Xmen Vs Avengers

Options

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yup just copped today, i dropped like 70 bucks on comics today lol, havent got to it yet.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kinda was digging that Rogue/Ms. Marvel confrontation that dropped Wednesday. Rachel Summers vs Thor was kinda good, but neither was on the "Versus" book level of fights.

I gotta say that the way Marvel is laying out this story, I can't see a happily ever after ending for the Phoenix Five. Wouldn't be surprised if one of them died in the end.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kinda was digging that Rogue/Ms. Marvel confrontation that dropped Wednesday. Rachel Summers vs Thor was kinda good, but neither was on the "Versus" book level of fights.

I gotta say that the way Marvel is laying out this story, I can't see a happily ever after ending for the Phoenix Five. Wouldn't be surprised if one of them died in the end.

that didnt happen in my #6 it was all Scott talking to Jean

looks like Cyclops goes against the Phoenix 5 in the next issue
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So yall gonna act like Black Panther didn't ether Tony Starks?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
  • Grahf
    Grahf Members Posts: 344 ✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    yeah, issue 7 better than last issue imo
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Grahf wrote: »
    Sorry but Bendis cannot write epic story lines well. Anything with galactic/univeral scale stories featuring uber powerful beings should be kept out of Bendis' hands. Would love to imagine if Jim Starlin wrote this. Or DnA
    agreed. Starlin would somehow squeeze Thanos into the mix..this event has been awful so far, but there's been a few gems

• I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options
    awful? awful how?
  • jaxn
    Options
    the writing has been poor and the Xmen/Avengers are being portrayed out of charater..then there's this trend that Marvel has lately of giving everyone in an event similar powers..considering this is the Avengers vs. Xmen, it could be much better, but the last few issues have been better than the beginning stages.
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    Emma ? Thor's ass up in the latest Versus book. I thought for sure the Odin Son would beat her ass down.
  • jaxn
    Options
    nah, there's no way he can defeat a Phoenix powered being without some PIS/CIS..Unfortunately, Thor has been the Phoenix punching bag in this event so far...maybe he's taking all of these beatings to later redeem himself in the end.
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    Cot Dayum @ what happened to Gladiator in the latest issue of Wolverine and the X-Men. I don't think I've ever seen ? get his ass best down like that.
  • Grahf
    Grahf Members Posts: 344 ✭✭
    Options
    Cot Dayum @ what happened to Gladiator in the latest issue of Wolverine and the X-Men. I don't think I've ever seen ? get his ass best down like that.

Like Glads owed them money lol. It was brutal.

• louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smdh @ Phoenix 5 is wasting there time on earth, when they can take their talents to the stars...damed u marvel
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    Ayo, anyone know which issue has Scott recreating and talking to Jean Grey's ghost or whatever? I looked though all of my issues and I must've missed that one
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    Oh, and Scott needs to check or ? off Namor. Dude has always been after Emma Frost and in the most recent AvX or one of the tie in issues, they were kissing.

Namor = the updated Wolverine in as far as being that ? lying in wait, trying to smash his girl?
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Ayo, anyone know which issue has Scott recreating and talking to Jean Grey's ghost or whatever? I looked though all of my issues and I must've missed that one
    its call AvX #6 infinite
    20120625-204542.jpg
    Oh, and Scott needs to check or ? off Namor. Dude has always been after Emma Frost and in the most recent AvX or one of the tie in issues, they were kissing.
    Namor = the updated Wolverine in as far as being that ? lying in wait, trying to smash his girl?
    i think that might be the reason they fall out, since they all can all read mines

• DrMindbender122
    Options
    My AvX looks totally different from that one. I'm on my phone now, but I'll see if I can up a pic of the covers that I have.
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    My AvX looks totally different from that one. I'm on my phone now, but I'll see if I can up a pic of the covers that I have.
  • I Am Him
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    the writing has been poor and the Xmen/Avengers are being portrayed out of charater..then there's this trend that Marvel has lately of giving everyone in an event similar powers..considering this is the Avengers vs. Xmen, it could be much better, but the last few issues have been better than the beginning stages.

i can really only name two people who have had out of character moments, captain america and cyclops, and one i would say has been influenced by the phoenix.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    lol Namor bout to smash Emma

I think Cyclops goes against the rest of the PHoenix Five
  • DrMindbender122
    Options
    The Marvel Illuminati are supposed to come together in one of these next issues; not sure if it's the main AvX book or one of the tie-in books.

It's about to be some X-Men style War World Hulk ? going down. Seeing how Thor and Gladiator got stomped out, things should get pretty interesting.
  • jaxn
    Options
    I Am Him wrote: »

i can really only name two people who have had out of character moments, captain america and cyclops, and one i would say has been influenced by the phoenix.

Cyclops was acting nuts before Phoenix even arrived. You can also add Wolverine, along with the entire Xmen lineup to this..even Cytorrak was talking nuts
  • I Am Him
    Options
    I Am Him wrote: »

Cyclops was acting nuts before Phoenix even arrived. You can also add Wolverine, along with the entire Xmen lineup to this..even Cytorrak was talking nuts

Maybe I am missing something, I can easily see how the X-Men are acting the way they are. I think Cyclops folded under the pressure and went a lil crazy like you said, so that's not really out of character, it's just him not being all there.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @drmindbender122 explain whatchu mean by "x-men world war hulk type ? " who beat Thor? I need to cop!