The Official Marijuana & Hash Appreciation Thread [2.Dro]

Options

Comments

• Desi_416
    Desi_416 Members Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smokin a joint on my way to work this morning, damn thing fell, i tried to catch it mid-fall/lane change, somehow i flicked it into the door pocket on my driver side, had me trippin thinkin it was gonna start a fire lol
  • Washington_Red
    Washington_Red Members Posts: 255
    Options
    I'mma just drop this off right here for yall edutainment

growingclosets.com/
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    Options
    gottdayum dude in the labanese hash video said you put a 1/4gram of that in some brownies or smoke it you'll be done for 5-10 hrs goin in and out. A HALF A GRAM??!! LMAO I don't wanna be that done.

* finishes watching*
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Rusty

are you familiar with the dry ice extraction method?

I heard that method produces the most amout of keif (sp?)
  • rusty shackleford
    rusty shackleford Members Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    ^^yep.. that's actually the easiest & quickest way if you have the right tools [i.e.: 25 micron bubble bag & dry ice]
    now that i have a 4 hundred dollar set of bubble bags to replace an older/cheaper 80 dollar set.. me thinks i'ma try this with the 80 dollar set's 25 micron bag.. i'll post up how it goes when i give it a shot.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thinkin about startin my grow back in a couple weeks... got some Afgan seeds they gave me for free with my order a couple years ago.
  • rusty shackleford
    Options
    they should still be good as long as they've been kept inna cool dry place..
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    Options
    I never ended up using that hash recipe but I attempted some brownies and it didn't come out right for whatever reason. So I wasted weed and brownies smh. Now I gotta wait to reup again before trying anything.
  • rusty shackleford
    edited March 2012
    Options
    with brownies, you want to simmer the [completely cleaned] shake in butter at about 120 degrees for about 2 minutes.. then mix the butter into the mix & continue as directed... since thc & butter are both of an oily consistency.. the thc loosens away from the plant matter so the plant matter can even be strained out before cooking if desired..
  • Desi_416
    Options
    ive always wanted to make hash/something, I got a bunch of crystals all saved up from the inside of the buster, always bin hesitant...bin smoking since time but never done nothing like that. what can you do with the crystals that get collected in the buster

on a side note I just grabbed a half O of some trees that look like barney died and they sprinkled his purpleness all over the place
  • rusty shackleford
    edited March 2012
    Options
    what can you do with the crystals that get collected in the buster
    those crystals are what Bwoahmizzee referred to in a post above as kief.. it's the oil based product of a marijuana plants resin glands which is clear in it's untouched state.. this oily product contains the psychoactive ingredient known as thc & is often taken & scraped into a pile & then pressed together to make hash.

Bllw-Laconf-Dy45.jpg
    FFantasy-Resin8w-Day31.jpg
    JTRCamclass.jpg

... your average hash has about 30% thc by weight so personally speaking, i'd rather extract the thc from it's plant material which carries a .3 % to 18% thc level by weight & concentrate it into an oil called butane honey oil [bho] that is 80% thc by weight with a stripping agent such as hexane or butane. the bho i've made has sent a dude who take blood pressure meds to the emergency room...

Picture001.jpg

• rusty shackleford
    edited March 2012
    Options
    vaps is about the only thing i haven't tried.. but the reason [i'll admit] is a silly one: an old friend told me he tried it & that the high it gives you is more of a heady high that in retrospect wasn't worth the dough he spent.. but never the less, i've been considering savin' the dough & just seeing for myself...

• rusty shackleford
    Options
    Though he didn't reveal as many tricks as Nik did about his trade, Big D and his partners did divulge some important basics for making BHO. (We need to make this very clear: We aren't endorsing anyone blowing themselves up by attempting this legal -- in Colorado -- method of making medical hash. Really, don't be an idiot.)

TopShelfExtracts.FloBHO.jpg

To Make High grade BHO.

​1. Take your time. Do things right, not fast.

2. Use a thick, custom-blown glass tube. Plastic is just too questionable, and glass can be cleaned and reused again and again. Lots of glass shops around town sell these extraction tubes.

3. Use dry trim. Remove all fan leaves and stems, leaving only sugar leaves. Pack your trim into the tube tightly, but not so tight that fluid can't move around and get into the buds. Cap the bottom with two unbleached coffee filters. With custom glass tubes, you can secure the filters on a lip on the open end with zip ties.

4. Complete steps 5, 6 and 7 under a professional, scientific vent hood. These remove any chance of a spark or flame coming into contact with the lit gas -- much like if you were outside, away from any electrical outlets or fires (hint, hint). If you can't find a vent hood, you probably don't own an MIP (Marijuana Infused Product business). (Once again, let us be clear: Do not do this while smoking ? or cigarettes. Essentially: don't be an idiot.)

5. Use high-grade solvents. MIPs like Top Shelf Extracts have procured medical-grade butane for their extraction. Very few commercial butane producers come anywhere close to that level. If you had to use some off the shelf, 5x filtered from brands like Vector is about as good as you can get.

6. Use a clear glass pan to collect the extracted fluid. The pan should sit in a larger pan full of extremely hot (and inflammable) water. Once the THCinfused fluid hits the pan, it will begin to boil and evaporate.

TopShelfExtracts.BHO.jpg

Stacked chunks of amber goodness.

7. Indirect heat is your friend. After the first water bath goes lukewarm, change it out with more hot water (heated on a source far, far away from the extraction) and refill the bathing dish. Repeat this step several times until the liquid has been removed and you are down to the tar-like residue stuck to the pan itself. By now the dish of oil should be far less volatile.

8. Transfer the pan, now covered in gooey resin, to an electric heating pad. Big D suggested ones sold at plant nurseries to keep new seedlings warm. The heat gives the resin a taffy-like consistency and makes it easier to whip up with a razor blade. Start by cutting vertical and horizontal lines in the bottom of the pan to stir things up and release any trapped bubbles.

9. When it has stopped visibly reacting to the heat and movement and turned to a creamy consistency, let it settle and cure. As with bubble hash, here is where patience is a virtue. "When it doesn't do anything anymore, stop. Just let it sit," Big D advises.

10. Over a day or so, the mixture will continue to dry out and cure. The more solid the hash becomes, the more purged it is. You want it to reach the consistency of Play-Doh left open overnight. Some people use a vacuum pump to further purge their wax, though Big D says that extra step isn't always needed and that you can purge just as well without one.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2011/12/highly_concentrated_tips_for_better_hash_from_colorados_best.php?page=4
  • Desi_416
    Options
    vaps is about the only thing i haven't tried.. but the reason [i'll admit] is a silly one: an old friend told me he tried it & that the high it gives you is more of a heady high that in retrospect wasn't worth the dough he spent.. but never the less, i've been considering savin' the dough & just seeing for myself...

yea i can co-sign what your friend is saying, I'll smoke the vaps erry now and then, my boy has a nice one. we were at the head shop in Toronto (THC, there are many others but this one ? on em all) talkin to the dude in there about vaps he let us know the same thing your boy said and what we experienced. it has to do with with combustion of the trees, I was extremely high when we went in so I dont remember exactly what he said but its basically that in a joint/blunt/pipe the weed burns a lot differently, you smoke the entire plant and reduce it to dust, where as the vaps literally extracts the THC from the plant through vapor...im not a big fan of the vaps, i like the high off a joint/blunt or for them fun days a ? better

• Desi_416
    Options
    what can you do with the crystals that get collected in the buster
    those crystals are what Bwoahmizzee referred to in a post above as kief.. it's the oil based product of a marijuana plants resin glands which is clear in it's untouched state.. this oily product contains the psychoactive ingredient known as thc & is often taken & scraped into a pile & then pressed together to make hash.

Bllw-Laconf-Dy45.jpg
    FFantasy-Resin8w-Day31.jpg
    JTRCamclass.jpg

... your average hash has about 30% thc by weight so personally speaking, i'd rather extract the thc from it's plant material which carries a .3 % to 18% thc level by weight & concentrate it into an oil called butane honey oil [bho] that is 80% thc by weight with a stripping agent such as hexane or butane. the bho i've made has sent a dude who take blood pressure meds to the emergency room...

Picture001.jpg

aiight so, what your sayin is....either try to extract the THC and turn this into oil.. or scrape and compress it into hash....if I compress into hash, what do I do, just scrape and literally press, press, press

• rusty shackleford
    Options
    exactly.. if you check out that vid on dry ice extraction, it'll show how they're basically doing with dry ice what your grinder did but in a faster process using the extreme cold to make the tricombs brittle enough to brake off for collection.. then they just press them together into a solid block...
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rusty is like a wandering guru of THC, i salute you sir
  • rusty shackleford
    edited March 2012
    Options
    freehuey89 wrote: »
    Rusty is like a wandering guru of THC, i salute you sir
    mofiresmileytt2.gif

i wise man once said... if you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life..

... so i stays blowin' mad smoke out like....

fatguy.gif
  • rusty shackleford
    edited March 2012
    Options

Talib Kweli ft. Junior Reid & Ann Coulter - Hostile Gospel [Rusty's Front On This Remix]

http://www.zshare.net/audio/994348691a29a115/

.. not a weed anthem but talib offers a bit of weed wisdom via a single line makin' it worthy of being posted.. junior reid did the hook i used in this for some german mc who spits all his parts in german which is ok if we spoke german but.. :-@ =;
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP to my weed smoking ways, had to quit.
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    Options

WOW what a ripoff, thank ? i live in Canada, Winnipeg specifically we smoke that manitoba hydro n we known around the world, some might say our city is spoiled, soon as i cross the border its the worst weed ive ever seen in my lifetime n ? callin it "piff" the best weed in NY is like 7 out of 10 in my city, imma post pics soon of jus the average
  • rusty shackleford
    Options
    blackdemo wrote: »
    WOW what a ripoff, thank ? i live in Canada, Winnipeg specifically we smoke that manitoba hydro n we known around the world, some might say our city is spoiled, soon as i cross the border its the worst weed ive ever seen in my lifetime n ? callin it "piff" the best weed in NY is like 7 out of 10 in my city, imma post pics soon of jus the average
    that weed MUST be good.. that's the piffest run on sentence i've ever seen, hands down..