Romo>>>>>>>>Vick

Options

Comments

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    htowntx wrote: »
    Mark Sanchez has more playoff wins and more conference title game appearences, so he's better than vick

funny how people arguing vick is better ignored this post
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

Totally different. Vick carried the team. Sanchez is just there for the ride.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

sanchez actually perform better in the playoffs than he do in the regular season
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

Jets win in spite of Sanchez not because of him
  • Already Home_17
    edited September 2011
    Options

yet sanchez has thrown for 4 more td's, more yards, has more wins and a far better passer rating
    oh yeah, he's been in the league for far less years than vick
    but i guess we should ignore his productivity since he was just"there for the ride"
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    sanchez actually perform better in the playoffs than he do in the regular season

But if he didn't have a dominant defense getting him into the playoffs, he wouldn't have that chance..That ? is awful....He still has more career picks than td's....He shouldn't be a part of any QB discussion.
  • Mrslim1
    Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Vick number 1 pick . Romo undrafted free agent .
  • Already Home_17
    edited September 2011
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    Jets win in spite of Sanchez not because of him

yeah he really cost the jets in his last playoff appearance
    he only threw 5 td's and 1 pick. dreadful
  • b*braze
    edited September 2011
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    But if he didn't have a dominant defense getting him into the playoffs, he wouldn't have that chance..That ? is awful....He still has more career picks than td's....He shouldn't be a part of any QB discussion.

that dominant defense dont put up enough points on its own to carry the team to the playoffs.
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    @vageneral

how is vick better than romo?? if i wasnt a cowboys fan, i would have the same opinion, and would have presented the same stats to back it up

where's CJ at to give the right answer. its because he's black..
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b*braze wrote: »
    that dominant defense dont put up enough points on its own to carry the team to the playoffs.

Not saying they put up points like that, but they put him in a better situation to succeed constantly...Whether it's shifting field position as often as they did it last year with 3 & outs or turnovers...They help him alot...
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Vick at least has as many playoff appearances as Romo as playoff wins and appearances combine so ima say he better IMO

Wins aren't the best measurement for a QB because u hafta make so many exceptions. Like people sayin Sanchez is better than Vick with ur logic. Grossman made it to a SB, Vick never has...he's better? Brad Johnson has a SB win...Vick just has a NFCC appearance. See all the exceptions...makes it a bad rule. Go by stats...a lot less exceptions
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    @vageneral

how is vick better than romo?? if i wasnt a cowboys fan, i would have the same opinion, and would have presented the same stats to back it up

where's CJ at to give the right answer. its because he's black..

all that playoff appearance and win ? .....c'mon you know that's a team effort now if you basing just off pure qb skill alone then romo still isnt better than vick
  • dbrazil412
    edited September 2011
    Options
    honestly, its easy for people to choose vick. he's by far the most exciting player...

and really. what has tony romo done............but break the majority of dallas cowboys passing records

but yeah i'll take vick and his 1 more playoff win. i'll ignore the terrible completion percentage, because he can run very fast and get alot of rushing yards.

some of the CS logic is mind-boggling
  • dbrazil412
    edited September 2011
    Options
    all that playoff appearance and win ? .....c'mon you know that's a team effort now if you basing just off pure qb skill alone then romo still isnt better than vick

romo is way more accurate of a passer than vick could ever be...if we're talking about pure qb skill.
  • b*braze
    edited September 2011
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    Not saying they put up points like that, but they put him in a better situation to succeed constantly...Whether it's shifting field position as often as they did it last year with 3 & outs or turnovers...They help him alot...

same could be said for eli early in his career. eli has thrown 20+ INTs in a season twice. less than 15 INTs only 3 times. took him 5 years to break 60% cmp. 5 years to break 80 QB rating.

sanchez only in his 3rd season.
  • vageneral08
    edited September 2011
    Options
    romo is way more accurate of a passer than vick could ever be...if we're talking about pure qb skill.
    really? he's gets picked off too much to be that accurate especially on short passes so I disagree with that
  • dbrazil412
    edited September 2011
    Options
    really? he's gets picked off too much to be that accurate especially on short passes so I disagree with that

romo's career high in pics is 19..which is alot, in his 2nd year as a starter

but ever year since he's thrown less, with only throwing 9 in 2009. had 7 last year in 6 games, which will happen when teams are no longer loading up the box cause theres no threat of a running game.

other than last year..whats vicks excuse? and this year, he hasnt looked half as good as he was last year
  • dbrazil412
    edited September 2011
    Options
    you cant tell me teams are dropping guys in coverage to deal with vick's passing abilty, when the threat of him running is way more dangerous
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

you just hate the cowboys period... and you lied about dez sayin he got shut down by revis
  • dbrazil412
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i did however post completion percentages. romo's is almost 10 points higher...
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    After a couple bad games niccas will turn on ya quick.
  • vageneral08
    edited September 2011
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    you just hate the cowboys period... and you lied about dez sayin he got shut down by revis

I dont hate them they're always over hyped.....I didnt lie about that dez said it on a interview
  • beezy f baby
    beezy f baby Members Posts: 4,909 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I dont hate them they're always over hyped.....I didnt lie about that dez said it on a interview

clear ya ? if you want my expert knowledge
  • vageneral08
    edited September 2011
    Options
    romo's career high in pics is 19..which is alot, in his 2nd year as a starter

but ever year since he's thrown less, with only throwing 9 in 2009. had 7 last year in 6 games, which will happen when teams are no longer loading up the box cause theres no threat of a running game.

other than last year..whats vicks excuse? and this year, he hasnt looked half as good as he was last year
    nope that excuse cant save him.....he should know what the defense is gonna do if there is no running game going
This discussion has been closed.