Nas is crazy if he think he could have beaten this man...

Options

Comments

• bigsmooth14
    bigsmooth14 Members Posts: 134
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Personally i don't think either Nas or Jay won anything...unless you completely destroy somebodies Carrier you haven't done ? and whats funnier is yall going in on this when jay & nas have been over it for quite some time
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    CapitalC wrote: »
    So is Stan but ? still despise...
    I mean in real life who won that JayZ vs Nas beef...
    One of the dudes went on to take over corporate America, performed at Obama's fundraiser on national TV, married "the hottest chick in the game", chilled with Oprah on the stoop, covered Forbes with Mr. Warren Buffet...
    And the other guy is Nas...

Don't try to use the off wax sucess card.All Jay proved with all those accomplishments is you can get smashed up on wax and still be somebody if you turn into a big enuff sell out, and snake enuff of your comrades that's all.
  • Who Cares???
    Who Cares??? Members Posts: 1,167
    edited October 2011
    Options
    jek wrote: »
    Again, this from a man who hasn't had an album worth buying since the black album. That came out in 03 and its 2011 if Jay don't come out with some bomb ? by this time next year he's exactly the same

eh, I though KC was terrible but I ? with AG and BP3. Bottom line is, Empire State of Mind was played heavy up here. Old man can still sell out any arena up here faster than any other NY artist. I'm talking a high black population as well. One mans trash is another treasure. He still the king in these parts. No other living NY rapper loved like him up here.
  • shareef242
    shareef242 Members Posts: 186 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    One of the dudes went on to take over corporate America, performed at Obama's fundraiser on national TV, married "the hottest chick in the game", chilled with Oprah on the stoop, covered Forbes with Mr. Warren Buffet...

True, but like I said the other day. Jay turned out fine after Ether. However Ether was like a lyrical buck 50 to this face. Nothing fatal but it's scar to remind him he got cut pretty good & aint never going away. Jay helping bring Nas to Def Jam was like therapy. If he & Nas fall out he again he can say "Look ? , you may have cut me deep with Ether but I signed you underneath me, nana nana na na!"
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    garv wrote: »
    Thats not the point, Nas says he has been in the game since 91 based on his guest appearances, while Jay has been appearing on Jaz O songs since 88.

maybe bcuz jay isnt going off making guest appearances, but instead going off the year he released his debut
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    @jek: KC was average and BP3 was terrible, but American Gangster was dope.

In real life, Nas won. Their beef was on wax, it wasn't about which billboard ads would be more seen, or who can get the most lucrative endorsement, or whatever...

...Props to Jay, and yeah Jay's has been much more successful, but since their beef was with straight music, everything else after the bolded is irrelevant.
  • jek
    edited October 2011
    Options
    @jek: KC was average and BP3 was terrible, but American Gangster was dope.

In real life, Nas won. Their beef was on wax, it wasn't about which billboard ads would be more seen, or who can get the most lucrative endorsement, or whatever...

...Props to Jay, and yeah Jay's has been much more successful, but since their beef was with straight music, everything else after the bolded is irrelevant.

Even if I did agree with you. Let's say I give you AG. Is 2 albums worth a ? in 10 years that much better than what he accused Nas of having?
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    jek wrote: »
    Even if I did agree with you. Let's say I give you AG. Is 2 albums worth a ? in 10 years that much better than what he accused Nas of having?

No it's not. I even said that the "one hot album" line was fallacious earlier in the thread...but AG is still a dope ass album imo.
  • KeepinItHundred
    KeepinItHundred Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    for the record, i have researched a lot of nas' unreleased ? and how is albums were supposed to be and honestly, nas was a lot more consistant then jay in the 90s, his ? just leaked and he recorded new ? for i am and nastradamus. qb's finest had the same amount of heaters as thje dynasty. stillmatic would have ? on the blueprint had he put purple, doorags, no ideas original, nothing lasts forever, my way, black zombies, everybody's crazy and stay chiseled on there. plus, none of jay-z albums after rd were as good as his first. and volume 3 was hurtin.

as far as nas and biggie go, nas was easily a better lyricist than biggie. biggie just had the whole package, and had it by his first album.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The truth is Biggie wasn't good like that. His stock shot up like crazy when he was killed. Nas is/was at least 10 times better.
  • KeepinItHundred
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lol, how can tommy call anybody capers when he's constantly bashing pac because of his love for biggie?
  • jek
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Biggie>>>>>Jigga>>>>>>>Nas

Thats all that matters

Its been 10 years and jay z is more relevant in 2011 than nas after so called losing the battle

Aint nothin else to say at this point nas is praised and adulated on the

Jigga is a worldwide icon/legend

Maybe you can apply that to his net worth but on wax? Yeah alright.....he so relevant that he now does whole albums with a cat like YE and get carried throughout the whole joint. Is that the way ? mcees carry themselves after droppin a terrible ass album like Blueprint 3? He needs to retire just like Eminiem do.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited October 2011
    Options
    As far as Jay goes, JayZ in his prime was what Wayne is today. He was dope, but only on a commercial level. If you compared him to emcees that really do this, he ranks dead in the middle, maybe a little higher.

It's just the spotlight clouds people's judgment. Some people feel like they have to like him because he's always on the radio. It's like that aight song back in the day that gets stuck in your head because the radio plays it a million times over. That's kind of what JayZ's career was like aka he can't ? with Nas on any level.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Like I said to ? . Hov got at Nas with facts.

Nas can't act like he ain't have a one hot album every ten years average. Cuz even Nas would admit that stillmatic is his second best album.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    As far as Jay goes, JayZ in his prime was what Wayne is today. He was dope, but only on a commercial level. If you compared him to emcees that really do this, he ranks dead in the middle, maybe a little higher.

It's just the spotlight clouds people's judgment. Some people feel like they have to like him because he's always on the radio. It's like that aight song back in the day that gets stuck in your head because the radio plays it a million times over. That's kind of what JayZ's career was like aka he can't ? with Nas on any level.

Bruh...You don't really believe that.
  • thewave19
    thewave19 Members Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • KeepinItHundred
    edited October 2011
    Options

Nas can't act like he ain't have a one hot album every ten years average. Cuz even Nas would admit that stillmatic is his second best album.

it's kinda funny to say nas has one hot album in a ten year average when it was written killed anything jay made after rd easily.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Bruh...You don't really believe that.

"You can fool the rest of the world, long as New York know."

I grew up in NY, I know the real story. JayZ is not in the upper tier of emcees by no means.

He's dope on a commercial level though.
  • Hustle Crow
    Hustle Crow Members Posts: 133
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Both nas and jay get boring, that's why I can listen to biggie way more. But big ain't seeing nas in a battle sorry.
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

What facts?

Do you know what a fact is?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    In fall 2001 jigga was 31 goin on 32 how is 36 in a tae bo class?

Cuz jigga actually ? nas baby moms

Lmao got em again he talkin about nas

Pac loudmouth ass aint hit faith he was a loud lame who needed to sell records cuz he was gettin pimped by suge

nas was exaggerating his age however jay was in fact taking taboe.
  • Hustle Crow
    Hustle Crow Members Posts: 133
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Takeover beat was epic though
  • Who Cares???
    Who Cares??? Members Posts: 1,167
    edited October 2011
    Options
    "You can fool the rest of the world, long as New York know."

I grew up in NY, I know the real story. JayZ is not in the upper tier of emcees by no means.

He's dope on a commercial level though.

What real story? I been in NYC damn near my whole life, so what real story you know? That you can type a ? opinion that majority in NYC will laugh at? Yoi ? just type ? to be typing.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Brooklyn rides for Jay and Big. I don't know how queens views Nas or 50 or how the numbers are sales wise with each artist in each borough. I know dipset ran Harlem and had great influence in Brooklyn too . More people are purest then you would expect and don't really check for Jay at all. With that said, WTT been getting heavy rotation in bk. People be saying the rap seen is dead in NY but i don't think they realize that dancehall is a far bigger scene even amongst African Americans. Nas my fav artist but i don't hear too many people checking for him out here.

Also, the reviews were mixed when it came to takeover\Supaugly vs Ether. Many people went with takeover mainly cuz it was a club banger. If you wanna talk about the music in the streets vs the net. Most people don't didn't give a ? about this beef. Tupac vs Big had way more impact on the publics perception.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    those lyrics were not needed and you didnt answer my question

and tommy is hilarious

I say they wer on par with each other, what stood out for Em was his delivery and perhaps his addressing of the Holier then Thou