smh......why are u women naming your children these crazy @ss names?

Options

Comments

• junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Got one that's 30 also

do they call you Uncle? im assuming yall are close in age
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    junegemini wrote: »
    do they call you Uncle? im assuming yall are close in age
    Nah, my brother had him back in 1980 when he was 17 and I was 7. Non of them do, except the younger ones though
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ok knew a girl named cash monay

a broad named curtis ( cur-tieese)

a princess,precious,uneeke (unique), my ty, bonkeesha, do-gee (doggie smh)
    That is just child abuse.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited October 2010
    Options
    junegemini wrote: »
    lmao...she chose Genesis, Delilah (sp), and Jordan...she told me Jordan was for boy or girl

i only like Genesis of the choices lol

Delilah is nice and it is not too common. That is the correct spelling.
    The only thing behind that name is it's association to Samson. Depends how you look at it.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That is just child abuse.

? acted like her name was cash monay too

smh she was a cute girl too
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i want all my kids names to begin with A's...
    hopefully that'll motivate them to get all A's inschool

i tihnk that's why i got all D's
  • king hassan
    edited October 2010
    Options
    People hate my daughter's name which is a Swahili name and Arabic. I guess they can't pronounce it *shrugs*
  • junegemini
    junegemini Members Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    dusouljah wrote: »

this silly ass ? lol
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ? acted like her name was cash monay too

smh she was a cute girl too
    I don't care to imagine what that would be like.
    People hate my daughter's name which is a Swahili name and Arabic. I guess they can't pronounce it *shrugs*
    That would be their problem, not hers.
    Hope she doesn't let it get to her.
    I had the same issue.
    I used to strongly dislike my name as a child but over time I grew to love it and genuinely do. I am glad I wasn't named something typical and common.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Word Up if I have another set of twins I'm naming them Rza and Gza :)

just don't do like my fam did me and give them 5 names...for some reason my parents decided to make me the one with the distinctly spanish name between me and my 2 other brothers
  • blackrain
    edited October 2010
    Options

no you got all D's cuz you went to school with ? like thiswire-kids.jpg
  • king hassan
    edited October 2010
    Options

I had the same issue.
    I used to strongly dislike my name as a child but over time I grew to love it and genuinely do. I am glad I wasn't named something typical and common.

Nah, she loves her name. And I guess how I was raised and then I had her when I was 29 so I did'nt want some silly name for my kid and I have a black baby so she has a black baby name, dig that. I'm glad I have my name too, but what's funny is that when people here it on the phone here at work they ask if I'm black or where did my parents get that name from, and the killer, "I've never heard the name Hassan before" smh
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    no you got all D's cuz you went to school with ? like thiswire-kids.jpg

i actually did great when i was in public school i was like 6 reading levels above everybody else..

it's just when i went to college that ? evened out...
  • blackrain
    edited October 2010
    Options

I had the same issue.

I shortened my name when I was a kid for that very reason...there were people that knew from the time I was a child that didn't know my actual full name until I was out of high school and it was printed on my diploma
  • blackrain
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i actually did great when i was in public school i was like 6 reading levels above everybody else..

it's just when i went to college that ? evened out...

public school was easy as ? ...i literally slept through 80% of the classes in my junior year and finished with a 4.0 that year...it was too ? easy...the Algebra II they were teaching was ? that I had started learning in the 8th grade when I was in private schools...
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Nah, she loves her name. And I guess how I was raised and then I had her when I was 29 so I did'nt want some silly name for my kid and I have a black baby so she has a black baby name, dig that. I'm glad I have my name too, but what's funny is that when people here it on the phone here at work they ask if I'm black or where did my parents get that name from, and the killer, "I've never heard the name Hassan before" smh

Lol.
    I know how that goes. White folks ? me the absolute worst when it comes to my name or my child's.

As long as she is not ashamed of the origins of her name. I know how these younger generations can be with their roots and heritage and I have personally witnessed it time and time again. *sigh*

I shortened my name when I was a kid for that very reason...there were people that knew from the time I was a child that didn't know my actual full name until I was out of high school and it was printed on my diploma

Awwww.
    I know the hassle it can be, especially for a young child. Not only to have to learn saying it but spelling it as well and writing it out several times everyday in school. So, I do understand but even still, in school a first, middle and last name is enough. On documents and official papers, all names should and have to be present.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    just don't do like my fam did me and give them 5 names...for some reason my parents decided to make me the one with the distinctly spanish name between me and my 2 other brothers

Jesus I presume? *does sign of cross*

I have a similar issue my name is very Latin an unique and starts with a J and I always get the whole right right the J is silent......? 'n idiots I swear.
  • king hassan
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lol.
    I know how that goes. White folks ? me the absolute worst when it comes to my name or my child's.

As long as she is not ashamed of the origins of her name. I know how these younger generations can be with their roots and heritage and I have personally witnessed it time and time again. *sigh*

Awwww.
    I know the hassle it can be, especially for a young child. Not only to have to learn saying it but spelling it as well and writing it out several times everyday in school. So, I do understand but even still, in school a first, middle and last name is enough. On documents and official papers, all names should and have to be present.

Nah these black folks I'm talking about, especially the older ones. White people never question it and they say it right for the most part, but black people dayum, I get the third degree. My co-worker is muslim too and when they come to the desk and see her wrapped up, they ask her is she cold. I swear old black people are just as bad smh lol
  • blackrain
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lol.

Awwww.

yeah...it wasn't even that i hated my name I just hated having to explain to people 1. why i have 5 names and 2. why they're spanish...i love my names now...even had them all said when I graduated college lol but when I was younger it was just too much of a hassle
    Jesus I presume? *does sign of cross*

I have a similar issue my name is very Latin an unique and starts with a J and I always get the whole right right the J is silent......? 'n idiots I swear.

lol naw I ain't get it that bad though one of my friends that's Puerto Rican/Honduran has an older brother named Jesus like Jesus Shuttlesworth lol...If you see somebody my complexion the last thing you expect to hear as part of their name is "Emilio" which is just one of my 3 middle names...and my first name has an accent mark in it when it's spelled correctly
  • king hassan
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What happend to the Jamal, Maliq, Kenyatta, or Kenya's out here. SMH @ this girl I work with named Aisha and she has no idea what her name means, and with all the books and internet she never botherd to find out either. I did tell her what her name meant though
  • blackrain
    edited October 2010
    Options
    What happend to the Jamal, Maliq, Kenyatta, or Kenya's out here. SMH @ this girl I work with named Aisha and she has no idea what her name means, and with all the books and internet she never botherd to find out either. I did tell her what her name meant though

that was my cousins name...he got killed in summer 06...
  • king hassan
    edited October 2010
    Options
    that was my cousins name...he got killed in summer 06...

Sorry to hear that bro, but funny thing is. A few years ago this journalist was writing about us kids born in the 70's with those names and how we did'nt live up to meaning of our names. Like Sundiata got killed selling drugs on 79th street, or Malika works as a stripper or Omar is doing time for a double murder
  • blackrain
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sorry to hear that bro, but funny thing is. A few years ago this journalist was writing about us kids born in the 70's with those names and how we did'nt live up to meaning of our names. Like Sundiata got killed selling drugs on 79th street, or Malika works as a stripper or Omar is doing time for a double murder

good look...he was a good dude that got caught up over a female lying... but it's always funny to meet people who have names with actual meaning and have no clue or just live the complete opposite lifestyle of what their name implies
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Nah these black folks I'm talking about, especially the older ones. White people never question it and they say it right for the most part, but black people dayum, I get the third degree. My co-worker is muslim too and when they come to the desk and see her wrapped up, they ask her is she cold. I swear old black people are just as bad smh lol

Lmao.
    Some older black folks ? me, lmao. Reminds me of grandparents and aunties, mad old school and stuck in their ways. While roots and culture is of great importance to me, I still am aware of the times and the society we live in. Many older heads don't acknowledge anything outside of what they "knew."
    yeah...it wasn't even that i hated my name I just hated having to explain to people 1. why i have 5 names and 2. why they're spanish...i love my names now...even had them all said when I graduated college lol but when I was younger it was just too much of a hassle

lol naw I ain't get it that bad though one of my friends that's Puerto Rican/Honduran has an older brother named Jesus like Jesus Shuttlesworth lol...If you see somebody my complexion the last thing you expect to hear as part of their name is "Emilio" which is just one of my 3 middle names...and my first name has an accent mark in it when it's spelled correctly

I have had to correct people my entire life so I know what a hassle it was.
    You love, appreciate and understand it now, that is what's important.
  • louis the great
    louis the great Members Posts: 6,476 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<As you can see my name is great!