Successful Black Women Having A Hard Time Finding Black Men Set To Air On ABC Tonight

Options

Comments

• freshfromatl
    freshfromatl Members Posts: 559
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    Lol @ Sherri dissing Hil Harper back in the day cuzz he didnt have a car yet...The ? went to Brown & Harvard Law School.

And yall wonder why yall be alone....

Ether
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lol @ Sherri dissing Hil Harper back in the day cuzz he didnt have a car yet...The ? went to Brown & Harvard Law School.

And yall wonder why yall be alone....

That ? was HILARIOUS! Then she gon' talk about: "we can get some ? poppin' right now!" Hill was like: "LOL, FOH...."
  • GameTime33463
    GameTime33463 Members Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Co-sign. *Daps*

How so?? Please Explain. Wait, ain't you a teenager?? Nevermind.

Lol.

Lol @ That!^^^^^^
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That ? was HILARIOUS! Then she gon' talk about: "we can get some ? poppin' right now!" Hill was like: "LOL, FOH...."

Word....it wasnt even about the fact that she didnt like him...cuzz thats her decision...you dont have to like everybody. But, her reasoning was so out of whack. All because He didnt have a car yet.....but, neither did her ass. Why couldnt yall ride the bus & be broke as hell together. If she had been down from jump street.....she probably wouldnt be on that show today. Never know.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Hill Harper's face after he told the story about Barrack and Michelle Obama was hilarious
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So basically what i am hearing is people are CODEPENDENT as hell, who the ? defines their happiness on whether or not they have a man or woman. Plus all that dumb ? about a woman completes me is stupid as ? to me, you complete yourself, not another person. This is how people stay in bad relationships!
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Word....it wasnt even about the fact that she didnt like him...cuzz thats her decision...you dont have to like everybody. But, her reasoning was so out of whack. All because He didnt have a car yet.....but, neither did her ass. Why couldnt yall ride the bus & be broke as hell together. If she had been down from jump street.....she probably wouldnt be on that show today. Never know.

Exactly. Like ? we on the bus together! I got us for both bus passes and mash out! lol!
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    So basically what i am hearing is people are CODEPENDENT as hell, who the ? defines their happiness on whether or not they have a man or woman. Plus all that dumb ? about a woman completes me is stupid as ? to me, you complete yourself, not another person. This is how people stay in bad relationships!

its human nature to seek companionship. so there's nothing wrong with wanting someone to share your life with.

i think the issue ishow people decide who they will be with.
  • lady_c
    lady_c Members Posts: 201
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ok he ? on sherri with the dating potential example

and then steve harvey had to shut it down again

but serious ques. before the view, what major ? was sherri doing?
  • blackrain
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lady_c wrote: »

I've been wondering for a while how she went from the Jaimee Foxx show to standup comedy to being on The View lol...that's a major career jump
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

stand up...thats all i can think of
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    edited April 2010
    Options
    junegemini wrote: »
    stand up...thats all i can think of

Jamie Foxx Show
    The "funny" black chic on other sitcoms...
  • lady_c
    lady_c Members Posts: 201
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ok and shes in her 30's right? so i dont get how shes saying that she reached a point of 'successfulness' before a black man did so they are on different schedules/clocks. look like she just hit pay dirt herself.

maybe it's conditioning. as females we are taught from a very young age to go for 'successful' men. but what is success? successful could mean various things to various ppl. a man could be a successful electrician or plumber. can he buy a woman all the luis vuitton she wants? probably not, but that doesnt make him any less successful in what he does.

it's cool if you are on a certain level i guess, to not be unequally yoked, but again are we defining success in monetary value alone?
  • Simma II
    Simma II Banned Users Posts: 787
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Lol @ Sherri Shepherd on this show but also was in Soulmate
  • blackrain
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ok and shes in her 30's right? so i dont get how shes saying that she reached a point of 'successfulness' before a black man did so they are on different schedules/clocks. look like she just hit pay dirt herself.

maybe it's conditioning. as females we are taught from a very young age to go for 'successful' men. but what is success? successful could mean various things to various ppl. a man could be a successful electrician or plumber. can he buy a woman all the luis vuitton she wants? probably not, but that doesnt make him any less successful in what he does.

it's cool if you are on a certain level i guess, to not be unequally yoked, but again are we defining success in monetary value alone?

too many define it with too much emphasis on monetary and materialistic things
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

My sentiments exactly brotha. Black women can't hope to find Mr. Right, after they've sucked off dozens of Mr. Wrongs. In reality, why should "good brothas" care what black women or the black community have to say at all? The black community shuns good brothas for not cleaning up the mistakes of black women, so good brothas should counter this by leaving the "community" to rot. Let it burn....................................
  • Black Cat
    Black Cat Members Posts: 86
    edited April 2010
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    First... This is not a black issue.. This is a gender issue.. That goes accross all races.. So lets not make this a black white hispanic arabic or jewish thing.. This is something we have going on between MEN and WOMEN...

Exactly, but why black folks the only once talking about it on tv. SMH
    why can't people talk about their individual selves instead of all this black men this black woman that talk.
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    edited April 2010
    Options
    they acting,steve harvey, Dr Phil lol
  • jasonwllms55
    jasonwllms55 Members Posts: 810 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    First... This is not a black issue.. This is a gender issue.. That goes accross all races.. So lets not make this a black white hispanic arabic or jewish thing.. This is something we have going on between MEN and WOMEN...

Second.. Ladies.. There is nothin wrong with having standards.. But there is definately something wrong with being ridiculous.. Chilli is ridiculous for not wanting to date a man who eats pork.. That has nothing to do with the quality of man he is or will become...

Third.. Like Steve Harvey said.. REAL MEN are not intimidated by your ? Success.. Any real ? dont give a damn about you being successful.. We applaud that.. But the harsh reality of the situation is.. That when your mate is doing considerably better then you are.. Although she loves you... Its forces you as a man to look in the damn Mirror and want better for yourself.. So if a man feels detached its because he is thinkin about how he is gonna get himself right so he can be the man that he wants to be and the man that you want him to be..

That 3rd point is SOOO TRUE. I dont care how many degrees you got, where you got them from, or your damn job.
  • rhymentekniq2.0
    rhymentekniq2.0 Members Posts: 80 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    longmeat wrote: »
    like i said son, straight comedy. you can't even make a negative comment against a ? without being called a woman hater or bitter lol. i remember my ex told me i was bitter cause i told her the reason these hoes can't get a man is cause they're ? up. i'm like how am i the bitter one when you tell me everyday all the women in your family ? they can't find a man?

ima dvr the ? and watch over and over again with a cold glass of lemonade and some hot wings[/QUOTE]

i concour with these eleqoent words, i might get half and half flavors while im at it...splurge a little:cool:
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The bottomline is that most of these women dont represent the entire race of black women as a whole so quit boxing them into one. There are many successful women that are married etc, but the loudest voices are from the one's that are single.
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    The bottomline is that most of these women dont represent the entire race of black women as a whole so quit boxing them into one. There are many successful women that are married etc, but the loudest voices are from the one's that are single.

And the loudest ones are unwifeable. Good black women don't complain about the "lack" of quality black men, they are too busy out meeting them/dating them. Good black women don't call themselves "strong" black women, they display their strength through silence, submission and loyalty. Good black women have no problem submitting to their men, the "loud" ones boast about how independent they are.

Needless to say, good black women will be wifed with ease, most black women will die as unwed mothers with degrees..........................