edited September 2011
    Options
    cosign thread.
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    People are caught up in the Mirage of Vick and his big play ability . He is a problem for defenses yes because of his ? given talent . But as a whole he is just average . Romo is a better QB , but as a fan of Dallas he aint great either . He has to win when it counts and stop making ? decisions in critical moments .

Pretty much sums it up
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This whole thread is hilarious. There hasn't been one logical argument in supporting Vick > Romo. Not one.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    really? he's gets picked off too much to be that accurate especially on short passes so I disagree with that

Romo doesnt throw that many ints (ur thinking about drew brees)
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ? must be basing their logic on fantasy points or something.

Its hilarious the "reasons" other QBs mistakes arent amplified like Romo's are.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Horrible logic.

As if Vick (Or any other Qb for that matter) has never made mistakes...

As if Vick doesn't have more turnovers than Romo.

As if Romo didn't look great the 1st three quarters of the Jets game.
    As if Romo didn't play a spectacular game against SF while hurt.
    As if Romo didn't single-handedly win the game against Washington, despite injury, while the rest of the inexperienced offense was a disaster.

Come on ? .

get mad all u want thats my opinion. And Romo has to stop nuttin up in big games. Romo has to take his team deep in the playoffs, both something he has yet to do but Vick has already accomplished.... with ur logic River is teh best qb in the game cuz he puts up all the stats and that should cancel out his failures.... When I think of Romom I think of a talented qb who is stupid.... makes mistakes in big games.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Romo doesnt throw that many ints (ur thinking about drew brees)

it aint the number of ints he throws it's how it happens and brees doesnt throw that many ints anyway
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    get mad all u want thats my opinion. And Romo has to stop nuttin up in big games. Romo has to take his team deep in the playoffs, both something he has yet to do but Vick has already accomplished.... with ur logic River is teh best qb in the game cuz he puts up all the stats and that should cancel out his failures.... When I think of Romom I think of a talented qb who is stupid.... makes mistakes in big games.

You clearly aint see the last two games he played in. Seems like you're stuck on the game in seattle and the game against the jets earlier this year and that's it. Two bad games where he personally made big mistakes. TWO bad games? Foh...

Vick has had more than two bad games.

And no, even if my logic was best stats = best player (which it isnt), Rivers wouldn't be the best QB in the league, cuz he DOESN'T put up the best numbers. Brady does.

You a lil on the slow side.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    You clearly aint see the last two games he played in. Seems like you're stuck on the game in seattle and the game against the jets earlier this year and that's it. Two bad games where he personally made big mistakes. TWO bad games? Foh...

And no, even if my logic was best stats = best player (which it isnt), Rivers wouldn't be the best QB in the league, cuz he DOESN'T put up the best numbers. Brady does.

lies. . . . . . .
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Cause Romo is a guaranteed flop in clutch situations. Makes him a liability.
  • motrilla
    motrilla Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Just2C wrote: »
    Romo is statistically a Top 5 QB and has been so for the past 3-4 years.

Mike Vick has been Mike Vick. Hes like a action flick. Lots of flash, very explosive and exciting to watch but very little substance.

Romo is the #4 all time with a passer rating of 95.5

This isn't really even debatable. I'd go as far to say that judging off his whole career prior to last season and including this year so far
    Last year for Vick was a fluke he's come back to earth.
  • R.D.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    motrilla wrote: »
    Romo is the #4 all time with a passer rating of 95.5

This isn't really even debatable. I'd go as far to say that judging off his whole career prior to last season and including this year so far
    Last year for Vick was a fluke he's come back to earth.

Romo and Vick both have 4TDs and 2 picks this year as well as about the same amount of yards. Btw, Vick has played less
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

I saw his pick vs the Giants in the 07 playoffs. I saw the botched snap vs Seattle, I saw the game vs Minnesota in the playoffs 2 years ago, I saw the fuckshit vs the Jets in game 1 this year. Romo has all the tools but he cancels all of that out with bone headed plays and turnovers in bad situations.
  • motrilla
    motrilla Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    Romo and Vick both have 4TDs and 2 picks this year as well as about the same amount of yards. Btw, Vick has played less

Lies...... Romo has 942 yds to Vicks 605 also don't forget Vick has 6 fumbles this year already and most importantly is in last place in the NFC east
  • R.D.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    motrilla wrote: »
    Lies...... Romo has 942 yds to Vicks 605 also don't forget Vick has 6 fumbles this year already and most importantly is in last place in the NFC east

wowww Vick fumbled. I s that what we judge QBs by now ? They're not losing games because of offense !
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    wowww Vick fumbled. I s that what we judge QBs by now ? They're not losing games because of offense !

I think motrilla's point was proving you to be stupid by saying they have about the same amount of yards this year.

And Vick fumbled 6 times in three games. Or actually LESS than three games as you so conveniently pointed out.
    And yes, we judge QBs off of turnovers. Not usually fumbles, but Vick's style of play makes him very fumble-prone, so fumbles are factored more heavily when it comes to him. And the Eagles are losing games because of a combination of offense and defense.

aneed123 wrote: »
    I saw his pick vs the Giants in the 07 playoffs. I saw the botched snap vs Seattle, I saw the game vs Minnesota in the playoffs 2 years ago, I saw the fuckshit vs the Jets in game 1 this year. Romo has all the tools but he cancels all of that out with bone headed plays and turnovers in bad situations.

His pick against the team that eventually won the Super Bowl wasnt even that non-clutch. It was a 4th n 11 at the end of the game, the Giants D Line was killing the O Line, Romo had to heave it basically. Your favorite QB woulda threw the same pick. Nobody in the league was beating the Giants in the playoffs so scratch that.

The botched snap in Seattle was clumsy, but he wasn't the original holder, he was filling in. So it wasn't his normal job.

The ENTIRE TEAM quit against the Vikings, wasn't anything to do with Romo not being clutch. Defense didn't do jack.

Yes the interception was boneheaded against the Jets, I'll give you that. But other than that he played a marvelous game and it wasn't entirely his fault they lost like you're trying to make it out to be. The blocked punt TD was the turning point.

But how about you be objective and look at his two games SINCE the Jets game? The epitome of being clutch and a team leader.

Like I said before, since Romo became the starter, he has the best passer rating out of any QB in the league in the 4th quarter. Including, Brady, Manning, Brees etc... That's pretty much the definition of clutch.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think motrilla's point was proving you to be stupid by saying they have about the same amount of yards this year.

And Vick fumbled 6 times in three games. Or actually LESS than three games as you so conveniently pointed out.
    And yes, we judge QBs off of turnovers. Not usually fumbles, but Vick's style of play makes him very fumble-prone, so fumbles are factored more heavily when it comes to him. And the Eagles are losing games because of a combination of offense and defense.

His pick against the team that eventually won the Super Bowl wasnt even that non-clutch. It was a 4th n 11 at the end of the game, the Giants D Line was killing the O Line, Romo had to heave it basically. Your favorite QB woulda threw the same pick. Nobody in the league was beating the Giants in the playoffs so scratch that.

The botched snap in Seattle was clumsy, but he wasn't the original holder, he was filling in. So it wasn't his normal job.

The ENTIRE TEAM quit against the Vikings, wasn't anything to do with Romo not being clutch. Defense didn't do jack.

Yes the interception was boneheaded against the Jets, I'll give you that. But other than that he played a marvelous game and it wasn't entirely his fault they lost like you're trying to make it out to be. The blocked punt TD was the turning point.

But how about you be objective and look at his two games SINCE the Jets game? The epitome of being clutch and a team leader.

Like I said before, since Romo became the starter, he has the best passer rating out of any QB in the league in the 4th quarter. Including, Brady, Manning, Brees etc... That's pretty much the definition of clutch.

cosign......
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

you're lying to yourself...romo went over 300 yards vs jets and 49ers and then 250 with me and my boys playing receiver. vick playing with d-jack & maclin and still cant put up romo numbers.
  • dbrazil412
    edited October 2011
    Options
    coop in here droppin heat

though i like people will say romo isnt clutch, which for the most part has been proven true....but how does that make VICK any better? yall ? act like he tom brady in those situations. what has he done in the playoffs, other than one big win at lambeau his 2nd year in the leauge???
  • dbrazil412
    edited October 2011
    Options
    how many 300 yard passing games does vick have??

lol its funny when you have a guy who says he wont argue stats to say one guy is better than another. maybe cause the one guy who he's arguing against, has better stats top to bottom
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    thread title say it all
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    you're lying to yourself...romo went over 300 yards vs jets and 49ers and then 250 with me and my boys playing receiver. vick playing with d-jack & maclin and still cant put up romo numbers.

Jesse Holley? Is that you son!?
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    Jesse Holley? Is that you son!?

Still celebrating LOL
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    how many 300 yard passing games does vick have??

lol its funny when you have a guy who says he wont argue stats to say one guy is better than another. maybe cause the one guy who he's arguing against, has better stats top to bottom

Brady fans catch feelings
  • R.D.
    edited October 2011
    Options
    too many cowbitches fans in here
This discussion has been closed.