Anybody who is in doubt of Drake's talent....

Options

Comments

• BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Drake as a artist (singin,songwriting,etc.) he's really talented but people wanna boost his rapping ability because of the other talents.Because strictly rappin he's average he has hot lines here and there but People hype up his lyrics because people want that next complete rapper.Thats Ill lyrically and Musically so therefore hyping up alot of young cats talent for the sake of it.
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    dubzz wrote: »
    He can rap, he's just not good at it.

If you've heard his pre-Young Money stuff and don't like it, I understand. But if the earliest Drake song youu ever heard was "Best I ever had", then you are not qualified to say whether or not he's a good rapper. If BP3 was the first Jay album someone heard, they'd prolly think he was a wack rapper.
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    GSonII wrote: »
    TIP's flow is superb to anyone in the game right now, that's what has kept him were he is for close to 10 years, are you seriously trying to say that Drake's flow is in the same lane as T.I.'s? I mean this place is truly wack with some of the stuff u dude's come up with

Come on son? Getdafuckouttaherewithdatbullshitson!
  • Soulljjah
    Soulljjah Banned Users Posts: 27
    edited May 2010
    Options
    The BDB wrote: »
    Drake as a artist (singin,songwriting,etc.) he's really talented but people wanna boost his rapping ability because of the other talents.Because strictly rappin he's average he has hot lines here and there but People hype up his lyrics because people want that next complete rapper.Thats Ill lyrically and Musically so therefore hyping up alot of young cats talent for the sake of it.

Yeah I know, he's a much better singer than he is a rapper. His rapping voice is so annoying too. Idk why ? today gotta rap all the time. Are there any singers anymore? Why the hell you gotta rap for? Your gift is singing and songwriting so let it be. Jeez.
  • dubzz
    dubzz Members Posts: 187
    edited May 2010
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    If you've heard his pre-Young Money stuff and don't like it, I understand. But if the earliest Drake song youu ever heard was "Best I ever had", then you are not qualified to say whether or not he's a good rapper. If BP3 was the first Jay album someone heard, they'd prolly think he was a wack rapper.

I've listened to his old stuff and his new stuff, his hyped stuff and his wack stuff. He just doesn't have it.

If the Blueprint 3 was the first Jay album someone heard they would at least acknowledge that he can flow.

BP3 >>>>>>> Drake's career
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    So Far Gone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Comeback season

I disagree
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ppl that are saying hes a good singer dont know what hes talking about i seen him live twice and he cant sing for ? he sounds horrible live
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    drake is wack if he wasnt rapping with wayne no1 would give 2 ? about him. lil wayne is wack too. ppl are afraid to have their own opinion. i rather listen to dudes like cassidy, fab, and banks at least they dont use some recycled wack punch lines all the time

LOL @ Drake being wack, but then mentioning 2 punchline rappers as being better. GTFOH!!!

Getwitcha
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    drake is wack if he wasnt rapping with wayne no1 would give 2 ? about him. lil wayne is wack too. ppl are afraid to have their own opinion. i rather listen to dudes like cassidy, fab, and banks at least they dont use some recycled wack punch lines all the time

so instead of people having their own opinion that he's nice, they should take on your opinion that he's wack...cuz that would certainly end the problem of them having their own opinion...
  • eyes low
    edited June 2010
    Options
    LOL @ Drake being wack, but then mentioning 2 punchline rappers as being better. GTFOH!!!

Getwitcha

what do you think drake is hes definitely not lyrical hes a punch line rapper too
  • eyes low
    edited June 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    so instead of people having their own opinion that he's nice, they should take on your opinion that he's wack...cuz that would certainly end the problem of them having their own opinion...

thats not what i was saying. Ppl think hes nice bc theyre too busy sucking waynes ? to think otherwise
  • SOWETO
    SOWETO Members Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    phonte fathered this ? , who cares?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    thats not what i was saying. Ppl think hes nice bc theyre too busy sucking waynes ? to think otherwise

so you are saying people should share your opinion then...you're pretty much saying it's impossible for somebody to genuinely think Drake is a good rapper for any reason other than them also being a fan of Wayne...
  • MAKAVELI25
    edited June 2010
    Options

The ? are you saying? Most Drake (including myself) think the biggest mistake he ever made was signing to Young Money
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    genstasia wrote: »
    Drake does everything on an average level.... LOL @ ppl really thinkin he can actually sing... Like someone else said his song writing abilities are AMAZING i.e. Unthinkable- Alicia Keys... but he's an average rapper in a sea of wack ? and the Token guy in a group filled with some of the weakest ppl ever (Young Money). Drake isn't wack he just isnt that great...

Lauryn Hill >>>>>>> Drake both in Singin and Rappin... who wanna disagree??

Id rather jam drake then lauryn hill, but thats just me cause I dont jam females period, thats like watching the wnba(but I do know the meolh is a classic)
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    genstasia wrote: »
    Well thats u and i dont care if u rather"Jam" Gucci over Nas or Young Berg over Pac talent is talent.... like i said Lauryn Hill showed these half-a-talents how to actually Rap AND Sing and do both very well.....

With that being said, you dont think drake has talent?
  • eyes low
    edited June 2010
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    so you are saying people should share your opinion then...you're pretty much saying it's impossible for somebody to genuinely think Drake is a good rapper for any reason other than them also being a fan of Wayne...

im stating my opinion when did i say you shouldnt listen to drake if u wanna listen to a wack rapper go ahead im not gonna stop you
  • eyes low
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The ? are you saying? Most Drake (including myself) think the biggest mistake he ever made was signing to Young Money

lets be real no1 would give a ? about him if he wasnt rapping with wayne
  • 7thwardslim
    7thwardslim Members Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    this thread is before its time...........we will be discussing this topic for years to come.......is Drake talented yes......is his talent over-stated hell yea.....
    is he over-rated hell yea.....he will always be over-rated....
  • new account2
    new account2 Members Posts: 1,469
    edited June 2010
    Options
    he a aight singer and a wack rapper at best.....when i saw him on that funk master flex ? that told me everything i needed to see about hime....freestyling off a blackberry and only had like two verses ready.....WTF???? ? couldnt even spit no prewritten ? ............
  • new account2
    new account2 Members Posts: 1,469
    edited June 2010
    Options
    He dont have no lyrics, his flow is trash....half the time his hooks dont match his verses........its like the ? is learning how to rap right in front of our eyes...he puts out music that belongs in your home studio that no one else should hear...he got an aight voice for a singer......but we know that ? cant really sing.....to be honest i dont see how dude is as big as he is.......
  • MAKAVELI25
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lets be real no1 would give a ? about him if he wasnt rapping with wayne

I call BS on that, He was big in Canada before he got with Wayne with songs like "Replacement Girl." And "Best I ever had", the song that made him popular, didn't even feature Wayne. WTF are you talking about?
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited June 2010
    Options
    sumbody xplain this ? ....

^y is wayne spittin drakez verse from money 2 blow like itz his ? @ da 08 mtv vmaz ova da misunderstood beat???? who is weezy & drizzy tryna fool???? lol
  • MAKAVELI25
    edited June 2010
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    sumbody xplain this ? ....

^y is wayne spittin drakez verse from money 2 blow like itz his ? @ da 08 mtv vmaz ova da misunderstood beat???? who is weezy & drizzy tryna fool???? lol

This was when he was co-signing Drake, it's basically a way of paying homage to Drizzy. You rly think Wayne thought no one would notice
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited June 2010
    Options
    This was when he was co-signing Drake, it's basically a way of paying homage to Drizzy. You rly think Wayne thought no one would notice

well thatz a krazy way of payin homage especially since drake had neva spitt'd that verse on record b4 da 08 vmaz was way b4 'money 2 blow' came out...