Xmen Vs Avengers

Options

Comments

• DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Emma Frost whipped Thor's ass. He shattered her diamond form & sent the pieces into orbit. But when they came back down to Earth and when she reformed, she beat the bejesus outta him.

That's ass kicking #2 or #3 for Thor in this series so far. But that ? pales in comparison to the whipping four of the Phoenix Five laid on Gladiator from the Shi'Ar. Sent that ? to the emergency room.

I made the War World Hulk analogy cuz in one of the tie in issues, the Marvel Illuminati are supposed to appear. Remember, these are the same ? who set in motion the War World Hulk series.

Namor is about the bring the Atlanteans into war (against Cyclops' orders) with the Avengers in the AvX issue that drops tomorrow.

I think Cyclops is about to go upside Namor's head pretty soon. ? acting out against Cyclops just like Wolverine used to. Plus, Namor might be about to smash Emma Frost; Cyclops won't he too happy to hear about that.
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    Plus, I remember Thor tried to hit Cyclops with Mjolnir in one of the recent issues. Scott was like: "? , u seriously threatening me with the weather???" and stopped Thor from hitting him with his hammer.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^That was issue #6. But Cy was possesed by the phoenix force so Thor wasn't really a threat.
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    do the Illuminati still have the gems?
  • Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yep, but if continuity isn't ignored, the gems should no longer work in unison.
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    Down to the Phoenix Four now. And it appears that Professor X is about to feel Cyclops' ? hand in the next AvX issue.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is #8 out or are yall talking about the tie ins?

Im no even reading the tie ins lol
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    Main book. Namor lost his portion of the Phoenix Force, but it went into and strengthened the other four.

Prof. X tried to berate Cyclop, who basically told him to get down or lay down. Probably will lead to the Illuminati's appearance in one of the tie-in issues.

I read in one of the threads on www.comicbookresources.com that there's supposed to be an AvX: Consequences #1-5 right after his. Talk about stretching ? out way too long...

Also, I saw an upcoming cover to one of the AvX books (not sure if it was a tie-in or core book) where Cyclops and Emma Frost going at it I'm their Phoenix Force forms.

All this AvX ? doesn't really matter due to the Marvel Now shot that's about to happen.
  • Grahf
    Grahf Members Posts: 344 ✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Sinister and his Madelyne Pryor clones just took down the rest of the P5, rather easily too. But then again Sinister was amped by the Dreaming Celestial Tiamut. Then again Tiamut always made the other Celestials shook. Ugh. Bendis and co. cant write epics worth ? . This ? has characterizations all wrong and lacks a sense of scope or awe when reading about such uber powerful characters. It's like I'm reading a Daredevil comic with a cosmic aside.

Bring in a collab between Jim Starlin, DnA, and DeMatteis now.
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its sad, how they ripped namor like that, but i knew he was gonna ? up, just on his attitude only, i bet it has to do with that gem he holding......
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    Word in some threads on other sites is that Emma might be revealed to have been corrupted by the Phoenix Force ala Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix. That might explain why there's been talk about Cyclops and Emma squaring off against each other down the road.

Mr. Summers can't seem to catch a break when it comes to women. Them ? either end up dead or bat ? crazy
  • DrMindbender122
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Ok, between Emma and Cyclops, my guess is that one of these ? are dying or getting seriously ? the ? up.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8yCczjF3oPhuQx-nUWXXCpoyqhQTPYMfuZCT1arUDz3oT69FH

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYfErEMb2YakqQM_tzR-NnBCFlZa2VM0GIBVp7JW8SCAgiKmOw

uncanny-xmen-18-cover.jpg

I'll even give this ? some attention for a minute...

Marvel-NOW_Promo-Art_EW_JQ.jpg
    [/img]
    Ok, between Emma and Cyclops, my guess is that one of these ? are dying or getting seriously ? the ? up.

Marvel-NOW_Promo-Art_EW_JQ.jpg[spoiler/]
    1341518703.jpg[spoiler/]

• DrMindbender122
    Options
    [/img]

Marvel-NOW_Promo-Art_EW_JQ.jpg[spoiler/]

Marvel-NOW_Promo-Art_EW_JQ.jpg

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @drmindbender22 who is that in the avengers picture a over nick fury and to the left of irommam?
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @drmindbender22 also is that ant-man next to wolverine (the left)
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    That's Cyclops' new uniform when Marvel moves forward and debuts their Marvel Now line.

Horrible look for Cyke, ain't it?
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    Also, did any of yall notice the younger, 1960s version of Jean Grey in that pic?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ I was trying to figure out who that was lol. now is marvel NOW gonna be a complete reboot? like whatever happened before doesnt matter now? or is this gonna be a change after AvX? like AvX is the reason they get together like this. Cuz thats iron mans new suit in the comics aint it?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
  • I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    ^ I was trying to figure out who that was lol. now is marvel NOW gonna be a complete reboot? like whatever happened before doesnt matter now? or is this gonna be a change after AvX? like AvX is the reason they get together like this. Cuz thats iron mans new suit in the comics aint it?

they say it is not a complete reboot, but so did DC. I'm gonna look at it like it's AOA or Heroes Reborn.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Wanda killed Namor?
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    Nah. They just knocked each other out. I dunno what happened that made Namor lose his Phoenix powers, though.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @mindbender122 damn if that's Cyclops yeah that's not the move! Who the ? is that above nick fury though?
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    Above the White Nick Fury is Thor with Mjolnir and his twin katana swords. Above the Black Nick Fury is Nova.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now that pic is that a new team? or is that just all the characters in the Marvel NOW?