Successful Black Women Having A Hard Time Finding Black Men Set To Air On ABC Tonight

Options

Comments

• longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    isayas wrote: »
    Why don't you want to be married? Don't u want kids?

Same for me. Don't wanna get married and don't want kids. My brother just had his first seed at 32. Me being a uncle is cool enough for me, never had the "I wanna boy!" feeling inside. Marriage in this country is ridiculous. For one with a 50% failure rate, the odds ain't in my favor. 2) I can't see myself splitting half the assets of my consulting firm with a women who put in 0 effort in making it grow. And 3) I've yet to find a woman who's even ethical and consistent in her perception of male/female relationships to even warrant me seriously having that convo with a broad.

EDIT: Aight ? I'm out. The show was comedy, the wings was good, I done beat off until all my DNA is plastered over my ceiling, and I got to tell y'all ? ass hoes y'all ain't ? . I give 2-3 weeks before the next article reminding the world why no one wants to date black women lol.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I want kids, i just don't care to ever having to be responsible or answering to anyone. I like doing what i wan't to do without restrictions, i'm a rolling stone.

an old head told me if i ever get married to open up a separate account and put everything in my mama name. just some advice is u do ever decide to say i do
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Naya wrote: »
    I didn't notice this in my school, in fact male privilege was still very much in effect. Perhaps things have changed now. But also I think at some point there comes personal responsiblity. The value of education needs to be emphasized so that, even though young black males may not be pandered to as much they will still go that extra mile to achieve. Yes, hiring more male teachers can help but at the end of the day one needs to take it upon himself to be a better person and a better student. Black women are not exactly having a cake walk either, both sides have struggles that we need to deal with.

It's easy to say that when most black women have their moms at home guiding them, most of us black men grew up fending for ourselves with no fathers in sight. I wish i could word it for you, i am more educated than most people in this country and i still feel the pressure of society on me. I feel like as a black man, i have to be extraordinary to be great in life.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You're right. Neither side is doing the community justice by airing out the ? laundry. But the problem is still there. Are you saying we shouldn't talk about it at all?

Yeah but were always talking. As long as there is institutional racism and a preference to be ignorant among our people than I don't see change. We just have to do what we can on a personal level. Unity is dead.
  • isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I want kids, i just don't care to ever having to be responsible or answering to anyone. I like doing what i wan't to do without restrictions, i'm a rolling stone.

Nice, I agree with you on answerin to another individual, and etc.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    genstasia wrote: »
    Guiding them where? not having a decent male in the house affects both genders not just one. and lil girls tend to their dads like lil boys tend to their moms.

A woman can't teach a man to be a man, a woman can teach a girl to be a woman. Not to mention females have aunts and other females to go to, how many ? you know who has a male mentor. Alot of ? turn to the streets, rappers,etc as role models.
  • Madam Speaker
    Madam Speaker Members Posts: 259
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Mad? No. Concerned about my future daughters? Yes.
    I'm African. If anything I'll just go back to the continent, I know they're still marrying. Hehe.

DAMN...lol
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    longmeat wrote: »
    ima put it like this. if you can't find a man, the problem is you. if you pushing 40 and don't nobody want your ass, you can't keep blaming everyone else. but these hoes don't want the truth, they want someone to co-sign their "? ain't ? " movement.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! Just cuz a woman has money doesn't mean she can be fat and sloppy......too many black women who whine about "I can't find a good man" are usually the same women who are chubby and out of shape.....lose some weight and return to the dating game. Attractive, decent, good hearted women should not have a hard time finding a good man.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This show was funny.

I knew I couldn't take this seriously when I saw Steve Harvey's name attached to it.

They could've put Tamron Hall on there instead of Sherri Shepard.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yup...lets just talk about how black women's standards are too high...instead of tackling the root of the problem which is WHY there aren't enough successful black men to choose from in the first place.....why are the college rates so skewed...no one wants to talk about that....black women, #cantwin

How come black men are not holding forums on ? NATIONAL TELEVISION on how "it's so hard for a brotha to find a woman"????

Why is it only black women complaining about this? Black women (sorry, SOME black women) need to look in the mirror.....how fat or chubby are you.....am I willing to look out for a man the way a man can look out for a woman.....do I have 3 kids with 3 men......

It's not just black women's fault, but if it's only black women complaining about stuff like this, there is a problem. I'm aware there are some men who complain about black women but you don't see us holding town hall forums on ? like this!!!!!!!!! Disgraceful......
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LOL I was hoping someone would bring this up. Do you know the income statistics for black men vs black women in this country?

On avg black men make 12% more than women.
    There's 75% more black women below the poverty level than black men
    There's 21% more black men in the 50-75k income bracket than black women
    There's 57% more black men in the 75k+ income bracket than black women.

LOL like I keep saying to y'all ? man, STOP GIVING THESE HOES A PLATFORM TO SPEAK!!!!

But let me guess, that's all irrelevant right. SMH, the problem with y'all ? is y'all deal too much in rhetoric. Until you leave fantasy land and start to be a bit more realistic in the situation, you're gonna always be single and miserable. And on top of that, even IF I was to assume that all these ? isn't up to par financially, once you get to 75k in income, you make more than 75% of all Americans, including whites. If you need someone to make that much, you've just eliminated hundreds of millions of potential suitors. There's a reason why men date down financially. Because there's no one else at the top.....

You just shut this whole platform down my dude......good post.
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Kimi wrote: »
    I'm a succesful Black Woman, that has a succesful Black Man. I don't think there is a reason for a Woman to settle, there are plenty of good Men out there. However, it's ok to be with a Man that makes less money than you do, as long as he's doing his best, and has other good qualities the money he makes isn't important.

Good post....and damn, your chest is nice, lol.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    "Men lie, women lie, but numbers don't."

But they can be deceptive.

The statistics used when people say that "there are MORE black men in PRISON than in COLLEGE" is deceptive.

If you were to take a sample of black men in the penal system, there is a greater range of ages, lets say 17-60, for example. If you were to compare this overall number to the number of black men in college, the penal system wins out, based on the fact that a larger sample size was used.

Example:
    About 10.4% of the entire African-American male population in the United States aged 25 to 29 was incarcerated, by far the largest racial or ethnic group—by comparison, 2.4% of Hispanic men and 1.2% of white men in that same age group were incarcerated. According to a report by the Justice Policy Institute in 2002, the number of black men in prison has grown to five times the rate it was twenty years ago. Today, more African-American men are in jail than in college. In 2000 there were 791,600 black men in prison and 603,032 enrolled in college. In 1980, there were 143,000 black men in prison and 463,700 enrolled in college.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0881455.html

But, if you were to take a sample of college aged black men, lets say from 17-25, and compare this total number to the their counterparts in the penal system in the same age range, the number in college wins out.

According to 2005 Census Bureau statistics, the male African-American population of the United States aged between 18 and 24 numbered 1,896,000. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 106,000 African-Americans in this age group were in federal or state prisons at the end of 2005. See table 10 of this report. If you add the numbers in local jail (measured in mid-2006), you arrive at a grand total of 193,000 incarcerated young Black males, or slightly over 10 percent.

According to the same census data, 530,000 of these African-American males, or twenty eight percent, were enrolled in colleges or universities (including two-year-colleges) in 2005. That is five times the number of young black men in federal and state prisons and two and a half times the total number incarcerated. If you expanded the age group to include African-American males up to thirty or thirty five, the college attendees would still outnumber the prisoners.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker/2007/10/young_black_males_headed_for_e_1.html

Hmmm?

I wonder why this is hardly bought up in these "town hall" type discussions?
  • kingblaze84
    edited April 2010
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    "Men lie, women lie, but numbers don't."

But they can be deceptive.

The statistics used when people say that "there are MORE black men in PRISON than in COLLEGE" is deceptive.

If you were to take a sample of black men in the penal system, there is a greater range of ages, lets say 17-60, for example. If you were to compare this overall number to the number of black men in college, the penal system wins out, based on the fact that a larger sample size was used.

Example:

But, if you were to take a sample of college aged black men, lets say from 17-25, and compare this total number to the their counterparts in the penal system in the same age range, the number in college wins out.

Hmmm?

I wonder why this is hardly bought up in these "town hall" type discussions?

Because many women don't want to look in the mirror and see that the problem is not just black men, but black women as well...........
  • Ham&CheeseHotPoc
    Ham&CheeseHotPoc Members Posts: 215
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the only ? that are successful are the ones that sell ? . who want a ? dealer on t.v.?
  • lady_c
    lady_c Members Posts: 201
    edited April 2010
    Options
    it's 2010 and 'white women' is still a phrase that still comes up in this arguement?

idk but i thought white women were 'out' and hispanic women were 'in' anyways, so maybe the argument is misplaced :unno
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i watched it online last night and it was actually entertaining. Sherri Sheppard had me rolling
  • freshfromatl
    freshfromatl Members Posts: 559
    edited April 2010
    Options
    junegemini wrote: »
    i watched it online last night and it was actually entertaining. Sherri Sheppard had me rolling

I co-sign the first sentence. That ? Hill Harper was out ther delivering that ether though. Steve Harvey also made some surprisingly good points and was funny at the same time. Overall, it wasn't bad in my opinion.
  • junegemini
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I co-sign the first sentence. That ? Hill Harper was out ther delivering that ether though. Steve Harvey also made some surprisingly good points and was funny at the same time. Overall, it wasn't bad in my opinion.

yea...I laughed at Sherri wanting a man to help take out her weave, but at the same time, i can understand what steve was saying

'a man that can cornrow and take them out aint your man...it aint in our DNA'--Steve

and i questioned, do these women really want a man to help take out weaves or take out their braids...i couldn't even ask my man for that favor...
  • Simma II
    Simma II Banned Users Posts: 787
    edited April 2010
    Options
    junegemini wrote: »

What's the link? I want to check it out
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If there's dead beats on both sides, then they negate each other. Unless you have some numbers claiming that there's more dead beats on one side than the other (psst....check the stat I gave on the number below the poverty level). lol but here's the real issue who's the ones complaining they can't find someone? Was it why can't successful black men find a woman? Was the previous ABC special about men? Was any articles or tv shows on the subject in the last 10 years about men? No it was about the ? . So if the ? are the ones complaining and the ? are the ones looking for answers, when a ? give y'all ? the answer don't say "no that's not true." LOL because at that point all a ? gonna say is uhhh, ok ? , and just keep it moving.

Why do you think in all the time this subject comes up in the media, this is the FIRST time anyone has ever asked a man his opinion. And they didn't ask regular men like they've been asking regular women for years. They bring on celebs and tv personalities. Y'all want the answer here's the answer, if you can't get a man, it's your fault. Point blank period. Because the excuses y'all are coming up with as to why you can't get a man, doesn't add up to the rhetoric that's being promoted. But y'all hoes don't want truth. Y'all want someone to tell y'all it's not your fault because you're a good black woman (another rhetorical phrase which requires no real definition or has a baseline standards to meet).
    lmao.. y everyone ignore this post, lmao....
  • junegemini
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    So I didn't watch the show. Was there any kind of constructive thinking, forward thinking or new ideas brought into the discussion? Or was it the same old stuff with no progress or effort @ reconciliation?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • junegemini
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the commentary made me think of Chilli's show (i know :( )

a relationship is about giving and taking...sometimes, some of that stuff on our 'list' has to be sacrificed to find your match...

im not saying its impossible to find everything you're looking for, but damn sure is hard
  • missjcapri
    missjcapri Members Posts: 1,418
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Smh @ all the ignorant comments in this thread..........................................

Some of you all are the reason black women complain and we have every right to