Isn't it hilarious how much Italians/Sicilian Americans hate Blacks

Options

Comments

• KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    All those Euro and Mediterranean countries have not been exposed to the civil rights movement we have so they are still in the dark (no pun) with alot of these racist issues. The funny ? is Italian people look down on Sicilians due to Sicilly being mutted out due to other cutlures (Moors, Phoenicians, Greeks,etc), it's some xenophobia between the countries.

It's just basic human nature ? , you are more comfortable with what looks like you and instead of learning to judge people individually they become racist. Then you have cultural norms that cause future seperation.

With all that said, there are good and bad people from every ? culture, all that broad generalization is stupid. You have Spanish people who have biases against other Spanish (Puerto Ricans vs Columbians) or even (Jamaicans vs Haitians).

Naw it ain't a generalization. For Example watch this:

It ain't a generalization
    All these ? whites throwing bananas on the field and shouting slurs. This is upwards of 100,000 people
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Naw it ain't a generalization. For Example watch this:

It ain't a generalization
    All these ? whites throwing bananas on the field and shouting slurs. This is upwards of 100,000 people

It is generalization when you act like a whole culture or group of people is like that, this is basic common sense here dude. Anyone can find some video of racism by any group including black folks and post it to paint a whole group as bad.

Only people who make broad generalizations like that are people with limited experiences with other cultures. Take it from someone who's first racist experience was from a Italian family growing up as a kid
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    1264176336_top-10-hottest-italian-women_8.jpg
    1264179307_top-10-hottest-italian-women_7.jpg

these Italian women are mixed with something ....
  • KingJamal
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It is generalization when you act like a whole culture or group of people is like that, this is basic common sense here dude. Anyone can find some video of racism by any group including black folks and post it to paint a whole group as bad.

Only people who make broad generalizations like that are people with limited experiences with other cultures. Take it from someone who's first racist experience was from a Italian family growing up as a kid

There isn't one video of a group of 100,000 black folks being extremely racist to anyone. Thats all Ima say.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    There isn't one video of a group of 100,000 black folks being extremely racist to anyone. Thats all Ima say.

Does it matter what the number is, the point being those 100k doesn't represent a whole culture of people.
  • KingJamal
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Does it matter what the number is, the point being those 100k doesn't represent a whole culture of people.

Of course not 100% of them are like that but the majority are. Like that video said unlike the United States they never had a Civil Rights Movement. So being racist is a normal thing over there.
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

haha it's mostly caucasians that get down like that. something is wrong with them, i thought everyone was aware of that.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Actually due to the Western stigma of Africans, Id say that most Italians try to deny any African heritage.
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ital;ians have very minimal African heritage, where do you idiots get your info from?

Their dark skin is due to their climate, nothing more nothing less, and don'\t give me that ? about the Moors, cause the Moors were all over Europe.
  • garv
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Actually due to the Western stigma of Africans, Id say that most Italians try to deny any African heritage.

They deny it cause they hardly have any recent African heritage.
  • garv
    edited September 2011
    Options

Whats a generalization?

Italians massacred thousands of Ethiopians, when have Africans done the same?
  • CapitalC
    CapitalC Members Posts: 2,056
    edited September 2011
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    Whats a generalization?

Italians massacred thousands of Ethiopians, when have Africans done the same?

The bolded can't be serious...
  • KingJamal
    edited September 2011
    Options
    CapitalC wrote: »
    The bolded can't be serious...

If ur referring to the rwanda genocide that was some divide and conquer ? that europeans put into their heads. Hutu's and Tutsi's are the same race different ethnic groups.
  • CapitalC
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If ur referring to the rwanda genocide that was some divide and conquer ? that europeans put into their heads. Hutu's and Tutsi's are the same race different ethnic groups.

Does it matter? So the Europeans are to blame for Africans ? up?
    And I didn't have a specific genocide in my mind...
  • KingJamal
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Does it matter? So the Europeans are to blame for Africans ? up?
    And I didn't have a specific genocide in my mind...

Somewhat

European Colonialism and imperialism had an extremely negative effect on Africa
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    well i aint never seen a hunkie get darker through the generations cause of location. if thats the case shouldnt those white south africans be black as hell? my thoughts exactly
  • CapitalC
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Somewhat

European Colonialism and imperialism had an extremely negative effect on Africa

Lol and my parents divorcing had an extrememly negative effect on me, but If I start shooting people because of it...
  • KingJamal
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lol and my parents divorcing had an extrememly negative effect on me, but If I start shooting people because of it...

come on bruh that ain't even the same thing

I mean are u saying Colonialism and imperialism and ? the resourses of Africa didn't have a negative impact?
  • PLASTIC RULES
    PLASTIC RULES Members Posts: 1,535 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Italianoids were considered blacc before blaccs, so it kind of makes sense. Some type of weird self-hate.
  • garv
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Italianoids were considered blacc before blaccs, so it kind of makes sense. Some type of weird self-hate.

What the ? is an italianoid?

And they were never considered black.
  • PLASTIC RULES
    PLASTIC RULES Members Posts: 1,535 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

By "considered blacc" I mean they were maligned in the mainstream just like blaccs are today. Majority of them lived in the ghettos.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    And I can't believe there are black women who love them all the while they stay calling us mooleys and all this other racist ?

? that mooley ? , they should get there head put on a platter for that ?

Ha this is ironic
    kevin_hart.jpg
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

Americans used to calle them ? and all that just like the Irish. They got lynched too until they became "white".
  • garv
    edited September 2011
    Options
    By "considered blacc" I mean they were maligned in the mainstream just like blaccs are today. Majority of them lived in the ghettos.

Then why did you mention self hate?
  • garv
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Americans used to calle them ? and all that just like the Irish. They got lynched too until they became "white".

I don't care what they were called, thats nothing more than European tribal beef, there all crackers, they never became white, they were always white its in their DNA, the British people that are seen as the archetype white people also have Italian blood via the Romans.
This discussion has been closed.