Anybody who is in doubt of Drake's talent....

Options
MAKAVELI25
MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in The Reason
I can't even lie, all the Drake verses I've heard spit on TML apart from maybe the "Fireworks" one have been wack. I started to doubt dude just like a lot of y'all. But then today I had my iPod on shuffle andd the song "Asthma Attack" came on, then I remembered why I initially loved his music. I'm not saying he is the greatest rapper or anything like that, you don't have to like him if you're not feeling him, but it urks me when people say he can't rap. Anyone who doubts the man's talent only has to listen to "Comeback Season", still one of the greatest hip hop mixtapes never heard. That ? is amazing, I listened to the whole album and remembered why I became such a big fan in early 2008. I know it's real popular around here to hate on Drizzy, but anyone who doubt what I'm saying just listen to Comeback Season and songs like 9AM in Dallas to see he has what it takes. I'll admit some of his latest songs have been wack, but there is no denying the dude can spit with a vengeance

Comments

• Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Everytime I wanna ignore this ? I listen to Comebac Season.

That said, Thank Me Later is actually shaping up well. Find Your Love grew on me, Fireworks was superb and I liked Unforgettable. I'm back on the bandwagon.
  • MAKAVELI25
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Everytime I wanna ignore this ? I listen to Comebac Season.

That said, Thank Me Later is actually shaping up well. Find Your Love grew on me, Fireworks was superb and I liked Unforgettable. I'm back on the bandwagon.

Ya, but Jay owned "Light me Up." Drake came kinda weak on that track
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    I can't even lie, all the Drake verses I've heard spit on TML apart from maybe the "Fireworks" one have been wack. I started to doubt dude just like a lot of y'all. But then today I had my iPod on shuffle andd the song "Asthma Attack" came on, then I remembered why I initially loved his music. I'm not saying he is the greatest rapper or anything like that, you don't have to like him if you're not feeling him, but it urks me when people say he can't rap. Anyone who doubts the man's talent only has to listen to "Comeback Season", still one of the greatest hip hop mixtapes never heard. That ? is amazing, I listened to the whole album and remembered why I became such a big fan in early 2008. I know it's real popular around here to hate on Drizzy, but anyone who doubt what I'm saying just listen to Comeback Season and songs like 9AM in Dallas to see he has what it takes. I'll admit some of his latest songs have been wack, but there is no denying the dude can spit with a vengeance

c/s the bolded
    That song with him and Rich Boy goes hard
  • koncretemind
    koncretemind Members Posts: 1,439
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So Far Gone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Comeback season
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    dude has a slightly below average flow
    and slightly above average punchlines
    he has a pretty monotone voice
    but his subject matter is cool for the most part

the dude is ok , any way you slice it
  • nash82
    nash82 Members Posts: 182
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I'v been listening to Drake, and B.O.B latley, and I am impressed with both really! Like you said Drake's not the best to ever do it, but dude seems real, and spits some pretty good subject matter!
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    nash82 wrote: »
    I'v been listening to Drake, and B.O.B latley, and I am impressed with both really! Like you said Drake's not the best to ever do it, but dude seems real, and spits some pretty good subject matter!

good subject matter? Only thing I hear him spit about is his success over and over and over again and to women over and over and over again. Fill me in on this good subject matter?
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    GSonII wrote: »
    good subject matter? Only thing I hear him spit about is his success over and over and over again and to women over and over and over again. Fill me in on this good subject matter?

most non gangsta rappers talk about that
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    J Cole >>>>>>>>>>> drake
  • nash82
    edited May 2010
    Options
    GSonII wrote: »

Good subject matter is all up to your opinon! I think he sounds real, even when spitting about success and women! Whats he suppose to rap about??
  • MAKAVELI25
    edited May 2010
    Options
    dude has a slightly below average flow
    and slightly above average punchlines
    he has a pretty monotone voice
    but his subject matter is cool for the most part

the dude is ok , any way you slice it

I will admit that it's kinda annoying that he uses the same flow on every song. But in seeing mainstream artists (Not even gonna mention Wocka and Gucci) like TI, Bun B, Maino, Rick Ross, Jeezy, you rly think Drake's flow is below average?
  • MAKAVELI25
    edited May 2010
    Options
    J Cole >>>>>>>>>>> drake

:rolls eyes: Of course, cuz thats the focus of debate
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    :rolls eyes: Of course, cuz thats the focus of debate

Damn so you went from bumpin PAC to then thinking drake is nice.......lol change your name
  • GSonII
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I will admit that it's kinda annoying that he uses the same flow on every song. But in seeing mainstream artists (Not even gonna mention Wocka and Gucci) like TI, Bun B, Maino, Rick Ross, Jeezy, you rly think Drake's flow is below average?

TIP's flow is superb to anyone in the game right now, that's what has kept him were he is for close to 10 years, are you seriously trying to say that Drake's flow is in the same lane as T.I.'s? I mean this place is truly wack with some of the stuff u dude's come up with
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    drake is wack if he wasnt rapping with wayne no1 would give 2 ? about him. lil wayne is wack too. ppl are afraid to have their own opinion. i rather listen to dudes like cassidy, fab, and banks at least they dont use some recycled wack punch lines all the time
  • GSonII
    edited May 2010
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    drake is wack if he wasnt rapping with wayne no1 would give 2 ? about him. lil wayne is wack too. ppl are afraid to have their own opinion. i rather listen to dudes like cassidy, fab, and banks at least they dont use some recycled wack punch lines all the time

co-sign Drake as wack and Wayne toes between being wack and mediocre to me but never heard greatness from the guy
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    most non gangsta rappers talk about that

Not really....................
  • dubzz
    dubzz Members Posts: 187
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So his lyrics, flow and delivery have all miraculously been healed of their anemia? No?

Then this cat is still average at best.
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • ImGettingOld
    ImGettingOld Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    All the songs Ive heard from TML have been real good I might actually buy his album and Jay wasn't better than him on "Light up"
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I cant believe people actually think this guy can't rap. Sure he isn't the greatest and doesn't switch up his flow, but to come out and say dude can't rap is just flat out dumb.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I really dont understand why this dude gets so much hate. He gots a sound thats really never been done before(dont say 50 and ja rule), he raps about what he knows and experienced and ? what you heard he makes really good music. Him "not switching up his flow" is the lamest excuse to hate on him.

Dude even brought out Z-Ro on stage in h-town(dont know how to post videos but here you go)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UZlmLkIfL8
  • dubzz
    dubzz Members Posts: 187
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I cant believe people actually think this guy can't rap. Sure he isn't the greatest and doesn't switch up his flow, but to come out and say dude can't rap is just flat out dumb.

He can rap, he's just not good at it.
  • nash82
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I really dont understand why this dude gets so much hate. He gots a sound thats really never been done before(dont say 50 and ja rule), he raps about what he knows and experienced and ? what you heard he makes really good music. Him "not switching up his flow" is the lamest excuse to hate on him.

Dude even brought out Z-Ro on stage in h-town(dont know how to post videos but here you go)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UZlmLkIfL8

This is what I talkin about! Noone said he the best, but he good at what he does!