Successful Black Women Having A Hard Time Finding Black Men Set To Air On ABC Tonight

Options

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Man, you know they'll never go for that. That's too "logical". Black women want to continue to be fed their delusions, and with the media, films,the government and the save-a-hoe court system on their side, those delusions won't shift. It's amazing, they could be only secretaries, but they'll overlook a brotha if he doesn't own a company. They have all these lists of requirements, but don't even know how to make a sandwich...............

not every black woman is like that and even the successful ones aren't all set in their ways, its just the small few that give women on a whole a bad name.
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    not every black woman is like that and even the successful ones aren't all set in their ways, its just the small few that give women on a whole a bad name.

Yeah, but the good successful black women have no problem finding men/getting wifed up. They're too busy living the good life with their good man to even worry about the complaints of the many. The ones that have problems finding good men have either 1) ? around wih too many losers too mention 2) Trying to hide their hoe past 3) Have a list of requirements but bring nothing to the table themselves 4) Have too much baggage(kids, "closeness" with their ex), and no man wants to deal with that.

Also, women have to understand education and success doesn't = goodness of character. A lot of these women don't pick up a book outside of jet, ebony or zane after college so their education is in reality very limited. A lot of "educated", "successful" women have lost their feminity. They don't know how to cook or even much less keep a house clean, but they want a man that has the world in his palms.

Educated black women with demands= single

Educated black women with act right= get wifed with ease.................................
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    its some good black women out here but i just wanna hear what they have to say
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah, but the good successful black women have no problem finding men/getting wifed up. They're too busy living the good life with their good man to even worry about the complaints of the many. The ones that have problems finding good men have either 1) ? around wih too many losers too mention 2) Trying to hide their hoe past 3) Have a list of requirements but bring nothing to the table themselves 4) Have too much baggage(kids, "closeness" with their ex), and no man wants to deal with that.

Also, women have to understand education and success doesn't = goodness of character. A lot of these women don't pick up a book outside of jet, ebony or zane after college so their education is in reality very limited. A lot of "educated", "successful" women have lost their feminity. They don't know how to cook or even much less keep a house clean, but they want a man that has the world in his palms.

Educated black women with demands= single

Educated black women with act right= get wifed with ease.................................

Some of these women that have these requirements aren't bad women they just are picky, there is a difference. Also not every woman has a past to hide or is messing with losers etc each situation is different.
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Small minds talk about people. *sighs* Like my nanny told me... its not about who you like, its who likes you. That's what I focus on...not the other petty BS. One monkey surely stops a show, and that is really unfortunate in this situation.
  • ms.jones
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Naya wrote: »
    My mom tells me this all the time!

And it is the truth....its not about settling, or not having standards....its about building something with someone who WANTS to be there, and have things with you. I swear, threads like these hurt to the core, because I see a different side of things, things that are positive, but you would never see it get to the light of day.
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ms.jones wrote: »
    And it is the truth....its not about settling, or not having standards....its about building something with someone who WANTS to be there, and have things with you. I swear, threads like these hurt to the core, because I see a different side of things, things that are positive, but you would never see it get to the light of day.

I thinks it's bout time you threw yourself back in your avi

how da gym treating you?

Ok I'm done no derail
  • yaboytheflashh
    yaboytheflashh Members Posts: 549
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • ms.jones
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I thinks it's bout time you threw yourself back in your avi

how da gym treating you?

Ok I'm done no derail

LOL!!! Hey Bwoah...I'm on my way...just waiting for my iPhone to charge up a little bit more...I hate listening to the music they play in the gym.
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Some of these women that have these requirements aren't bad women they just are picky, there is a difference. Also not every woman has a past to hide or is messing with losers etc each situation is different.

Respectively, there is a fine line between being picky and delusional/ridiculous requirements. You'd be surprised too, the overwhelming majority of "sistas" that have so many "experiences", you couldn't imagine. They'll never tell you, of course. Even in my "wild" days, I knew chicks that had full trains ran on them back in the day, had multiple abortions, but now they're claiming to be "educated" and have been "wifed" up by unsuspecting brothas. These brothas think they have trophies on their arms too, all I can do is smh.................................................
  • charmgirl80
    charmgirl80 Members Posts: 46
    edited April 2010
    Options
    wow, i see this issue will never go away lol
  • ms.jones
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Respectively, there is a fine line between being picky and delusional/ridiculous requirements. You'd be surprised too, the overwhelming majority of "sistas" that have so many "experiences", you couldn't imagine. They'll never tell you, of course. Even in my "wild" days, I knew chicks that had full trains ran on them back in the day, had multiple abortions, but now they're claiming to be "educated" and have been "wifed" up by unsuspecting brothas. These brothas think they have trophies on their arms too, all I can do is smh.................................................

Sweets...the same can be said for any number of women. Its not just excluded to black women. It just so happens that it's cool to ? on the black woman, and always have been. Black men have songs out that say "? ain't ? but hoes and tricks" Whites have songs out that talk about how precious and pure their women are....yet, the same precious and pure women they make ballads about were sucking off the offensive line in hopes of being the "one" when that ? mandigo signs on with a Pro team. So you see, its always been a certain disadvantage to being a black woman in America no matter what she does, says, or shows. Don't matter what the color, every woman has done something in her past that isn't too Mary Mother ? like. Keep thinking that since she isn't black, she's wholesome. Psh.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    wow, i see this issue will never go away lol

nope it never will just the same old sad song.
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ms.jones wrote: »
    Sweets...the same can be said for any number of women. Its not just excluded to black women. It just so happens that it's cool to ? on the black woman, and always have been. Black men have songs out that say "? ain't ? but hoes and tricks" Whites have songs out that talk about how precious and pure their women are....yet, the same precious and pure women they make ballads about were sucking off the offensive line in hopes of being the "one" when that ? mandigo signs on with a Pro team. So you see, its always been a certain disadvantage to being a black woman in America no matter what she does, says, or shows. Don't matter what the color, every woman has done something in her past that isn't too Mary Mother ? like. Keep thinking that since she isn't black, she's wholesome. Psh.

I certainly agree that the problem/epidemic has homogenized itself onto other races of women. The average woman in America is a risky choice for a good man to wife up. But, as I always say, when America has a cold, black America has the flu. Trust, I encountered a ton of white ? in my day, and I've internally laughed at brothas that wife those ? up too. A woman that is more traditionally raised has the greater propensity to turn out as a good woman/ find a good man.....................
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Damn, they still beating this same dead horse issue? They should change the word "successful" to boushy. First of all, they need to stop actin like the majority of black women out here are these successful corporate-type women or CEOs of some Forbes 400 companies, when theres really only a very small of them. Its an illusion. Second, they need be more self-reflactive and figure out what is it about them the repels men away them, instead of blaming black men and bringing up statistics about how many ? are in jail, etc., and stop using that same tired excuse that all black men are intimidated by their so-called "successful". Third, they need to get rid of that false entitlement like having a a college degree or a good job automatically makes them "good women" and like their "owed" a man. There are black women are out here who aint even got a college education who are good women.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    wtf is a boushy????
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? date whoever you want I'm so sick of this topic it's really getting out of control me I don't care.

? When did master degrees measure the success of a black woman what happened to you girls being the backbone of our families bet hey ? it it's 2010 get yours right?

So get it if u can obtain a level of success where your comfortable good go out and get your man what's holding you back hmmm maybe it's you.

Plus another thing that kills me women act like they can't support someone who isn't in there income brackett what about back in the day when we had too bust our ? and u guys weren't even allowed to work or succeed and we took it on the chin just like now because that's the way it's suppose too bewe suppose too hold each other down.

It's not like that anymore we need too just quit the race ? because anything anybody ever see these days is green so dead this ? topic like who you like and stop going on T.V and ? degrading us.
  • jaurenlo
    jaurenlo Members Posts: 263
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I want a black woman and Ill find one thats not ? . Pretty smooth to me.
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Damn, they still beating this same dead horse issue? They should change the word "successful" to boushy. First of all, they need to stop actin like the majority of black women out here are these successful corporate-type women or CEOs of some Forbes 400 companies, when theres really only a very small of them. Its an illusion. Second, they need be more self-reflactive and figure out what is it about them the repels men away them, instead of blaming black men and bringing up statistics about how many ? are in jail, etc., and stop using that same tired excuse that all black men are intimidated by their so-called "successful". Third, they need to get rid of that false entitlement like having a a college degree or a good job automatically makes them "good women" and like their "owed" a man. There are black women are out here who aint even got a college education who are good women.

Co-sign.....................
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Co-sign.....................

I agree!!!!!
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    wtf is a boushy????

You dont know what it means to be boushy???
  • jaurenlo
    jaurenlo Members Posts: 263
    edited April 2010
    Options
    bourgeois is the word your looking for.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It upsets me me that people are willing to get on tv and talk about this
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    sometimes I'm an ?

and I just can't help it
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    On some real ? .....even Im getting tired of this subject....The Media is straight milking this ?