Xmen Vs Avengers

Options

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IDK how they are going to deal with Thor, seems like Thor is part of the Secret Avengers thats out in space trying to stop the Phoenix from reaching earth though
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need to pick up some avengers comics. i just got the new avengers assemble. some sort of reboot i beleive. not sure if it takes place after the movie or if its tied in with the movie. Whats a good Xmen Comic and avengers comic i should peep?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thor is a ? ?

He's the son of the greatest warrior of all-time Odin

I said it before Thor and hulk will wreck ? so bad in the.beginning that the xmen would be all ? up.
  • Bloo Q
    Bloo Q Members Posts: 377
    Options
    Thor and Hulk > every xmen

Colossus as the Avatar of Cyttorak disagrees with you.

Cain Marko went toe to toe with Thor when he was Juggernaut and pretty much won. Thor's hammer did absolutely nothing to Cain, Thor's lightning didn't faze him, and his most powerful blows only made Cain "pause" briefly before he nearly killed Thor. Even with his protective field stripped away, Juggernaut was a match for Thor. One would imagine that Colossus being enhanced with the ruby would be even stronger than Cain Marko when you consider that Colossus was already Class 90 strength without the ruby and Cain Marko was a simple human before he found the jewel but was at Class 100/Class X as Juggernaut.

Right now, Colossus as Juggernaut should be able to ? Thor without much resistance. He's definitely Class X, so it's pretty much up to the writers to figure out just how Thor dies in that fight.

Against the Hulk, however, it's not so clear. The Cain Marko Juggernaut could actually hold his own against an enraged Hulk thanks to his impervious nature: No matter how hard Hulk hits him, he cannot damage him. The two don't need sleep or food, so theoretically the fight could go in indefinitely. An enraged Hulk vs a continuously powered up Juggernaut is a fight that might never end.

But they HAVE fought, and each has won against the other.

This may change now that an already powerful Colossus is being enhanced as Juggernaut. I've always held Hulk at the top of the strength list with Juggernaut at an extremely close #2. With Colossus as Juggernaut, it could possibly be a tie.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? isn't stronger than Thor though. His durability is his biggest strength..
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    ? /Colossus is stronger than everyone lol, he literally IS strength

• yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Colossus is not going to be Avatar of Cyttorak in this story arch. Looks like the first major battle will be in the water, Namor is going to wreck The Thing and should be able to wreck a lot of Avengers. He has fought Iron Man to a stand-still on dry land before. Cyclops kind of weak for Namor and Iron Man dicking down Emma Stone while he was with her and still wifing her tho. Outside of that Cyclops too g for this ? , but so is Cap.
  • Bloo Q
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »

Technically, Juggernaut has ALWAYS been stronger than Thor. The only being in the Marvel Universe ever able to go heads up, blow for blow with him has always been Hulk. Marvel's writers and editors have acknowledged this on several occasions over the years. During the "Eighth Day" arc in The Mighty Thor, Juggernaut snatches up Thor in a bearhug that Thor can't break free from. If he was stronger than Cain, he could have freed himself. Instead, Thor felt like he was going to blackout from being crushed.

136717-419774_1177486292_37mj8wnouv_1__super_super.jpg

• Doctopian
    Doctopian Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Bloo Q wrote: »

Technically, Juggernaut has ALWAYS been stronger than Thor. The only being in the Marvel Universe ever able to go heads up, blow for blow with him has always been Hulk. Marvel's writers and editors have acknowledged this on several occasions over the years. During the "Eighth Day" arc in The Mighty Thor, Juggernaut snatches up Thor in a bearhug that Thor can't break free from. If he was stronger than Cain, he could have freed himself. Instead, Thor felt like he was going to blackout from being crushed.

To be fair, Juggernaut was more powerful than usual during the Eighth Day Arc. Historically, they've been portrayed as roughly peers in strength, with Juggernaut having the edge in physical confrontations due to far greater durability. When Thor removed Juggernaut's shield, he commenced to beating his ass, but couldn't finish the job in 60 seconds.

• Doctopian
    edited April 2012
    Options

Cain Marko went toe to toe with Thor when he was Juggernaut and pretty much won. Thor's hammer did absolutely nothing to Cain, Thor's lightning didn't faze him, and his most powerful blows only made Cain "pause" briefly before he nearly killed Thor. Even with his protective field stripped away, Juggernaut was a match for Thor. One would imagine that Colossus being enhanced with the ruby would be even stronger than Cain Marko when you consider that Colossus was already Class 90 strength without the ruby and Cain Marko was a simple human before he found the jewel but was at Class 100/Class X as Juggernaut.

Right now, Colossus as Juggernaut should be able to ? Thor without much resistance. He's definitely Class X, so it's pretty much up to the writers to figure out just how Thor dies in that fight.

Against the Hulk, however, it's not so clear. The Cain Marko Juggernaut could actually hold his own against an enraged Hulk thanks to his impervious nature: No matter how hard Hulk hits him, he cannot damage him. The two don't need sleep or food, so theoretically the fight could go in indefinitely. An enraged Hulk vs a continuously powered up Juggernaut is a fight that might never end.

This may change now that an already powerful Colossus is being enhanced as Juggernaut. I've always held Hulk at the top of the strength list with Juggernaut at an extremely close #2. With Colossus as Juggernaut, it could possibly be a tie.

What you say is true in theory, but I doubt that will be how things play out. Sure, having the abilities of the Juggernaut gives Colossus a significant power up, but I doubt that his strength will be literally added with that of Juggernauts. From what I've got out of the interviews, he'll beat Ross and lose to Banner.
  • Bloo Q
    Options
    Doctopian wrote: »

What you say is true in theory, but I doubt that will be how things play out. Sure, having the abilities of the Juggernaut gives Colossus a significant power up, but I doubt that his strength will be literally added with that of Juggernauts. From what I've got out of the interviews, he'll beat Ross and lose to Banner.

Hero-Envy-Hulk-Juggernaut-424a.JPG

Letter from the editors of The Hulk from '94, where it's stated that Juggernaut is more powerful thanks to the power he gets from Cyttorak.

• Doctopian
    Options

Letter from the editors of The Hulk from '94, where it's stated that Juggernaut is more powerful thanks to the power he gets from Cyttorak.

I've seen it before, but there are two issues: First, that is the opinion of the staff who worked at Marvel nearly twenty years ago. Secondly, the books themselves don't clearly convey that sentiment. Sure, Juggernaut managed to knock the Hulk out during this time period, but he had to resort to using a disguise and a surprise attack to do it. Also, Cyttorak and Juggernaut's relationship has changed a bit since that book was published. Namely, the power Cyttorak doesn't supply Juggernaut with limitless power, just however much he wants him to have at any given time. The amount of power Juggernaut gets usually correlates with the amount of destruction he causes. It has been shown that when Cain tried the go the hero route, Cyttorak punished him by limiting the amount of power that he had (he mad him weaker and less durable).

• Doctopian
    Options
    Cain Marko wrote: »
    When Cain is at strongest he is the strongest being ever created. When he juggernaut prime he punched a whole into a time space continuum even defeating the Cyttorax ? . Marvel will not let any being be stronger than Hulk especially since he is the franchise character as of late.

I don't know if I would go quite that far, but he is leagues stronger than almost any Hulk who has seen print (the version of Hulk that vaporized top tier characters as a side effect of his fight with Red She Hulk might be an exception).
  • jaxn
    Options

Marvel's editorial has never acknowledged Juggernaut as being stronger than Thor..during the Eighth Day Juggernaut arc, Cain had a powerup. While he is a CL 100 character, Cain's deal is his durability and his unstoppability..once he gets going you can't push him back or stop him..that's why it was a big deal when War Hulk stopped Cain's movements. He's not stronger than Thor under normal portrayals though
  • jaxn
    Options

To be fair, Juggernaut was more powerful than usual during the Eighth Day Arc. Historically, they've been portrayed as roughly peers in strength, with Juggernaut having the edge in physical confrontations due to far greater durability. When Thor removed Juggernaut's shield, he commenced to beating his ass, but couldn't finish the job in 60 seconds.

exactly
  • jaxn
    Options

I've seen it before, but there are two issues: First, that is the opinion of the staff who worked at Marvel nearly twenty years ago. Secondly, the books themselves don't clearly convey that sentiment. Sure, Juggernaut managed to knock the Hulk out during this time period, but he had to resort to using a disguise and a surprise attack to do it. Also, Cyttorak and Juggernaut's relationship has changed a bit since that book was published. Namely, the power Cyttorak doesn't supply Juggernaut with limitless power, just however much he wants him to have at any given time. The amount of power Juggernaut gets usually correlates with the amount of destruction he causes. It has been shown that when Cain tried the go the hero route, Cyttorak punished him by limiting the amount of power that he had (he mad him weaker and less durable).
    Agreed..

• Bloo Q
    edited April 2012
    Options

All this is true, but the focus now should be Colossus as Juggernaut. I explained all of that to show that Cain and Hulk have been at a near stalemate for decades, with the edge going to Hulk. Knowing this, I would expect an enhanced Colossus to be able to beat Thor to a pulp, and at the very least hold his ground indefinitely against Hulk if not beat him at least once. Colossus now has access to the same unlimited power that Cain did so while it won't necessarily be an easy victory he could, in theory, still win against Hulk.
  • Doctopian
    Options

All this is true, but the focus now should be Colossus as Juggernaut. I explained all of that to show that Cain and Hulk have been at a near stalemate for decades, with the edge going to Hulk. Knowing this, I would expect an enhanced Colossus to be able to beat Thor to a pulp, and at the very least hold his ground indefinitely against Hulk if not beat him at least once. Colossus now has access to the same unlimited power that Cain did so while it won't necessarily be an easy victory he could, in theory, still win against Hulk.

True, but I imagine Colossus' character will play a role in how powerful he can become. Piotr is far more moral than Cain ever was.
  • jaxn
    Options
    Hopefully all the fights will be good
  • Bloo Q
    Options

True, but I imagine Colossus' character will play a role in how powerful he can become. Piotr is far more moral than Cain ever was.

yes he is, however when enraged he's known to ? . It would need to be that Colossus that would have the best chance of beating Hulk.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Colossus is not going to be Avatar of Cyttorak in this story arch. Looks like the first major battle will be in the water, Namor is going to wreck The Thing and should be able to wreck a lot of Avengers. He has fought Iron Man to a stand-still on dry land before. Cyclops kind of weak for Namor and Iron Man dicking down Emma Stone while he was with her and still wifing her tho. Outside of that Cyclops too g for this ? , but so is Cap.

No Colossus is Juggernaut in this story arch they already showed him in the preview issue
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options
    LMAO @ people doubting king namor and scott the ability.....SMDH
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No Colossus is Juggernaut in this story arch they already showed him in the preview issue

That could really change things.
  • jaxn
    Options
    yeah unless Cytorrak has a change of heart during the storyline, Piotr will be his avatar
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Cyttorak has been portrayed as evil most of the time, none of the other elder Gods/Old Ones want it with him

I guess it depends on how you look at it if Collossus is fighting for a evil cause, hes trying to help bring Phoenix to earth