European Football & World Cup Zuid-Afrika thread!

Options

Comments

• One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    aguero to chelsea in the summer it looks like...

i'll be wathcinh him tonight against liverpool.
  • One Spliff
    edited April 2010
    Options
    dman ageuro's suspended
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    dman ageuro's suspended

Yo, Spliff, what do u think about this

Chelsea opt for youth over Torres bid
    Soccernet

Chelsea have seemingly ruled themselves out of the running to sign Liverpool's Fernando Torres after manager Carlo Ancelotti announced a significant shift towards youth in the club's transfer policy.

Instead of competing with Manchester City in a bidding war for Torres, Chelsea will instead promote five academy players into their first-team squad next season as they look to lower the average age of the team.

The new policy was first discussed following the Champions League defeat to Inter Milan and was ratified following a meeting with Blues owner Roman Abramovich last Monday.

Ancelotti said: "Next season there will be five academy players in the squad. Some players will maybe move on. It's not because we don't have the money, it's because we want to give strength to our academy. We have very good young players and this is the time to put them in the squad for next year."

Gael Kakuta, Fabio Borini, Jeffrey Bruma, Patrick van Aanholt and Nemanja Matic will step up to the first team.
  • thumbs_up
    thumbs_up Members Posts: 150
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the gerrad story is apparently from notw so i wodnt belive it completly... itll be in their sunday mornin paper unless gerrad gets an injunction

also read gerrad to real in a swap for van de vaart plus cash
    fran merida to athletico on a free
    intrested to see if akinfeev will move this summer also
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    USA! USA! USA!

*we're still in it right?*
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    thumbs_up wrote: »
    the gerrad story is apparently from notw so i wodnt belive it completly... itll be in their sunday mornin paper unless gerrad gets an injunction

also read gerrad to real in a swap for van de vaart plus cash
    fran merida to athletico on a free
    intrested to see if akinfeev will move this summer also

There's definitely some truth to that story according to one sports journalist on a United forum and he was in the courts this week trying to stop the story from leaking but its obviously failed. He's 100% leaving Liverpool for abroad at the end of the season plus he's long spilt from his missus and been living in a hotel for months now
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Bump, World Cup comin ? .....even though i dont really follow the ? ,

*sticky for those ? who do follow the World Cup
  • thumbs_up
    edited April 2010
    Options
    to the uk posters: my brother told me itv have the pick of the world cup games.. is this true?? because i hate itv sport coverage with a passion and now with adrian chiles.. i mean his good on motd2 but primetime tv... nahh

along with the usual lot bbc have klinsman, seedorf, adebayour and strachen... ? mccarthy on commentary i can do without and would have liked to see desially and o'neill again
  • One Spliff
    edited April 2010
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Yo, Spliff, what do u think about this

well torres is leaving england if he leaves anfield apprently, he weas crying because england is too physical n hes career is in danger if he stays lol...

as for promoting our youngsters to the first team, i support it...we need youth in our team n i trust ancelotti's judgement...ive seen them on a few occasions and their good players.

@ thumbs up

ITV is wack n i hate watching champsd league football on it, because their soooo bias....they shamelessly support english clubs n tilit the commentry in that favour, which i think is ighly unprofessional...sky sports to a better job of being impartial n are more professional with it...

the commentry is also poor, majoirty of the time they dont kno wtf they talkin about....lmao @ david pleat....hes a clown....

i prefer bbc with straight talkin ian wright, linekar, hansen etc......but football is football so its all good either way...

anybody see kalous first goal ?....drogba is something else...

lampard scored his 19th of the season int he league...19th !!!!!!!!!!!!!...pretty sure thats hes highest ever league tally....n ppl were sayign the system udner ancelotti doesnt suit him ?...please....no central midfielder in the world can back 20 league goals or score goals from miodfield the way lamps does, hes GOAT.

got a feelin we guna bang 7 past them like we did villa....

1 more for drogs n he is level with rooney...
  • toheeb27
    edited April 2010
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »

got a feelin we guna bang 7 past them like we did villa....

? , We have 7. LMAo at Drogba for not scoring one.
  • toheeb27
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Blue is the Colour, Football is the Game
    We're all together, and winning is our aim
    So cheer us on through the sun and the rain
    'cause Chelsea, Chelsea is our name!
  • thumbs_up
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the most shocking thing about this scoreline is the lack of molouda doing anything of significance except 1 goal.... hw do chelsea score 7 goals n molouda does ? all
    his gna gt me minimal points.. all these chelsea fans with lamps are gna overtake me

@spliff.. yh agree with the terrible commentating.. i dnt even follow continental football that closely but i swear i no more about the players then they do.. acting like there surprised players outside the prem are half decent.. losers

the best one was some non-england world cup game n bbc had it... linekar, wright, hanson, shearer n someone else
    wright was complain that the match meant nothin to him n linkekar said he support the team with the prem players
    n wright basically said ? no.. i support england and only england.. i was creasin
  • One Spliff
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? , We have 7. LMAo at Drogba for not scoring one.

cant believe he didnt score...played great tho, so did frank...

20 from midfield, unheard of...

a.cole also had a great game, good to see him back...

@ thumbs up

remmeber 'the premiership' ?...lmao...lasted like 1 year b4 they boycotted that ? n brought MOTD back...itv need to quit thinkin they a sports channel n let bbc n sky sports do all the work

@ biggy

torres is a baby

first season he was a good boy, with nice manners...now look at him, arguing with refs, fighting with players, always scraping...the premleague has completely changed him lol....n now hes threatening to leave....

but the prem is def themost competitive now...i think it became that way this/last season with the rising of man city...n now spurs....but spanish league is still better technically....n even serie A is still up there..

i mean, i was watching real madrid vs zaragoza yesterday...zaragoza are pretty damn good...i didnt see the whole game but they had sum striker up front who scored a great goal (colunga), n had a few other decent players...but most spanish teams have good players like tha, comepare them to teams liek stoke for example...who have 1 technically gifted player in fuller, n thats itt...problem is....the other teams are no where near as consistant as real or barca....

it wud be good to see more english managers in spanish football..maybe that would make a difference.
  • thumbs_up
    edited April 2010
    Options
    english managers in spanish football lool.. workd out for chris coleman huh
    they cant even gt the top jobs in england why would a decent team from spain hire them
  • One Spliff
    edited April 2010
    Options
    they cant even gt the top jobs in england why would a decent team from spain hire them

i dont kno...but somethign is missing from spanish teams...maybe if they were more physical...or more direct....

they play great stuff in spain, n have the talent...but outside of real n barca its like a completely diff league...
  • One Spliff
    edited April 2010
    Options

i dont kno...but somethign is missing from spanish teams...maybe if they were more physical...or more direct....

they play great stuff in spain, n have the talent...but outside of real n barca its like a completely diff league...
  • thumbs_up
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lyon should have never got this far
  • toheeb27
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Damn, Bayern are not ? around.
  • thumbs_up
    edited April 2010
    Options
    so predictions for tonite?
  • toheeb27
    edited April 2010
    Options
    so predictions for tonite?

I am rooting for The Special One, but 2 goals is not a difficult obstacle for Barcelona. Hopefully Inter pull it out.
  • thumbs_up
    edited April 2010
    Options
    same here. barca are capable of anything at home but against an italian team defending a 2 goal lead with jose as manager to get to the champions league final?
    i duno man... hope inter go through

whats the news on where jose's gona be after the summer?
  • toheeb27
    edited April 2010
    Options
    same here. barca are capable of anything at home but against an italian team defending a 2 goal lead with jose as manager to get to the champions league final?
    i duno man... hope inter go through

whats the news on where jose's gona be after the summer?

Real Madrid want him badly, plus the Fergie is staying for at least one more season, plus the Italian press hate him, equals Probably going to Real Madrid. Especially if he manages to win the Champions league with Inter, he will have no serious reason to stay with Inter. Will be nice to see him get the Triple Crown(English-Italian-Spainish titles)
  • thumbs_up
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Real Madrid want him badly, plus the Fergie is staying for at least one more season, plus the Italian press hate him, equals Probably going to Real Madrid. Especially if he manages to win the Champions league with Inter, he will have no serious reason to stay with Inter. Will be nice to see him get the Triple Crown(English-Italian-Spainish titles)

yeah seems the only possiblity really
    cant stay in italy, will only go to united in england, barca wont sack pep, bayern wont sack gaal
    expectation will be hugh at real.. will jose want to risk it?

team news:

Barcelona v Inter Milan line-ups:
    Barcelona: Valdes, Dani Alves, Pique, Milito, Keita, Xavi, Toure Yaya, Busquets, Pedro, Ibrahimovic, Messi.
    Subs: Pinto, Marquez, Bojan, Henry, Maxwell, Thiago, Jeffren.
    Inter Milan: Julio Cesar, Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Zanetti, Cambiasso, Motta, Eto'o, Sneijder, Chivu, Milito.
    Subs: Toldo, Cordoba, Muntari, Mariga, Materazzi, Arnautovic, Balotelli.
    Referee: Frank De Bleeckere (Belgium)
  • toheeb27
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yeah seems the only possiblity really
    cant stay in italy, will only go to united in england, barca wont sack pep, bayern wont sack gaal
    expectation will be hugh at real.. will jose want to risk it?
    )

Man City could be a Wild Card if they manage to get the 4th spot. I will be LMAO if Jose takes Mancini's job again.
  • thumbs_up
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i feel very confident in my ability to knock the ? out of Busquets after seeing his reaction to the sending off