Xmen Vs Avengers

Options

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah i was gonna pick up whatever the most recent issues of Ironman and Uncanny X Force were. i got all the other avengers new comics (hulk thor and cap)
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that new IM armor is nice
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't have a problem with Thing at all, but Luke giving him a fight in the ocean is weird.

SMDH @ marvel letting namor having issue with cage UNDERWATER......
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know. I'm trying to find issues #518-519 to see wtf is going on. I'd seen somewhere that he's supposed to give up being Iron Man (again). I know he can control different unmanned suits with his brain now. Also, his most recent red/gold armor was imbedded in his bones now; so, it's on-call and comes out kinda sorta like Wolverine's admantium claws.

I haven't really read Iron Man faithfully since he 1st donned the Silver Centurion armor. I just check it out here and there sometimes.

man I hated that entire concept when they 1st introduced it a few years back

takes away a lot from the character IMO

they basically made him a cyborg

when the entire appeal to Iron Man was the fact he did not have any powers and relied on the suit
    to fight and survive

• Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    louis rich wrote: »
    Didn't have a problem with Thing at all, but Luke giving him a fight in the ocean is weird.

SMDH @ marvel letting namor having issue with cage UNDERWATER......

I know right....

Like how long can Cage hold his breath?
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    For those who were wondering, THIS is supposed to be the new Iron Man armor:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQ5R2CEBxuZVOE4G9SWrj0ADBW__RTREarE-10ZvJGRO6MRE0vBA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDilftPiw0UyRUhvfaSXFpbgV9Sb9KCcYzVbBkvVtzH3uEF6GhjA

looks abit like shriek from batman beyond
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo, Man. I'm calling ? ok this AvX ? . They let Iron Man & Thing beat Magneto and Namor (in the damn water) respectively.

Collossus doesnt deserve to be Cyttorak's avatar.
  • louis rich
    Options
    Yo, Man. I'm calling ? ok this AvX ? . They let Iron Man & Thing beat Magneto and Namor (in the damn water) respectively.

he always been a ? anyway, nothing new, im surprise hulk didnt body him
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone buy Uncanny X-​Men #11? Is it Colossus as Cyttorak's avatar vs Red Hulk or is it Colossus on his own?
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo yo ya nigganeed to put me on when colosseus become juggernaut.What saga is that from im lost put me on it baby.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Word i had no idea colossus was the juggernaut now. dudes cool tho, i wanna see him fight hulk tho.
  • I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options

I could see Iron Man being ready for Magneto, it's not like he didn't know Mags was on the team. It would make since for Tony to whip something up to protect himself from a guy who take his weapon away with the wave of his hand
  • jaxn
    Options
    lion_heart wrote: »
    Anyone buy Uncanny X-​Men #11? Is it Colossus as Cyttorak's avatar vs Red Hulk or is it Colossus on his own?
    He's Cyttorak's avatar now so it was Col with Cyt, although it didn't really come into play as it shoud've

• jaxn
    Options
    yo yo ya nigganeed to put me on when colosseus become juggernaut.What saga is that from im lost put me on it baby.

It happened during the Serpent/ Fear Itself storyline, when Odin's brother, the true skyfather of Asgard came back for his title.
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    can any of ya post more pics of this

good looks ya
  • lion_heart
    lion_heart Members Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    lion_heart wrote: »
    He's Cyttorak's avatar now so it was Col with Cyt, although it didn't really come into play as it shoud've

Cool thanks I'll have to pick it up then
  • louis rich
    Options
    good looks ya
    dope covers
    uncannyxmen_11_cover1.jpg?w=394
    tumblr_m1nhy2irmV1qhpx4lo1_500.jpg

• yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thing beat Namor (for now) I could see Ironman beating Magneto. He was prepared for him and he stopped Emma Frost physic powers too, and he cracked the X-Men's security system. Ironman been that guy and always will be.
  • I Am Him
    I Am Him Members Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I never liked any of the Avengers until Bendis got control.
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    louis rich wrote: »
    good looks ya
    dope covers
    uncannyxmen_11_cover1.jpg?w=394
    tumblr_m1nhy2irmV1qhpx4lo1_500.jpg

good looks
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didnt #3 drop today?
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    True. I gotta wait till friday to cop!
  • Grahf
    Grahf Members Posts: 344 ✭✭
    Options
    Spoilers from cbr for those too lazy to buy or can't wait
    Another week, another AVX issue. Spoilers ahoy, so stop reading if you do not want to be spoiled.

The issue starts off with the Wolverine healing from his roasting at the hands of the Phoenix. Spider-man hands his clothes to him and Wolvie runs back to join the others.

Captain America and Iron Man are arguing over the ethics of invading Utopia and what to do with the surrendered mutants (Cyclops and the X-men have simply stopped fighting, probably because of Cyclops' plan B). Iron Man notes that Captain America can't lock up all the mutants but Captain America is being really irrational and is talking about saving the world.

Iron man notes (somewhat ominously) that Captain America is sounding like him during the Civil War and how his actions aren't really like Cap at all.

Dr Strange re-appears with Magick in his arms but Wolverine runs out (like a mad man) and tries to attack the Doc. Surprise,surprise..Magick has used her powers to generate an unconscious illusion of herself in the Doc's arms but it was actually the other way around. Doc was knocked the ? out! Magick teleports Cyclops and the mutants away to Long beach. Magneto ask Scott what the plan is but he simply tells Magneto that he's "making it up as they go along". Namor mentions that they need Cerebrus to track Hope (Danger corrects him that its Cerebra) and Scott tells them that he already has a sympathizer inside the Jean Grey school

Switch to Hope on the streets of San Francisco. She is trying to get some gizmo on her arm to work (i have no idea what it is), she looks into a mirror and sees the reflection of the Phoenix. She freaks out and runs away.

At the Avengers tower, the Avengers are trying to track down Hope. Rachel Summers says they've discovered Phoenix signals in five different locations BUT (surprise, surprise) Rachel IS ACTUALLY DOUBLING FOR CYCLOPS TOO! She's the sympathzier Scott was talking about.She notifies Scott telepathically and tells him that the Avengers are on Hope's trail too.

The Avengers split up to the different locations where the PF was noticed and Captain America calls Wolverine into his jet. Cap confronts Wolverine about trying to ? Hope and then attacks him. He tells Wolverine he's off the team (i guess we won't be seeing too many Logan appearances in the Avengers after this issue). A major brawl erupts on the jet but (surprise again), Captain America and Wolverine are pretty even until Giant man slams his arms into Wolverine's back (like i said in earlier reviews, Captain America always has a plan). Captain America smacks him out with his shield and Sharon Carter throws him off the plane. Captain America asks his team to get to the savage land.

Wolverine wakes up in some snowy landscape cursing Cap and says "he's gonna do it all on his own".

Interesting issue to say the least, Cyclops is showing more tactical acumen than Captain America. Captain America is teetering towards irrationality here. His treatment of Wolverine was completely uncalled for.

Ed Brukaber injects some sanity in the issue and (despite the popular opinion here) i am still a fan of JrJr

Story- 4/5
    Art- 4/5
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dammit. I meant to cop #3 today on my lunchbreak, but I completely forgot.

At least Marvel is putting these core and tie-in issues out every 2 weeks or so. Not like we have to wait around forever to get the next book to come out.