Why do/don't you believe in ? ?

Options

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    lol ? , I'll do better than that; I'll give you three atheists during the time frame we're talking about who benefitted black people:

1. Huey Newton
    2. Philip Randolph
    3. Hubert Harrison

Now you name 3 black Hebrew isrealites who did anything for blacks at that time
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    Options
    The govt was targeting any black organization that attempted to unite blacks and challenge the system. I don't recall any specific target against the Hebrew Israelite religion at all. But I do recall the govt passing out Bibles for free after the earthquake in Hati. I also recall the govt supporting churches all over America and other parts of the world that preach the Bible. So you say they are against the Bible but yet they still publish and distribute this book all over the world making the Bible the lead selling book in the world.
  • Bodhi
    edited July 2012
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    a hebraic term- messiah- was used

You say the Bible comes from Hebrews. King was a minister who preached from the Bible. Most likely, that's the reason Messiah was used. It probably referred to King. But again, he was a Christian as Christian is defined
    the panthers were the biggest threat AFTER everybody else got killed

Out of 3 targets ( Muhammad, King, and Carmichael), King was the only man assassinated before the Panthers became targets as well.
    A LOT of them muthafuckas JOINED US ?

Carmichael joined the Panthers
  • Bodhi
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Basically, Judah, my point was that Hoover wasn't after Black Hebrew Isrealites. He was attempting to prevent the rise of the Black Messiah (Martin Luther King and or to a lesser extent Elijah Muhammad) Black Nationalists (N.o.I. i.e. Malcolm X) and Communists. That's backed up by the fact that he considered the Panthers to be the biggest threat, especially since Newton had ties with foreign Communist leader Mao. Makes since doesn't it? Of course it does. If you can prove otherwise, please feel free to do so.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I never said the Black panthers were the sole target. I said that Hoover was fighting against the Black Panther Party and he was. The exerpt you just posted says exactly that.

The Black Panther Party (BPP) was not among the original "Black Nationalist" targets. In September 1968, however, FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover described the Panthers as:

"the greatest threat to the internal security of the country.

The point was that Hoover was against black nationalists, not black hebrew isrealites or Abrahamic religions like you think. The Black Panther Party was the greatest threat to that ? and Newton was an atheist, not a black hebrew isrealite.

that's because you of not of spirit naming or to put a label on somebody is of man and of european thought. By blood, spirit and of birthright they are all israelites and have the dna of adam.

MLK did his job and told us, and the blacks in the crowd YHWH showed him that WE AS A PEOPLE will get to the Promise land as we will get there. YAH showed him our land and us returning that's why he was so at peace even though as man he wanted to break down and cry because he know his time on earth was up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc4ydmpHB8M
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Then Yah was also in Randolph, who stood beside King; Randolph was an atheist. Did Yah show Randolph that atheism was the way to go?
  • Bodhi
    Options
    You are labeling by stating I'm not of spirit and calling others Isrealites.
  • waterproof
    Options
    Then Yah was also in Randolph, who stood beside King; Randolph was an atheist. Did Yah show Randolph that atheism was the way to go?
    Man have free will, and we are talking about Mlk not Randolph
  • waterproof
    edited July 2012
    Options
    You are labeling by stating I'm not of spirit and calling others Isrealites.
    Ohh that's how the game is played im i correct, im just talking in ur language
  • Bodhi
    edited July 2012
    Options
    We relate to the world around us by labeling. It is your language as well, friend.

When you recognize the color yellow as yellow and seperate from green, is that not a label?
    When you recognize yourself as a man, is that not a label?
    When you recognize food as food and understand what is edible or healthy, are you not labeling?
  • Bodhi
    edited July 2012
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

Both did good works for the same cause. You can't pin your ? on one man and not the other. To say that Yah was in King is fine by me, but if we're using the same standards to decide whether or not Yah works through a particular man, we'd have to say that Yah was working through Randolph as well. But then we hit a road block because Randolph was an atheist, so your argument falls apart there. Randolph helped give King the ground for his I Have A Dream Speech..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._Philip_Randolph
    In 1963, Randolph was the head of the March on Washington, which was organized by Bayard Rustin, at which Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his I Have A Dream speech. Randolph inspired the Freedom budget, sometimes called the "Randolph Freedom budget", which aimed to deal with the economic problems facing the Black community, particularly workers and the unemployed.

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great drop @Jaded Righteousness. A. Phillip Randolf is barely mentioned and if you listen to others, King was the only and most instrumental part in the movement when there were many that played a part. He was the most Vocal and Kings attribution was necessary but he wasn't alone and Christians weren't the only ones fighting.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/story/2012-02-22/black-atheists-civil-rights/53211196/1
    few people think of A. Philip Randolph, a labor organizer who originated the idea of the march and was at King's side as he made his famous I Have a Dream speech.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    bambu wrote: »
    Poor ? .. This ? is so hurt, he just follows me around from thread to thread and cosigns whatever is said against me without even knowing or maybe caring whether what is said is right or wrong.

@Jaded Righteousness....

Indeed, you both basically said the same thing.

However, your version was mad Euro-centric and quasi homosexual......

LOLz.....
  • waterproof
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Great drop @Jaded Righteousness. A. Phillip Randolf is barely mentioned and if you listen to others, King was the only and most instrumental part in the movement when there were many that played a part. He was the most Vocal and Kings attribution was necessary but he wasn't alone and Christians weren't the only ones fighting.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/story/2012-02-22/black-atheists-civil-rights/53211196/1
    few people think of A. Philip Randolph, a labor organizer who originated the idea of the march and was at King's side as he made his famous I Have a Dream speech.

man please any person who studies the civil rights movement would of known about A. Phillip Randolf this ? aint some new shocking earth shattering information yall ? me, everytime some person who is known to those who study but not known to the mainstream you have people fall over that ? .

yall was the same people that was giving Glen Beck props when a few years ago he did an episode on Black founding fathers of america and yall was cheering and giving props and ? but if yall was on your studies you would of known that ? .
  • waterproof
    edited July 2012
    Options

Both did good works for the same cause. You can't pin your ? on one man and not the other. To say that Yah was in King is fine by me, but if we're using the same standards to decide whether or not Yah works through a particular man, we'd have to say that Yah was working through Randolph as well. But then we hit a road block because Randolph was an atheist, so your argument falls apart there. Randolph helped give King the ground for his I Have A Dream Speech..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._Philip_Randolph
    In 1963, Randolph was the head of the March on Washington, which was organized by Bayard Rustin, at which Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his I Have A Dream speech. Randolph inspired the Freedom budget, sometimes called the "Randolph Freedom budget", which aimed to deal with the economic problems facing the Black community, particularly workers and the unemployed.

? stay on topic we was talking about MLK and his misson, ? you aint teaching me nonthing about Randolph i can name Charles Hamilton Houston, Fannie Lou Hammer, Dorthy Height and keep on going down the line. Now you and Judah Xulu was talking about MLK and i added so stick to the script and stop pussyfooting.

? name a name that most people don't know and think he on some ? , wack ass ?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never understood this stupid ass saying. I believe in ? but not religion.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »

man please any person who studies the civil rights movement would of known about A. Phillip Randolf this ? aint some new shocking earth shattering information yall ? me, everytime some person who is known to those who study but not known to the mainstream you have people fall over that ? .

yall was the same people that was giving Glen Beck props when a few years ago he did an episode on Black founding fathers of america and yall was cheering and giving props and ? but if yall was on your studies you would of known that ? .

There is no one on earth that knows everything. I see no problem with cosigning relevant info even if i knew about it before and was reminded. What he provided is appropriate for the discussion at hand and i see nothing wrong with giving props for it.
  • Bodhi
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Tell that to Judah. I wouldnt have mentioned Randolph had he not asked me to name drop a few atheists. Maybe you should talk to him and help him with his studies since he's obviously not the most knowledgable. You don't have to stick your head in conversations that don't involve you if you don't want to. I didn't ask you to join in. Randolph was brought up before you came into the picture and if you can't understand why I'm using his name in this debate, you lack the comprehension skills you need so maybe you should exit now.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    I'm just trying to understand why you think Yah worked through King but not through Randolph when they both contributed to the same cause.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    If you can't answer that, theres no need for you and I to continue this convo
  • waterproof
    Options
    Tell that to Judah. I wouldnt have mentioned Randolph had he not asked me to name drop a few atheists. Maybe you should talk to him and help him with his studies since he's obviously not the most knowledgable. You don't have to stick your head in conversations that don't involve you if you don't want to. I didn't ask you to join in. Randolph was brought up before you came into the picture and if you can't understand why I'm using his name in this debate, you lack comprehension skills and maybe you should exit now.

what in the ? RANDOLPH and ATHEISTS got to do with my post, when i was answering about MLK and his mission and prophecy he had for us as a people, ? you can play that fool ? role all you want with the other cats but that ? aint going to fly with me.
  • waterproof
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'm just trying to understand why you think Yah worked through King but not through Randolph when they both contributed to the same cause.

Because YAH choosed MLK to see the Promise land for his people and he see us making that journey like it was told in the scripture and tell them that they will get there as a people as one like it was told in the scripture and his misson was done thats why, YHWH choose who he will to carry out a misson, you dont see Moses crying on why he couldn't enter the promise land after all he did and Yah told that to him in his face.
  • Bodhi
    edited July 2012
    Options

what in the ? RANDOLPH and ATHEISTS got to do with my post, when i was answering about MLK and his mission and prophecy he had for us as a people, ? you can play that fool ? role all you want with the other cats but that ? aint going to fly with me.

?

• Bodhi
    edited July 2012
    Options

Because YAH choosed MLK to see the Promise land for his people and he see us making that journey like it was told in the scripture and tell them that they will get there as a people as one like it was told in the scripture and his misson was done thats why, YHWH choose who he will to carry out a misson, you dont see Moses crying on why he couldn't enter the promise land after all he did and Yah told that to him in his face.

You can't really say Yah chose MLK to see the Promise land for his people as it was told in the scriptures. I mean, MLK was a minister preaching out of the scriptures. He based his philosophy on the scriptures. Of course that's what he's going to tie into his teaching. In other words, Yah didn't choose MLK, MLK chose Yah, or rather, MLK chose to be a Baptist and not a Hebrew Isrealite.

Randolph made steps in that same journey and he was an atheist. Yah didn't choose Randolph but he still made an impact. Atheists and Theists both played roles in the same movement.

• judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tell that to Judah. I wouldnt have mentioned Randolph had he not asked me to name drop a few atheists. Maybe you should talk to him and help him with his studies since he's obviously not the most knowledgable. You don't have to stick your head in conversations that don't involve you if you don't want to. I didn't ask you to join in. Randolph was brought up before you came into the picture and if you can't understand why I'm using his name in this debate, you lack the comprehension skills you need so maybe you should exit now.

? please.... the basis of what Mlk was on is biblical is the ? point. randolph may have provided tech support but nothing was led by him ? . you can play semantic games all you want but 2 things remain true: 1) atheism is so un-african 2) it comes straight from europeans and 3) randolph basically ? the march on washington up. it was originally the "poor peoples march" randolph along with rustin is what made it hollywood and totally not in tune with the original intent. they sold the whole thing out to be controlled by the jews and made into some universal ? when it was about black people.rustin was that eras champion of the ? agenda infiltrating the civil rights movement too btw. you only know budweiser poster black history lil ? . i live this ? . u tryna tell me something about mlk when WE are the people who gave new life to the SCLC. the dr. mlk center for non-violent conflict resolution is on OUR village. unia people come to US. why? because we doing what garvey talked of. when fred hampton jr was sitting in prison and them fake ass panthers left him to rot WE were the ones that kept his books tight and made sure they didnt ? ? him in prison. nat turner was trying to get to JERUSALEM not atheist land, ? . harriet tubman was the "moses of her people" not the ? "dawkins of her people". ? get off the white mans ? ....low self esteem having ? . if a white man looked in yo face and called you a monkey youd be ready to fight but its cool cause he tells you in a classroom using technical jargon. niggggaaa please