smh......why are u women naming your children these crazy @ss names?

Options

Comments

• Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Not a big fan of apostrophes.
  • the1nonlyruru
    the1nonlyruru Members Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Not a big fan of apostrophes.

or dashes or anything with "ion" "yon" "esha" at the end either. no food product or drink either
  • white people like me
    white people like me Members Posts: 171
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I've met two girls who were named "Candida". I was like uhhhh named after a fungus?
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I feel sorry for these kids cuz when it comes time to apply for things growing up, they already have a strike against em cuz people are already gonna know they black
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I knew a little girl named afrikara and another one named catleya (white child too )
  • missjcapri
    missjcapri Members Posts: 1,418
    edited May 2010
    Options
    They won't know what color I am until I get to the interview

Kudos to mi madre..............
  • darkstarr8
    darkstarr8 Members Posts: 455
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yeah this ? bad, anyway some funny names of people I know.

Ronterryious

Delajuwon named for his mom Deidre and his grandfather's favorite b-ball player Hakeem Olajuwon

Lazavius

Ladreisha

Lapharra
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I also went to school with a broad name Latrina. ? name meant "the toilet"
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I bet you guys like those "white" names tho?

It ain't about whether a name is "white" or not. No one is complaining about black people using african names for their children. We're talking about made up names or names taken from some ignorant ass source.

Damn, I swear you can't have any kinda convo without some fake ass black militant trying to turn the ? into some black and white issue or trying to insinuate someone is a ? /sellout/uncle tom etc...
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It ain't about whether a name is "white" or not. No one is complaining about black people using african names for their children. We're talking about made up names or names taken from some ignorant ass source.

Damn, I swear you can't have any kinda convo without some fake ass black militant trying to turn the ? into some black and white issue or trying to insinuate someone is a ? /sellout/uncle tom etc...

Basically... mofos with hybrid names .. drink names.. car names.. trash names suck

and triple cosign the bolded
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    *hugs Dro*

okay honey ....... the mom is saying: La - ( dash as in the symbol ) a

:)
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    they passed a restaurant and she like the name of the restaurant so she name her daughter Taqueria yes she named her daughter Taco Shop.

LMAO!!!! This is too much...
  • TheCATthatdidntDIE
    TheCATthatdidntDIE Members Posts: 918
    edited May 2010
    Options
    or perhaps after voltaires Candide (which is still stupid as Candide was a character who was incredibly naive)
  • oh_word
    oh_word Members Posts: 56
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I asked the mom of Fe'male where she got the name

Her response was " the doctor named her Fe'male Jones... it was written on the card at the hospital"

smh... I had a hard time keeping a straight face. lol

deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • ayyubam2002
    ayyubam2002 Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I use to date a chick name Lajanique. Which in Arabic basically mean "do you wanna have sex. My palestinian friends use to laugh when she called me and one of my friends mother got mad when he said her name out loud.
  • oh_word
    oh_word Members Posts: 56
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Im all for ethnic names but please do not pull letters out of the scrabble bag and name your child smh

I know of a girl named Ontariasha (there is a city named Ontario close to where we live smh)
    I hate when I can tell what your parents names are based on your name
    I ve met a Tonisha (Dad is Tony, Mom's name contains -isha)
    Donisha (Dad = Donald, Mom's name contains -isha)
    Antoinisha (Dad is antoine)
    Bran'dasia (Brandon + Asia)
    Randaysha (Dad is Randy)

My cousin also decided it would be a good idea to name her sons Kash & Trillion
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I think i got one that tops all name

I went to school with a girl name Teriyaki... Yes as in Teriyaki sauce, SMH at her momma
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i know like 10 black dudes named moses i think all of them are somalian
    know like 5 arabs named ali
    know some white ppl with crazy names 2 like 1 gurl named sunanda it means sun in sum language
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ive heard LaPrincessa as a name. LA- PRINCESS-A WTF
  • GameTime33463
    GameTime33463 Members Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? is funny as hell to me though.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    or perhaps after voltaires Candide (which is still stupid as Candide was a character who was incredibly naive)

*Shaq Face* at you thinking one of the chicks that comes up with these names even knows who Voltaire is.
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • queela
    queela Members Posts: 1
    edited October 2010
    Options
    revan wrote: »
    i remember on an episode of ricki lake (throwback) years ago, there was this ? named nyqueela.

well guess what raven, i sometimes wonder y u have a incomplete profile, maybe its the ugly in u thats ur afraid people will run from. Nyqueela is my name ? and i am a very successfull women, so until u get on my level............ Holla at cha gurl.... Back in the nyc on dat ass ? wish she can travel the world like a playa
  • Tommy Billfiger
    Tommy Billfiger Banned Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options
    queela wrote: »
    well guess what raven, i sometimes wonder y u have a incomplete profile, maybe its the ugly in u thats ur afraid people will run from. Nyqueela is my name ? and i am a very successfull women, so until u get on my level............ Holla at cha gurl.... Back in the nyc on dat ass ? wish she can travel the world like a playa

So you signed up and upped this thread just to say that?

lol@ 'nyqueela'
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2010
    Options

hey nyqueela i think i took some of you to go to sleep last week when i had a nasty cough