Romo>>>>>>>>Vick

Options

Comments

• FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    his first 2 full seasons as starter manning threw 17 and 18 picks. sanchez first 2 seasons he threw 20 and 13

il give eli props for throwing more 7 TDs, but he only threw 50 more pass attempts than sanchez in his 2nd season with sanchez completing a (slightly) higher % he threw for 500 more yards so ill also give him that

eli got back to back 4000 yard seasons, IN YEAR 6 and 7. again sanchez just starting year 3

That was my whole point, Eli was still making big plays down the field even though he was throwing picks...This year will probably be Sanchez' 1st year getting over the 20td mark, Eli has done that every year he's been in the league with the exception on 2004 in which he only started 7 games....But I hate talkin bout stats though...I judge off what I see, and Eli is a far better QB than Sanchez...Pre snap and while the play is going on..
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    That was my whole point, while Eli was still making big plays down the field even though he was throwing picks...This year will probably be Sanchez' 1st year getting over the 20td mark, Eli has done that every year he's been in the league with the exception on 2004 in which he only started 7 games....But I hate talkin bout stats though...I judge off what I see, and Eli is a far better QB than Sanchez...Pre snap and while the plat is going on..

yes right now he is.. eli 8 years in

you said youd take 29 other starting QBs over sanchez right now... are you including these lol

tavaris jackson
    donovan mcnabb
    colt mccoy
    kevin kolb
    jason campbell
    alex smith
    blaine gabbert
    chad henne
    matt hasselback
    rex grossman
    kerry collins

be honest.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    you say that as if sanchez plays bad every game. he's helped the jets win before
    but since we wanna state facts
    romo>>>vick

nope, thats opinion ! your opinion !
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    both are pussssssssssssy
  • FlyFreeCt
    edited September 2011
    Options

you said youd take 29 other starting QBs over sanchez right now... are you including these lol

tavaris jackson
    donovan mcnabb
    colt mccoy
    kevin kolb
    jason campbell
    alex smith
    blaine gabbert
    chad henne
    matt hasselback
    rex grossman
    kerry collins

Lmao...id take all except the bolded
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

tavaris jackson

donovan mcnabb
    colt mccoy
    kevin kolb
    jason campbell
    alex smith
    blaine gabbert
    chad henne
    matt hasselback
    rex grossman
    kerry collins

Yes to bolded

At least Grossman took advantage of his great defense and went to the superbowl
  • b*braze
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lmao...id take all except the bolded

lol now i know you aint bein honest. you could sell me on donovan for what he used to be able to do

but blaine gabbert, colt mccoy, jason campbell, and chad henne over sanchez based on what?

edit: add andy dalton to the list
  • momanpr100
    momanpr100 Members Posts: 482 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Totally different. Vick carried the team. Sanchez is just there for the ride.

Vick didnt carry that team. That was the same team that Mcnabb took to the playoffs and got smashed by Romo and the boys. See they was already a playoff team.
  • FlyFreeCt
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol now i know you aint bein honest. you could sell me on donovan for what he used to be able to do

but blaine gabbert, colt mccoy, jason campbell, and chad henne over sanchez based on what?

Lol...Gabbert is a rookie, I think he'll be better than Sanchez....McNabb, even at his age and decline is still better than Sanchez....Jason Campbell has been solid in Oakland, at least from what I've seen...Henne is the only one i'd question, but I would still feel more comfortable with him as my QB than Sanchez...and McCoy already looks like he's a better option than Sanchez in his 2nd year
  • b*braze
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lol...Gabbert is a rookie, I think he'll be better than Sanchez....McNabb, even at his age and decline is still better than Sanchez....Jason Campbell has been solid in Oakland, at least from what I've seen...Henne is the only one i'd question, but I would still feel more comfortable with him as my QB than Sanchez...and McCoy already looks like he's a better option than Sanchez in his 2nd year

jason campbell solid in oakland? look again.

gabbert is rookie. we've seen nothin to seriously make a real judgement on him either way

chad henne 2 seasons as starter 12 and 14, 15 and 19. his TD to INT ratio worse than sanchez

mccoy went 6 and 9 in 8 games. i like his poise, but he has a weak arm and ive seen nothing that would make me start him over sanchez if they were both on my team
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Tavaris Jackson really ? Now thats reverse racism right there
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Campbell first two year as a starter passer rating 77.6 and 84.3 (93.8) this year, Sanchez 63 and 75.3 (90.1) this year
  • b*braze
    edited September 2011
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Campbell first two year as a starter passer rating 77.6 and 84.3 (93.8) this year, Sanchez 63 and 75.3 (90.1) this year

tell the whole story
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    tell the whole story

Sanchez was a first round draft pick and his first two years he had lil access to the offensive playbook beacuse he isn't that good but people thinks hes good even going so far to say he is a top ten qb. Hell jamie dukes said he was better then josh freeman because of two back to back afc championship lol. Since playoff wins became and offical stat of judgin qb's (Romo) people overrated below average qb's such as Mark Sanchez because of this stat....
  • FlyFreeCt
    edited September 2011
    Options
    jason campbell solid in oakland? look again.

gabbert is rookie. we've seen nothin to seriously make a real judgement on him either way

chad henne 2 seasons as starter 12 and 14, 15 and 19. his TD to INT ratio worse than sanchez

mccoy went 6 and 9 in 8 games. i like his poise, but he has a weak arm and ive seen nothing that would make me start him over sanchez if they were both on my team

Just the fact that he's even in the same sentence as these guys should tell you he's not good...he's a below average QB in the NFL..
  • b*braze
    edited September 2011
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Sanchez was a first round draft pick and his first two years he had lil access to the offensive playbook beacuse he isn't that good but people thinks hes good even going so far to say he is a top ten qb. Hell jamie dukes said he was better then josh freeman because of two back to back afc championship lol. Since playoff wins became and offical stat of judgin qb's (Romo) people overrated below average qb's such as Mark Sanchez because of this stat....

never heard this in all my travels
  • b*braze
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just the fact that he's even in the same sentence as these guys should tell you he's not good...he's a below average QB in the NFL..

YOU put him there... not me. i got him above them guys
  • FlyFreeCt
    edited September 2011
    Options
    YOU put him there... not me. i got him above them guys

Nah you named all the ? that you would take him on ya squad over....None of them ? you named were relevant lol...
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Grossman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vick & Romo.he the only one besides Eli in that division who has went to the Super Bowl.End discussion.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Grossman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vick & Romo.he the only one besides Eli in that division who has went to the Super Bowl.End discussion.

now you taking ? to far
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Romo is statistically a Top 5 QB and has been so for the past 3-4 years.

Mike Vick has been Mike Vick. Hes like a action flick. Lots of flash, very explosive and exciting to watch but very little substance.
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »

That was due to the defense and special teams extroardinary play that year. Grossman peaked in college. Hasnt been about ? since.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Here's something interesting...

For all people saying Romo ain't clutch...

Since 2006, he has the best passer rating in the 4th quarter of ANY QUARTERBACK IN THE LEAGUE.

Let that sink in

And there's no way you can say Vick is a better QB than Romo.

Better player? Ehhhhhh... THAT'S debatable.

Only cuz Vick is more of an athlete and plays the QB position unlike anybody has ever played it before. However, that is not always good and sometimes hinders the team. For example, more fumbles and exposing him to injury way more than usual.

As far as pure quarterbacking play, Romo is better. And that is proven largely by statistics, but also watching games as well.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Romo done gave away 3 playoff games with mistakes..... Im sorry he isnt better than Vick. picks and fumbles and bad snaps take away form his greatness... week 1 vs the Jets showed why he wasnt better

Horrible logic.

As if Vick (Or any other Qb for that matter) has never made mistakes...

As if Vick doesn't have more turnovers than Romo.

As if Romo didn't look great the 1st three quarters of the Jets game.
    As if Romo didn't play a spectacular game against SF while hurt.
    As if Romo didn't single-handedly win the game against Washington, despite injury, while the rest of the inexperienced offense was a disaster.

Come on ? .
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    some of ya'll ? are getting out of line with ya'll quotes lol
This discussion has been closed.