The Offical Mad Men Season-5 Thread: The GOAT TV Show is back... Breaking Who???

Options

Comments

• WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ginsberg is the first real comp Don has ever had in Creative so ofcourse his ego feels threaten. Dude has real skills and knows it. So Don upstage him to show Ginsberg Im the one that built this ? . Peggy even sees that Ginsberg is a threat.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ginsberg is no different from pete campell. a young upstart with talent whose ego outpaces his accomplishments as of yet.

I predict his lauces will pile up like Pete's too. and i think he is a ? .

There is a difference racially how people with his/pete's attitude are responded to.

White dudes dont mind it
    black dudes hate it
    all are entitled to their opinion.
  • truth_juice
    truth_juice Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    Ginsberg is no different from pete campell. a young upstart with talent whose ego outpaces his accomplishments as of yet.

I predict his lauces will pile up like Pete's too. and i think he is a ? .

There is a difference racially how people with his/pete's attitude are responded to.

White dudes dont mind it
    black dudes hate it
    all are entitled to their opinion.

I see your point but Pete was more of a ? and try to pull snake, ? -made moves here and there. Ginsberg his doing the job he was hired to do. Hes just doing it a high ass level. I mean he stays in his lane and isnt really trying to take over, pull a coup, or made any power moves. He stays in creatives office and does his thing. Comparing him to Petes homotional ass is a bit much! Haha.

• bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^^^^

Roger: keep ya mouth closed and get this money
    Ginsberg: Ok

First thing Ginsberd did? First person he comes across?

"I'm getting this money by doing Roger's work"

She ? on him, cuz she didnt respect that.

She, a female, didnt even do that. She knows its against code.
  • truth_juice
    Options
    ^^^^^^^

Haha! Good point. But thats just stupidity not a Campbellesque move. He DID try to break her off with some tho so it was kind of like looking out for your boy. Like " I came up so I'ma cut you in". He didnt run and tell others. But yea, I guess we'll have to see where his character development goes. I dont think the ? scenario is true though.

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^^^^

Haha! Good point. But thats just stupidity not a Campbellesque move. He DID try to break her off with some tho so it was kind of like looking out for your boy. Like " I came up so I'ma cut you in". He didnt run and tell others. But yea, I guess we'll have to see where his character development goes. I dont think the ? scenario is true though.

His Pops tried to tell him to get some females and he wasnt feeling it.
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Im starting to think the Don-Megan relationship is unbreakable
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I missed to episode because of the military...smh
    I cant even look at the 65 new post... I'm gonna commit dat...
  • truth_juice
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Damn, Lane done ? up. And that sexual tension between Joan and Don was dope. Looks like they planting the seeds for the unraveling of Don & Megan. And lol at Petes L's continuing no matter what the story line.
  • OceanState
    OceanState Members Posts: 203
    Options
    Don's jaguar speech couldnt have been better, also when he wrote that check at the dealership that was swague
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i thought it was funny how pete tried to give that inspiring speech and didnt get one hand clap
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    don gave an almost similar speech when they lost the cigarette account
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Decent episode. They moved around a lot and touched on a lot of different people.

Don and Joan's moment together was nice. They've always seemed like equals, but stay out of each others lane. You could always tell they had mad respect for another without ever needing to publicize it. They just think differently than everyone else on the show so them two alone was interesting cause you never see it and its exactly what you would expect. I didnt think there was any real sexual tension at all. That would be unnecessary anyway. If anything it reinforced they are not sexually attracted to one another. Real just recognize real.

Plus thats Rodger girl.

I didn't understand Meagan's reaction to Don coming home late. She just did the same thing like the week before? How could she be that mad? If Megan is coming home late and getting upset over Don coming home late, she's most likely projecting. If she's cheating it's likely she thinks Don is cheating...

I like Harry and Paul as a characters, but didn't give a ? about that Hare Krishna story line...even tho it makes sense for Paul.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ^^ Go watch that scene with them at the bar, Don was flirting with her and Joan was basically tellin him that she wanted to ? and didn't care about either of them being married.

"I like being bad and then going home and being good"

"He knows. That's just the way he is. And maybe it's just the way she is"

then offering to drive him home

Mad Men is subtle this ain't reality tv they're not gonna throw it in your face
  • focus
    edited May 2012
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    ^^ Go watch that scene with them at the bar, Don was flirting with her and Joan was basically tellin him that she wanted to ? and didn't care about either of them being married.

It was just good flirting, and of course both Don and Joan would be good at flirting and have great chemistry. But at the end of the day, it seemed more like a casual, old colleagues interaction. He was very supportive and kind to her when she needed it, including sending those flowers. Them ? would accomplish nothing for either of them and be very predictable...which is not Mad Men.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH@ Don getting ? when he got back to the crib though, lmao.
  • truth_juice
    Options
    focus wrote: »

It was just good flirting, and of course both Don and Joan would be good at flirting and have great chemistry. But at the end of the day, it seemed more like a casual, old colleagues interaction. He was very supportive and kind to her when she needed it, including sending those flowers. Them ? would accomplish nothing for either of them and be very predictable...which is not Mad Men.

I think they are starting to show that the honeymoon period is over. Don starting to see that Megan isnt as perfect as he once thought. 3 episodes ago he was so sprung he wouldnt be out drinking and flirting, even if it was innocent. He woulda rushed home to be all up on Megan, wouldnt leave her side. I think the cracks are already starting to show.

• focus
    edited May 2012
    Options

I think they are starting to show that the honeymoon period is over. Don starting to see that Megan isnt as perfect as he once thought. 3 episodes ago he was so sprung he wouldnt be out drinking and flirting, even if it was innocent. He woulda rushed home to be all up on Megan, wouldnt leave her side. I think the cracks are already starting to show.

If this was some random chick, you'd have a point. But what was he supposed to do in that situation? Think of the times. Think of the how long he's know Joan. And the fact that he is her boss. He could'nt have seen what happened at the front desk and just be like "Well, goodnight Joan". I think people reading too much into some things and not at all into other things....the REAL takeaways from that scene. Its just not always about "OMGZ, Don iz a P.I.M.P." Plus, again...who the ? even wants to see a Don/Joan/Rodger (the baby's daddy) love triangle? Thats called jumping the shark. This is not a soap opera. I guarantee you the next episode there will be nothing romantic/sexual happening between the two. But if i'm wrong i'll say so.
  • truth_juice
    edited May 2012
    Options

If this was some random chick, you'd have a point. But what was he supposed to do in that situation? Think of the times. Think of the how long he's know Joan. And the fact that he is her boss. He could'nt have seen what happened at the front desk and just be like "Well, goodnight Joan". I think people reading too much into some things and not at all into other things....the REAL takeaways from that scene. Its just not always about "OMGZ, Don iz a P.I.M.P." Plus, again...who the ? even wants to see a Don/Joan/Rodger (the baby's daddy) love triangle? Thats called jumping the shark. This is not a soap opera. I guarantee you the next episode there will be nothing romantic/sexual happening between the two. But if i'm wrong i'll say so.

Bruh, I see your points and I think you misinterpreted what I said. I said that yea, its mostly innocent with Joan, but the fact that that old flirting Don would resurface at all is a telling sign. There have already been hints of things not going quite how he wanted and him being disillusioned. She deaded the office power couple scenario he envisioned and it obviously threw him off that they werent on the same page like he thought. And I think the scene where she was geeking out when he finally came home further showed that shes not as laid back and perfect as he thought. I dont think dudes are over analyzing as I feel that this is a show that gives you subtle build ups. But yea, Joan isnt the issue, its about the beginning of Dons discontent.... Now take back your no-sign! Haha.

• S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn let Joan call me "too irresistible", straight ebrc treatment. ? if I care that some wack ass pasta got cold, wifey better understand and go the ? to bed.
  • FroHawke
    FroHawke Members Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^Cosign my ? ..Don got stones of gold to turn down that ? .

Really good episode. Lane ? up, that dude is gonna be in some deep ? pretty soon. As far as Pete is concerned, he may be unlikeable but the dude is very good at closing accounts, I wont be surprised if a rival agency just bids for his services....he may bolt because he may feel that they dont appreciate him at SDP

Megan turning into a real ? , chick overreacts to everything.
  • truth_juice
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Damn let Joan call me "too irresistible", straight ebrc treatment. ? if I care that some wack ass pasta got cold, wifey better understand and go the ? to bed.

Co-? -sign

• S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh at dude working for Jaguar seeing no commission from his top of the line whip.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U see the growth in Don though 2 years ago the old Don Draper wouldn't take no for a answer trying to ? .