what if NAS wouldv have died and biggie lived would nas be the GREATEST

Options

Comments

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    bump to FOF this thread, so our future descendants can upload & read this thread in grade schools

cosign.....
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Man after readin the ? in this thread, why do ? gas this ktulu ? n tomp, if i was mod them ? woulda Been banned forreal. dickriding ass ?
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    bump

the realest quote I ever bump
  • juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    even biggie thought nas was gonna win the 1995 lyricist of the year at the 1995 source awards show.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Shut up Ronnie
  • KTULU IS BACK
    KTULU IS BACK Banned Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    big lost his life

nas lost in life
  • juelz21
    juelz21 Members Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    "I knew I was gonna win something. Album of the Year, that's what I wanted more than anything. The best performance, I ain't think I was gonna win that. And I definitely ain't think I was gonna win best lyricist, with Nas [nominated]. But best album, I wanted that. I worked hard on that piece. When I put the album together, I knew it was tight: I knew it was lyrically tight, I knew it had some cool songs, but I wasn't thinking multiplatinum. I thought I was gonna do good like everybody else." biggie
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    big lost his life

nas lost in life

lmao i swear this whiteboy got serious real life beef with nas...
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    so u wanna be ? with yo hat to the back talking bout the gats in your rap»»»»»nas

your reign on the top was short like leprecauns»»»»»godson

yo family destiny, lays in my hand»»»»nasir jones as a rapper, family man and kelis' bank account.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    We know, it's common knowledge.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2011
    Options
    so

Rakim>>>>>> Kane???
  • BReddy
    BReddy Banned Users Posts: 360
    edited January 2011
    Options
    yeah nas got this one yo
  • DJ Pauls Arm
    DJ Pauls Arm Members Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The kufi warriors out in full force I see
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I almost didn’t make the record," he said. "Big called me at the last minute, and said, 'Get me a track,' and I told him, 'I don’t have time to make one.' I had other deadlines to meet at the time. He was on his way to blow up, and I loved him, and I wanted to help, but I really just didn’t have the time...he just kept pushing me like, ’Yo, Prem, please, please, I ain’t got no more money in my budget. All I got is $5,000.’ And I’m like, ’Dude, I cost way more than that, but I love you, and I’m going to go ahead and look out for you. Just get up here tonight.’ And I did that beat. He was here...he just went in there and spit it. No paper, no nothing. He actually just sits there for hours. And you’d think he’s not doing anything, or even concentrating, and then when it’s getting damn near three or four in the morning, you ask him, 'Dude, are we going to do this tonight? Or are we coming back tomorrow?' He’ll be like, 'Nah, I’m ready.’ And he just gets up, and goes in there. Bangs it. Done."

Premo also recalled a similar experience while recording Nas's "N.Y. State of Mind." He said that Nas actually belted out the song's first in one take.

"That was just amazing because it happened in this room," he noted. "Nas watched me build the beat from scratch. And he wrote the verse in the studio. If you listen to "N.Y. State of Mind," you'll hear him going, "I don"t know how to start this ? ," because he literally just wrote it. Before he started the verse, I was signaling him going, "One, two, three," and he just goes in like, "Rappers I monkey flip 'em, in the funky rhythm." He did that in one take. After he did that first verse, he goes, "How was that? Did that sound all right?" And we were just like, "Oh, my ? ! The streets are going to go crazy when they hear this!"
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Preemo 's the GOAT hip hop producer...period.

Dude will sent there and make a classic right in front of your eyes…..and there's been countless accounts of artists testifying to this fact.

None that fancy slick cop out ? about "conducting or directing" yet not making the actually music.
    No sitting around waiting for the piano player , drummer, and horn section to show up, while all you do is nod your head rather you like it or not
    Then take full credit and props....while they stuck with a ? ass “co-“
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Here’s what Game had to say about working with Prem:

The Game:
    I'm recording every day for no reason," Game added. "Pharrell is executive producer and it ain't gone change. I got Dre producing on the album, I got Premier. Like all the people I've wanted on one album, are on this album. I knocked out like two, three joints with Premier before I left on tour, so maybe sh*t, the end of like October, but, I'm probably gonna use one on the album. Premier sent me the joints he did. Something he don't never do. Premier don't send you sh*t through e-mail, but we've been meaning to catch up to each other and work, and he was doing some stuff with Christina Aguilera and some other things so he be everywhere. So he ended up saying, 'I'll just send you these joints. I made this for you.'" (Complex)

DJ Premier:
    Me and Game just did a banger called 'Born In The Trap,'" Premier revealed to SOHH. "He was like, 'Can I get another one?' I said, 'What, you didn't like that one?' He said, 'No, no, I want to buy another one!' I was like, 'Sh*t yeah.' [laughs] He said mine is the second song on the album, so, I'm about to do another one for him but the one that we already did, he said it's going to be the second song. I'm excited about that. I know he's been leaking out a lot of stuff but he said a lot of the stuff he's leaking isn't going to be on the album. I haven't even heard anything. He knocked that sh*t out with me in one day and I mixed it the same day."
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I almost didn’t make the record," he said. "Big called me at the last minute, and said, 'Get me a track,' and I told him, 'I don’t have time to make one.' I had other deadlines to meet at the time. He was on his way to blow up, and I loved him, and I wanted to help, but I really just didn’t have the time...he just kept pushing me like, ’Yo, Prem, please, please, I ain’t got no more money in my budget. All I got is $5,000.’ And I’m like, ’Dude, I cost way more than that, but I love you, and I’m going to go ahead and look out for you. Just get up here tonight.’ And I did that beat. He was here...he just went in there and spit it. No paper, no nothing. He actually just sits there for hours. And you’d think he’s not doing anything, or even concentrating, and then when it’s getting damn near three or four in the morning, you ask him, 'Dude, are we going to do this tonight? Or are we coming back tomorrow?' He’ll be like, 'Nah, I’m ready.’ And he just gets up, and goes in there. Bangs it. Done."

Premo also recalled a similar experience while recording Nas's "N.Y. State of Mind." He said that Nas actually belted out the song's first in one take.

"That was just amazing because it happened in this room," he noted. "Nas watched me build the beat from scratch. And he wrote the verse in the studio. If you listen to "N.Y. State of Mind," you'll hear him going, "I don"t know how to start this ? ," because he literally just wrote it. Before he started the verse, I was signaling him going, "One, two, three," and he just goes in like, "Rappers I monkey flip 'em, in the funky rhythm." He did that in one take. After he did that first verse, he goes, "How was that? Did that sound all right?" And we were just like, "Oh, my ? ! The streets are going to go crazy when they hear this!"

yea that story never gets old. Nas sounding all insecure and ? while spitting some of the GOAT verses
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    and ? on here stay tryna clown these ? ........smh.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I love stories like this.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    The kufi warriors out in full force I see

real shss, ? out here repping with their Esco kufi caps
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    r-sanchez wrote: »
    hello ......

who are you?
  • refcortez
    refcortez Members Posts: 377 ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    20 something pages later and i still can't stop laughing at "nas and found". and ktulu is a ? fool, he needs his own appreciation thread. i just smoked some loud and went threw this whole thread, and i'm convinced, nas lost.
  • thesynthesis
    thesynthesis Members Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    bluprint wrote: »
    I always heard her deny it no proof

only that she spent 3 days with pac, recording songs attending parties in the midst of a crazy beef and having caught her husband ? other woman including lil kim and charlie baltimoore, why wouldnt she want to sleep with the most famous rapper on the planet if not only to get revenge on her husband? when she left to go over to the westcoast her and big were having serious problems

big knew she ? pac thats why he said it on a song

? even ray j said he remembers seeing faith sitting on pacs lap in the studio
  • thesynthesis
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Here is the OG version to WONDA WHY THEY CALL YOU ? featuring Faith Evans lol Ironic

Pac not only ? her he also recorded 3 songs over 3 days with her late nights in the studio....he never used any of the songs and had no intention too, BadBoy would never had allowed it, you know Pac threw game at her, probs told her we'll sign you to DR and that her man don't treat her right (which he didnt). Faith was mad at BIG for cheating on her, this was ultimate revenge for her....Faith won in the end,

there are some real gullible ? on here, yall wifey gonna be suckin another ? ? while u hard at work, ? lettin theyre wife spend time with another ? lol, where they do that?...if ur wife making songs with ur enemy, attending parties with him, late nites in the studio, taking picstures etc and u think its all good den u a mark.....lmaooo forreal
  • thesynthesis
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I still cant believe this ? Pac got her to drop vocals on Wonda Why They Call You ? lmao....

Imagine is Jay had to Carmen to drop a intro on his record