europeans. They were pushed farther and farther back into their own country, until eventually they had no country left. They were forced at gun point to relocate thousands of miles, ON FOOT, in the cold, the heat, and all sorts of weather. Their numbers were in the tens of millions in 'North America' alone before the Europeans arrived, and by the 1800's over 90 percent of their population had been killed off. They have no home country to go back to, most of their languages are dead, their culture wasn't just ripped away from them, it no longer exists, and they are still being discriminated against to this very day.
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    @ lincoln

you dont know what the ? youre talking about

Plenty of nonblack minorities have been mistreated in america history, the japanese got their property stolen during the war(but they got reparations), even ethnic whites were discriminated agaisnt when they first immigrated

but none of their discrimination or racism was as bad, or is as bad in reference to indians and arabs, as the case of black americans

You know how i know you have no idea what youre talking about? Because certain groups were given "honorary white" status during jim crow days, which means certain groups who were deemed worhty enough to be treated like whites, and those are some asians,some indians and some latinos, blacks on the other hand had the one drop rule, if youre any part black, youre black and treated as such
    so again, you dont know what the ? youre talking about. Read a ? book before you come at me dude
  • Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    @ lincoln

you dont know what the ? youre talking about

Plenty of nonblack minorities have been mistreated in america history, the japanese got their property stolen during the war(but they got reparations), even ethnic whites were discriminated agaisnt when they first immigrated

but none of their discrimination or racism was as bad, or is as bad in reference to indians and arabs, as the case of black americans

You know how i know you have no idea what youre talking about? Because certain groups were given "honorary white" status during jim crow days, which means certain groups who were deemed worhty enough to be treated like whites, and those are some asians,some indians and some latinos, blacks on the other hand had the one drop rule, if youre any part black, youre black and treated as such
    so again, you dont know what the ? youre talking about. Read a ? book before you come at me dude

That's cool how you don't bother responding to one single point I made. It really shows how strong your argument is. Want to know how I know you don't know what you're talking about? You think Arabians and Indians are classified as Caucasians. Besides, what is your point about passing during the Jim Crow days? That because in order to find a job, people with African blood had to deny their heritage? Because if so, affirmative action now counter-acts that point. As well, Jim Crow laws were passed back then that discriminated against Native Americans. Learn how to present an argument before you come at me.
  • tikingjcoleprince
    tikingjcoleprince Members Posts: 81
    edited August 2011
    Options

First of all, Arabs are Caucasian. Plain and simple, by genetics they are caucasion, but they are different because of their culture.

Second Indians are NOT caucasion. I dont give a damn what the classifications say, those were created when the british had us enslaved in our country and wanted to increase the number of "whites" in the world. Look at these pictures and tell me theyre caucasion, or someone like this in america can't relate to the situation of black americans. Every single one of these are indians.

jarawa.jpg

breed.jpg

5539339856_a72ef699da.jpg

And i made no claims at being black. But the fact remains that a lot of us DO look black, and our blood is originally AFRICAN, and all i was trying to say is that i've experienced what it is like to be black in america, and i was trying to give my insight. You dont want it, fine, skip my post and get on with ur life.

Oh and just btw, i don't know any indians that mark "white" on their census or forms. Arabs do because they are, we are not.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited August 2011
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    Not to go to far off-topic...but hispanics(mexicans) labeled themselves as caucasian back in the day too because they to also thought blacks were inferior-
    Hispanic isn't black or Caucasian or any one race... you can be either black OR white and Hispanic at the same time. so it goes
    Very interesting....I do know most Puerto Ricans consider themselves white.
    well, they basically are, so...
    Lincoln wrote: »
    Arabians and Indians are not classified as Caucasian unless they are actually Caucasian
    ...which they basically are if they're one of those groups
  • John Prewett
    John Prewett Members Posts: 755
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    ? . Most people who commit crimes are not thinking of slavery.
    Particularly the younger generation. Most of them don't know and don't care.
    That is why they are not bothered by white peoples use of the word ? .

Slavery is just part of what some Blacks fixate on which causes anger toward currently living Whites.

Which causes extra Black on White crime.

Which is a fact, and when you call me a liar, then I'll know you are the liar.
    Wrong. And you lie. Most Blacks commit crimes against other blacks. I wish it were so.............

Certainly Blacks do commit most of the crime that is committed against Blacks.

Blacks also commit far more personal contact crime[? - murder - robbery] against Whites

than Whites commit against Blacks.

Deny this and I'll know you are a liar,... or incredibly ignorant.
    How a old wrinkly ? leaning ? can know so much about black people without actually knowing any is beyond me. There is no such thing as Pop Black culture.

I know a lot cause I read a lot including documents written by Blacks.

Your denial of the existence of pop Black culture shows your dishonesty or ignorance.
    It just Black people taking on the worst of white culture. I.e, gang banging, drug selling, drive by, promiscuity, thievery, faggotry, gambling, prostitution, etc...

Your blame Whitey for Black crime is so TNB.
    White women benefited more than blacks from affirmative action.

"Affirmative action" [instituted by White liberals] handicaps common White men which had negative impact on their families.

Also the same thinking that justifies "Affirm Action" also justifies Black on White crime.
  • noirwar
    noirwar Members Posts: 514
    edited August 2011
    Options
    So get yourself all angry about the past,... never mind that the anger will ? up your future.
    The youth are upset because they are distracted and disillusioned by people like you. You have to confront these issues when you are a "African American" simply because it is the ground work of our history. Unlike most immigrants here we were taken and exploited and the exploits haven't ceased.

So you would prefer that we act as if they are new? This is not something that should not go unmeasured.

When we can talk about this and not be angry that is when we will know that there is no more civil unrest.
  • stillmatic_01
    stillmatic_01 Members Posts: 113
    edited August 2011
    Options

Blacks also commit far more personal contact crime[? - murder - robbery] against Whites

than Whites commit against Blacks.

Deny this and I'll know you are a liar,... or incredibly ignorant.

I don't think you can prove this...so just shut it up.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    First of all, Arabs are Caucasian.

Not.

Exhibit A.
    rj0gsz.jpg

Exhibit B.

2zyy62u.jpg

There are Arabs who are Black. In fact the original stock of Arab is Black. If you know the history of that people and land mass.
    Plain and simple, by genetics they are caucasion,

Not plain and simple since genetics have shown Caucasians and Asians to be linked to Black people
    but they are different because of their culture.

I can get with this
    Second Indians are NOT caucasion. I dont give a damn what the classifications say, those were created when the british had us enslaved in our country and wanted to increase the number of "whites" in the world. Look at these pictures and tell me theyre caucasion, or someone like this in america can't relate to the situation of black americans. Every single one of these are indians.

Indian and Arab is not a color designation. They are National and Ethnic constructs.

Oh and just btw, i don't know any indians that mark "white" on their census or forms. Arabs do because they are, we are not.

A lot of Indians want to be white though. Word to the Dalits........
  • And Step
    edited August 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Hispanic isn't black or Caucasian or any one race... you can be either black OR white and Hispanic at the same time. so it goes

well, they basically are, so...

...which they basically are if they're one of those groups

And neither is Arab or Indian. There is no difference between the construct of "Hispanic" or "Arab" in the sense of both words.
  • tikingjcoleprince
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Not plain and simple since genetics have shown Caucasians and Asians to be linked to Black people

By that logic every slave owner was black? Yes, we are all descendants of Africa if you go back over a million years, but man has evolved into separate races since then. The three distinct ones being Caucasian/White, Mongoloid/Asian, and Negroid/Black. And most arabs are mixed Caucasian/black but generally have much more white blood, which is why they are considered Caucasian.

A lot of Indians want to be white though. Word to the Dalits........

Ya, as a result of thousands of years of oppression....and absolutely zero remaining dignity. A lot of American blacks want to be white too....
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2011
    Options
    As someone stated the entire African American term is quite telling. Let's be honest most of us don't know enough about Africa to really associate ourselves with Africa and we are not willingly Americans and will never be fully welcome here. The whole go back to Africa thought process that all whites have is quite telling also. I frequently look at the Chinese Americans, Latin American, and so on and simply say they know where they are from, they know of there heritage but Blacks do not. That's why I am black and not African American. Someone from a latin or spanish speaking country can come to America and suck it dry, get everything they want, ? , steal,cheat, ? , then go back to there country because they know who they are and from where they came willingly. There is not another group of beings as large as the Black American that has been stripped of there heritage. The closest thing would be like refugees from other countries that run from there country because they are not welcome and no that going back would mean death.
  • GSonII
    edited August 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    So every single black person has been stripped of there heritage! WELL! you do like to exaggerate dontcha? I get so damn tired of seeing how bad off the black man is in America.....you have got to be the MOST ungrateful being's on this planet -- if you ain't whining about what you haven't got, your complaining about what this country owes you.

You cracka ? dont owe anyone anything. You are pedophiles and ? by nature, because that's what your forefathers were. You are thieves by nature. You pick and choose who is right and wrong by nature ( Some Indians get kickbacks while other people that you have wronged get nothing). You are garbage people that will never fully admit that you are hypocrites with no morals and values. So know noone expects anything from you or thinks they are owed anything but the fact is you are the most inhumane self-righteous pieces of ? to ever walk the earth. As for your question, I am black, I will not have a black discussion with a cracka that can do nothing but belittle the conversation to the point that it is weakened. There is nothing good to come from ? having a discussion with the Devil about being ? .
  • memphis
    memphis Members Posts: 201
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I love it when ? idiot's compare the suffering of others
  • GSonII
    edited August 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    WELL here's one white dude you can take off that list -- now prove that white people are still ? your women....PROVE IT or just STF-UP. YOUR whole damn premise STINKS --- btw I want current statistics on who's race of people are ? and killing your people here in America. WHITE men living in America AREN'T ? and killing black people....if they are then PROVE-IT FYI I've NEVER felt I'm above anyone let alone think I'm superior.....? . MY ancestors NEVER enslaved anyone or owned slaves....I'm just a humble white man who gets tired of seeing and hearing about how I've done black people wrong. Do me a BIG favor and name one black run country that affords you & yours the same opportunities as America does.

There is nothing good to come from ? discussing with the Devil.
  • GSonII
    edited August 2011
    Options
    judah7 wrote: »
    Did you know us losing our heritage is recorded in the Bible?

Black descendents of the slave trade are the true Hebrews of the Bible.

Here are just a few of many prophecies describing the slave trade and the loss of our heritage.

Jeremiah 17:4
    And thou, even thyself, shalt discontinue from thine heritage that I gave thee; and I will cause thee to serve thine enemies in the land which thou knowest not: for ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn for ever.

Genesis 15:13-14
    And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict (oppress) them four hundred years;

And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.

Deuteronomy 28:15
    15But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy ? , to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:

49The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;
    (the eagle represents America... There are plenty more scriptures I can show if you want to prove this.)

50A nation of fierce countenance, which shall not regard the person of the old, nor shew favour to the young:

51And he shall eat the fruit of thy cattle, and the fruit of thy land, until thou be destroyed: which also shall not leave thee either corn, wine, or oil, or the increase of thy kine, or flocks of thy sheep, until he have destroyed thee.

68And the LORD shall bring thee into Egypt again with ships, by the way whereof I spake unto thee, Thou shalt see it no more again: and there ye shall be sold unto your enemies for bondmen and bondwomen, and no man shall buy you.

The word Egypt in the above scripture comes from a Latin word that means ? . So it should read "INTO ? AGAIN WITH SHIPS"

62And ye shall be left few in number, whereas ye were as the stars of heaven for multitude; because thou wouldest not obey the voice of the LORD thy ? .

63And it shall come to pass, that as the LORD rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the LORD will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it.

64And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.

65And among these nations shalt thou find no ease, neither shall the sole of thy foot have rest: but the LORD shall give thee there a trembling heart, and failing of eyes, and sorrow of mind:

66And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life:

37And thou shalt become an astonishment, a proverb, and a byword, among all nations whither the LORD shall lead thee.
    (? , African American, niccer, ? , monkey, boy and etc are examples of the above.)

41Thou shalt beget sons and daughters, but thou shalt not enjoy them; for they shall go into captivity.

43The stranger that is within thee shall get up above thee very high; and thou shalt come down very low.
    (an example of this is all other nations that come to our neighborhoods own all the stores including whites)

44He shall lend to thee, and thou shalt not lend to him: he shall be the head, and thou shalt be the tail.

45Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed; because thou hearkenedst not unto the voice of the LORD thy ? , to keep his commandments and his statutes which he commanded thee:

46And they shall be upon thee for a sign and for a wonder, and upon thy seed for ever.

47Because thou servedst not the LORD thy ? with joyfulness, and with gladness of heart, for the abundance of all things;

48Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the LORD shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee.[/QUOTE

Thanks for pointing me to these scriptures
  • And Step
    edited August 2011
    Options
    this is smoke'n'mirrors deceit, since all people in the history of planet earth, are related to Negroids
    whether they are Caucasoid or Mongoloid. Bone structure is the deciding factor and Arabs possess the caucasoid bone-structure, so scientists and anthropologists deemed them Caucasoid

This would be true, except for the fact it is not.

LOL at you letting some white dude tell you who is black and who is not. There are black people who share the same caucasoidal bone structure as you call it. Bone structure is not a universal determinant.

I have seen Arabs Black as Southern Sudanese so your going to tell me that they are Caucasian because they are Arab? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. I doubt if you did a bone density and structure test on those big butt sisters in Oman and Yemen that they would resemble the average Caucasian.

FOHWTBSS
  • And Step
    edited August 2011
    Options
    By that logic every slave owner was black?

Not necessarily. That is like saying a grapefruit is a lemon or orange or that a mule is a horse or donkey. They are different even though they have their origin in both.
    And most arabs are mixed Caucasian/black but generally have much more white blood, which is why they are considered Caucasian.

I am not disputing that too much, Most Arabs shown to the general public are shown to be white. If you travel to that region you will see, particularly in the lower regions you will see a different story.

Ya, as a result of thousands of years of oppression....and absolutely zero remaining dignity. A lot of American blacks want to be white too....

From the heavens above.....to the shores below......this be the truth my friend.
  • janklow
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And neither is Arab or Indian. There is no difference between the construct of "Hispanic" or "Arab" in the sense of both words.
    except that Arabs and Indians are white folks. this is why they blame their crimes on black people!

also, some of these black Arabs are either from groups who are questionably called Arabs or from Arabic countries, but not of Arabic descent themselves. obviously it's not impossible to be black and be from a Middle Eastern country that you have a strong cultural connection to.
  • tikingjcoleprince
    edited August 2011
    Options
    except that Arabs and Indians are white folks. this is why they blame their crimes on black people!

also, some of these black Arabs are either from groups who are questionably called Arabs or from Arabic countries, but not of Arabic descent themselves. obviously it's not impossible to be black and be from a Middle Eastern country that you have a strong cultural connection to.

Please take a look at the pictures in post #97 and tell me those are white folks.
  • And Step
    edited August 2011
    Options

Except the fact that the Original Arabs and Indians are Black. Arabic as you call it started with Black people. It directly descended from the Ancient Akkadians who were Black people. The term Arab was a designation for people who wandered and traveled the desert. Sort of like gypsie. Black people inhabited that land before the European and Asian invasion. As these two began to wander back in that area mixing began, along with displacement( See Sudanese and the Blacks in the lower Arabian Peninsula) and you have a lighter skin Arab who was infected with the poison of his white ancestors.

The only thing questionable is how your trying to make a Black Arab into something other than what they are. White people are not indigenous to that land. Never have been and never will be. The people of those lands know they are not the original inhabitants of that land and they even reference it in their traditions.
  • And Step
    edited August 2011
    Options
    he didn't say that they are indenginous to that land, you did...but he definitely alluded to the fact that there are 'isolated incidents' of Arabs not possessing the Caucasoid bone-structure...although you "questionably" treat them like they are the overwhelming majority of Arabs....lol....splitting hairs is simply not necessary right now

Actually when he said "from a Middle Eastern country" and "Arabic descent" he did. Go look up "from" and """descent"".

Since you like the premise of "alluding" so much. And what isolated incidents are you referring to? The millions of Black people that live in that region combined? I guess you have never been to any part of the Middlle East.

There are plenty of Black people in the Middle East and they are not recent migrants like in the Arab Emirates.
  • janklow
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Please take a look at the pictures in post #97 and tell me those are white folks.
    well, first, re-read my last post again, especially regarding the "national origin alone does not denote ethnicity" part
    Except the fact that the Original Arabs and Indians are Black.
    well EVERYONE is from black guys if you take it all the way back. but let's operate in the modern world for now
    The only thing questionable is how your trying to make a Black Arab into something other than what they are. White people are not indigenous to that land. Never have been and never will be. The people of those lands know they are not the original inhabitants of that land and they even reference it in their traditions.
    the problem with your last sentence is that you're basically coming around to agree with me there
  • tikingjcoleprince
    edited August 2011
    Options
    well, first, re-read my last post again, especially regarding the "national origin alone does not denote ethnicity" part

well EVERYONE is from black guys if you take it all the way back. but let's operate in the modern world for now

"races" as we know them, black, white, and mongoloid, are thought to have formed around 1.5 million years ago from the common black ancestor.

the original inhabitants of india were blacks who arrived thousands of years ago. So they were most definitely black in the modern sense of the word. If anything, the non-black indians are the ones who aren't "real" indians, and are the ones who "national origin alone does not denote ethnicity" applies to.