Why do/don't you believe in ? ?

Options

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    And another thing, nobody says anything about it and it's been bothering me ever since I started posting here. @Waterproof, is English your first language? Choosed and nevered are not actual words.
    waterproof wrote: »

Now boy tell us about your ? who name you not know, nevered seen and nevered heard

• maestro_lungs
    maestro_lungs Members Posts: 255
    Options
    The theory of evolution does not say we came from monkeys/apes/orangutans/or any primate around today. It proposes that humans, monkeys, apes and orangutans came from the same ANCESTOR. Think of it this way; say you are related to Cleopatra. So is the person next to you, and you two look nothing alike. It's like saying 'What? I didn't come from that person next to me!', but on a much grander scale.

As for the whole argument of 'well, why did we stop evolving?' well, we haven't. Snakes still have vestigial leg bones. Whales have hip bones. A certain species of moth has, over time, changed color to match its now polluted surroundings.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The theory of evolution does not say we came from monkeys/apes/orangutans/or any primate around today. It proposes that humans, monkeys, apes and orangutans came from the same ANCESTOR. Think of it this way; say you are related to Cleopatra. So is the person next to you, and you two look nothing alike. It's like saying 'What? I didn't come from that person next to me!', but on a much grander scale.

As for the whole argument of 'well, why did we stop evolving?' well, we haven't. Snakes still have vestigial leg bones. Whales have hip bones. A certain species of moth has, over time, changed color to match its now polluted surroundings.

Sounds familiar.....

380.c.92.36_frontis.jpg

6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-1624.jpg

• bambu
    edited July 2012
    Options

Another "sign of evolution" according to European scientists was the pineal gland....

"The pineal gland was originally believed to be a "vestigial remnant" of a larger ? . In 1917 it was known that extract of cow pineals lightened frog skin. Dermatology professor Aaron B. Lerner and colleagues at Yale University, hoping that a substance from the pineal might be useful in treating skin diseases, isolated and named the hormone melatonin in 1958."

We now understand that it produces melanin and synthesises melatonin

• maestro_lungs
    Options
    bambu wrote: »

Another "sign of evolution" according to European scientists was the pineal gland....

"The pineal gland was originally believed to be a "vestigial remnant" of a larger ? . In 1917 it was known that extract of cow pineals lightened frog skin. Dermatology professor Aaron B. Lerner and colleagues at Yale University, hoping that a substance from the pineal might be useful in treating skin diseases, isolated and named the hormone melatonin in 1958."

Interesting, But Your Point? I'm not Sure How you Guys Keep Injecting Race in These Conversations About Evolution. I think Scientifically it's been Shown We're all Pretty Much Alike! Being Mixed Somewhat as Most if Not all American Blacks Are. I Just Figure Skin Color was our way of Adapting to Different Climates as We Evolved & Migrated. What is Your Take on it?
  • bambu
    edited July 2012
    Options
    bambu wrote: »

Interesting, But Your Point? I'm not Sure How you Guys Keep Injecting Race in These Conversations About Evolution. I think Scientifically it's been Shown We're all Pretty Much Alike! Being Mixed Somewhat as Most if Not all American Blacks Are. I Just Figure Skin Color was our way of Adapting to Different Climates as We Evolved & Migrated. What is Your Take on it?

Not really sure how my point missed you.....

The vast majority of us are programed to believe that Darwin’s evolution theory is fact. Brother Chandler states in Ancient Future that, “We have studied Darwin’s theory of evolution and though it contradicts every ancient codex on the subject, we still insist that it is a valid model of how human and animal evolved.” 215

I think that this is one of the largest challenges facing our people. Eugenics or the science of white supremacy and Euro-centrism is the handmaiden of Darwin’s evolution theory. In order to advance the principles and end racism, Darwin’s theory must be deconstructed and exposed.

However, this usually places individuals on the side of the “religious right” and creationists in the evolution/creation debate even though they often have vastly different agendas.

I honestly think you should study the subject before you suggest that " I think Scientifically it's been Shown We're all Pretty Much Alike!"....

I dropped mad references in the seven principles thread......

And the Maafa video is a great place to start.... Here....

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now let me bear witness to my mighty elohim YHWH, I see my father every day when I look in the mirror for I was made in his image, I hear my father when he talks to me and guide me when im not living right, my father let me hear his voice to let me know he's real and humble me when I doubt him and challenge his authority, my elohim showed me that everything he create is alive by showing me their life signature, showed me by praying, meditation, eating right, drinking water getting the mental, physical and spiritual one level how heighten the senses can be, all that higher vibration u talk about but never experience my elohim showed me when you live righteous and on a higher plane when you break universal law a strong vibration will rattle ur core, thats a higher level.

Now tell us what your ? show u

He could very well say the exact same thing as you did. We can't prove any of that, though so it has to be dismissed. You would have to provide evidence that we could see or experience.

? FLOATS ON WATER, i dont be talking ? out my ass. I seek for truth on the spiritual plane ? talk ? bout going to a higher level and aint never reached it, AGAIN TELL ME WHAT YOUR ? our yourself manifested on a higher plane.

he can't said the samething because some ? you just can't make up, i tell my story and glorify my elohim no scientist, priest, teacher, books showed me ? but the mighty elohim and that the honest truth and i will share my gospel to the world, now get on that level. I am waiting forget the books manifest elohim in yourself, all this talking and showing what others say dont mean ? , what truth manifested in you from your ? and what level you reached.

i put my elohim against anybody ? and i didn't have to read a book or practice magic to get there but from the glory of elohim

• maestro_lungs
    Options
    The Vast Majority of us? What America do You Live in Again? Far as us Going into Darwin's Theory of Evolution & Social Darwinism. They are as Far apart as You Can be. Racism preceded Darwin by centuries. Ever hear of slavery? Besides, Darwin wrote of biological evolution and was opposed to what is called Social Darwinism. Racists have abused Darwin mercilessly with this nonsense. The term "survival of the fittest" was not coined by Darwin. The term " favored races" if People actually bother to read the book prior to criticizing it, has nothing at all to do with the so-called human races, but instead refers to "Varieties" amongst species other than human

Now Please Point out The Differences in Races other than the Color of our skins!
  • waterproof
    edited July 2012
    Options
    And another thing, nobody says anything about it and it's been bothering me ever since I started posting here. @Waterproof, is English your first language? Choosed and nevered are not actual words.

Now boy tell us about your ? who name you not know, nevered seen and nevered heard

So back off genius
    I don't need you to correct my broken English
    You know that's right
    You ain't white
    So stop holding your ass tight
    Cause you can't pass
    So why you keep trying to pass?
    With your black ass

you silly ass ? , im on an android typing, a sellout you are

^^^^right there homie so ? you and randolph and your evolutionist, here's Malcolm X had to said what Randolph did to the march.

The Negroes were out there in the streets. They were talking about how they were going to march on Washington.... That they were going to march on Washington, march on the Senate, march on the White House, march on the Congress, and tie it up, bring it to a halt, not let the government proceed. They even said they were going out to the airport and lay down on the runway and not let any airplanes land. I'm telling you what they said. That was revolution. That was revolution. That was the black revolution.
    It was the grass roots out there in the street. It scared the white man to death, scared the ? structure in Washington, D.C. to death; I was there. When they found out that this black steamroller was going to come down on the capital, they called in ... these national ? leaders that you respect and told them, "Call it off," Kennedy said. "Look you all are letting this thing go too far." And Old Tom said, "Boss, I can't stop it because I didn't start it." I'm telling you what they said. They said, "I'm not even in it, much less at the head of it." They said, "These Negroes are doing things on their own. They're running ahead of us." And that old shrewd fox, he said, "If you all aren't in it, I'll put you in it. I'll put you at the head of it. I'll endorse it. I'll welcome it. I'll help it. I'll join it."

This is what they did with the march on Washington. They joined it... became part of it, took it over. And as they took it over, it lost its militancy. It ceased to he angry, it ceased to be hot, it ceased to be uncompromising. Why, it even ceased to be a march. It became a picnic, a circus. Nothing but a circus, with clowns and all. . .

No, it was a sellout. It was a takeover. ... They controlled it so tight, they told those Negroes what time to hit town, where to stop, what signs to carry, what song to sing, what speech they could make, and what speech they couldn't make, and then told them to get out of town by sundown....

and here's what you boy Randolph did and said.

The accuracy of Malcolm X's caustic description of the march on Washington is corroborated in the description from the other side- from the Establishment, by White House adviser Arthur Schlesinger, in his book A Thousand Days. He tells how Kennedy met with the civil rights leaders and said the march would "create an atmosphere of intimidation" just when Congress was considering civil rights bills. A. Philip Randolph replied: "The Negroes are already in the streets. It is very likely impossible to get them off...." Schlesinger says: "The conference with the President did persuade the civil rights leaders that they should not lay siege to Capitol Hill." Schlesinger describes the Washington march admiringly and then concludes: "So in 1963 Kennedy moved to incorporate the ? revolution into the democratic coalition. ..."

that silly ass ? played the dumb roles, BOSS I CAN'T CALL DEM OFF!! then he got took the bait just for some shine.

i know what type of ? you are.
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    Options
    Now let me bear witness to my mighty elohim YHWH, I see my father every day when I look in the mirror for I was made in his image, I hear my father when he talks to me and guide me when im not living right, my father let me hear his voice to let me know he's real and humble me when I doubt him and challenge his authority, my elohim showed me that everything he create is alive by showing me their life signature, showed me by praying, meditation, eating right, drinking water getting the mental, physical and spiritual one level how heighten the senses can be, all that higher vibration u talk about but never experience my elohim showed me when you live righteous and on a higher plane when you break universal law a strong vibration will rattle ur core, thats a higher level.

He could very well say the exact same thing as you did. We can't prove any of that, though so it has to be dismissed. You would have to provide evidence that we could see or experience.

? FLOATS ON WATER, i dont be talking ? out my ass. I seek for truth on the spiritual plane ? talk ? bout going to a higher level and aint never reached it, AGAIN TELL ME WHAT YOUR ? our yourself manifested on a higher plane.

he can't said the samething because some ? you just can't make up, i tell my story and glorify my elohim no scientist, priest, teacher, books showed me ? but the mighty elohim and that the honest truth and i will share my gospel to the world, now get on that level. I am waiting forget the books manifest elohim in yourself, all this talking and showing what others say dont mean ? , what truth manifested in you from your ? and what level you reached.

i put my elohim against anybody ? and i didn't have to read a book or practice magic to get there but from the glory of elohim

what a big joke.. i could have said the same thing but chose not since u are not worth the time. religious nutty ass war ? worshipper. Lol
  • bambu
    edited July 2012
    Options
    The Vast Majority of us? What America do You Live in Again? Far as us Going into Darwin's Theory of Evolution & Social Darwinism. They are as Far apart as You Can be. Racism preceded Darwin by centuries. Ever hear of slavery? Besides, Darwin wrote of biological evolution and was opposed to what is called Social Darwinism. Racists have abused Darwin mercilessly with this nonsense. The term "survival of the fittest" was not coined by Darwin. The term " favored races" if People actually bother to read the book prior to criticizing it, has nothing at all to do with the so-called human races, but instead refers to "Varieties" amongst species other than human

Now Please Point out The Differences in Races other than the Color of our skins!

@maestro_lungs....

Ok now I cant tell if you are ignorant or just opposing me off feelings???

Your statements show that you have a very limited understanding of both the theory itself and its history.....

The theory of evolution ......

Conclusion

Fossil records, archaeology, and genetic DNA studies of the living races support Charles
    Darwin’s insight that we evolved in Africa. Humans then spread to the Middle East, Europe, Asia,
    Australia, and then to the Americas. As humans left Africa, their bodies, brains and behavior changed. To
    deal with the colder winters and scarcer food supply of Europe and Northeast Asia, the Oriental and
    White races moved away from an r-strategy toward the K-strategy. This meant more parenting and social
    organization, which required a larger brain size and a higher IQ. p.41

http://www.charlesdarwinresearch.org/Race_Evolution_Behavior.pdf

• beenwize
    Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EyqG61JXeE

• Bodhi
    Options
    @waterproof.. I don't know if you're talking out of your ass or not. Again, I don't have proof of your ? ; I have never experienced your ? . I dont believe in your ? or any other ? of any religion so I don't have a ? to "put up". Honestly, I think your ? is imaginary and is no more real than a childs invisible friend
  • waterproof
    Options
    beenwize wrote: »

what a big joke.. i could have said the same thing but chose not since u are not worth the time. religious nutty ass war ? worshipper. Lol

yeah right chump all those books aint got you nowhere, manifest elohim in you or shut the ? up chump
  • beenwize
    Options
    @waterproof.. I don't know if you're talking out of your ass or not. Again, I don't have proof of your ? ; I have never experienced your ? . I dont believe in your ? or any other ? of any religion so I don't have a ? to "put up". Honestly, I think your ? is imaginary and is no more real than a childs invisible friend

Lol
  • waterproof
    Options

i do know what type of ? you are, you cant hide ? .

Thus," replied the Buddha,
    "the Tathagata knows the straight path
    that leads to a union with Brahma.
    He knows it as one who has entered the world of Brahma and has been born in it.
    There can be no doubt in the Tathagata." [30]

For those not familiar with these terms:

Tathagata: The 'mind of clear and pure reflection,' or 'reality + mental body in various state of mind. The Buddha mind-nature hidden within every being.

Brahma: The creative force of Brahman.

Brahman: The trancendent absolute being that pervades and supports all reality." Another definition of Brahman is that which is Absolute, fills all space, is complete in itself, to which there is no second, and which is continuously present in everything, from the Creator down to the lowest of matter. It, being everywhere, is also in each and every individual.

In the ancient Vedic religion, ? was described as having three attributes. Creator, preserver and destroyer. Over time these three attributes were personalized and became known as the Gods of Brahma (creator) Vishnu (preserver) and Shiva (destroyer).

By Buddha claiming to know the path to Brahma he was also claiming to know the path to Brahman. Another way to understand the teachings of Buddha is that he taught that there are two realms. One is the Uncreated Realm and there is the Created Realm.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    @waterproof.. Did you forget that Malcolm criticized and didn't agree with King and his peaceful philosophy?
  • Bodhi
    Options
    The revolution was not supposed to be about integration; that is where King and X disagreed so what you posted does not surprise me
  • bambu
    Options
    ^^^^^ White folks argument....
  • Bodhi
    edited July 2012
    Options
    The Buddhist concept of Brahma means highest. Brahmins were a social class for example. Brahma in the Buddhist sense is Nirvana. Brahma in Hinduism is a ? . The Buddha did not acknowledge a creator ? . Nice try, though
  • beenwize
    Options
    beenwize wrote: »

yeah right chump all those books aint got you nowhere, manifest elohim in you or shut the ? up chump

all them books? you only stick to King James VERSION cuz its a book the white man authorized your mentally weak ass to believe in. So when other ppl speak of other books your ? automatically ? up.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Vishnu is a Hindu ? , not Buddhist
  • Bodhi
    Options
    @waterproof.. That rap was wack as ? btw
  • Bodhi
    edited July 2012
    Options

i do know what type of ? you are, you cant hide ? .

Thus," replied the Buddha,
    "the Tathagata knows the straight path
    that leads to a union with Brahma.
    He knows it as one who has entered the world of Brahma and has been born in it.
    There can be no doubt in the Tathagata." [30]

For those not familiar with these terms:

Tathagata: The 'mind of clear and pure reflection,' or 'reality + mental body in various state of mind. The Buddha mind-nature hidden within every being.

Brahma: The creative force of Brahman.

Brahman: The trancendent absolute being that pervades and supports all reality." Another definition of Brahman is that which is Absolute, fills all space, is complete in itself, to which there is no second, and which is continuously present in everything, from the Creator down to the lowest of matter. It, being everywhere, is also in each and every individual.

In the ancient Vedic religion, ? was described as having three attributes. Creator, preserver and destroyer. Over time these three attributes were personalized and became known as the Gods of Brahma (creator) Vishnu (preserver) and Shiva (destroyer).

By Buddha claiming to know the path to Brahma he was also claiming to know the path to Brahman. Another way to understand the teachings of Buddha is that he taught that there are two realms. One is the Uncreated Realm and there is the Created Realm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahma

Brahmā (Sanskrit: ब्रह्मा; IAST:Brahmā) is the Hindu ? (deva) of creation and one of the Trimūrti, the others being Viṣņu and Śiva. According to the Brahmā Purāņa, he is the father of Manu, and from Manu all human beings are descended. In the Rāmāyaņa and the Mahābhārata, he is often referred to as the progenitor or great grandsire of all human beings. He is not to be confused with the Supreme Cosmic Spirit in Hindu Vedānta philosophy known as Brahman, which is genderless. Brahmā's wife is Saraswati. Saraswati is also known by names such as Sāvitri and Gāyatri, and has taken different forms. Saraswati is the Vedic Goddess, revered as Vedamāta, meaning Mother of the Vedas. Brahmā is often identified with Prajāpati, a Vedic deity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahma_(Buddhism)

Brahmā in Buddhism is the name for a type of exalted passionless deity (deva), of which there are several in Buddhist cosmology

A deva (देव Sanskrit and Pāli) in Buddhism is one of many different types of non-human beings who share the characteristics of being more powerful, longer-lived, and, in general, living more contentedly than the average human being.

The name Brahmā originates in Vedic tradition, in which Brahmā appears as the creator of the universe. By contrast, early Buddhist texts describe several different Brahmās coexisting in the same universe; some of them think they are "all powerful" creators of the world, but they are corrected by the Buddha. The myths, characters, and functions of these Brahmās are distinct from those of the Vedic Brahmā.

Brahmin (also called Brahman; from Sanskrit brāhmaṇa ब्राह्मण) is a name used to designate a member of one of the four varnas (castes) in the traditional Hindu societies of Nepal and India.

• waterproof
    Options
    @waterproof.. Did you forget that Malcolm criticized and didn't agree with King and his peaceful philosophy?

You silly ? the more you talk the more you show your agenda and how you aint well studied, u do know malcolm x and mlk started seeing eye to eye and had plans
    Of more meeting to discuss joining together on certain issues.

Judahxulu is right u aint nothing but a coca-cola black history month calendar ass ?