True Life: I'm a woman, I don't want kids, and marriage isn't a priority

Options

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    all I will say is mofos change their minds when they get older

I never wanted to be a parent ever, and for every time I think being a parent sucks and I could understand a woman not wanting to deal with kids, then something happens to make me realize there is nothing better than being a father

at least for me

of course many others feel differently I guess

I just find it hard to believe there are actual women who don't want to be mothers :shrugs

they exist, and they're better off not having children
  • Funky Dr
    Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    At least you aint yet another chick with a kid or more that Ive met at 24 years old...
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    all I will say is mofos change their minds when they get older

I never wanted to be a parent ever, and for every time I think being a parent sucks and I could understand a woman not wanting to deal with kids, then something happens to make me realize there is nothing better than being a father

at least for me

of course many others feel differently I guess

I just find it hard to believe there are actual women who don't want to be mothers :shrugs
    I know it's hard to believe

I mean most of girlfriends and classmates went to college to find a husband and have babies

most have accomplished that

idk when they were plotting on mr.right in undergrad, I was plotting on experiencing the world
  • thetruth391
    thetruth391 Members Posts: 2,367 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    y not get ? tubes tied?
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    YAZ
    RIP Haute.
  • Madam Speaker
    Madam Speaker Members Posts: 259
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I frequent this other female website and quite a few black women on this. I guess they worried bout gettin this money..? i know i am.

I'll prolly marry when im 50 or sum'n when my life is over..
  • thetruth391
    thetruth391 Members Posts: 2,367 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    RIP Haute.

she must aint seen the commercials
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'm not against having my tubes tied, but good luck finding a doctor who would do that for a woman my age

You can find a doc to do it. I gotta vasectomy in feb and the doc was like ? you sure you wanna do this? I was like 150%. The funny part ? with kids always trying to convince me i should kids at the same time being broke, stressed out, and ? off they gotta seed lol.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I know it's hard to believe

I mean most of girlfriends and classmates went to college to find a husband and have babies

most have accomplished that

idk when they were plotting on mr.right in undergrad, I was plotting on experiencing the world

yeah but once you experience the world, then what is left

leaving a legacy does still count for something in this crazy world

and then especially seeing the bond between a mother and her child, it's just hard to imagine anything else in this world bringing more fulfillment and purpose in life

you have folks bitter cause they can't have their own kids even though there are plenty of children here already who need foster/surrogate parents

so it's just hard to see anything else being comparable, regardless of what else you could experience or achieve in life
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    she must aint seen the commercials
    Word, if only she had seen the commercials, maybe things would've turned out differently.

I remember she was posting and making threads like it was just yesterday.

RIP Haute.
  • haute
    edited May 2010
    Options
    whats left???

The legacy I hope to leave behind
    the hundreds of families ive effected
    lives that are better because I was able to think of something bigger than myself

when I say 'experiencing' the world, I don't mean just jetsetting here and there

I talking about experiencing how people live, and finding ways to change lives

I'll never know what the bond is between a mother and a child

but that doesn't mean I can't experience something bigger than myself
  • blakfyahking
    edited May 2010
    Options
    whats left???

lives that are better because I was able to think of something bigger than myself

when I say 'experiencing' the world, I don't mean just jetsetting here and there

so being a mother means you can't do those other things you still want to do?

I'm not trying to convince you to do something you obviously already made up ya mind on

I'm just trying to understand where you are coming from

what is it that you are trying to do that is mutually exclusive to being a parent?
  • dts-rida
    dts-rida Members Posts: 223
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Seriously, I don't

And it's not a knock against mothers, its just not something I desire for myself

Many think women are biggest critics of a woman not wanting children

But I find that men are the ones who cast the most judgement

The same ones, screaming no marriage, no this, no that

Are the same ones quick to talk ? about a woman choosing to do what she wants for her body and her future

I've dated guys who at first, thought it was cool, or maybe just didnt take what I said seriously

but as we progress and get more serious, all of a sudden it becomes this big deal

Im like "dude, I told you thats not what I want for my future, you and your mom need to ? "

its annoying

FYI if your under 23 stay the ? outta this convo

sounds like u know what u want in life.....? always want what they cant have...i aint want any kids, or to get married either...now look at me..3 kids and 1 year of marriage under my belt....stick to ya guns HAUTE....
  • haute
    edited May 2010
    Options
    so being a mother means you can't do those other things you still want to do?

I'm not trying to convince you to do something you obviously already made up ya mind on

I'm just trying to understand where you are coming from

what is it that you are trying to do that is mutually exclusive to being a parent?
    There is no way I could do some of things I have done and plan to do and be a good and attentive mother

Could I still give? Yes
    give in the capacity that I want? No.

And again I'm not knocking motherhood, I think the work that mothers do is good and important

but it's just not for me
  • blakfyahking
    edited May 2010
    Options
    There is no way I could do some of things I have done and plan to do and be a good and attentive mother

Could I still give? Yes
    give in the capacity that I want? No.

And again I'm not knocking motherhood, I think the work that mothers do is good and important

but it's just not for me

bet. do ya thing miss
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    longmeat wrote: »
    You can find a doc to do it. I gotta vasectomy in feb and the doc was like ? you sure you wanna do this? I was like 150%. The funny part ? with kids always trying to convince me i should kids at the same time being broke, stressed out, and ? off they gotta seed lol.

I'm sure they are willing to do it for a man because it's easy to reverse it
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Look here, youre 25 but you seem to have the notion that your onto some new ? here. lol Like your the first woman to decide she wants the career, figure, and freedom of a single women.

A little secret for you: 99/100 college educated women that start that way end up married with kids by 35.

Quite frankly, if you look like any worth a damn, you will get wifed (literally, no th slang) and end up with a seed. No man that you consider a 'catch' is gon want no fukin free spirit. Procreation: Its our purpose in life. Cats on here, mainly im guessin age 20-30 single dudes, are gon gas you and tell you are the type of woman they want. ALL LIES. Sure, We want to hang wit u, get drinks wit u, be F buddies wit you, but we dont want to marry you. Cold truth, sweetheart. Trust me. When you accomplish those goals, house, car,etc...you WILL ask yourself the question: Now What? Trust me.

LOL, SMH, WTF, etc...at 1)you thinking kids wont happen, and 2)These ? on here sucking ur nip, co-signing everything u say. Listen to ME, im givin you tough love, not tryna to gain points or whatever this soft, agree with the woman ? that is goin on in here. smh
  • haute
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? you clearly have not read one post that I made

I'm sure you have lots of babies :-)
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    some guy will get you to change your heart and mind
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    some guy will get you to change your heart and mind

why do folks say this?

kids aren't for everyone

My Aunt is happily married and never wanted kids. She was content with neices and nephews and her dog .
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    whats left???

*Confused* Umm, more power to you, ma! Just sounds a lil vague. Sounds like your tryin to reinvent the wheel. *No shots* Have you seen the movie "Up in the Air (George Clooney, 2009)"...i highly recommend it for you.

And no, i have no babies, Im 27, single, the most non-commital ngga i know...and even I know eventually that white flag will get thrown up. Not if, but when.
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    longmeat wrote: »

it's different from women. since we're supposed to WANT to have children they are sure that we're not sure of wtf we're talking about.
    trust me, unless you go to another country or have crazy money aint no doctor fixing a woman.
  • Lege|\|dary
    Lege|\|dary Members Posts: 474 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    why do folks say this?

kids aren't for everyone

My Aunt is happily married and never wanted kids. She was content with neices and nephews and her dog .

You know how some people act when they fall in love
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hey Haute,

Your like Mid 20's right? and I think we have a similar view on relationships and ? like that.... but maybe ( i could be wrong) its not that you dont want to eventually start a family (marriage /babies)
    but ... its probably because you cant fathom the thought of starting a family because you havent met someone whom you can envision being with for the long haul and creating a baby with Which is more than half the battle.

You probably havent met someone as patient as you and not in a rush. I think these things play a major part in decisions like these. I have a friend whos damn near identical to you. Babies are nice to play with... but for her, Its just not a priority for her... and shes not going to worry about. it

Im sure your the type who wants to do things right the first time...so important decisions like (babies/ marriage) are things you cant rush.

i dunno
  • rockets
    rockets Members Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yeah but once you experience the world, then what is left

leaving a legacy does still count for something in this crazy world

and then especially seeing the bond between a mother and her child, it's just hard to imagine anything else in this world bringing more fulfillment and purpose in life

you have folks bitter cause they can't have their own kids even though there are plenty of children here already who need foster/surrogate parents

so it's just hard to see anything else being comparable, regardless of what else you could experience or achieve in life

Sorry I have to disagree with you on this.

Look at Oprah. She once said if she had had children, or actually if the child she had at 14 would have lived, her life would have been hella different. And she wasn't meaning in a good way.

I don't know about you. But I would trade all the children in the world for Oprah's life. She has traveled the world many times over, has an amazing career and met ammazing people. Besides that she has a big heart and feels fulfilled helping others. I think that is the type of person T/S is. She said something about charity. I can't hate on that. She is thinking of others.Her legacy will be helping others. It doesn't have to be a child.