True Life: I'm a woman, I don't want kids, and marriage isn't a priority

Options

Comments

• shadb33
    shadb33 Members Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    rockets wrote: »
    Sorry I have to disagree with you on this.

Look at Oprah. She once said if she had had children, or actually if the child she had at 14 would have lived, her life would have been hella different. And she wasn't meaning in a good way.

I don't know about you. But I would trade all the children in the world for Oprah's life. She has traveled the world many times over, has an amazing career and met ammazing people. Besides that she has a big heart and feels fulfilled helping others. I think that is the type of person T/S is. She said something about charity. I can't hate on that. She is thinking of others.Her legacy will be helping others. It doesn't have to be a child.

These ? not Oprah bruh. They ass aint gonna have ? to do. But i aint mad at them. They probably wont be good mothers anyways.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol @ usin the most outrageous exception to the rule, Oprah, as reason why u dont want kids. *sIGH*
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ummm

what the hell does oprah have to do with anything???

Men are soo strange

@shuffles

you're right about me liking to prepare when making certain types of decisions

but I just don't desire children
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I can digg your stance...

I'm not the one for kids and marriage either...

I'm too selfish and i value my individual freedom more than anything...

Nothing is wrong with having kids or being married..it just isnt for me..
  • darryl_jenks
    darryl_jenks Members Posts: 328
    edited May 2010
    Options
    haute wrote: »

FYI if your under 23 stay the ? outta this convo

Well damn.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    why waste some good child bearing hips? thats the magic of the ? , it brings people in the world, don't waste it.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Sounds like my type of chick
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    rockets wrote: »
    Sorry I have to disagree with you on this.

Look at Oprah. She once said if she had had children, or actually if the child she had at 14 would have lived, her life would have been hella different. And she wasn't meaning in a good way.

I don't know about you. But I would trade all the children in the world for Oprah's life. She has traveled the world many times over, has an amazing career and met ammazing people. Besides that she has a big heart and feels fulfilled helping others. I think that is the type of person T/S is. She said something about charity. I can't hate on that. She is thinking of others.Her legacy will be helping others. It doesn't have to be a child.

ROFL @ the Oprah argument
  • rockets
    rockets Members Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    first im a female. second i was just refering to her because like Oprah other woman choose to focus on their career more and forgo a husband and children. She, like many other women seem very happy without children and a husband.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Seriously, I don't

And it's not a knock against mothers, its just not something I desire for myself

Many think women are biggest critics of a woman not wanting children

But I find that men are the ones who cast the most judgement

The same ones, screaming no marriage, no this, no that

Are the same ones quick to talk ? about a woman choosing to do what she wants for her body and her future

I've dated guys who at first, thought it was cool, or maybe just didnt take what I said seriously

but as we progress and get more serious, all of a sudden it becomes this big deal

Im like "dude, I told you thats not what I want for my future, you and your mom need to ? "

its annoying

FYI if your under 23 stay the ? outta this convo

sounds more like a bitter woman post. same chicks claimin they dont want kids are the ones with the most
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    lol @ usin the most outrageous exception to the rule, Oprah, as reason why u dont want kids. *sIGH*

yall ? foolin yalselves you if you think oprah isnt bitter about being single and childless. she may not show it but i bet it bothers the ? out of her
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    you dont want to be sleeping around with different dudes for the rest of your life
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I don't see a point in trying to convince somebody with a strong opinion like this otherwise. She's showing us who she is. She doesn't like kids she referred to them as "They Snotty ? ". That ? was crazy lol she said the only kids a dude could have would have to be 14/15....Those aren't even kids, those are teenagers, teenagers have sex lol they're pre adults.

So IMO Haute is saying she's a jump off. Come and go as she pleases,all that free the world make a change ? is Bull.

Most normal people are working towards being stable enough to have a family. The whole world keeps moving by procreation(it's a problem when you have to be that literal).

So when a human being says what she's saying , it basically amounts to don't take me serious, just ? me, give me money and keep it pushing.

Most of the women who say they don't want kids, are saying they would rather have money. They to me, sound like the perfect sidewoman. She just wants ? and maybe a few dollas. You ? them and leave them alone. Tell them yeah I'm on the same level, yeah u my girl, yea yeah yeah, ummm can you go by the condoms(check), you on birth control(check), and have your damn fun with them. When you meet your real dream woman wholesome girl, wants to have a fam and such, you leave the hautes.

When and if you Divorce, go back with the HAUTES lol

I say don't convince someone otherwise or catch feelings, use them as they would like to be used.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    A old ass 44 single woman is not a good look
  • Yung_Souf_Money
    Yung_Souf_Money Members Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Kimi wrote: »
    So you don't think Oprah could've had a Husband, and kids if she wanted to?

of course she dont want anybody to get any of that money

all that damn money who she gonna give it to?

her kids wouldve took on that dynasty

maybe she's a selfish woman
  • supreme704
    supreme704 Members Posts: 8
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I don't see a point in trying to convince somebody with a strong opinion like this otherwise. She's showing us who she is. She doesn't like kids she referred to them as "They Snotty ? ". That ? was crazy lol she said the only kids a dude could have would have to be 14/15....Those aren't even kids, those are teenagers, teenagers have sex lol they're pre adults.

So IMO Haute is saying she's a jump off. Come and go as she pleases,all that free the world make a change ? is Bull.

Most normal people are working towards being stable enough to have a family. The whole world keeps moving by procreation(it's a problem when you have to be that literal).

So when a human being says what she's saying , it basically amounts to don't take me serious, just ? me, give me money and keep it pushing.

Most of the women who say they don't want kids, are saying they would rather have money. They to me, sound like the perfect sidewoman. She just wants ? and maybe a few dollas. You ? them and leave them alone. Tell them yeah I'm on the same level, yeah u my girl, yea yeah yeah, ummm can you go by the condoms(check), you on birth control(check), and have your damn fun with them. When you meet your real dream woman wholesome girl, wants to have a fam and such, you leave the hautes.

When and if you Divorce, go back with the HAUTES lol

I say don't convince someone otherwise or catch feelings, use them as they would like to be used.

post of the day right here...she'll make a good sugar mama in her 40's
  • blakfyahking
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So wait, now Haute is destined to spend life as a jump off because she chooses not to be a Wife and Mother?:-/
    Your logic here is flawed, it's as if you view Women as objects, that have to fufill the purpose you set for them. Women are human beings, we are free to make our own choices as to what we do with our lives, and our bodies. Just because some of us choose to reject the roles society has for us, doesn't mean that we are less "Womanly", and worthy of love than our counterparts that do.....

I don't think it's more so not being worthy of love

it's just the context of that "love" gets redefined when a woman decides she is going to reject mainstream social mores

basically if you letting a man hit that on a consistent and you aren't a wife, at some point you become equivalent to a jumpoff in a lot of people's eyes :shrugs
  • haute
    edited May 2010
    Options
    you guys need reading glasses at no point did I say I did not want to marry, I just said it wasn't a priority

and lol @ 'normal' people chasing a family

You mean the same 'normal' people who have

1. Kids out of wedlock and babby mama drama
    or
    2. The ones getting divorced

excuse me for not following the heard, and going after what I find fulfilling
  • haute
    edited May 2010
    Options
    you dont want to be sleeping around with different dudes for the rest of your life

lmao
    do you men hear yourselves???

If I wanted to sleep around, children would not stop me, there are mothers who do it

And I have had and will continue to pursue committed relationships and hope when I find the right person, to get married

• blakfyahking
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I don't think it's that cut and dry.....a couple can have a lasting, meaningful realtionship without being married to one another. I hardly think that a Woman is a jumpoff if she's in a healthy, and loving relationship.

but it is that cut and dry in America(and a lot of other countries)

just cause you decide to deviate doesn't mean that society is going to embrace your choice to do something different

basically between you and ya man, you both are a loving couple, but to everybody else, you are basically his jump cause you aren't willing to make it official

I'm not saying that society is right, I'm just saying what it is

a marriage certificate does still actually count for something

and LOL @ Oprah being an example of what a woman should aspire to be in life...............she got masses of women brainwashed LOL
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    you guys need reading glasses at no point did I say I did not want to marry, I just said it wasn't a priority

and lol @ 'normal' people chasing a family

You mean the same 'normal' people who have

1. Kids out of wedlock and babby mama drama
    or
    2. The ones getting divorced

excuse me for not following the heard, and going after what I find fulfilling

real talk, i once met a female who had a similiar outlook, and while we were talking there was a huge awkwardness because we both knew ? would only go but so far, cuz we both wanted different things outta life...(family/kids wise) but we got along great, and ? was definitely fun while it lasted

fast forward a couple of years....we saw eachother on yahoo messenger, and she says she kinda regrets being so hard and stubborn about that ? , she feels she missed out on something beautiful, especially given that i'm quite comfortable in a relationship that's taking me towards that family direction....she doesn't know what the hell she wants now....cuz her head and her plan tells her no kids.....marriage isn't a priority...

but she kinda feels a sort of resentment towards those who found happiness in their families that they built....

not saying that will be you, but just something to swish around
  • blakfyahking
    edited May 2010
    Options
    SMH @ that Oprah tag

what did she win?

money doesn't mean ? when you actually have it

that's what they don't tell mofos when they say "money is the root of all evil"
  • dr. zero_ahh
    dr. zero_ahh Members Posts: 299
    edited May 2010
    Options

and its funny a few years ago this wasn't such an issue

but now the men I usually go for are hitting 30

they want to 'settle down'

I'm fine with marriage, and if I meet the right person I would gladly take it to the next level

But the next level for me, does not involve kids

and thats part of the reason me and my ex just couldn't see eye to eye

he was ready to take that step, but him and his mother would not stop with this baby business,

and I can't do it, at least not just for the sake of having a husband

children are something you should desire, and I just dont desire they snotty little ?

Props to you for being honest with yourself, your partner, and defining what you want for yourself. If the others can't get with it, so be it. Also, that is very annoying; especially if you said not gonna happen from jump
  • blakfyahking
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I made it:)

Tell me how she's didn't win? She's rich, she helps people doing what she loves every day......so you mean to tell me that because she didn't take the domestic route she lost at life?

anybody who's paid attention to ya posting style star obviously knows you made that tag LOL

and yeah, she did lose at life in a sense cause being rich doesn't mean a damn thing in the end

you help a couple people, you live well and then you die

what about continuing what you started by leaving your own DNA on this world to continue making the same impact

I hope I never make so much money that I become insulated from other people by default.........that's got to be a horrible way to live :shrugs
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Haute do your thing! Eventually you will look back and say damn I lived a good life or you will regret your stance. Either way you did it. Some people need a family to complete themselves, some dont!

And to me Oprah is a prime example of a women putting her career over everything. She is comfortable with her decision. She may regret it at sometime but I dont see it happening. Gale got htat cooch onlock and Stedman stay mad! LOL J/K