smh......why are u women naming your children these crazy @ss names?

Options

Comments

• Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i know somebody with one of these f*cked up names is posting on the ic right now. They're like f*ck that thread ? !!

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I forgot that I went to school with a ? name Corvousier or however u spell it

Yes, just like the liquor
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    another thing is when they a baby and they have a normal name but it sounds like they should be in they 40's...a baby girl named Barbara or Gladys lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    My mom is a teacher, and she had this student in her classroom named "Sir Malcolm". That was his first name. Now that wouldn't be the worst thing, but the problem is that when the art teacher shortened his name to Malcolm, the mother came to the school and cursed her out. Now as a small note, I'll mention that the boy was failing almost every class and my mom had been trying to get the mother in to talk about it for months, but the woman would never come. As soon as some shortens that ? name, she rushes to the school with no problem. There is no wonder these kids are ? up nowadays.

What's worse than the names is the actual mindset behind some of them. I knew this chick that named her daughter "Saquisha." So of course I asked her why she'd do that to her child. She said she didn't understand why people asked that. She said every other group does it. According to her Chinese names just sounded like random sounds thrown together. I had to actually explain to this dumb hoe that the names sounded like that because she didn't know the language, but they actually meant something in Chinese. Then I asked here what Saquisha meant and what significance it had. She just sat there looking stupid. I shook my head and walked away.
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Creflo Dollar?

that can't be that ? real name
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    No lie, I work in the hospital and I can tell right off the bat when a patient calls the age group they are in just by the name. Like a cat named Kenyatta called and I knew he was in his 30's just like I know Willie Mae is a woman in her 60's lol
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    My mom is a teacher, and she had this student in her classroom named "Sir Malcolm". That was his first name. Now that wouldn't be the worst thing, but the problem is that when the art teacher shortened his name to Malcolm, the mother came to the school and cursed her out. Now as a small note, I'll mention that the boy was failing almost every class and she had been trying to get the mother in to talk about it for monts, but the woman would never come. As soon as some shortens that ? name, she rushes to the school with no problem. There is no wonder these kids are ? up nowadays.

What's worse than the names is the actual mindset behind some of them. I knew this chick that named her daughter "Saquisha." So of course I asked her why she'd do that to her child. She said she didn't understand why people asked that. She said every other group does it. According to her Chinese names just sounded like random sounds thrown together. I had to actually explain to this dumb hoe that the names sounded like that because she didn't know the language, but they actually meant something in Chinese. Then I asked here what Saquisha meant and what significance it had. She just sat there looking stupid. I shook my head and walked away.

damn she sound dumb as ?
  • ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    DAMITT wrote: »
    What about kids with names of cars, appliances and places like................... Mercedes, Kia Sephia, Microweavea, Zenith, Atlantashia,Orlando

Microweavea made me spit out my drink. LOL.

I knew a chick in college--very nice, actually--named Aquanetta.

I saw 3 sisters some years back, ages 12, 10 and 9 named Diamond, Mercedes...and Ikea. I kid you not.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    DAMITT wrote: »
    i remember my pop's used to watch this cooking show sometimes and the muthafucking chef's name was Wolfgang and that muthafucka sure wasn't Indian.

Wolfgang Puck...

Once you reach a certain level of success, people tend to accept whatever name you have. He has restaurants all over the place. Word to "The Source" on Pennsylvania Ave and 5th St.
  • Revan
    Revan Members Posts: 4
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I remember on an episode of Ricki Lake (throwback) years ago, there was this ? named Nyqueela.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Wolfgang Puck...

Once you reach a certain level of success, people tend to accept whatever name you have. He has restaurants all over the place. Word to "The Source" on Pennsylvania Ave and 5th St.

yup his name is a brand.. and anything else wouldnt be as unique or synonymous with him so..his success made his name worthwhile.. stage name or not
  • htowntx
    htowntx Members Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Lol it's funny that only one female has commented in this thread.
    The rest of u IC broads must named y'all kids something ? too
  • 1of1
    edited May 2010
    Options
    My mom is a teacher, and she had this student in her classroom named "Sir Malcolm". That was his first name. Now that wouldn't be the worst thing, but the problem is that when the art teacher shortened his name to Malcolm, the mother came to the school and cursed her out. Now as a small note, I'll mention that the boy was failing almost every class and my mom had been trying to get the mother in to talk about it for months, but the woman would never come. As soon as some shortens that ? name, she rushes to the school with no problem. There is no wonder these kids are ? up nowadays.

*F8ckin Dead*
  • thespookwhosatbythed
    thespookwhosatbythed Banned Users Posts: 164
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Lol @ old ass names lmao.. hahaha Cleofus, Crispus..

@ the ? that caught feelings
    35k1pnb.jpg

didnt catch feelings you just dont understand the intricisies of being black in america.
  • P-Dogg77
    P-Dogg77 Members Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Here are the worst one i've heard so far

Christopharoah
    Two sisters named Ebony Black and Ivory White
    Oranjello and Lemonjello - These names are getting a bit popular .
    Hennessey , KelShanique , KimKisha , Shanaynay .

Btw if you wanna name your kids something "creative" take a look at this thread first and then give it a good think.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    LOL at mfs naming kids after products in their medicine cabinet, garage, and entertainment room. Failure, failure, failure.
  • 1of1
    edited May 2010
    Options
    didnt catch feelings you just dont understand the intricisies of being black in america.

LMAO!!!!!!!! *Dead??????*
  • playmaker88
    edited May 2010
    Options

Lol..He doesn't get it.. and um yeah
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    dont get creative with baby names.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    P-Dogg77 wrote: »
    Here are the worst one i've heard so far

Christopharoah
    Two sisters named Ebony Black and Ivory White
    Oranjello and Lemonjello - These names are getting a bit popular .
    Hennessey , KelShanique , KimKisha , Shanaynay .

when I worked at the child support office we had a case with "orangejello and yellowjello" pronounced oran-jalo and yellah-jalo
  • thespookwhosatbythed
    thespookwhosatbythed Banned Users Posts: 164
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Lol..He doesn't get it.. and um yeah

what dont i get? why name a ? a name you aint gone call him? hell im i have a white persons name and my parents dont even pronounce it that way.
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I know a Kimquetta
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    dont get creative with baby names.

I picked a strong name for my son

Donovan :)

and not named after Donovan McNabb either . I got the name cause I was watching some sports thing when I was 9 month prego and saw Donovan Bailey win some race .. the guy who ran track and beat Michael Johnson's record. :tu
  • playmaker88
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I picked a strong name for my son

Donovan :)

and not named after Donovan McNabb either . I got the name cause I was watching some sports thing when I was 9 month prego and saw Donovan Bailey win some race .. the guy who ran track and beat Michael Johnson's record. :tu

the guy who cheated.. i think he was canadian..
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ra-mes1 wrote: »
    Microweavea made me spit out my drink. LOL.

I knew a chick in college--very nice, actually--named Aquanetta.
    I saw 3 sisters some years back, ages 12, 10 and 9 named Diamond, Mercedes...and Ikea. I kid you not.
    It's a patient here with that name, I never knew it was a real name lol