smh......why are u women naming your children these crazy @ss names?

Options

Comments

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm glad my momma did not name me....I would of changed that ? as soon as I got a chance
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    @ Consious_Nkechi is the K silent? and is it Ne-Chee?
    But yeah old black people man, my grandma died @ 90 a few year back and still called blacks "Colored"
    Old black folks will not try to pronounce you name the right way, they'll just say "whatever you name is" smh and they have names like Willie Mae lol
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lmao.
    Some older black folks ? me, lmao. Reminds me of grandparents and aunties, mad old school and stuck in their ways. While roots and culture is of great importance to me, I still am aware of the times and the society we live in. Many older heads don't acknowledge anything outside of what they "knew."

I have had to correct people my entire life so I know what a hassle it was.
    You love, appreciate and understand it now, that is what's important.

yeah...when you're a kid you just wanna find an easy way out...now I use it to make people realize how ignorant they are to latin america lol
  • blackrain
    edited October 2010
    Options
    But yeah old black people man, my grandma died @ 90 a few year back and still called blacks "Colored"
    Old black folks will not try to pronounce you name the right way, they'll just say "whatever you name is" smh and they have names like Willie Mae lol

One of my grandmother's few friends she made when she came to America could NOT say my name the way my grandmother wanted it said, she pretty much named me, so she would just refer to me as "that middle grandchild of yours"...even when I was around she'd say "Middle grandchild" lol
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

It is more like Nnn-K-Chee.

Lol. Sounds on point, all of it does. With some of these older heads you just have to allow them, can't tell them nothing.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited October 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    One of my grandmother's few friends she made when she came to America could NOT say my name the way my grandmother wanted it said, she pretty much named me, so she would just refer to me as "that middle grandchild of yours"...even when I was around she'd say "Middle grandchild" lol

Ha ha.
    She said "Hey, come here you middle grandchild." I am laughing because I can picture it.
  • king hassan
    edited October 2010
    Options

Damn. lol they called my brother "the youngest boy" smh
  • king hassan
    edited October 2010
    Options

Lol. Sounds on point, all of it does. With some of these older heads you just have to allow them, can't tell them nothing.
    Got it, sounds Nigerian
  • blackrain
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ha ha.
    She said "Hey, come here you middle grandchild." I am laughing because I can picture it.

lol...my name ain't even that hard to pronounce but the accent mark changes it and in my grandmother's presence it was either said the spanish way or she'd correct you mid sentence
  • rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Im changing mine to something a little less ethnic as soon as I get the chance!
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So, you mean more common?
    and why?
  • Zone6reppa
    Zone6reppa Members Posts: 926
    edited October 2010
    Options
    michael is so plain, but it works on applications so i'll keep it
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Banned Location: Locaton: Location:Posts: 0
    edited October 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • king hassan
    edited October 2010
    Options
    All names are "ethnic" lol so you mean white ethnic?
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Watermelonisha

whomever named their child Watermelonisha should be shot in both kneecaps then beat relentlessly with a pillowcase with 6 D-cell batteries in it.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Got it, sounds Nigerian

Are you Nigerian by any chance? As you are correct.
    It is an Igbo (Niger-Congo language spoken in parts of Nigeria) name.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited October 2010
    Options

Less ethnic?
    What & why?
  • king hassan
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Are you Nigerian by any chance? As you are correct.
    It is an Igbo (Niger-Congo language spoken in parts of Nigeria) name.
    Nah, my fam from Mali but I know most Nigerian have that "N" at the beginning of their name
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Watermelonisha

whomever named their child Watermelonisha should be shot in both kneecaps then beat relentlessly with a pillowcase with 6 D-cell batteries in it.

That parent came across and smoked some very ill laced weed the day they named that child.
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

One of my friends is called that, Igbos tend to have 'n' and 'chi' in front of their names alot.
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<As you can see my name is great!

What does Louis mean?
  • rose.amoureux
    rose.amoureux Members Posts: 2,046
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I wasnt serious at all...
  • Kid Dynasty
    Kid Dynasty Members Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    people are stupid
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol when the parents try to put together a female and male name. Ronette, Jermoya,etc.
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    one of the homies name is Theoples i know for a fact that we not seein that name no more.
    Got a latino homie named Marvin idk