Why women hate video games ??? Is a man childish in your eyes ?

Options

Comments

• kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    whoa comic books have changed the course of not only popular culture but American and even international culture. That's like not respecting a Picasso painting or calling Catcher in The Rye corny.

Whoa...I can see I might be facing an angry nerd mob in this thread..

*backs out slowly*

lol
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    whoa comic books have changed the course of not only popular culture but American and even international culture. That's like not respecting a Picasso painting or calling Catcher in The Rye corny.

its alright ? . some women wont understand. mine barely does. she loves it when that comic book paycheck comes in though.
  • iAMNOVA
    iAMNOVA Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'd play my ? damn 360 *RIP Dec 5th, 2009* for 48 ? hours if it's a new game that I'm trying to beat. STRAIGHT. I gotta beat that son of a ? as soon as I get it or I can't focus on anything else.

lol @ u being one of those asian cats that die in Japan from playing a game all wk
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Women only have a problem with videos when it's an infringement on their time, they never have ? to say when they go get their pedicures, facials, sex and the city parties,etc. ? forbid a ? use his time for himself!
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Women only have a problem with videos when it's an infringement on their time, they never have ? to say when they go get their pedicures, facials, sex and the city parties,etc. ? forbid a ? use his time for himself!

Yeah but all that ? is to make things better for their MAN! Not comparable.
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

That's truth. Comic books are a sophisticated literary form. Me and wifey have a room in our house that is dedicated to nothing other than my comic books, Star Wars memorabilia, action figures, and bust figures.........................................................
  • earth two superman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »

oh no?
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    They should be happy i'm on the PS3 instead of on some ? i met at the bar.

• Jay Pee
    Jay Pee Members Posts: 761
    edited May 2010
    Options
    As I got older I realized how immature women are then men in some ways then others. Of course I am being broad and general. I have met maybe 2 females who like it when their man plays video games because they need it for relaxation and to escape the real world for a bit. Most females though are whiny and nothing is more annoying then a whiny female, these petty confrotations leads to over-blown arguments and possibly fights. That is why I stay single, if i female wants to chill we can chill, but on my time if I want to play a game or watch a DVD or read a book you better respect that. Let's not mention the fact that women are generally boring anyway and men have known about this for eons....very few women are entertaining and can hold a good conversation.....most other women are personality clones and talk about a few things clothes, how other girls look or dress, shoes, and why they can't find a good man.Of course the same can be applied to men....(don't want to deal with the lawyer style specfics of the replies) Women I have talked to even admitted that men seem to enjoy themselves more when the are around each other....The childish ploy is nothing, but excuses....let a man live that is all we got is the chance to live not some whiny girl who wants to control the simple smaller things in your life.
  • iAMNOVA
    edited May 2010
    Options
    for real tho...man I'm starting to see why a lot of these posters claim these dudes dont like women or dont get any girls in RL...cuz they wont even admit that women have a point on the smallest of issues..? ...just admit it...we do have a tendancy to ignore our women when we get on the system thats what most women hate them so much...like i said combine that with working 8-10-12 hrs then u come home and play the system 2-4 hrs...and u do that ? everyday...and that ? would make me resent some bs too...then add on to the fact that...most women dont understand games or why we like them so much...yall ? arent understanding...Ill admit ? i get some new ? ill get in the zone quick...lol...but my girl like to play sometimes as well and I balance that ? out...so she's not as sweating it cuz the game is getting more QT than her...idk i guess ? just think u just get in a relationship and u dont have to pay attention to ur woman until u want some or its holidays...smh
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I mean when the Dark Knight Returns graphic mini series came out in 1986, that totally changed the way the classic hero look and gave birth to the dark, stoic anti hero. Not just in comics either. You would probably have no Die Hard Bruce Willis, no Arnold, no Van Damne.

But ya they just don't understand :(
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I mean when the Dark Knight Returns graphic mini series came out in 1986, that totally changed the way the classic hero look and gave birth to the dark, stoic anti hero. Not just in comics either. You would probably have no Die Hard Bruce Willis, no Arnold, no Van Damne.

You sound like Newman in Seinfeld when he was asked about junk mail.
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited May 2010
    Options

Also, don't forget the Daredevil Born Again series, also authored by legend Frank Miller. It took me two years in high school to actually collect all twelve issues of Watchmen(not the graphic novel, the actual first edition prints). I traveled up and down my state to every comic book retailer in my state to find them. I have issues #2,3 and4 of Dark Knight Returns, I'm trying to find issue #1 though............................
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Also, don't forget the Daredevil Born Again series, also authored by legend Frank Miller. It took me two years in high school to actually collect all twelve issues of Watchmen(not the graphic novel, the actual first edition prints). I traveled up and down my state to every comic book retailer in my state to find them. I have issues #2,3 and4 of Dark Knight Returns, I'm trying to find issue #1 though............................

i've wanted to read that for a while now
  • jackthemack
    jackthemack Members Posts: 11,491 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I used to have a huge comic book collection but as the prices went up, my dad stopped buying them for me and I gave my collection away to my cousin in New Jersey. I only got a few books left. Mainly the graphic novels.
  • earth two superman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

here you go
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited May 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

It's really good bro. I have the bust figurine of Matt Murdock kneeling over Electra's grave from the series. Currently, I'm reading four ongoings right now, The Authority, I'm reading Moon Knight, Nemesis by Mark Millar, and Warren Ellis's ending Trilogy to his hero series: SuperGod. What titles do you read bro?
  • earth two superman
    edited May 2010
    Options
    this seems like the perfect place to advertise.

http://thacorner.net/forums/the-danger-room/
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I dont have a list, its more of a question .. I cant front on my downtime I pick up the good ol xbox 360 controller an im quite good at games but why do some women find that ? childish ? In my opinion its just another form of entertainment, an plus I was playing nintendo since I was like 6

But back to topic, I was layin down in bed with shorty an I decide why not beat this mission in assasins creed II .. She calls me 12, an gets ? .. ? acting like im less of a man & childish. An it aint like video games is all I think about Im in college, Im looking for a job, I got goals in life .. but dam sometimes I just want to chill an play. Will I play forever I dont know ? It aint as magical as it once was but LADIES WHY YA THINK A ? IS CHILDISH IF HE PLAY VIDEO GAMES ?? discuss amongst ya selves, I want to hear some opinions.
    im not a lady but i think its safe to say she wanted a back rub and 33 minute pounding. women usually get mad at any distraction when they want attention. i wouldnt call you childish, but you dont know ? about pleasing women. if she's not ur girl or doesnt have a chance at being ur girl than i can co sign ur actions... but if she is in contention then ur ? up. ? was obvious as hell how could you not see that

always remember ... sex will solve 9.5 outta 10 problems when it comes to women

if she nagging u ....... POUND IT OUT
    if she is getting tired of you ..... pound it out and leave right after
    if yall are arguing about religion .... pound it out and tell her you respect her views
    if she is talking ? about men on the phone with her girlfriend .... pound it out and put her phone just out of reach from the bed
    if you know the game is comin on at 7 .... pound it out at 5:30 .... when you get done around 6 - 6:15 ... you wont have to go right to the tv ... you'll still have 45 minutes for her to get to a deep sleep
    if you need to beat another mission on assassins creed, turn on the x box, pound it out, wait for her to fall asleep or until she starts doing her own thing then get on the game
    if she doesnt want you to go to the club that night ... pound it out and she'll be ok because she'll know that ur not that ? going up into the club
  • iAMNOVA
    edited May 2010
    Options
    im not a lady but i think its safe to say she wanted a back rub and 33 minute pounding. women usually get mad at any distraction when they want attention. i wouldnt call you childish, but you dont know ? about pleasing women. if she's not ur girl or doesnt have a chance at being ur girl than i can co sign ur actions... but if she is in contention then ur ? up. ? was obvious as hell how could you not see that

always remember ... sex will solve 9.5 outta 10 problems when it comes to women

if she nagging u ....... POUND IT OUT
    if she is getting tired of you ..... pound it out and leave right after
    if yall are arguing about religion .... pound it out and tell her you respect her views
    if she is talking ? about men on the phone with her girlfriend .... pound it out and put her phone just out of reach from the bed
    if you know the game is comin on at 7 .... pound it out at 5:30 .... when you get done around 6 - 6:15 ... you wont have to go right to the tv ... you'll still have 45 minutes for her to get to a deep sleep
    if you need to beat another mission on assassins creed, turn on the x box, pound it out, wait for her to fall asleep or until she starts doing her own thing then get on the game
    if she doesnt want you to go to the club that night ... pound it out and she'll be ok because she'll know thats ur not ? going up into the club

lmao @ the Pound it out movement...n/h....but he's actually quite right
  • UPTOWN
    edited May 2010
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »

in the first vid ... dude was like " can you get me something to drink babe ................. yo yo YO YO YOYOYOYOYOYOYOOOOO!!" LOL

2nd vid 2:05 mark was pretty funny ... dude wanted to beat her ass for real tho ... u could see the epic frustration in his face .... ? first words were " what the fffff ..... what?? why?? what the ffffff did you do??" ... poor dude was flustered LOL
  • UPTOWN
    edited May 2010
    Options
    iAMNOVA wrote: »
    lmao @ the Pound it out movement...n/h....but he's actually quite right
    LOL ... i guess that could become a movement one day ... just like the ismashed app for blackberry's and iphones LOL
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    You wouldn't have any arguments from me. I'd be playing my xbox too. =~)*
  • Euro Kid Andriy
    Euro Kid Andriy Members Posts: 162
    edited May 2010
    Options
    my uncl used to smuggle gamess system from asia throuh the eastern euro

i had alot of that ? for free we sell them to the children for christmas he now got caught so fun time is no linger now.
  • UPTOWN
    edited May 2010
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    kat you just blew it with this post LOL smh ....ur like the female donovan mcnabb of posting ... you always start off winning then lose in the playoffs lol
  • Jen&juice
    Jen&juice Banned Users Posts: 333
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I don't think its childish my daddy still plays video games....Introd won't introduce a guy to my daddy unless he does Lol