Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? is crazy. Out of all of the Marvel characters they could demonize, they chose Cyclops.

I don't see how he's ever gonna redeem himself after AvX. Not even Magneto or Jean Grey Dark Phoenix on their worst days did anything like this.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Yeah this is bananas.

Marvel Now cyclops should be interesting. I wonder if he's gonna be sort of an anti hero type character. Cant imagine he will have much friends after this.
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Oh ? .
    2588738-avx_11_preview1_super.jpg

2588739-avx_11_preview2_super.jpg

Mr Summers, your journey to the Dark Side is now complete. Now do us ALL a big favor and gon' head and ? Wolverine, Captain America and the Scarlet Witch, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Beast and any other X-traitors. In that order.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Mindbender could you school me a little bit on the Scarlet witch? I know shes magnetos daughter and apparently shes so powerful she almost killed all of the mutants? how did that happen? and what are her powers exactly? just magic beams?

And no way Cyclops is gonna walk outta this. You saw Green hulk in there. Hes gonna go to town on cyclops, yeah dawwwg!
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    Three words: No More Mutants.

With those words, that ? caused nearly all of mutantkind to lose their powers. Magneto, Polaris and a ton of others lost their powers, but were able to get them back. It all happened in "House of M".

Hence why pretty much all of mutantkind hated her; some still do. Wolverine's

My thing about AvX is this: If other heroes were allowed to be vindicated by their reckless actions at some point (i.e., Iron Man & Cap in Civil War, Hulk in WW Hulk, Red Hulk when he 1st came on the scene, Magneto, Polaris when she was possessed by Malice, Scarlet Witch, Rogue and her tenure in Mystique's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, etc), then Cyclops should be given the same treatment.

I give it 2 years tops before U Know Who gets resurrected and brought back to the 616 Universe.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    is 616 Universe the main universe? or is that a alt universe like AoA?
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mindbender could you school me a little bit on the Scarlet witch? I know shes magnetos daughter and apparently shes so powerful she almost killed all of the mutants? how did that happen? and what are her powers exactly? just magic beams?

And no way Cyclops is gonna walk outta this. You saw Green hulk in there. Hes gonna go to town on cyclops, yeah dawwwg!

She used to have hex like powers but this later developed into her having chaos magic linked abilities..when she first came about, her powers would act like some sort of jinx..for example, say Ironman is coming in blasting or whatever, she'd use her abilities and his suit would malfunction...later on during the House of M, she developed reality warping abilities, but this was later explained to be another entity fueling her..sort of how Parallax was fueling Hal Jordan when he went nuts..nowadays she's like a nexus being which is why she'll be used in this latest event.
  • jaxn
    Options
    Oh ? .
    2588738-avx_11_preview1_super.jpg

2588739-avx_11_preview2_super.jpg

Mr Summers, your journey to the Dark Side is now complete. Now do us ALL a big favor and gon' head and ? Wolverine, Captain America and the Scarlet Witch, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Beast and any other X-traitors. In that order.

this would be a perfect way of tying in the Twelve in this storyline..remember Cyke had to contain Apoc's essence? Folks thought he would go nuts then...
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    First look preview for "AvX: Consequences #1" (the 5 part mini series that'll show what happens immediately after AvX and lead right into Marvel: NOW!) came out today. Can't post from my phone, though.

For those of u who are Emma Frost fans, you'll be glad to know that she survived. The New Avengers book that dropped yesterday shows Luke Cage and Daredevil transporting her off to jail.

BTW, SMH @ Luke Cage @ the end of that book. What a ? !

Pretty much safe to say that the hands in handcuffs in that AvX: Consequences teaser pic I posted a while back in this thread definitely belong to Cyclops.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    issue was cool
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First look preview for "AvX: Consequences #1" (the 5 part mini series that'll show what happens immediately after AvX and lead right into Marvel: NOW!) came out today. Can't post from my phone, though.

For those of u who are Emma Frost fans, you'll be glad to know that she survived. The New Avengers book that dropped yesterday shows Luke Cage and Daredevil transporting her off to jail.

BTW, SMH @ Luke Cage @ the end of that book. What a ? !

Pretty much safe to say that the hands in handcuffs in that AvX: Consequences teaser pic I posted a while back in this thread definitely belong to Cyclops.

how did u get a copy, that book not even out in stores nor on marvel digital website?

• DrMindbender122
    edited September 2012
    Options
    @louis rich - just the teaser to the cover. They'll start dropping the preview scans of the 1st few pages any day now.

They're gonna do it like they did the covers to the different books like how they did during "Regenesis". They're supposed to start dropping spoilers/teasers as to who'll be on which team and so on.

I've seen a teaser pages for Uncanny Avengers where someone gets a full frontal lobotomy by the Red Skull and his crew. The internet has been burning up with speculation as to who it is; many believe it to be Cyclops because that person has an image of the P5 Cyclops in his pupils.

So far, Marvel hasn't said anything about whether or not it is Cyclops for sure getting his brain cut open.

Before, this cover only had a silloutte where Cyclops is now; u couldn't tell who it was

prv13589_cov.jpg

I SURE hope that this ain't my boy, Man. If it is, I swear that I'll never buy another X-book again:

uncannyavengers1_preview1_02.jpg

Preview scans from AvX: Consequences. Not much going on and no word/thought bubbles:

prv13589_pg1.jpg

prv13589_pg2.jpg

prv13589_pg3.jpg
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    This teaser cover pic just dropped yesterday:

Thunderbolts-01-Cover-rev.jpg

Not a bad team at all, Gotdayum
  • ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    Options
    if that is Cyke, maybe they're finally going in to fix his inability to control his optic blast so he doesn't need to wear lenses constantly...I'm hoping...

AvX has been cool except it really wasn't "vX". It was more like A vs Phoenix rather than an all-in, even battle of wills.
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    ra-mes1 wrote: »
    if that is Cyke, maybe they're finally going in to fix his inability to control his optic blast so he doesn't need to wear lenses constantly...I'm hoping...

AvX has been cool except it really wasn't "vX". It was more like A vs Phoenix rather than an all-in, even battle of wills.

More like starting off as Cap vs Cyke and then later Avengers and X-Men vs Cyclops
  • jaxn
    Options

Cyke needing to wear the glasses is a mental thing. He doesn't really need them..iirc it stems from not being able to save Havoc when they were kids..or something like that..it's been awhile since i've read the issue
  • DrMindbender122
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Oh ? ! For everyone wondering about Cable and his whereabouts throughout this AvX ? , he'll reappear with a new X-Force team (Collosus, Domino, Dr Nemesis and Forge).

From what Marvel is saying, they'll be in direct conflict with the Uncanny Avengers cuz they'll be labeled as terrorists.

Can't wait to see what they do with Cable now that he doesn't have the techno-organic virus holding his full power back.

I'll drop a pic later when I get back to my laptop.

I gotta say that as much as I started hating AvX, I'm liking most of the new teams that'll form as an after-effect. Still not sold on Uncanny Avengers yet, though.
  • ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    Options

More like starting off as Cap vs Cyke and then later Avengers and X-Men vs Cyclops

True, true. I just hope they find a way to give him some redemption. I always felt bad for Scott..like, the X-Men is his whole world. He pretty much has never known anything else except for Madeleine and we all know how that worked out....
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    We know Cable barely survived X-SANCTION. Where's he been since then? NOW is the time we find out. NOW as in Marvel NOW! Marvel has just announced what the teaser featuring Hopeless and Larroca's name means.

2591747-cableandxforce_01_cover_super.jpeg

This December, the deadliest mutant team of all debuts in Cable And X-Force #1, beginning the all-new ongoing series from rising star creators Dennis Hopeless (X-Men: Season One) and Salvador Larroca (Invincible Iron Man). As part of Marvel NOW!, Cable And X-Force joins a number of titles that will take the Marvel Universe in an exciting all-new direction, as the industry’s top creators join the top Super Heroes to deliver all-new ongoing series, great for new and lapsed readers alike!

Cable is back NOW! He has a new X-Force consisting of Colossus, Forge, Domino and Dr. Nemesis and they are all caught red-handed at the scene of a terrorist attack on a major American corporation whose CEO has expressed anti-mutant views. Now Cable and X-Force are on the run, with the Uncanny Avengers in hot pursuit.

“The X-Force that Cable’s leading is a group of outlaws trying to save the world,” explained Dennis Hopeless in an interview with Marvel.com. “They’re fugitives being chased across the globe and doing what good they can while always looking back over their shoulders. There’s not much room for error on this team.”

Marvel NOW! is the culmination of Marvel ReEvolution, the groundbreaking new initiative to evolve the comic book experience through innovation. With Cable And X-Force, Marvel NOW!ensures fans will find out just what it takes to be a hero when everyone thinks you’re the villain!
    “We knew the return of Cable had to be big and this is going to be one of the most explosiveMarvel NOW! launches, " said Axel Alonso, Editor in Chief, Marvel Entertainment. “Dennis and Salvador are bringing a new look and feel to the X-Force, with a story that hearkens back to the core themes that made them such a phenomenon while moving them forward in an exciting way.”

Each issue of Cable And X-Force includes a code for a free digital copy on the Marvel Comics app for iOS and Android devices. Additionally, each issue of Cable And X-Force features special augmented reality content available exclusive through the Marvel AR app – including cover recaps, behind the scenes features and more that add value to your reading experience at no additional cost.

“Not only does every book with the Marvel NOW! logo feature a new superstar creative team and blockbuster story, but they also come with all-new incentives for our retailer partners,” explained David Gabriel, Senior Vice-President of Sales, Marvel Entertainment.. “We want to make sure every comic shop nationwide is fully stocked to meet the high demand we’re already seeing forMarvel NOW! And want to make sure their voices are heard throughout this exciting time. Stay tuned for more news on how Marvel will be working directly with retailers to make sure our programs address their needs.”
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    The only remaining P5 member unaccounted for is Namor.

I think Black Panther would like to have a few choice words with him over Namor tearing up Wakanda.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    The only remaining P5 member unaccounted for is Namor.

I think Black Panther would like to have a few choice words with him over Namor tearing up Wakanda.

It'd be dope if Tchalla whooped his ass in the series that comes out after AvX. I REALLY hope they reboot panther with Marvel NOW! so many titles have been announced but not him. He hasnt had a comic in a minute.

• louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    uncannyavengers1_preview1_02.jpg

I SURE hope that this ain't my boy, Man. If it is, I swear that I'll never buy another X-book again:

ok cool, i hope thats not scott, SMDH @ this cant be life

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thor,Hulk,Ms Marvel,Vision>>>>>>>>>>X-Men