The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? saying Mikey didn't impress because he didn't KO Broner are idiots.

Maidana didn't KO him, neither did Porter.

Chumps.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good look.. ill check this at some point..

Victor Ortiz headlining on FS1 right now
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the Nathaniel Gallimore ? , im gonna be checkin for him..he was clownin that ? while whoopin his ass LOL
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yup time for broner to hang it up
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JLacey wrote: »
    Smh that ? broner lost me 1,200 on a parlay

?
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Broner no big wins since Antonio Demarco
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/top-ranks-duboef-rips-mikey-garcia-open-garcia-lomachenko--119049
    Top Rank's duBoef Rips Mikey Garcia, Open to Garcia-Lomachenko

By Keith Idec

If Mikey Garcia genuinely wants to fight Vasyl Lomachenko, Top Rank president Todd duBoef promised Monday that Garcia’s former promoter would welcome negotiations.

Garcia has repeatedly said he’s not sure high-profile fights against Lomachenko at 135 pounds and Terence Crawford at 140 pounds are realistic options because of Garcia’s history with Top Rank. The undefeated three-division champion reached a financial settlement 14 months ago to terminate his contract with Bob Arum’s promotional company.

The business standoff Garcia initiated with Top Rank helped keep Garcia out of the ring for 2½ years and left Top Rank executives perplexed regarding Garcia’s position. That doesn’t mean, however, that Top Rank wouldn’t make Garcia-Lomachenko or Garcia-Crawford.

“Listen, if Mikey Garcia’s interested in the fight, have his guys call us,” an agitated duBoef said during a conference call Monday to promote Lomachenko’s 130-pound title fight against Miguel Marriaga on Saturday night in Los Angeles. “We’re in. Any time. Any time. I mean, the guy leaves us and then he mentions the three guys I wanna fight are Pacquiao, Crawford and Lomachenko [all promoted by Top Rank]. Why would you leave and go on strike for two years? I hate to call it how it is, guys.”

Garcia’s third performance since he came back last summer was his most impressive. The Oxnard, California, native moved up from 135 pounds to 140 and out-boxed four-division champion Adrien Broner to win a 12-round unanimous decision Saturday night at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

After beating Broner (33-3, 24 KOs, 1 NC), Garcia reiterated his desire to embrace big challenges. He mentioned Lomachenko (8-1, 6 KOs), Crawford (31-0, 22 KOs), WBA lightweight champion Jorge Linares (42-3, 27 KOs) and even WBA/WBC welterweight champion Keith Thurman (28-0, 22 KOs, 1 NC) as potential opponents.

DuBoef scoffed at the idea Garcia is willing to take the toughest fights.

“I am sick and tired of people filling you guys with a bunch of bullsh*t,” duBoef said, “and telling you that they wanna fight the greatest fighters out there and they’re available. That is complete nonsense. Mikey Garcia turned down [Yuriorkis] Gamboa, which would’ve made him something. So don’t tell me he’s striving to fight the best out there. He then came and said, ‘Oh, I wanna fight Pacquiao,’ after a two-year layoff. ‘I wanna fight Crawford. I wanna fight Lomachenko.’ Great. We’re here. His f***ing trainer shows up to say, ‘Hey, we wanna talk about it.’ And then he goes off and makes a Broner fight. Stop the nonsense. Stop it.

“These guys, they yap bullsh*t to you guys and that they’re these pristine people. They don’t go out there and create making matches. Vasyl has never dodged anybody. Crawford never dodged anybody. … They fight everybody out there. I hate these guys that tell them, ‘Oh, the reason why [is] they wanted the big fights out there.’ [And] he couldn’t fight Gamboa. Nonsense.”

So according to DuBoef.. Lomo never dodged anybody.. So I guess the Rigo fight next for him...
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/lomachenko-garcia-not-class-not-outstanding-against-broner--119050
    Lomachenko: Garcia Not 'A-Class,' Not Outstanding Against Broner

By Keith Idec

Vasyl Lomachenko wasn’t overly impressed by Mikey Garcia on Saturday night.

The WBO super featherweight champion watched Garcia out-box Adrien Broner, but nothing he saw would make him think twice about moving up from 130 pounds to 135 to face Garcia. Ukraine’s Lomachenko (8-1, 6 KOs) discussed Garcia on Monday during a conference call to promote his WBO super featherweight title defense against Colombia’s Miguel Marriaga (25-2, 21 KOs) on Saturday night at Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles (ESPN).

“I did see his fight,” Lomachenko said through a translator. “His trainer, Robert Garcia, at one point mentioned Mikey Garcia is a fighter of ‘A’ class. I didn’t see anything during that bout where he was a Class-A, outstanding fighter. Yes, he won the fight. Yes, he did everything to win the fight, [the way] it needs to be. But I haven’t seen nothing outstanding. I haven’t seen him being an A-Class fighter. And it was slow. I almost got to sleep.”

Garcia (37-0, 30 KOs) mentioned Lomachenko as a potential opponent before and after he beat Broner by unanimous decision in a 12-round main event Saturday night at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center. The unbeaten WBC lightweight champion has been applauded for moving up five pounds and soundly defeating Broner (33-3, 24 KOs, 1 NC), a former four-division champion from Cincinnati.

Todd duBoef, president for Top Rank Inc. (Lomachenko’s promoter), joined Lomachenko on Monday in downplaying Garcia’s performance.

“I saw the fight, believe it or not, and I didn’t think it was an incredible performance,” duBoef said. “I thought he out-pointed Broner, but I didn’t think it was a scintillating fight. I mean, I thought he won the fight clearly. But I wasn’t saying, ‘Oh, my ? ! The masses are clamoring for Mikey Garcia.’

“I’m being honest with you. I think he had a nice fight. He fought well. Broner wasn’t throwing a lot of punches and I thought Mikey did a good job. But a big name? A big name is Mikey Garcia now? I don’t see that.”

Garcia and Top Rank reached a financial settlement in May 2016 to end their promotional partnership, but Garcia has expressed interest in facing three Top Rank fighters – Lomachenko, unbeaten WBC/WBO super lightweight champion Terence Crawford and Filipino icon Manny Pacquiao – since he parted ways with Bob Arum’s promotional company.

“Mikey Garcia, after the fight, said clearly, ‘Whoever is willing to fight on Showtime, come and I’ll fight you,’ ” said Egis Klimas, Lomachenko’s manager. “He’s already choosing a network. I think we’re in a different way. We would love to fight Mikey Garcia. It would give a big name to Vasyl.”
  • Mastery
    Options
    Lomo fighting a nobody coming off a loss.
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im takin Garcia over Loma..
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Let's make that happen. 50 ?
  • Mastery
    Options

Idk about that bruh haha
  • Mastery
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »

@Rum Middleton
  • Mastery
    Options
  • Mastery
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »

Horn gonna get beat from post to post.. i know they dont like puttin manny in vs boxers but this would be his last big payday .. pass the sticks
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Crawford beats Horn easily. I wanna see Crawford in a competitive fight. All the welterweights are with PBC.
  • Mastery
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Crawford beats Horn easily. I wanna see Crawford in a competitive fight. All the welterweights are with PBC.

@buttuh_b

Crawfords next fight on the 19th may be somewhat competitive. Indongo is undefeated and holds the WBA/IBF belts, while Crawford holds WBC/WBO belts.

It'll be the first time a junior welterweight will hold every single title at once in 12 years.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options

@buttuh_b

Crawfords next fight on the 19th may be somewhat competitive. Indongo is undefeated and holds the WBA/IBF belts, while Crawford holds WBC/WBO belts.

It'll be the first time a junior welterweight will hold every single title at once in 12 years.

I remember saying Crawford a few years back and Yall ? didn't agree

Look at him now
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If they ever fight. Bet
  • Mastery
    Options

@buttuh_b

Look at him now

"Y'all" is pretty broad. I think ? on here been high on Crawford for a while bruh.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options

@buttuh_b

Look at him now

"Y'all" is pretty broad. I think ? on here been high on Crawford for a while bruh.

I ain't going back. But I remember ? saying nah. Not all but there was a nice section of ?
  • Mastery
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/mcgregor-malignaggi-sparring-session-erupted-says-joe-cortez--119073

@playmaker88

Cortez saying he had to break up the sparring session between Malignaggi and McGregor because they started getting pretty rough with one another haha

This probably explains why they weren't sparring eachother after that first time. Though I did read they were supposed to go again sometime soon.
  • Negro_Caesar
    edited August 2017
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/mcgregor-malignaggi-sparring-session-erupted-says-joe-cortez--119073

@playmaker88

Cortez saying he had to break up the sparring session between Malignaggi and McGregor because they started getting pretty rough with one another haha

This probably explains why they weren't sparring eachother after that first time. Though I did read they were supposed to go again sometime soon.

Paulie was saying mcgregor got some decent power nothing crazy after the Broner asswhooping
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paulie should be ashamed